Like Tree9532Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    really? well they taught us at the corrections academy to ALWAYS have each others backs out there, they tell us at roll call everyday its us as a team out there, and the inmates.. easy concept right? well the people at my job who go along with this in the academy, don't have your back when it comes to inmates (shockingly), and these are the same type of people that are PH's that wont have your back in a dangerous situation.

You see how fast people turn or freeze up when they don't have the heart to jump into danger with you.

There's people on my job I can't stand and would love to see them get their *** kicked by an inmate the way they act, but I understand they are on my team, and I would always 100% of the time back them up and take a beating with them, then turn my back in a situation. Well people who are on this job as a PH, they don't seem to have that type of heart, if that's how they got on the job!

I would never take a job from someone else, or take something im not entitled to. If I scored high on the list and someone flat out told me your not being hired cause your this race, yeah i'd fight for it, but if I didn't score well enough on the test to be hired in the 1st place, i'd gracefully accept that its not gonna happen for me, rather then accept a job on a false accusation.

Somebody that was handpicked for this job because of their race, is different in my opinion, than somebody that wanted the job, worked hard for it, earned it, and is here for the right reasons! I wanted to be a firefighter so badly back then, and when I didn't score well enough on the test, I accepted the fact that its done and maybe in the distant future the next go around, I'd have a shot again.. so rather than sit and b*tch about it I went out and pursued other opportunities to make a living.

And yeah keep believing that everyone have each others backs in the academy, just wait and see when your actually on the job, and facing a dangerous situation, if someone with little heart, will truly have your back.
    See, I'm not here to argue the whole PH thing, cause its been beaten like a dead horse. I also think comparing your current job to FDNY is not the way to go. I have EMTs, PHs, and OC guys in my squad. The way these trainers are going about it is we are all a team. If you get on, and a PH is in your house, go complain to your officer about not trusting him. He will probably be not to fond of your complaint. If he sends you in the fire with anyone, I would think he can trust the men and woman will try their hardest to get the job done. You don't have to like the situation, but my early training in the academy is that we are all brothers, when the fire starts, we are a team. Don't worry, the DIs, and instructors are eliminating all the people you are referring to. They can tell who is just there for the wrong reasons, I see how they ride them, most if not all are gone now.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 08-23-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    FDsouthbxNY and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    See, I'm not here to argue the whole PH thing, cause its been beaten like a dead horse. I also think comparing your current job to FDNY is not the way to go. I have EMTs, PHs, and OC guys in my squad. The way these trainers are going about it is we are all a team. If you get on, and a PH is in your house, go complain to your officer about not trusting him. He will probably be not to fond of your complaint. If he sends you in the fire with anyone, I would think he can trust the men and woman will try their hardest to get the job done. You don't have to like the situation, but my early training in the academy is that we are all brothers, when the fire starts, we are a team. Don't worry, the DIs, and instructors are eliminating all the people you are referring to. They can tell who is just there for the wrong reasons, I see how they ride them, most if not all are gone now.
    so in your opinion, out of all the people who resigned, how many do you think would be recycling to the next class? I ask because Im a believer that alot of the guys who resigned so far this early no, did so because the job wasnt for them or they were in it for the right reasons.

Forum Member

Definitely going to The Rock for training next week. Should be interesting at this rate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    so in your opinion, out of all the people who resigned, how many do you think would be recycling to the next class? I ask because Im a believer that alot of the guys who resigned so far this early no, did so because the job wasnt for them or they were in it for the right reasons.
    My guess, maybe 15-20. That's just my guess, a lot of those EMS if not all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Definitely going to The Rock for training next week. Should be interesting at this rate.
    There was a lot of training going on this week.

Forum Member

Forum Member

There's training every day man. Myself (and many other probies) have to go receive training that our companies already got. I imagine you may get it as part of your academy.

Forum Member

There's training every day man. Myself (and many other probies) have to go receive training that our companies already got. I imagine you may get it as part of your academy.

These double posts are really annoying.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 08-23-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Forum Member

I'm sure you will get a kick out of us at PT. LOL
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 08-23-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    stairmaster got me along with everyone else there today except 1 person. I should pass it on monday with a little more sleep...someone probably said this but the big African American guy who works there says January class can reach up to list #1200 if I understood him correctly.

Reach up to list number 1200 as far as getting into the academy or receiving packets?
    FDNY Exam 2000

List #: 15XX

Intake: completed 2/14
    Medical: 3/14
    CPAT: 3/14
    Psych: 4/14
    Run: ?hopefully soon?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prosc15 View Post
    Reach up to list number 1200 as far as getting into the academy or receiving packets?
    my guess would be packets, but the rumor says up to 1200 on OC list

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    my guess would be packets, but the rumor says up to 1200 on OC list

I would love to see that happen as I'm sure the majority of the people on here agree, however, is it too far fetched to think that many names could get called to fill one class?
    FDNY Exam 2000

List #: 15XX

Intake: completed 2/14
    Medical: 3/14
    CPAT: 3/14
    Psych: 4/14
    Run: ?hopefully soon?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prosc15 View Post
    I would love to see that happen as I'm sure the majority of the people on here agree, however, is it too far fetched to think that many names could get called to fill one class?
    I know no one really knows and all you can do is crunch numbers based on what could or might happen but yes I believe that this could happen and its not that far fetched. Its likely that there will be a ratio of 1:4 (meaning to get one guy in the class they will go through 4 guys). That ratio could wind up being 1:3 or even 1:5, both have happened in the past and no one knows..So, if the numbers of OC guys (200-250--again rumors) in the next class are near what have been rumored then it is not far fetched at all for them to need anywhere from 600-1200 guys for this next class. Dont forget also that they already are past 100 on the OC list (even though some of those guys may be back from overseas and in the next class). With that said though, hypothetically, they could get up to list number 1350.

Again, this is all rumors,possibilities and wishful thinking, but all im saying is its not out of the question, nor is it far fetched. If your anywhere under 1500 assume your in the next class, but dont be disappointed if your not. I say this because if something crazy happens with the ratios or amount of EMS and PH in this next class and you assumed you had no shot, then you may not be ready. Be ready for anything cause you would hate to get the call and be like oh ***** I thought I had no shot for this class and Im not ready.
    Last edited by NycQ83; 08-24-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

Just got back from the Psych exam.

They do ask for your previous employment and schooling again so keep that fresh in your mind.

I was speaking to one of my buddies who's list number is around 480. He told me that mail had been sent to two of his previous employers. He's going to get back to me on what the mail exactly entailed but I'm sure something similar to the reference sheets. Has anyone else's employers been contacted? I know mine have not been. If they don't hear from our previous employers at all do you think there will be any repercussions?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Just got back from the Psych exam.

They do ask for your previous employment and schooling again so keep that fresh in your mind.

I was speaking to one of my buddies who's list number is around 480. He told me that mail had been sent to two of his previous employers. He's going to get back to me on what the mail exactly entailed but I'm sure something similar to the reference sheets. Has anyone else's employers been contacted? I know mine have not been. If they don't hear from our previous employers at all do you think there will be any repercussions?
    Two previous, except for a couple of jobs I had for two-three weeks 9 years, every single job I've had has gone out of business after I left lol. Well not immediately, it's not like I was trying to bring these company's down from the inside and succeeded lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Just wondering where this idea that PHs could recycle came from? From my understanding the last word from the PHs that were posting on this forum was that they get one shot at the academy unless of a serious medical issue. I'm pretty sure you can't drop out of this class because of a sprained ankle or because you can't hack it and get another shot as a PH.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the last word we heard of it, from the actual PHs themselves? I don't think we should all start freaking out about 50 PH recycle's in the next class till there's some evidence of it happening.

there are PH that are getting recycled for the next class, thats is a fact

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    there are PH that are getting recycled for the next class, thats is a fact
    Because of an injury, correct?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Because of an injury, correct?

if you want to call it that then yea. some are legit, the others just have sand in their clit
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

I got a stupid question for guys that have already taken the medical. For the medical stair master, are there any "rules" similar to the CPAT stair test? Or is it COMPLETELY different? For instance:

*On the CPAT, there is no break between the warm up period and the actual "timed test" period. But the medical consist of a short break between the two (Since the medical warm up is much longer than the 20 second CPAT warm up)

*On the CPAT, the weight consist of 75lbs; but the medical, only 50lbs

*and finally, at CPAT....you are NOT allowed to grab the railing AT ALL

...so my stupid question is, since the rules above appear to be quite different, and since the medical stair master is ONLY meant to determine "cardiac" fitness, while the CPAT was for cardiac AND overall physical fitness and ability (thus the extra 25lbs), are we then allowed to handle the railing at the medical lol? I'm Just curious (and would obviously love to grab the railing). I'm assuming so, since i never heard of anyone failing the medical for grabbing the railing, but for only cardiac reasons and/or simply not being able to last 8 minutes.

P.S: Don't laugh. Im old (32)
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

I mean, how could you NOT last 8 minutes if you can actually hold onto the railing?
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    I mean, how could you NOT last 8 minutes if you can actually hold onto the railing?
    U can only use the railing for leverage/balance if u r falling off. But, they won't allow u to take advantage of it or u will be DQ. OKAY, peace guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    U can only use the railing for leverage/balance if u r falling off. But, they won't allow u to take advantage of it or u will be DQ. OKAY, peace guys.
    u talkin medical right? Not Cpat? And what happened to you?
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Yes, you can't hold on like someone said, kust regain balance. Also, the steps are small, so if you have big feet, it will get a little sketchy sometimes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    You Havent posted since like July 4th.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    u talkin medical right? Not Cpat? And what happened to you?
    Both, you cannot hold on on either tests.

Thread Information