Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 542 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 424424925325395405415425435445455525926421042 ... LastLast
Results 10,821 to 10,840 of 24116
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    First?
    Yeah, the first off the list that basically all of us are on, FDNY Exam 2000.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Is the FDNY museum open on Memorial Day ? I wanted to go tomorrow but the weather looks like it's going to be a complete washout.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    She's a really nice lady, but very tight lipped, that's how I knew she was your investigator too. I've gotten the same answer every time I've spoken to her. I've never had a problem getting in touch with her when I call between 9-930AM.
    As you guys can see your Investigators are not allowed to give you an update. But, if you listen closely when inquiring about your situation they may be Indirectly telling you something. I kid you not, I was indirectly informed I am good to go. There were certain terms my Investigator used while I was inquiring about my situation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    As you guys can see your Investigators are not allowed to give you an update. But, if you listen closely when inquiring about your situation they may be Indirectly telling you something. I kid you not, I was indirectly informed I am good to go. There were certain terms my Investigator used while I was inquiring about my situation.
    Verbal cues, especially over a phone, can be misleading. Just my experience not specifically with FDNY but just in general. I wouldn't go off them.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

If they say you are a qualified candidate that usually means congrats lol
    IMO from what I've been told .
    Last edited by FDNYGUY28; 05-24-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    Verbal cues, especially over a phone, can be misleading. Just my experience not specifically with FDNY but just in general. I wouldn't go off them.
    Yes, verbal cues can be misleading, but whatever makes me feel better. Donít ruin my optimistic thoughts. LOL
    FDNYGUY28 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info. I left from Fort Hamilton and got all my HOR info saved. So I should be good. I tried to call but didnt get a answer from the FDNY recruitment and DCAS didnt really know the answer. THANKS AGAIN!

Forum Member

Yes, verbal cues can be misleading, but whatever makes me feel better. Donít ruin my optimistic thoughts. LOL
    You a PH man. "You good to go". Not trying to play you in any way if that's what you thinking. The P in "PH" says it all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    You a PH man. "You good to go". Not trying to play you in any way if that's what you thinking. The P in "PH" says it all.
    Jukez, how many pull-ups are you doing now? Have you increased your reps/sets with the last month? I was able to do 23 reps straight and 100 total this morning.
    Last edited by almostthere; 05-24-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
    Thanks for the info. I left from Fort Hamilton and got all my HOR info saved. So I should be good. I tried to call but didnt get a answer from the FDNY recruitment and DCAS didnt really know the answer. THANKS AGAIN!
    Yea, I'm thinking your gonna be ok too. Good luck. Stay safe.

Forum Member

Jukez, how many pull-ups are you doing now? Have you increased your reps/sets with the last month? I was able to do 23 reps straight and 100 total this morning.
    Haven't tried to max out again but last time was 30+. 23 is pretty impressive though man, do a lot of forearm workouts and I'm sure you can bring it up a few more reps. How's your push ups, sit ups and your 1.5 mile?

Forum Member

Haven't tried to max out again but last time was 30+. 23 is pretty impressive though man, do a lot of forearm workouts and I'm sure you can bring it up a few more reps. How's your push ups, sit ups and your 1.5 mile?
    a good way to strengthen ur forearms with pull ups is do them WITHOUT using ur thumbs. Forearms will fail way before any other part of you does. Try it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    a good way to strengthen ur forearms with pull ups is do them WITHOUT using ur thumbs. Forearms will fail way before any other part of you does. Try it.
    Funny you say that, That's actually how I do them lol. For some reason everyone I know finds them "too hard" but I'm so used to doing it like that that when I try using my thumbs I can't get a good rhythm and barely do 20.

Forum Member

Wow, 30 plus, now that is impressive. My push-ups are okay. I pretty much do 50-40-30-30-20-20-20. I stay away from full sit-ups. I play around with crunches and hang on a bar and lift my legs up.

For the guys who want to link up with one another for a work-out, I suggest you guys accommodate each other due too your place of resident. I recommended you guys take turns weekly meeting up at one workout site instead of having just one particular location. For example, maybe one week whoever lives in Crown Heights, you guys can go there to work out. However lives in Manhattan, you guys can go there and workout, etc.
    Last edited by almostthere; 05-24-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Forum Member

Funny you say that, That's actually how I do them lol. For some reason everyone I know finds them "too hard" but I'm so used to doing it like that that when I try using my thumbs I can't get a good rhythm and barely do 20.
    i actually had to do them this this way for sometime because i injured my thumb playing soccer(odd i know) But yeah the forearms went on me pretty early

OAK
    Forum Member

How wide do you do them?i usually stay a little wider than shoulder width apart.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    How wide do you do them?i usually stay a little wider than shoulder width apart.
    They say the wider you do them the better. I guess your wings expands more the wider you position your hands on the bar. I am not a fan of the tricks people do on the bars. All that spinning/flipping on them. I just keep it basic.

Forum Member

They say the wider you do them the better. I guess your wings expands more the wider you position your hands on the bar. I am not a fan of the tricks people do on the bars. All that spinning/flipping on them. I just keep it basic.
    The width and grip you use work your back muscles In different ways. EACH is just as important as the other IMO if you doing it to "shape" your back but since we focusing on maxing out reps I say you do shoulder length as well since is "easier". I do muscle ups when I go to the park just because it works many body parts simultaneously.
    marc3071 likes this.

Forum Member

The width and grip you use work your back muscles In different ways. EACH is just as important as the other IMO if you doing it to "shape" your back but since we focusing on maxing out reps I say you do shoulder length as well since is "easier". I do muscle ups when I go to the park just because it works many body parts simultaneously.
    jukez is 100% correct... and anyone who can do sets of muscles ups is way stronger than me. damn my dude making me feel like i gotta catch up hard #jealous (lol)
    FFwnt2b likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    jukez is 100% correct... and anyone who can do sets of muscles ups is way stronger than me. damn my dude making me feel like i gotta catch up hard #jealous (lol)
    No way man! People have this idea that in order to do muscle up you need strength and its WRONG. I promise that if you get the right technique to get up there once the next 3-4 reps will come easy. Its all momentum after the first one.

Thread Information