Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 533 of 1160 FirstFirst ... 334334835235305315325335345355365435836331033 ... LastLast
Results 10,641 to 10,660 of 23182
Like Tree9082Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTRBG View Post
    gotcha, headed to the gym right now actually lol... really appreciate the help man... good luck with the rest of the process !
    Thanks man, appreciate it. You too.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    It's amazing to me how many people aren't prepared for the stairs. For all I know I can fail the stairs as well but I'm on there with a 55 LBS vest, just upped it to 60 LBS a few days ago 3-4 days a week for 15-20 minutes. It just seems like a lot of guys are going into this that haven't even bothered working out on the stairs, vest or no vest.
    Dude I'm happy this is happening. I pray that the people who want it get it period end of story. I'm also glad to see that your doing 60 lbs for 15-20 mins man that's impressive . But have you ever checked your heart rate with just 50 lbs on?
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Hey guys does anybody here work for a big company? Like fortune 500? My supervisor got the employment verification form today and told me that he couldn't fill it out because it has to go through a system they use to verify employment and he is not allowed to verify it himself. Has anyone else had any issues with this?

Forum Member

I had the same problem. Mine got sent to the HR department , who would only verify that yes I was an employee

Forum Member

Thanks man. Did DCAS send it directly to HR or did your supervisor send it in for you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stang0480 View Post
    As far as guys dropping like flies on the stairs, that's music to my ears as I'm sitting in the high 7,000's! Just gotta be patient and keep prepping. On another note. Went to my brother's house last Wed night to ride for a few hours and one of the guys on his engine is a mentor to a ph guy. Said the guy has zero interest in the job and is just gonna take the $. Guy's 39 years old. It was also nice to hear every guy in the house thinks this whole thing is bs and don't support any of it... Guy's going threw the process right now, thanks for all the info and keeping the rest of us up to date with everything. Much appreciated.
    Lets think about this. This so called PH has zero interest in the job and is just going to take the money, etc.

So, this PH has physically prepared himself to pass the medical and the CPAT, but he doesn't have any interest in the job. This PH has a mentor, but he is not interested in the job. This PH is actually going through the whole hiring process, but he is not interested in the job and he is only going to take the money. Is anyone reading between the lines. LOL Imagine a PH or any candidate telling a mentor that he has no interest in the job and that he is only going to take the money, etc. LOL REALLY!!!!!

Also, you guys are aware that the PH's are not the only candidates going through the hiring process. It is possible that some of the OC guys are the ones failing the physical, medical, etc. Don't mean to bust you guys bubbles, but stop it about the PH's failing, etc. LOL
    Last edited by almostthere; 05-21-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Lets think about this. This so called PH has zero interest in the job and is just going to take the money, etc.

So, this PH has physically prepared himself to pass the medical and the CPAT, but he doesn't have any interest in the job. This PH has a mentor, but he is not interested in the job. This PH is actually going through the whole hiring process, but he is not interested in the job and he is only going to take the money. Is anyone reading between the lines. LOL Imagine a PH or any candidate telling a mentor that he has no interest in the job and that he is only going to take the money, etc. LOL REALLY!!!!!

Also, you guys are aware that the PH's are not the only candidates going through the hiring process. It is possible that some of the OC guys are the ones failing the physical, medical, etc. Don't mean to bust you guys bubbles, but stop it about the PH's failing, etc. LOL
    I forgot its totally impossible for a 39 year old to fail.....the same guy who obviously didn't make it the first time. In all seriousness I don't give a **** who's failing, as it actually helps me. Still though, don't be surprised when alot of phs take the money and run.

Forum Member

Almostthere, can you clear it up once and for all. Can priority hires turn down the job offer and just accept the cash (without having to enter the academy) or do you have to complete the academy in order to receive the money. I know I asked you this before but your answer wasn't that clear and other people came in with opposing answers.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Almostthere, can you clear it up once and for all. Can priority hires turn down the job offer and just accept the cash (without having to enter the academy) or do you have to complete the academy in order to receive the money. I know I asked you this before but your answer wasn't that clear and other people came in with opposing answers.
    If we want to only take the cash, we can. Going into the academy is not a pre-requisite to be offered the money.

Forum Member

All of you guys going through the medical exam....any of you have a hearing loss having any problems passing that portion? Can someone please give me some info on this hearing test. Who administers it, how long it takes, etc. Of all parts of this whole hiring process that's the only part I'm worried about.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    All of you guys going through the medical exam....any of you have a hearing loss having any problems passing that portion? Can someone please give me some info on this hearing test. Who administers it, how long it takes, etc. Of all parts of this whole hiring process that's the only part I'm worried about.
    Good question bro.. I have minor hearing loss from being in the army.. Tanks shooting and stuff.. I don't need a hearing aid or anything..

But yeah it is a little concerning now that you bring it up..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    If you have ever taken a DOT test, it's the same exact thing. You sit in a sound proof booth wearing head phones listening to very low sounds, and you hit the button on the joystick when you hear it. They are very low frequency sounds, so you have to have pretty good hearing. You take the hearing test at HQ when you go for your medical, and your results are instant. Good luck!
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 05-21-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    If you have ever taken a DOT test, it's the same exact thing. You sit in a sound proof booth wearing head phones listening to very low sounds, and you hit the button on the joystick when you hear it. They are very low frequency sounds, so you have to have pretty good hearing. You take the hearing test at HQ when you go for your medical, and your results are instant. Good luck!
    That kind of freaks me out..a little nervous. What are the pass/fail parameters?

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    If we want to only take the cash, we can. Going into the academy is not a pre-requisite to be offered the money.
    Skell either way.
    SkylinePCG and BrooklynBorn like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    That kind of freaks me out..a little nervous. What are the pass/fail parameters?
    That, I don't know, maybe you can google it or ask your physician. Maybe you can find a place that does it, and give it a shot just to see how you do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post

Freaks me out to bro. Mine is from being in the marines as well. I feel I can hear just fine, but them stupid tests say different.

Forum Member

A couple of questions. About the 8 minutes and how it's basically the doctors discretion if you pass or fail. My problem is the warm up I keep doubling my resting heart rate when I do it myself since I have a low resting heart rate so I really practice now with the 8 minutes in mind. I can do 8 minutes no problem, no labor breathing, my HR is under my max. But by 8 minutes I'm soaked from sweat. Is that something the doctor looks at in determining how you're doing or is it more or less where you have trouble breathing, HR, getting wobbly while on the stairs ?

Also I see guys talking about broken bones. I broke my hand about 9 years ago, will I have to report that ? It wasn't a bad break I don't have any problems with it at all. Or will I just cause more problems for myself by mentioning this ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

A couple of questions. About the 8 minutes and how it's basically the doctors discretion if you pass or fail. My problem is the warm up I keep doubling my resting heart rate when I do it myself since I have a low resting heart rate so I really practice now with the 8 minutes in mind. I can do 8 minutes no problem, no labor breathing, my HR is under my max. But by 8 minutes I'm soaked from sweat. Is that something the doctor looks at in determining how you're doing or is it more or less where you have trouble breathing, HR, getting wobbly while on the stairs ?

Also I see guys talking about broken bones. I broke my hand about 9 years ago, will I have to report that ? It wasn't a bad break I don't have any problems with it at all. Or will I just cause more problems for myself by mentioning this ?
    mention everything because they will find out on their own and then you get caught for leaving it out. If you have no problems with your hand then all should be fine

Forum Member

Sweating is not a problem. Just look like you are OK when you hop off the machine, and you should have no issue. Drink water, keep hydrated, stretch a little, and you should be fine.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just a heads up to let you know how real this job gets and how fast it gets that way; one of the probies caught a first due job on his first run on his very first tour. He basically had enough time to put his gear on the rig and tell his officer he was ready to ride. Train up accordingly, because this job will try to kill you the very first time you go to do it.

Thread Information