Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 528 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 284284785185255265275285295305315385786281028 ... LastLast
Results 10,541 to 10,560 of 23932
Like Tree9376Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Lets agree to ignore him.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Lets agree to ignore him.
    That's the best idea..

Forum Member

He needs practice getting ignored, I see it happening a lot in his future.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program! Good news ladies and gents...seems the two trolls have been removed!
    DannyD0pe likes this.

Forum Member

Good to go. Now did I hear someone in the 500 range earlier went for their CPAT?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Just passed my cpat...when I was there alot of ppl were taking it a second time

I'm mid 600s. And haven't gotten my psych yet..... Anybody close to me get theirs??
    wow, is this the highest they have gotten for the CPAT?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Good to go. Now did I hear someone in the 500 range earlier went for their CPAT?
    Yea someone on the last page said they did the CPAT and there in the mid 600's. He mentioned he didn't take his psych yet though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    Yea someone on the last page said they did the CPAT and there in the mid 600's. He mentioned he didn't take his psych yet though.
    That's still pretty good. Moving right along.

Forum Member

So......saw this thread going off the rails, so I took a few days off. Now I come back to find that it went off further, seriously, I thought I was reading about the Metro-North Railroad crash......

Okay, anyway, I'll share a quick story.....

Probys arrived at my house Thursday. Guys did the right thing, came with cakes and stuff, looked sharp, really squared away. Respectful beyond necessity. Always addressed us as sir. This isn't needed, but what's good is having someone say, "who the **** is this sir guy, knock if off"! They looked like go getters.......then the last guy showed up a lot later than the first two.....oops. Now, we'll give that guy the same shot as the rest, but it puts a bad taste in your mouth on day one.

While you're a proby, there is nothing more important than your assigned company and this fire department. With the obvious exceptions of sick children, death in the family and a wife going into labor, there are no excuses for not being the first guy through the door for a tour and attending every event and out of work function.

This has to be your life. Live it or leave....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    So......saw this thread going off the rails, so I took a few days off. Now I come back to find that it went off further, seriously, I thought I was reading about the Metro-North Railroad crash......

Okay, anyway, I'll share a quick story.....

Probys arrived at my house Thursday. Guys did the right thing, came with cakes and stuff, looked sharp, really squared away. Respectful beyond necessity. Always addressed us as sir. This isn't needed, but what's good is having someone say, "who the **** is this sir guy, knock if off"! They looked like go getters.......then the last guy showed up a lot later than the first two.....oops. Now, we'll give that guy the same shot as the rest, but it puts a bad taste in your mouth on day one.

While you're a proby, there is nothing more important than your assigned company and this fire department. With the obvious exceptions of sick children, death in the family and a wife going into labor, there are no excuses for not being the first guy through the door for a tour and attending every event and out of work function.

This has to be your life. Live it or leave....
    I didn't think probies got invited to out of work stuff..

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Fire ant View Post
    Now on a serious note, I find myself in a major dilemma. Although, it's my dream job, it will come with a very big pay cut for me. I'm trying to figure a way to make this happen, but with a family, it's not only myself that I have to worry about. I'm sure some are in the same position, how will you handle this?
    You will have to sit down with your wife and discuss it. I will tell you that there are a lot of guys in the trades who do side work that are always looking for guys, but this is something you should only do after your probation is over. In the end, you have to decided how much you want it, and your wife will have to decide how much she can put up with. This usually only comes once; take it if it's really what you want. In a few years the money thing will ease up, but I won't lie and tell you it won't be hard until then. Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I know nothing about the story of someone taking 5 hours to get to their house, but it's worth mentioning that we were not let out any earlier than usual. Maybe even a bit later than we normally would on lecture days. Honestly the impression I got was I don't think they really wanted us staying at the firehouse all night. Between getting out at like 1530 and having to be at Brooklyn College very early the next morning for graduation there wasn't a whole lot of time to do much. I went home and got my stuff, then headed over to my house. Stayed for a few hours but couldn't commit to dinner because I had to pick up family that came in from out of of town.
    It happened. I know for 100% sure. I'll leave it at that. You make your own decisions as a grown man, but I will tell you that if the guys in your house asked you to stay and eat, and you said no, they're talking about it right now. Not saying you did anything wrong, but you need to understand that you're not a candidate anymore. You MUST eat, sleep and breathe this job for the next few months until the guys you work with can form an opinion of you. Every softball game, picnic, Medal Day EVERYTHING that your house goes to you MUST find a way to go, too. Serious family things are a different story, of course. Now, if you want to be the guy who goes against the grain and all that (they're out there), I guarantee every great thing you hear about this job will pass you by. Just keep it in mind is all I ask, because you seem like a good guy and I'm pretty sure all of us on the job who post here are hoping you'll do well.

EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

I highly doubt they will push back the class. If they decide they need more people they will push them through the process very fast.

When I went through the process for EMS they wanted to fill the classes quick, I did almost the entire process in a week

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    My list number is between 100-150 and i have completed everything..psych, medical and cpat
    When did they get those letters? We are in the same range on the list and I haven't heard of any of my contacts getting the letter yet. Hopefully they get them in the next couple days.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    That was a cool video. I didn't expect them to be alright. I wonder where the dogs were that they didn't see them when they first went in.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I didn't think probies got invited to out of work stuff..
    Not only are you invited, you are EXPECTED. And you can use this as a chance to shine. Be the guy who brings the beers and water to softball games (typically the job of the junior man). Go to the guys nights out and have a few drinks. Bring your family to the picnic. Go to a few of the outings that always seem to be going on if a few of the guys from your house are going. The guys will appreciate that you're taking an interest in the house and your company. It's the very first thing you can do out of proby school to give yourself a good reputation, and your reputation is HUGE on this job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    When did they get those letters? We are in the same range on the list and I haven't heard of any of my contacts getting the letter yet. Hopefully they get them in the next couple days.
    Not sure...the person who got it was on vacation and just got back...sometime this past week was when he got it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You will have to sit down with your wife and discuss it. I will tell you that there are a lot of guys in the trades who do side work that are always looking for guys, but this is something you should only do after your probation is over. In the end, you have to decided how much you want it, and your wife will have to decide how much she can put up with. This usually only comes once; take it if it's really what you want. In a few years the money thing will ease up, but I won't lie and tell you it won't be hard until then. Good luck.
    Thanks for the advice. This would be my last shot due to age. Something on the side would have to be a definite for the first few years. Just have to struggle and get through probation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I'm very low 300's, and my references received their letters last week and already sent them in. I've only done the Psych and CPAT, and manyjay is the only other person I have heard saying their refs received their letters. This leads me to believe there is no rhyme or reason as to when those are sent out.

Thread Information