Like Tree9944Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I hope this helps anyone who is at about my running times for 2.5 miles which was at a 8min pace(2.5 miles in 20 min)

For workouts 1-15 reference to page 580 http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121...0/#post1374062 (FDNY Exam 2000)
    For workouts 16-31 reference to page 615 http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121...5/#post1377307 (FDNY Exam 2000)
    (32) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout
    (33) 3-1600m(1mile) 6:40min w/ 3:30 rest
    (34) Played soccer the night before so didn't run in the morning
    (35) 1200m warm-up
    (REPEAT 6 TIMES) no clock; spirit 200m, walk 100m, spirit 100m, walk 100m
    1200m cool down
    (36) No run warm up. Feel free to run a warm up
    (37) 3 miles in 20:48(6:56mile pace) I did it a lil faster today 20:41
    (38) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout
    (39) 800m warm up
    8-400m at 1:25 with 2min rest
    800m cool down
    (40) 800m warm up
    8-400m at 1:30 with 2min rest
    800m cool down
    (41) 6 miles of biking
    1 mile at comfortable pace before upper-body workout
    (42) 3-1600m 7min w/ 3:30 rest

Went back to previous exercises for this week. Will be adding distance in the upcoming weeks. "cardio days" will be 5 or 6 mile workouts
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    What is the point of the FDNY's recruitment # 718-999-fdny? Everytime I call this number to get an update on the status of exam exam 2000 and where they are in terms of reaching my list number, they always say "I don't know".. and any other question I ask they never know.. wtf is the point of this number is everytime I call they can never answer any questions, and I'm left still not knowing anything? the test is given every 4-5 years, so what is the purpose of this recruitment number lol
    Recruitment does not actually exist to help you. Recruitment is about appearing to make an effort at minority outreach while the chosen few in that unit receive unlimited overtime. If you are informed enough and care enough to come here then they are useless to you.

Forum Member

IS jumping rope considerably hard enough to be effective? I was ordering one for my grandmother lol cause she wanted one and was wondering if Its a legitimate exercise. I know boxers do it but was wondering if it will do much for cardio conditioning or is the primary benefit for boxers the foot work coordination. ? Thanks.

Maybe we can start a double dutch team if I get good enough lol.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    IS jumping rope considerably hard enough to be effective? I was ordering one for my grandmother lol cause she wanted one and was wondering if Its a legitimate exercise. I know boxers do it but was wondering if it will do much for cardio conditioning or is the primary benefit for boxers the foot work coordination. ? Thanks.

Almost always did that as a warm up at my crossfit gym. It shouldn't be the only thing you do but it's no BS.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post

Double Dutch could be a good team building excersize at the academy

I'm not smooth enough to jump rope.. I have cinder blocks for feet.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Peter Schiff is interviewing Frank Ricci (from the New Heaven case) right now

http://schiffradio.com/f/live
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Peter Schiff is interviewing Frank Ricci (from the New Heaven case) right now

http://schiffradio.com/f/live
    The man spoke the truth

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    The man spoke the truth
    I missed it. What did he say?

Forum Member

680's list number received med letter yesterday for September 4
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Recruitment does not actually exist to help you. Recruitment is about appearing to make an effort at minority outreach while the chosen few in that unit receive unlimited overtime. If you are informed enough and care enough to come here then they are useless to you.
    all jokes aside, im thinking of calling up and claiming to be a black guy, then i'll see how fast they help me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    I missed it. What did he say?
    Basically just talked about how disparate treatment isn't a type of remedy but rather a clear form of discrimination.

Forum Member

Anybody hear any more info on background packets????

Forum Member

Anybody hear any more info on background packets????

dude im right there with you. refreshing the page every 10 seconds and checking the mailbox for my packet haha. what were the rumors again for the packets?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    dude im right there with you. refreshing the page every 10 seconds and checking the mailbox for my packet haha. what were the rumors again for the packets?
    Vaguely remember something about late August/September and reaching around 1100.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    The newest rumor is end of September but only up to around 1100. Watch me just miss out because of my social security number. Who do I gotta complain to around here to get a new social security number.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    The newest rumor is end of September but only up to around 1100. Watch me just miss out because of my social security number. Who do I gotta complain to around here to get a new social security number.
    Me and you both amigo - I'm btw 1100 and 1150. If I find out I missed out by that many #s......I'm most likely going to wait longer.

Forum Member

A little help here, guys: Any idea of what to eat for dinner for the night prior to the medical? And does anyone know if they will do bloodwork and don't want us to eat prior?

Forum Member

A little help here, guys: Any idea of what to eat for dinner for the night prior to the medical? And does anyone know if they will do bloodwork and don't want us to eat prior?
    I barely ate anything the night before, but that was mostly nerves and not on purpose. I had maybe 5oz of grilled chicken and 1 cup of broccoli. The day of I wouldn't eat too much if you don't have to, they do bloodwork so I'd keep that in mind but you don't have to fast if you don't want to.

Forum Member

I just remember when I went wayyyy back in the day, they mentioned not eating poppy seeded bagels for drug testing purposes. They ask you to list all the foods you've eaten in the previous 24 hour window as well as any supplements you might be on. They do bloodwork, but they don't expect you to starve yourself. I would just use common sense in regards to the night before.

Forum Member

I just remember when I went wayyyy back in the day, they mentioned not eating poppy seeded bagels for drug testing purposes. They ask you to list all the foods you've eaten in the previous 24 hour window as well as any supplements you might be on. They do bloodwork, but they don't expect you to starve yourself. I would just use common sense in regards to the night before.
    all the same this time around

Forum Member

Don't eat anything with high sugar content, especially in the morning. Happened to me, I ate something sweet in the morning for breakfast, shot my glucose level up, had to get another blood work from my doctor with a note. I checked out, but just a hassle.

Forum Member

And no Quinine Water (Tonic Water) before medical either, as it will give a false positive on drug test. So no Gin and Tonics a night or two before the medical, lol!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quick question for anyone OTJ...I keep hearing people in the academy going out on medical leave due to injuries and whatnot, and that they will most likely recycle. My question is: what is their status while out on medical leave from the academy? Are they still employed by FDNY and are they still on the payroll and remain in the pension system? My thought on this is I'm trying to get into the best shape of my life so that I can get through the academy and be a successful firefighter once I am out in the field, but of course s**t still happens. People in the best of shape can get injured. And I was just wondering lately what would happen if I were to get injured and have to go on medical leave with the plan of recycling into the following class? Would I be out of a job and income for 6 months? Obviously, that could be a major problem with bills to pay and a family to support. So I think it's a legitimate concern and I just thought I would get some insight on that. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    Quick question for anyone OTJ...I keep hearing people in the academy going out on medical leave due to injuries and whatnot, and that they will most likely recycle. My question is: what is their status while out on medical leave from the academy? Are they still employed by FDNY and are they still on the payroll and remain in the pension system? My thought on this is I'm trying to get into the best shape of my life so that I can get through the academy and be a successful firefighter once I am out in the field, but of course s**t still happens. People in the best of shape can get injured. And I was just wondering lately what would happen if I were to get injured and have to go on medical leave with the plan of recycling into the following class? Would I be out of a job and income for 6 months? Obviously, that could be a major problem with bills to pay and a family to support. So I think it's a legitimate concern and I just thought I would get some insight on that. Thanks.
    Im not sure, but in corrections (city job, so maybe the same policy) im pretty sure of you go out on medical leave for an on the job or OFF the job injury, you still collect a paycheck, BUT, you will get placed on chronic leave status upon your return.. So in corrections, chronic sick status means you'll never get a steady tour, never get a steady assignment, never be approved to do mutual or have time off, and will be required to report to the city doctor everytime calling out.

FDNY im guessing would be similar? I don't know how bad chronic leave is for a fire fighter, but for corrections its a b*tch because the perks about the job that work for me would be taken away.

Forum Member

Me and you both amigo - I'm btw 1100 and 1150. If I find out I missed out by that many #s......I'm most likely going to wait longer.

me too, im in the same range. It ****es me off that they didnt go to decimals and they broke ties using social security. I definitely would have been down for some rock paper scissors or something; I really got a technique down, I'm unbeatable in that! lol

All seriousness though I can see them giving packets out to all the 102 scores. 1100 is just short of all the 102's and its not like they would be giving out an outrageous amount of packets by doing so. If its 200 spots for OC in January would need a 1:5 ratio and 250 spots for OC guys would be just a 1:4 ratio in order to reach 1000 guys (which would be near 1100 since they went through about 100 OC guys for this July class). both 200 and 250 have been numbers thrown out there about this January class and they always process more guys then needed just in case.

Thread Information