Like Tree10638Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    No, I'd like to think we're better than that; crying that the test was biased, when in fact the Vulcans themselves admitted that it wasn't, won't change anything. Wait, it did change a lot of things. It screwed a lot of us. Hmmm... maybe we should sue. Or maybe we shouldn't stoop down to their level.
    if im correct they did say it was biased
    and why not? it goes to show that they cant just focus one race or two, they have to focus on all races if they really want to be "diversified". isnt this why this all started? becuase there isnt enough "minorities" on the job.

Forum Member

Has anyone on here proved residency using the under-21 at time of application rule (where you only need 2 proofs)? I kind of wanna know how any of you guys who are going through/have gone through processing and who have done it went about doing so. Just so I can be squared away when the time comes.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

It has to be CONTINUOSLY for the year prior to the date of the exam opening, so if the exam opened on July 15th, 2011 you must have lived at a NYC address from July 15th 2010- July 15th 2011. If you cannot prove this then you cannot claim residency.

Forum Member

No I know. But I was 19 at the time and didn't have much in my name. All I have in my name are W-2 forms from those two years with my address on them and transcripts from school. Everything else would be in a parent's name. Could that be acceptable with a notarized letter?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

are they still giving out the cpat practices?
    for the guys that had their medical today, whats your list number?

Forum Member

i believe they are in the 200's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Ya, that's why I was asking Jukez. If the first day the January class is at the rock is the 27th, and that's for processing, the class would officially start the next week on the 3rd (like this class went for processing July 22nd, started the 29th).

As for the Super Bowl, eventually it'll be pushed back to Presidents Day weekend so we'll get that national holiday. If Goodell got his 18 game season wish this would have happened already.

Wait.... Is there any reliable source for this date at all??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    No I know. But I was 19 at the time and didn't have much in my name. All I have in my name are W-2 forms from those two years with my address on them and transcripts from school. Everything else would be in a parent's name. Could that be acceptable with a notarized letter?
    i am in the same boat as you, was 19 at the time of the test, moved to NYC right after high school. I have my college transcript and acceptane letter, cable and water bills, and rent receipts. I slowly moved everything to NYC which it all is now (I was lazy with things lol). Hopefully, everything will be straightened out, only time will tell
    FDNY EXAM 2000
    Score: 100
    List Number: 22xx

Forum Member

Hey, that was my situation... I provided two forms of proof, and in addition a notarized statement of support. Im moving along swiftly, Good luck man!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Has anyone on here proved residency using the under-21 at time of application rule (where you only need 2 proofs)? I kind of wanna know how any of you guys who are going through/have gone through processing and who have done it went about doing so. Just so I can be squared away when the time comes.
    Hey, that was my situation... I provided two forms of proof, and in addition a notarized statement of support. Im moving along swiftly, Good luck man!
    DREAMOFFDNY likes this.

Forum Member

Has anyone in their low 700s gotten their Psych yet? I took my Physical back in June, passed, all good. Also was expecting a call from my investigator in july to bring in the rest of my papers but never got one. I'm guessing I should just wait it out right?

P.S. Congrats to everyone in the new class and goodluck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JFKills View Post
    my source has advise me around mid january
    Last edited by fdnybk; 08-14-2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: type error

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JFKills View Post
    yea Jukez said it.. I think hes the commissioner or something.
    Last edited by NycQ83; 08-14-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

How screwed up would that be to find out that Jukez is the commissioner the whole entire time.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    yea Jukez said it.. I think hes the commissioner or something.
    Oh boy.. Don't go spreading rumors, you know how forum people take **** so serious 😏.. I don't want to start getting emails saying "can you help me out in my process?" Haha
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Double post

Forum Member

the damn stairmaster got me....2nd time's a charm?

Some info I know you guys would be interested in:

1- We were told the January class would start on the 27th. Maybe Jukez is the comish
    2- Medicals will be scheduled through August and stop in Sept. In Sept they're going to start sending out the next batch of Intake packets, they were guessing out to around #1100 on OC. Intake interviews will be in Oct and Nov, ending before Thanksgiving week. The guy we spoke to was guessing some where around the top 900 on OC have a good shot for January
    vekdoggs75, Sultan and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    my source has advise me around mid january
    Again your source is unreliable... Maybe you should just stop asking him lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    the damn stairmaster got me....2nd time's a charm?

Some info I know you guys would be interested in:

1- We were told the January class would start on the 27th. Maybe Jukez is the comish
    2- Medicals will be scheduled through August and stop in Sept. In Sept they're going to start sending out the next batch of Intake packets, they were guessing out to around #1100 on OC. Intake interviews will be in Oct and Nov, ending before Thanksgiving week. The guy we spoke to was guessing some where around the top 900 on OC have a good shot for January
    80 percent of candidates have to redue their Medicals specially they way they changed the hr portion of it no biggie.. Just keep training hard for the academy, it will come really fast.
    USMC2024 likes this.

Forum Member

Default stairmaster

wow HopefullFf did anyone pass the stairmaster? im worried about this... my medical is coming up and Im wondering if I keep failing and I am in shape then I cant be a fireman??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    80 percent of candidates have to redue their Medicals specially they way they changed the hr portion of it no biggie.. Just keep training hard for the academy, it will come really fast.
    Ya, the majority of us didn't even get to put on the vest, a low resting heart rate screwed a lot of people.

Forum Member

Ya, the majority of us didn't even get to put on the vest, a low resting heart rate screwed a lot of people.

OAK
    Forum Member

Double post
    Last edited by OAK; 08-14-2013 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Double post, Iphone

OAK
    Forum Member

Jukez, u mind filling me in on what they changed about the hr portion? Is it still (220-age)*.9 for 5:12 or is it something new now? Thx, I'm getting worried and I want to have all the bases covered

Forum Member

damn im worried about this heart rate problem...my medical is on the 22nd and Im thinking if I keep failing I cant be a fireman??

Thread Information