Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 531 of 1020 FirstFirst ... 31431481521528529530531532533534541581631 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 20382
Like Tree7738Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I third that !!!!! I'm dying to know as well
    Btw .. I still go hard on myself for being an idiot on that test !!! I know I would've gotten a Better score on that test. Now I just have to wait and see how many ppl ahead of me really want this job!!!! Hang in there bro !!!
    Yeah I reflect about the way I answered the personality questions and think to myself what a pussy I was being. I should have known their would be no disqualifiers but I was looking too much into it.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

There was definitely right and wrong answers to the personality questions. You could see them if you went to the session to dispute questions.
    vekdoggs75 and Dannypanigale like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    I wouldnt worry about that. There have been plenty of people that failed psychs for one dept and then get hired by another. Each dept does their own psych evaulation.

Of course you'd rather be FDNY. NYPD is the job you take when you can't get on FDNY
    Actually, most go NYPD first and either dont get hired or they get hired, dont like it and transfer. For some reason, everybody wants/wanted to be a cop. That job gives u more power and makes for great movies.

As for the pysch, its simply the same questions over and over again but simply arranged differently. Unless u have some sort of stress disorder from a past traumatic experience (such as child abuse or war), theres really no way to fail it unless youre REALLY psycho. Like Blazingorilla.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 05-21-2013 at 02:42 AM.
    River6019 likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Some people go crazy from simply sitting there for hours answering the same 1200 questions. I almost did lol.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    There was definitely right and wrong answers to the personality questions. You could see them if you went to the session to dispute questions.
    Yeah that protest session was easily the most tense room I've ever been in. You can see guys walking out with furious/depressed expressions on their face.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Yeah that protest session was easily the most tense room I've ever been in. You can see guys walking out with furious/depressed expressions on their face.
    Agreed, I was frantically writing essays on every personality question i didn't get full credit for while trying the commit to memory the exact number I got wrong so I could crunch the percentages later haha. It was almost more stressful than the actual test, and a few people stormed out for sure.
    vekdoggs75 and Dannypanigale like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Agreed, I was frantically writing essays on every personality question i didn't get full credit for while trying the commit to memory the exact number I got wrong so I could crunch the percentages later haha. It was almost more stressful than the actual test, and a few people stormed out for sure.
    EXACTLY what I did
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

The review session was easily more nerve racking than the actual exam lol. When I made it through the video section with 0 wrong I started to feel better lol.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Anyone else like that question "how many times in the last month have you complemented a sales associate for their service to you that was above and beyond your expectations"? (or something like that)

And then the fact that it had a "right" answer: 6.
    Hahaha.

Forum Member

Yea I went to that and protested every partial credit I got on the personality section. I was literally the last person to leave lol. My question is, weren't we all entitled to know the outcome of our protests? Whether they were upheld or over turned and why/why not??? I never heard anything so I called FDNY and PSI months ago and was told by FDNY to call PSI. PSI then told me that we would be contacted some time in the future, but that never happened. Anyone else have any info on this? Thx

Hey guys,

So I just heard from my source (very reliable) that july 29th is still on schedule. However if they decide to push it back it will only be 2 weeks. On another note. Just talked to my investigator and he told me that I am qualified for employment by the city and that if I am appointed be ready to run the 1.5 mile in the first week of july. He wouldn't give me anymore info than that. So basically I Have to pass the run and I'm In. To all of you other guys that are in the running. GOOD LUCK and KEEP TRAINING HARD. Thats what Im doing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    Yea I went to that and protested every partial credit I got on the personality section. I was literally the last person to leave lol. My question is, weren't we all entitled to know the outcome of our protests? Whether they were upheld or over turned and why/why not??? I never heard anything so I called FDNY and PSI months ago and was told by FDNY to call PSI. PSI then told me that we would be contacted some time in the future, but that never happened. Anyone else have any info on this? Thx
    The way I remember it is since PSI is an outside contractor they don't have to share any info with us at all. Pretty fishy I know, that's the way Garaufis wanted it. Almost no visibility into their "super progressive" new test. In which inputting our race was mandatory mind you haha. So friggin crazy.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYGUY28 View Post
    Hey guys,

So I just heard from my source (very reliable) that july 29th is still on schedule. However if they decide to push it back it will only be 2 weeks. On another note. Just talked to my investigator and he told me that I am qualified for employment by the city and that if I am appointed be ready to run the 1.5 mile in the first week of july. He wouldn't give me anymore info than that. So basically I Have to pass the run and I'm In. To all of you other guys that are in the running. GOOD LUCK and KEEP TRAINING HARD. Thats what Im doing.
    Congrats man! I hope I'm only 5 months behind you!
    vekdoggs75 and TomFromQueens like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Hey guys,

What is your list number range?

Forum Member

Hey guys,

I sent you a pm

Forum Member

Hey guys,

Any word on a lot of guys failing and them needing more guys to get the full class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Any word on a lot of guys failing and them needing more guys to get the full class?
    Or does the fact that the class is still scheduled for July 29th cancel any of those rumors that a lot of guys are failing and they are going to call more OC guys?

Forum Member

Congrats man! I hope I'm only 5 months behind you!
    Same here, I really want that January class. As ridiculous as it sounds if I get into the January class I'll get in department before 30. If I don't get into January class and I go into the class after that and won't graduate till after I hit my 30th birthday. I want to be able to say I found my career before I hit 30 lol.
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Double post
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Anyone else like that question "how many times in the last month have you complemented a sales associate for their service to you that was above and beyond your expectations"? (or something like that)

And then the fact that it had a "right" answer: 6.
    Hahaha.
    It's funny and not funny. Does the bodega count? because between always working and not being rich, I haven't bought something from a sales associate 6 times in the last month. I have been to chipolte for lunch twice on my lunch break, that was me spoiling myself lol.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information