Like Tree9833Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    The psychological is only the written correct? No meeting up with a Psychologist like in NYPD? thanks
    Yes the psych is only written unless you answer something or something in your background throws up a red flag. Then you have to go sit with the doc. I had to go in for the 6019 list and was literally only in there with her for 5 minutes. The kid in front of me was there for almost an hour so not sure what the hell he wrote on the test.
    Test 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Current info:: 21 drops out the academy as of right now... Winter class will commence the 27th of January.

Damn man, I hope alot of these drops are guys who can't or won't recycle next class. Im right on the edge for the next class and my chances of getting in for January are getting smaller and smaller with each dropout.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    the point being. how do you know they didnt score well enough to get hired? you are assuming that from what you have heard. the city plans on hiring close to 1200 or so ff and you are upset about the 100 or 200 guys who might be priority? i could care less about that, all i can do is train, wait and hope to do well when my shot comes. those guys have nothing to do with you, its like we all looking for someone to blame for us not going into the july class. what will we complain about after jan, when almost all ems and priority guys will be done.

train hard, and hurry up and wait. thats all we can do
    Because these boys and girls had a competitive physical before they were given list numbers, meaning they could phenominally well on the written, but be out of shape and only score a 90 or so on the physical losing places. So that's awesome they scored a 95, 93, 94 is the norm I'm hearing (and fyi that is with 5 extra points) but not a single PH has ever told me what they got on the physical or why they got DQed from the BI.

Forum Member

Also you need to prove NYC credits for a year, not within a year. If you cannot prove that you lived for 12 months in the city, you will lose the 5 points res. credits.
    Last edited by DJ_Reverse; 08-13-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Forum Member

Current info:: 21 drops out the academy as of right now... Winter class will commence the 27th of January.
    Have you heard anything about people having to go straight to HQ today due to injury? A friend (he's a little dumb which is why I'm asking for confirmation) told me he was there today and saw a bunch.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Have you heard anything about people having to go straight to HQ today due to injury? A friend (he's a little dumb which is why I'm asking for confirmation) told me he was there today and saw a bunch.
    Yea there's people going on medical leave so those might be them.

Forum Member

Can anyone confirm that the PHs still only get one shot at the academy. If they quit, deffer, or get fired they are done unless by injury correct? I know this was how it was supposed to be in the court order but who knows how it is actually shaking out.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Yea there's people going on medical leave so those might be them.
    So it's 21 drops and then these injured folk?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Can anyone confirm that the PHs still only get one shot at the academy. If they quit, deffer, or get fired they are done unless by injury correct? I know this was how it was supposed to be in the court order but who knows how it is actually shaking out.

Ill add to this-- can someone also confirm that you only get 2 shots at the academy (Promo or OC) and the only way you get a third shot is if you get injured?

Forum Member

21 including those.... Most of the drops are EMS regardless so they WILL comeback unless they decide not to.

Forum Member

good question.. are the injured guys/girls part of the 21 or are they in addition too?

Forum Member

Like I said I wasn't arguing. I am informing this gentleman of the facts. If news academy comes up and that becomes the topic of convo, I will quiet down and let that have the floor. But until then I'm not going to allow falsehoods to be spread on here about the PHs being individuals who scored great and just didn't get on because of their skin tone.
    not once had i mentioned anything about there skin tone. and i to was all set for the last exam, but missed my chance for military reasons. i too believed everything you do about priority hires, unitl i actually saw scores with my own eyes. anyone who scored over a 25 on the previous test was eligible for priority hire, but they still had to pass the new exam just like all of us. so of those guys who passed they took the top candidates. now you are not going to get a 25 on the last test and then get a 97 on this one, and furthermore they had to pass all the same things that we did. i do not like that they are ahead of me. but thats what the city wants and there is nothing i can do about it. not arguing here either, but i believe there is a post on here that released the priority hire list and there scores. this is the last i will post about this topic unless someone can show me some actual proof that these guys got 25's and 30's and are in the academy

Forum Member

good question.. are the injured guys/girls part of the 21 or are they in addition too?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    I think it's because the lists expired before their numbers were called. I've been following this forum for the past 6 years, and I must say it's slowly deteriorating. It seems like you're both for/against rank-order hiring. Am I the only one who's feeling this way about your posts? It's just a little confusing.

The color of your skin doesn't matter as long as you're hired according to your rank/list/test score or what-have-you. We're just a little annoyed because a lot of us have waited 6 years for a spot in the academy; seeing all these PH getting hired first would make anyone who's in our shoes' blood boil. And this is coming from an Asian guy who's probably the minority of all minorities.
    asian guy thats great, i really want some asian and hindu people suing because im sure they dont even make 1% of the dept. If the dept. wants diversity why arent they focusing on all races?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Damn man, I hope alot of these drops are guys who can't or won't recycle next class. Im right on the edge for the next class and my chances of getting in for January are getting smaller and smaller with each dropout.

there are about five guys that are going to be recycled for the next class already

Forum Member

read my previous post and youll see

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    balls! That means the 1st day would be the day after the Super Bowl. Well, at least Jet fans know they'll be able to get a good nights sleep =)

BTW, for anyone who has to drive to get to Metrotech, this is the cheapest parking garage I could find. On the weekends it's $5 for any 12 hours, during the week their special is $7.25. It's only about .5M from Metrotech too.

http://www.parkme.com/lot/117023/236...y-ny-11201-usa
    The Super Bowl should be Feb 2nd I believe. Still not great since the next day will be the second week of academy (I've always felt the Monday after might as well be a national holiday). Ah well, the Giants will have to win it all this year without me throwing a few back.
    vekdoggs75, NycQ83 and dawk34 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    read my previous post and youll see
    sooo are the PHs allowed to recycle? lol

are you inferring that only 5 are recycling and the others are PHs?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    asian guy thats great, i really want some asian and hindu people suing because im sure they dont even make 1% of the dept. If the dept. wants diversity why arent they focusing on all races?
    No, I'd like to think we're better than that; crying that the test was biased, when in fact the Vulcans themselves admitted that it wasn't, won't change anything. Wait, it did change a lot of things. It screwed a lot of us. Hmmm... maybe we should sue. Or maybe we shouldn't stoop down to their level.
    FDsouthbxNY and vekdoggs75 like this.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

River, check your PMs.

Forum Member

The Super Bowl should be Feb 2nd I believe. Still not great since the next day will be the second week of academy (I've always felt the Monday after might as well be a national holiday). Ah well, the Giants will have to win it all this year without me throwing a few back.
    Ya, that's why I was asking Jukez. If the first day the January class is at the rock is the 27th, and that's for processing, the class would officially start the next week on the 3rd (like this class went for processing July 22nd, started the 29th).

As for the Super Bowl, eventually it'll be pushed back to Presidents Day weekend so we'll get that national holiday. If Goodell got his 18 game season wish this would have happened already.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Ya, that's why I was asking Jukez. If the first day the January class is at the rock is the 27th, and that's for processing, the class would officially start the next week on the 3rd (like this class went for processing July 22nd, started the 29th).

As for the Super Bowl, eventually it'll be pushed back to Presidents Day weekend so we'll get that national holiday. If Goodell got his 18 game season wish this would have happened already.
    Ok just to clear things up a bit... I was writing in a rush cause I was at work.... From the 20th to the 24th candidates would be going to get fitted for their uniforms ( this is the next step after you pass the 1.5 mile run) then the 27th is the first day you will be in full uniforms going to the rock to "start" the academy.
    HopefulFF and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Also you need to prove NYC credits for a year, not within a year. If you cannot prove that you lived for 12 months in the city, you will lose the 5 points res. credits.
    If you moved within that year (July 2010-June 2011) to another NYC address and all the paperwork isn't transferred to the new address (still both in the city) will that be an issue?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    sooo are the PHs allowed to recycle? lol

are you inferring that only 5 are recycling and the others are PHs?
    well one guy was allowed to resign and come back and now get recycled and a few others are getting recycled cause they are "hurt"
    Last edited by fdnybk; 08-13-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: type error

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Let me make sure I got this straight because I thought I did, but now I don't.

I lived in Queens for 1.5 years straight two times in the last 5 years. That doesn't mean I can claim correct? I moved half a year into the 1 year residency window the FDNY stated.

Also could someone give me a heads up on how to update my email with FDNY? I promise at least 1 cup, probably in my 18th season.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Thread Information