Like Tree9833Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

1) Don't read the rant. If you do, don't take it too seriously.

2) For residency, get all the offical documentation together that you can. W2's, tax returns, lease agreements, bank and credit card statements, college billing or college loan repayment statement.

3) How does the NOE read, as far residency requirementsa? When I met my investigator, that's what he asked me for, as it was stated on the NOE. That's what I provided. At last check, all was squared away.

4) Be prepared with more than what's required by NOE. I think you need 3 proofs, but I had more than that available, if asked.

5) I wouldn't worry about being skipped over. You can always call your investigator, if need be, to be sure all is still on track.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I know I know, I have no one to blame but myself for going there lol. What I would give for a drink right now lol.
    if you need to kill time at work try reddit.com

it's pretty much how I spend at least half of my day.
    chadxmerch likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post

DO NOT TRY REDDIT!!!!

Its like the abyss: Man stares into the abyss only to find out there is NOTHING staring back!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    DO NOT TRY REDDIT!!!!

Its like the abyss: Man stares into the abyss only to find out there is NOTHING staring back!
    I prefer to think of it as a black hole. Just when you think you've reached the end you find out you're only at the beginning.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    1) Don't read the rant. If you do, don't take it too seriously.

2) For residency, get all the offical documentation together that you can. W2's, tax returns, lease agreements, bank and credit card statements, college billing or college loan repayment statement.

3) How does the NOE read, as far residency requirementsa? When I met my investigator, that's what he asked me for, as it was stated on the NOE. That's what I provided. At last check, all was squared away.

4) Be prepared with more than what's required by NOE. I think you need 3 proofs, but I had more than that available, if asked.

5) I wouldn't worry about being skipped over. You can always call your investigator, if need be, to be sure all is still on track.
    They asked for 3 proofs, I got all my residency paperwork in order the week the NOE came out. I have 2 seperate credit cards company statements, my cable bills, checking account, and even 30 something of the 52 paystubs from that time period they're looking for. And if I have to pay for copies of older bills like my cellphone and what not I'll do that.

Stay single guys, only reason I moved from the city is because of my girl, shes from LI. Stay single guys, some hand lotion and a box of cleanex, but no I wanted more lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I prefer to think of it as a black hole. Just when you think you've reached the end you find out you're only at the beginning.
    You're right on the black hole part. Gravity is so large you just get sucked right in and don't even know it.

Forum Member

Reddit is awesome and everything. But the comments section comprises of overly liberal, snarky circle jerks every single time.

I say come over to The Otherground. Any MMA fans here might know what it is. If not, then happy hunting
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

They asked for 3 proofs, I got all my residency paperwork in order the week the NOE came out. I have 2 seperate credit cards company statements, my cable bills, checking account, and even 30 something of the 52 paystubs from that time period they're looking for. And if I have to pay for copies of older bills like my cellphone and what not I'll do that.

Stay single guys, only reason I moved from the city is because of my girl, shes from LI. Stay single guys, some hand lotion and a box of cleanex, but no I wanted more lol.
    LOL. WTF. I would add stay single until the academy cause when your *** is coming back from a long day and stuck in that FDR traffic and you realize you have to get up early the next morning to do it again then you're going to need somebody to make your brown bag, help with laundry, press those uniforms and all the other stuff you got to do besides studying. Either that or ask mama.

Forum Member

For the credit card statements; Make sure you have the full 12 months printed out also. From the year 2010-2011 (I forget what month it starts in so print the whole year just in case)

Cable bills are good. Any other kind of bill is good too. (cell phone im not too sure. con ed is preferable)

Pay stubs, not entirely sure if they take them. I didn't give them in and she didn't mention them. I don't believe it was on the NOE either.

You should look into getting your W2's for 2010-2011. Hopefully you don't have any bad blood with your previous employers. Even if you do, screw it and go get them.

I do recall people posting about bringing in some type of mail that you've gotten in the last 60 days (prior to your investigation), but losing your residency over it? I don't think so. Explain to them your situation. You meet the NOE so I can't see it going wrong.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    For the credit card statements; Make sure you have the full 12 months printed out also. From the year 2010-2011 (I forget what month it starts in so print the whole year just in case)

Cable bills are good. Any other kind of bill is good too. (cell phone im not too sure. con ed is preferable)

Pay stubs, not entirely sure if they take them. I didn't give them in and she didn't mention them. I don't believe it was on the NOE either.

You should look into getting your W2's for 2010-2011. Hopefully you don't have any bad blood with your previous employers. Even if you do, screw it and go get them.

I do recall people posting about bringing in some type of mail that you've gotten in the last 60 days (prior to your investigation), but losing your residency over it? I don't think so. Explain to them your situation. You meet the NOE so I can't see it going wrong.
    I have like 14 months worth of statements for the credit cards, checking, and cable. I wanted to play it safe and add the extra month on each end. And I know they didn't mention paystubs but I can't see them not accepting them. They have my name, addy, ss # and show how much is being taken out for city tax.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Does anyone know if there are a lot of people being removed from the list or reslotted because they can't prove residency? I know of a few guys that claimed the 5 points without ever living in the city. I imagine there are quite a few like this..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are a lot of people being removed from the list or reslotted because they can't prove residency? I know of a few guys that claimed the 5 points without ever living in the city. I imagine there are quite a few like this..
    I don't anyone personally, but I would assume there's a # of people who do try for it. I would also assume people checked off legacy points because they were confused on that definition.

Forum Member

IMGUR FO LYFE!

Its all the reddit pics without all that annoying reading haha.
    HopefulFF likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

The bottom of the NOE states that the FDNY reserves the right to accept other documents not included in the list. I'm assuming a lease would fit under this category. I'm sure various other documents fit the bill as well. My plan is to get as much as I can and cross my fingers. I think those who really lived in the city will get the points and those who are lying will get weeded out.

Forum Member

I need some reassurance. Im on the open competitive list with a score of 99. My list number is in the high 4600's. What the chances of me getting called? If so, what class do you think I would be in?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    I need some reassurance. Im on the open competitive list with a score of 99. My list number is in the high 4600's. What the chances of me getting called? If so, what class do you think I would be in?
    Look back on the old posts, someone said the last class could be July 2016. Not sure, but that's what they claimed.

Forum Member

Thats most likely the class I would be in if they ever reach my number.

Forum Member

What number on the open competitive list are they at right now?

Forum Member

What number on the open competitive list are they at right now?
    There basically at list number 100 on the OC list. I say you could be looking at 2 years for your number, could be a little before or a little longer. Tough to say.

Forum Member

Look back on the old posts, someone said the last class could be July 2016. Not sure, but that's what they claimed.
    4 years would be 2017... They initially anticipate scores of 97 being reached.. I'm sure you'll be called. 600 per year and a ratio of 1:4 for 4 years... You could probably be called in the next year or two... All a guessing game at this point though.

Forum Member

When do you have to provide proof of residency, for the credit?

Forum Member

When do you have to provide proof of residency, for the credit?
    If I were you, now! Cause if guys are scamming on this residency thing, then I'll assume that they will immediately go to the next guy who has his stuff together.

Forum Member

How would I do it now? Dont I have to be called and be in touch with the investigator?

Forum Member

How would I do it now? Dont I have to be called and be in touch with the investigator?
    True, that is a little drastic. So as soon as you receive your CI packet, read the NOE and follow it to the letter and then once you find out who your investigator is, follow up with her.

Forum Member

True, that is a little drastic. So as soon as you receive your CI packet, read the NOE and follow it to the letter and then once you find out who your investigator is, follow up with her.
    Or him. They're male investigators, too.

Thread Information