Like Tree9503Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    It's not possible. Maybe he's talking about ems
    that pretty much what i said...but she did show me his post. I hope someone isnt playing a really mean trick on him

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    It can't be that bad if you're posting here at 2330 on a weeknight.
    I'm on the late shift, and just finished studying. Reading is fundamental......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I can say that the academy is grueling, exhausting, and exciting all at the same time.
    Good, it should be.

Maybe someone should tell the proby with the long braided hair I saw running around out there, the male with the hair! Nothing like looking for special treatment on day one! Shame on him for not getting with the program and shame on his squad and company for letting him get away with that!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Good, it should be.

Maybe someone should tell the proby with the long braided hair I saw running around out there, the male with the hair! Nothing like looking for special treatment on day one! Shame on him for not getting with the program and shame on his squad and company for letting him get away with that!
    My understanding of that situation is that he immediately claimed RO and took the necessary steps with EEO. So now the DIs can't bust his balls about it. I understand not wanting to compromise religious beliefs, but I can't help but be disappointed that this dude won't compromise a bit and make the same sacrifice the rest of us made when in the academy. Makes me wonder if he's going to show up to his house with a list of things he can't eat and days of the week he can't work due to RO.

Forum Member

Good, it should be.

long BRAIDED hair? hmm sounds like a PH to me.. They are above the rules, so they don't need to follow the program apparently..

I hope all these PH's fail the academy and/or can't handle the job and quit. They should ALL be ashamed of themselves. To Me, They aren't real fire fighters, and if the day comes that I get on the job I will never feel that these PH's have my back, and i'd never trust them!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    long BRAIDED hair? hmm sounds like a PH to me.. They are above the rules, so they don't need to follow the program apparently..

I hope all these PH's fail the academy and/or can't handle the job and quit. They should ALL be ashamed of themselves. To Me, They aren't real fire fighters, and if the day comes that I get on the job I will never feel that these PH's have my back, and i'd never trust them!
    Who are you to criticize them? You haven't been through the academy yet, and if you make it that far PH candidates will be senior to you.

Forum Member

RO = Religious (what?)?

Pardon the ignorance

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    RO = Religious (what?)?

Pardon the ignorance
    Religious Observation
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    RO = Religious (what?)?

Pardon the ignorance
    Oh! "Observation"

Duh
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone have to get the detailed earning statement recently? Do they take credit cards and do you have to bring paperwork in with you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Religious Observation
    Haha caught it at the same time you posted. I can't edit on this mobile version. Thanks though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    Anyone have to get the detailed earning statement recently? Do they take credit cards and do you have to bring paperwork in with you?
    Bring a check!! No credit cards.

Forum Member

My understanding of that situation is that he immediately claimed RO and took the necessary steps with EEO. So now the DIs can't bust his balls about it. I understand not wanting to compromise religious beliefs, but I can't help but be disappointed that this dude won't compromise a bit and make the same sacrifice the rest of us made when in the academy. Makes me wonder if he's going to show up to his house with a list of things he can't eat and days of the week he can't work due to RO.
    Religious Observation? Does he think he's the 2nd coming of Samson?
    mocon337 and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

what if your religion calls for long hair and you're follicly challenged? SOL?
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    what if your religion calls for long hair and you're follicly challenged? SOL?
    Might have to go the Jason Alexander route. Costanza's got a full mane these days.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Might have to go the Jason Alexander route. Costanza's got a full mane these days.
    Correction. I WAS bald!
    Bellestoria likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I had to look that up. Crazy. He looks 10 years younger than he did in 1990.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Do they take personal checks?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    Do they take personal checks?
    Yes they do

Forum Member

Quick question for Saturday's Psych: suit and tie or business casual?

Forum Member

This the kind of attitude that will hurt this job. Unit cohesion is paramount and there is no room for special treatment. You don't like it? Find another job, one that doesn't work 24/7. I'm Catholic, but I've spent many a Christmas morning and Easter Sunday working at the firehouse. Follow whatever faith you want, hell, roll out a prayer mat and pray to East every day at sunrise, but when a run comes in, do your job. I don't know any Christians who've refused to work Christmas, I don't know any Jews who've refused to work on the sabbath, I don't know any Chinese members who've asked for Chinese New Year off.....ect....ect. There is no room for individualism on a team sport.

Get. With. The. Program.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Quick question for Saturday's Psych: suit and tie or business casual?
    Collared shirt and slacks should suffice, but no one will ever fault you for being over dressed.

Forum Member

This the kind of attitude that will hurt this job. Unit cohesion is paramount and there is no room for special treatment. You don't like it? Find another job, one that doesn't work 24/7. I'm Catholic, but I've spent many a Christmas morning and Easter Sunday working at the firehouse. Follow whatever faith you want, hell, roll out a prayer mat and pray to East every day at sunrise, but when a run comes in, do your job. I don't know any Christians who've refused to work Christmas, I don't know any Jews who've refused to work on the sabbath, I don't know any Chinese members who've asked for Chinese New Year off.....ect....ect. There is no room for individualism on a team sport.

Get. With. The. Program.
    I don't want to get too far ahead of myself here but how does the firehouse respond to vegetarians (I eat fish too)? I know its a tricky situation because meals are important and I don't want it to seem like I'm not trying to be a part of it. I want to know how to handle it correctly if/when the time comes.

I'm talking long term here....If I have to eat some ribs to fit in for a while I'll do what I have to do.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

Get. With. The. Program.
    100% agree, just stating what I'd heard of in regards to that individual.

Forum Member

stairmaster got me along with everyone else there today except 1 person. I should pass it on monday with a little more sleep...someone probably said this but the big African American guy who works there says January class can reach up to list #1200 if I understood him correctly.
    vekdoggs75, River6019 and NycQ83 like this.

Thread Information