Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 527 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 274274775175245255265275285295305375776271027 ... LastLast
Results 10,521 to 10,540 of 24088
Like Tree9398Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blazingorilla View Post
    F**kin ignorant a** racist...such a cowardly statement....nobody asked u if u f**ked some lil boys in the *** did they? Get your white sheet and gtfoh
    That wasn't a racist statement, it was a reference to spam you moron.

This guy is obviously just trolling, can some one get him banned or something.
    phillyphill likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

That triangle in the bottom left hand corner of a post is the report button.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Forget this guy. He's just wasting everyone's time here.

Forum Member

Who works in a cubicle. Your jokes are corny.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Now on a serious note, I find myself in a major dilemma. Although, it's my dream job, it will come with a very big pay cut for me. I'm trying to figure a way to make this happen, but with a family, it's not only myself that I have to worry about. I'm sure some are in the same position, how will you handle this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    On the day they give assignments, you are let go from the Rock early. You are then expected to go directly to your house and introduce yourself. You'll certainly be invited to dinner, and your response will be yes. Then you hang out with they guys for awhile, usually until 10 or so. They undoubtedly told him this, and it would appear he chose not to listen. He's now paying the price.
    I know nothing about the story of someone taking 5 hours to get to their house, but it's worth mentioning that we were not let out any earlier than usual. Maybe even a bit later than we normally would on lecture days. Honestly the impression I got was I don't think they really wanted us staying at the firehouse all night. Between getting out at like 1530 and having to be at Brooklyn College very early the next morning for graduation there wasn't a whole lot of time to do much. I went home and got my stuff, then headed over to my house. Stayed for a few hours but couldn't commit to dinner because I had to pick up family that came in from out of of town.

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I miss one day of checking this forum and... I don't even know what to say to all of that.

Anyway... Hey MM, do you think they picked the assignments based on where you had prior work experience with EMS? For example, did they take a medic that used to work Manhattan and put him in a Manhattan engine company?

Also, did they give you your work schedule yet? I've always heard FDNY guys and gals work 24s but have also heard you can't mutual during probation. Whats the schedule like for you for now?
    I have no idea how they decided on that. It's certainly supposed to have something to do with what boroughs you put as your choices, but beyond that, and staffing needs, I have no idea. We were told all along that Division 1 (lower Manhattan) needed a lot of manpower, and that seems to have held true, since a number of companies in the division got 4 probies each. But if you think I have any idea how all that works....

edit: scheduling: 24s are done by doing mutuals with someone who works opposite you in the scheduling rotation. That will not be allowed for at least the first few months. As it stands the straight tour schedule is a rotation that is hard to explain, but ends up with us working 2 day tours and 2 night tours each week, totaling 48 hours a week.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 05-19-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire ant View Post
    Now on a serious note, I find myself in a major dilemma. Although, it's my dream job, it will come with a very big pay cut for me. I'm trying to figure a way to make this happen, but with a family, it's not only myself that I have to worry about. I'm sure some are in the same position, how will you handle this?
    Everyone's situation is different, some candidates are single, and some have families. If you want the job, you must make sacrifices, but family comes first. If it will affect your family situation in which you can't afford the essentials, you may have to take a different path. If I were you, I would think about every possible angle to survive before I turn it down. I wish you luck......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire ant View Post
    Save NOW! Try to go in to probie school as debt free as possible, even if you have to cut back on how you live now. It's probably better if you do that now anyway so it's not so much of a shock when the time comes.

Forum Member

MM congrats on making it through. Did you end up in the borough of your preference?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    MM congrats on making it through. Did you end up in the borough of your preference?
    Yes I did get the borough that I put down as my first choice.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

F**kin ignorant a** racist...such a cowardly statement....nobody asked u if u f**ked some lil boys in the *** did they? Get your white sheet and gtfoh
    Maybe you're the racist.. I work for a major financial institution.. And these scams are real.. Normally on Craigslist where people pretend to be on a religious mission on Africa and want you to wire the deposit for a rental to their acct..

So before you spout off calling people racist do some research..

Stop trying to be so hard..no one here is impressed by your antics..

And it can be proven that those who come off a certain way tend to be the exact opposite..

So I'm sure that you don't resemble a gorilla.. Nor do you work hard.. Or else you would've worked hard to figure out why you were apparently skipped over the first time.

And yes.. I do work in a cube not with brooklynborn though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Everyone's situation is different, some candidates are single, and some have families. If you want the job, you must make sacrifices, but family comes first. If it will affect your family situation in which you can't afford the essentials, you may have to take a different path. If I were you, I would think about every possible angle to survive before I turn it down. I wish you luck......
    Thanks, I've pretty much decided that the sacrifices will be worth it. Now to convince the wife...lol
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

Forum Member

If it means anything, the people i listed as references got the letter from cid that they need to fill out and return
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    If it means anything, the people i listed as references got the letter from cid that they need to fill out and return
    what list number are you around? And what other steps have you completed or will complete?

Forum Member

Hey "Iwantthisjob" any word on what that letter was that you got? did you say you did your medical already?

Forum Member

Go sit in your lil champagne glass in the Poconos and stfu. As far as threats, like I said, I don't and don't plan to..but calling ppl on on bs...yeah I will..it so funny how ppl NOW want to chill when some one gets at them....

But on another note of fdny history...can anyone HONESTLY tell me why after a few years the EMS department merged with fdny? I wonder if it had anything to do to lack of diversity back then and the more diversity of ems...I'm just wondering..
    Hes a vet you Moron. While you were sitting around waiting for handouts and leaching off society because you are not competitive, he was getting shot at in another country and trying to not to get his legs blown off. you are actually the definition of punk. Are you on the down low? I heard about you guys on Maury.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-19-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    what list number are you around? And what other steps have you completed or will complete?
    My list number is between 100-150 and i have completed everything..psych, medical and cpat

Forum Member

Looks like someone is lying again MM...hmmm
    I'm sorry.. But I know you aren't calling someone who took the EMS test, busted his balls running an ambulance then took the promo test.. Got into the academy fair and square.. And is now on the job a liar?

C'mon bro.. Please.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I'm sorry.. But I know you aren't calling someone who took the EMS test, busted his balls running an ambulance then took the promo test.. Got into the academy fair and square.. And is now on the job a liar?

C'mon bro.. Please.
    No need to defend me. I doubt he's calling me a liar, but I don't really care to dig deeper.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Hes a vet you Moron. While you were sitting around waiting for hangouts and leaching off society because you are not competitive, he was getting shot at in another country and trying to not to get his legs blown off. you are actually the definition of punk. Are you on the down low? I heard about you guys on Maury.
    Bro, I appreciate the kind words.. But it means nothing to him. If it doesn't involve getting free money, a free job, or spouting off at the mouth towards guys who have been on the job for years.. Then it means nothing to him.

He has no respect what so ever. Not towards other candidates, not towards other fire fighters... And I'm sure he won't have any respect once he gets in a FH..

Can you imagine when someone tells him to mop the kitchen, replace the toilet paper, or wash the rig?

" y'all racist, I have seniority, y'all can't make me do that"
    FDNYGUY28 likes this.

Thread Information