Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 538 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 384384885285355365375385395405415485886381038 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,760 of 22881
Like Tree8993Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BraveDynasty View Post
    Does anyone know when they'll reach the 6xxx range on the OC list? I'm trying to see when I should push harder on my cardio workouts. Right now I'm mostly doing strength training for my workouts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stang0480 View Post
    Delete your post before to many people see it. You never wanna give out your exact list # incase you say something on here that people may try to use against you. Just put 6xxx in as your list # under your signature settings. Just trying to look out.
    Thanks, appreciate it!
    Test: 2000
    Score: 97
    List: 6xxx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire ant View Post
    Or on Staten Island!!
    How about Astoria? Anyone training in the area?
    River6019 likes this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

I have heard about 3 years for the 6xxx,s Hopefully sooner but I will be happy to get called.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Just got out of the most boring, 6 hour, meeting of my life. At the corner of the building was a probie being instructed on how to put a hose on a fire hydrant. Lucky SOB
    HOLD ON.

A probie, who just got out of the fire academy, didn't know how to connect to the hydrant?

MM could you elaborate on your training.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    HOLD ON.

A probie, who just got out of the fire academy, didn't know how to connect to the hydrant?

They were probably training, i would think training doesn't stop at the academy.

HOLD ON.

Hold on? Lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    They were probably training, i would think training doesn't stop at the academy.
    Training never stops, but I would think he/she should be proficient at that by the end of the academy.

I also know there's usually an academy way and the way its done on the streets, maybe that's what they were teaching the probie.
    Last edited by GIMMEFIRE600; 05-22-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Take the bus over the bridge and I will pick you up.
    I agree about the bridge. I work in brooklyn and could probably make some time to stay around and run in a group. It's definitely my weakest link. Need to get that 1.5 mile run down.

Forum Member

I train in prospect park, as I live down the block, almost every morning and I've never once seen a large group of guys training but I'm usually there earlier than 1.

I also do Astoria sometimes before work.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Take the bus over the bridge and I will pick you up.
    I live in Clinton Hill. I would be down for a brooklyn group run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I train in prospect park, as I live down the block, almost every morning and I've never once seen a large group of guys training but I'm usually there earlier than 1.

I also do Astoria sometimes before work.
    Do you train Saturday afternoon around 1:30-2:00. Hopefully, I can attend this saturday depending on what time my daughter soccer game ends. Usually, it is about 20 plus guys there, and the group more than likey will grow since the weather is getting nice.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I never bitched about PHs and you can check any of my post. I am a minority myself and I am on the OC. The difference between me and you is that I took an exam and did what I had to do to be placed within hiring range. I accept the fact that others worked harder or deserve the job more than I do (EMS, veterans, legacy beneficiaries etc.) and therefore they are ahead of me, and I must wait. I will be in this forum waiting for my turn and my time will come. Unlike myself, you are skipping men who risked their lives for this country, children whose parents died in 9/11, and those that wanted the job more than you and worked harder. You are going to get seniority which our heroes earned putting their lives on the line fighting fires while you were picking your ***. The least you could of done during that time was learn how to spell or how to use proper grammar. You are going to get a payout at the expense of hard working tax paying dollars.

What are you going to tell your kids when they ask, "Daddy, how did you become a Fireman?'' Please explain to me how you are going to sugarcoat it so that they can interpret your reasoning as hard work, perseverance, and dedication instead of lucky shot, second chance, and hand out.

And please do not tell me that you are working hard now for the CPAT, Medical, Academy etc, like almostthere brags about, because in order to get to the next step of the hiring process you had to compete with 40,000 applicants but you didn't.

I won't need to sugarcoat anything - my kids will know how I landed the job of my dreams. You on the other hand will not be able to lead your kids by example. Your are going to have to tell them that luck comes only once in a lifetime and they might not get as lucky as you in life.

Okay, we may bad mouth each other on this forum but please do not involve people family, especially their kids.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    For those who live in Brooklyn, Wingate park has a track were I do sprints and jog at. Great spot for a good workout. Also, within the park is an adult park were you can do pull-ups, sit-ups, dips, etc. Come check it out. Its like an outside gym without the weights.

Forum Member

For all those who have had major surgery like shoulder, knee, back, etc. Make sure you bring the "operative report" for that particular surgery. It will save you a trip back to Metro Tech. Ortho will not see you without it and you will be temporarily placed on reserve medical status till you get it evaluated by the FDNY doctors. BTW out of 18 people this morning, only 4 passed the stair master. The second time around is usually where most people pass it.

Forum Member

OK but I dunno If I can keep up right away lol. Are you guys free on saturdays or sundays? I live in bensonhurt area but would drive down to the park to meet up with you guys. We might as well do push ups etc as well.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-23-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

What days are you free? I don't have a set schedule, so I will be off some weekends and not others.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    First off even if you put walfare in google it going to come up even if i spell it wrong. 2nd while you sit here on the internet looking up words i spell wrong I am out doing what I need to do to get the job. Come July 29th I will be on my way to becoming a fireman and you will still be on this board bitching about the Ph. I wish you all the best in your google search.... Have a nice day.
    Christ Whymetoo! Spell much?

If you do in fact make it to the academy at all, yes, people will be bitching. Because you jumped ahead of every single person that earned that spot you just took. Not because you earned it, but because you were part of some perverse lawsuit that you willingly joined in on when asked and enticed with the blood money of so many that came before.

So yes. Tell your children and your children's children how you applied yourself and how you literally poured blood, sweat and tears into your efforts to achieve a position on this department. (Hint: You didn't. So you can't.)

I have something else for you to Google; it's called "HUMILITY".

Forum Member

HOLD ON.

How are you surprised by this? You cosigned on an exam that does not care how smart your aptitude for mechanics is and your surprised?

Forum Member

All this back and forth **** about ph vs oc hires is retarded u guys gotta stfu already cus there's absolutely nothing u can do about it at this point
    .whats done is done..u guys know who u are..how about u focus on ur game..hit the gym..and take ur anger out on the squat rack/stair master, instead of talking all this wreckless bs and just keep those arguments on another forum and stay off of this one
    marc3071 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    How are you surprised by this? You cosigned on an exam that does not care how smart your aptitude for mechanics is and your surprised?
    These kids were going in before any of us regardless. So wether it was as hard as a BAR exam or this sad excuse for a civil service exam they were STILL be hired before you and me. So your little statement is irrelevant, and you are being a HATER.
    TomFromQueens likes this.

Thread Information