Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 539 of 1020 FirstFirst ... 39439489529536537538539540541542549589639 ... LastLast
Results 10,761 to 10,780 of 20386
Like Tree7739Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #10761
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Hey guys, congradulations to all the my fellow applicants that have passed this test and are on there way to getting the greatest job in the world. My list number is in the 2xxx range, score 100, and I would just like to know if somebody can update me on whats going on with the OC list rite now as far as whats the highest or last list number thats been contacted, it would be much appreciated guys, thanks, be safe.


  2. #10762
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    I'll try this weekend to swing by.

    They sent out packets to 733 on the OC list with about up to 500 scheduled for cpat and 200 for the medical give or take and won't be going much higher than 200 for the July class

  3. #10763
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Hey guys, congradulations to all the my fellow applicants that have passed this test and are on there way to getting the greatest job in the world. My list number is in the 2xxx range, score 100, and I would just like to know if somebody can update me on whats going on with the OC list rite now as far as whats the highest or last list number thats been contacted, it would be much appreciated guys, thanks, be safe.
    Best I can tell as of right now, they have sent medical letters out to list numbers 1-225, give or take ten or so. As far as I know, getting a medical letter is a good indication that you're being looked at for the next academy. But who knows at this point.

    I think they are up to list number 400 or so with psych exams

    I think they went up to list number 500 with cpat

    I think they went up to about list number 700 with investigations

    I could be off though, it's been a while since I've looked at the numbers so if anyone else knows better then
    Me, please chime in.

  4. #10764
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    How about Astoria? Anyone training in the area?
    Hey buddy, I train in Astoria park or run over the bridge to Randall's island three times a week. Lemme know if you're around. I believe there's at least a few other guys around our list numbers who live in Astoria. I think TomfromQueens does at least, I'm sure we could get a solid group.
    List # 12XX

  5. #10765
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    they're in to the 250's on OC for medicals.

  6. #10766
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I'll try this weekend to swing by.

    They sent out packets to 733 on the OC list with about up to 500 scheduled for cpat and 200 for the medical give or take and won't be going much higher than 200 for the July class
    Didn't someone say they got a letter for a medical and they were in the mid 200s?

    Edit: never-mind, as usual HopefulFF is on top of his game and answered my question already haha
    Last edited by NycQ83; 05-23-2013 at 11:06 AM.

  7. #10767
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Thanks alot for the info you and everybody else has posted, its much appreciated. Another question, does the FDNY have a certain order in which these exams are administered, for example psyc, med, cpat etc?

  8. #10768
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Thanks alot for the info you and everybody else has posted, its much appreciated. Another question, does the FDNY have a certain order in which these exams are administered, for example psyc, med, cpat etc?
    It will probably be investigation, cpat training/cpat, psych, medical, run. At least that's how it went for most of us this round.
    I had to delay my psych, so
    I actually did
    That after medical.

  9. #10769
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Who care if it don't go away... I am here and I am not going any where. I don't have to prove any thing to any one on this board... I took the test, pass every thing i need to pass and now waiting for the 1.5 run. ( and yes I am going to pass it). I will prove what I am made of once I get in to the academy. If you want to put your life on the line because someone a ph by all means go right a head. But I tell you this once i am on the job i don't care if a person is a ph, white, black, blue or purple. I will make it my business to protect them. i dont care how they might treat me in the fire house. I was born by my self most likely am going to die by my self. its when i get out on a call that they will have my back. Other then that i don't care how they threat me in the firehouse. What every one fail to realize is that everyone get to a place one way or another, it's when you get there you prove you belong there.
    You couldn't even pass a simple written exam and from the looks of your grammar you're barely literate; what proof do I have that you can do the job when the time comes? Or that you'll even know what to do?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  10. #10770
    Forum Member VanCroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    For those who live in Brooklyn, Wingate park has a track were I do sprints and jog at. Great spot for a good workout. Also, within the park is an adult park were you can do pull-ups, sit-ups, dips, etc. Come check it out. Its like an outside gym without the weights.
    Thank you for letting me know about that track! I've been wanting to find a track in Brooklyn so i can time myself accurately.

  11. #10771
    Forum Member VanCroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I'm off on Mondays and Tuesdays. I won't be able to do any other time during the week.

  12. #10772
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Ohh okay, thanks alot man for the info. Another question, i live in bensonhurst brooklyn, and dont have a car, and was just wondering if you guys think it would be plausable to take public transportation to the Academy, or do you guys think thats definately too out of the wayand im most definately going to need a car? Thanks alot again.

  13. #10773
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Hey buddy, I train in Astoria park or run over the bridge to Randall's island three times a week. Lemme know if you're around. I believe there's at least a few other guys around our list numbers who live in Astoria. I think TomfromQueens does at least, I'm sure we could get a solid group.
    I was in Howard Beach but I'm in Long Beach now. But if you guys get something together on the weekend I could make the drive to Astoria Park. Always wanted to work out there because I imagine running along side the city must be nice. Or if anyone in Southern Queens maybe get something going at Victory Field.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  14. #10774
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Listen guys, I want to end this garbage with the PHs. This is getting out of hand even for me. So here's what I propose: IGNORE THEM. Do not respond to almostthere or this whymetoo clown. They both know they didn't earn their spot, and neither of them will ever admit it and try to move on. You guys who did what you're supposed to do and got on the right way don't need to worry about this. BELIEVE ME, and this goes for you two losers because I know you'll read this, we are waiting for them and they will be dealt with accordingly once they get to a firehouse. Sadly, they WILL get out of the academy, whether they pass it or not. That's just the political climate. And relax; they talk big online here but they're not gonna get away with a damn thing. Neither will they be treated unfairly, harassed or discriminated against, but make no mistake; they may have gotten away with stealing the job, but they're going to do it the same way everyone else does. And if they don't, we'll make sure they pay the price, same as we will anyone else, PH, OC or EMS promo. Your focus is getting on; let us guys OTJ take out trash for now.

    So, ignore them. Don't answer them. Don't offer to train with them. Provide no advice or encouragement. And don't insult them, because they're getting a kick out of it. Simply act as if they don't exist. They're gloating now, but they'll be feeling the pain soon enough. And unlike you guys, they don't have what it takes to deal with it. So leave them be.

  15. #10775
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Ohh okay, thanks alot man for the info. Another question, i live in bensonhurst brooklyn, and dont have a car, and was just wondering if you guys think it would be plausable to take public transportation to the Academy, or do you guys think thats definately too out of the wayand im most definately going to need a car? Thanks alot again.
    I don't know what your list number is or where you will be vehicle wise by then, but public
    Transportation, from
    What others have said, is very tricky to make the academy on time every day. The only exception seems to be guys who live real close to the triboro.

    I'm sure you're not going to be the only guy from the bensonhurst/bay ridge area, so car pooling shouldn't be an issue. I live in bayridge, I have a car, so I am sure I will have a couple of guys to share the commute with. If nothing else, you can always offer to drive and be diligent when it's your time to kick up for gas.

    Conversely, anyone from bayridge/Bensonhurst in the top 250? If so pm me and let's maybe start figuring this out.

  16. #10776
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    These kids were going in before any of us regardless. So wether it was as hard as a BAR exam or this sad excuse for a civil service exam they were STILL be hired before you and me. So your little statement is irrelevant, and you are being a HATER.
    No because this is only the start. But hey having tic tac toe abs really makes one a great firefighter right? It's not like you need water on a fire to put it out, but great fits of strenght and wit? Having someone that can't do that is no big deal right? Or hook a hydrant? They'll figure it out even if someone gets killed, we're good.

  17. #10777
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Thats actually a really great idea! I mean im planning on getting a car by then, but just thinking just in case ya know. Im in the 2xxx range so I know im not gonna be in the nextacademy class. Thats a good idea though, maybe I can find some fellow academy members that will e in my class and just give money for gas, I hope it works out, but congradulations on passing the test man, good luck to you and thanks for your feedback!

  18. #10778
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Thats actually a really great idea! I mean im planning on getting a car by then, but just thinking just in case ya know. Im in the 2xxx range so I know im not gonna be in the nextacademy class. Thats a good idea though, maybe I can find some fellow academy members that will e in my class and just give money for gas, I hope it works out, but congradulations on passing the test man, good luck to you and thanks for your feedback!
    Easy day bro. I wish good luck to you too. But you know what I say about luck? MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK!!!
    Last edited by Ext. 17; 05-23-2013 at 12:14 PM.

  19. #10779
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    No because this is only the start. But hey having tic tac toe abs really makes one a great firefighter right? It's not like you need water on a fire to put it out, but great fits of strenght and wit? Having someone that can't do that is no big deal right? Or hook a hydrant? They'll figure it out even if someone gets killed, we're good.
    Unlike you I took a real test in 08' which i was inches from getting hired as well. you dont even know what taking a real FDNY test so you don't even know if you would have scored well or not. Trust me I don't like what the outcome of this test will be either cause a lot of unqualified people will get hired off it and I don't want to share the same glory as they will. "Tic tac toe abs" yea my physical physique is that good bro and my fitness even better lol.

  20. #10780
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Unlike you I took a real test in 08' which i was inches from getting hired as well. you dont even know what taking a real FDNY test so you don't even know if you would have scored well or not. Trust me I don't like what the outcome of this test will be either cause a lot of unqualified people will get hired off it and I don't want to share the same glory as they will. "Tic tac toe abs" yea my physical physique is that good bro and my fitness even better lol.
    guys we just got past the whole argument with PHs.. please could we not start another one.. PM each other

    Edit: Im not just addressing you jukez, I just happened to use your quote.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 33 users browsing this thread. (9 members and 24 guests)

  1. 40&OUT,
  2. Bee1985,
  3. Britches,
  4. dh18902000,
  5. FDNYProspect,
  6. GIMMEFIRE600,
  7. J0hnnyb0y,
  8. MidazoWHAM!,
  9. MuscleHamster

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts