Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 545 of 1142 FirstFirst ... 454454955355425435445455465475485555956451045 ... LastLast
Results 10,881 to 10,900 of 22840
Like Tree8974Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I just spoke to my investigator and for military guys if your dd-214 says your home of record is NYC then you are entitled to the residency credit
    Sultan and J0hnnyb0y like this.

Forum Member

thanks for the info! My EAOS is coming UP!

Forum Member

Was just told that there's a handful of PHs who are currently working for FDNY-EMS. Interesting.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Was just told that there's a handful of PHs who are currently working for FDNY-EMS. Interesting.....
    That is interesting - are those guys/gals on the EMS list I wonder???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    That is interesting - are those guys/gals on the EMS list I wonder???
    Could be bro. There was quite a few guys who were in their 30s so the possibility is there.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    What are you getting at ? That there are two spots taken up by one candidate thus actually leaving more spots open for people off the O.C. list ? Or am I missing something ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Military question to anyone who can help...I am in the guard and set to deploy towards the end of this year. I am a bit confused with the vets points. I did receive them because I knew I would deploy before being hired but the NOE states that I must be honorably discharged by the time of appointment. When I return I will still have a while left on my guard contract and hopefully get called late next year with a list number of 17xx. Am I good to go since I will have a DD214 stating I did complete active time and returned to guard status. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    What are you getting at ? That there are two spots taken up by one candidate thus actually leaving more spots open for people off the O.C. list ? Or am I missing something ?
    Well everyone knows that in order to promote yourself from ems to fire you JUST have to pass. the whole argument is that someone who couldn't score high on those test is probably not capable of doing the job. Is it really that bad that these individuals who are EMS already are in a way getting promoted to fire even if is through the lawsuit? I mean you have another few hundreds who are getting promoted in July who scored anywhere from 72 to 80 or something. I'm in no way agreeing with this crap lawsuit but think about it, isn't it saying that those individals from the lawsuit and currently ems unqualified for the job the same as saying those EMS guys who are getting promoted in the July class are also unqualified for it???

That's what happens when you at work bored lol
    Last edited by Jukez; 05-29-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYRanger View Post
    Military question to anyone who can help...I am in the guard and set to deploy towards the end of this year. I am a bit confused with the vets points. I did receive them because I knew I would deploy before being hired but the NOE states that I must be honorably discharged by the time of appointment. When I return I will still have a while left on my guard contract and hopefully get called late next year with a list number of 17xx. Am I good to go since I will have a DD214 stating I did complete active time and returned to guard status. Thanks
    Are you full time guard, or just 1 weekend/ month, two weeks/year?

Forum Member

Part time guard but my deployment will be more than the 180 days needed for the credit

Forum Member

Part time guard but my deployment will be more than the 180 days needed for the credit
    I'm not sure how it works for the credit part, but if you are part time, you need not be released from the guard to join the fdny. I am in the guard and it wasn't an issue when I did my interview. You will get mail, so make sure someone is watching out for that. When a big packet comes from candidate investigation, have whoever is Watching open it and read off the phone number to you, and give them a call, explain your deployed. Or you could call fdny office of recruitment nowand see if there is anything you can do premptively, now before you roll. Hope that helps, come back safe bro.

Forum Member

Did you qualify for the vet points w your guard status

Forum Member

Did you qualify for the vet points w your guard status
    I was active duty Navy for 7 years before I went into the guard. That's what they based my vet points off of. I am not sure how reserve work plays out in regards to veterans credit. You may want to call the recruitment office.
    Last edited by Ext. 17; 05-29-2013 at 09:34 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    I was active duty Navy for 7 years before I went into the guard. That's what they based my vet points off of. I am not sure how reserve work plays out in regards to veterans credit. You may want to call the recruitment office.
    There are certain parameters you have to meet with regard to reserve/guard service that were put in place since 9/11. Used to be nothing but active duty counted, but since reserves/guard have been staying active and deployed past 180 days they had to change it. Go to nyc.gov/fire and look up the NOE for your branch. It'll tell you if your guard service counts. If you deployed to the war in Iraq or Afghanistan, it probably does. But check it.

Forum Member

Slow news week. Anyone hear anything new on medicals?
    vekdoggs75 and NycQ83 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Slow news week. Anyone hear anything new on medicals?
    At this point I would listen to crazy rumors just to kill some time at work.
    vekdoggs75, River6019 and NycQ83 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

OK guys question here about the medical. I am scheduled next week for my first medical date.

on the medical disclosure form it says "For any item to which you have checked "yes", please provide an explanation below, including treatment details. Additional documentation, including diagnostic and surgical reports, and reports of consultations shall be made available for review by the Bureau of Health Services on the date of your scheduled medical evaluation".

So does that mean that they have like a computer database that allows them to instantly look up and find any and all medical documentation for items to which you have selected yes, thus allowing them to retrieve all of my medical records at my appointment? Or does that mean that I am required to bring all medical documentation for items to which I have selected yes to my appointment?

I just wanna know if I need to get the documentation from the doctors that did my Lasik surgery, and wisdom tooth extraction.
    Last edited by infolet333; 05-30-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    lol noooo...its the phys ed head/teacher in me.

Power is the ability to do one movement very quickly. Think of this as something like the javelin throw. Most sports are "power" activities.
    Strength is defined as the ability to move as much weight as possible, once. Speed does not matter. So think more along the lines of chest press 1 rep max.

Let me give an example of how "strength" is over rated. I'm going to assume most of the people on here know who George st pierre is. If not look him up. His walk around weight is around 190. The man struggles to do a single max rep at 225,chest press. Now this is a super elite athlete, who is clearly "stronger" than other people that could out lift him. You have to ask why, and I encourage everyone to look up his workout routine. Not what you might expect.
    He is probably stronger than most with overhead movements. There is no real advantage to benching because you have to no bench in the ring and you need to be able to support yourself. Over head press is a superior lift.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    At this point I would listen to crazy rumors just to kill some time at work.
    Yeah I've prob refreshed this site like 150x the last 3 days at work looking for something lol
    TomFromQueens and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mky915 View Post
    I think you will be good for 225 x 20 being able to do a few reps of 315.
    Different rep ranges are good though.

Congrats btw!

You're right, most academies are endurance based in PT and in addition to performing evolutions/drills and double timing it everywhere in full gear. I am firm believer that strength is the foundation though. You gotta suck it up and do their PT, like what you did.

GSP is very skilled, skill in athletics trumps all!

I do think strength is underrated when it comes to firefighters/ing. Fire ground tasks/jobs will be easier on your body when you are strong(lower heart rate and less energy expenditure), this is of course in conjunction with skill, and conditioning.

Someone who has all three..strength, conditioning, and skill(as well as knowledge/experience) is going to be awesome, we should all strive to be the best we can be in all 3 aspects!

I follow this fire-related blog and here is a small article on Back Squat:
    http://www.fireservicewarrior.com/20...king-of-lifts/
    also take a moment and read Ethos
    http://www.fireservicewarrior.com/ethos/

Train hard and smart brothers! You are all warriors, be the strongest, most conditioned, and most skilled warrior you can be.

This is a good template, is that the regular SS template? I wish higher rep squats was programmed in on some of those days. Like every other squat session. Do you think 3 sets of 20 is too crazy?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information