Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 547 of 1193 FirstFirst ... 474474975375445455465475485495505575976471047 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,940 of 23854
Like Tree9326Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    A friend just took the medical and while he was there they told him only 15 PHs have passed everything and are just awaiting the run.

Highest number I've heard from a reliable source is 60. So either way looking good as far as getting more OC guys in.
    15 seems like a pretty crazy number. I've heard around 60-80 also. Now if we only had a better idea of how many EMS completed the process.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    15 seems like a pretty crazy number. I've heard around 60-80 also. Now if we only had a better idea of how many EMS completed the process.
    Yea I'm curious about that as well. We keep hearring rumors about the PHs but haven't heard much info on the EMS promos.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Yea I'm curious about that as well. We keep hearring rumors about the PHs but haven't heard much info on the EMS promos.
    over the past few weeks people here have been guessing any where from 100-150 would be in the July class. That +/- of 50 is big for us, obviously.

Forum Member

What happens to people who lose residency points? Do they just get a new list number based on their new (lower) score without the extra points? Also, what happens to those who would now be ahead of those who lost points? Will you get a new (potentially lower) list number?

Forum Member

over the past few weeks people here have been guessing any where from 100-150 would be in the July class. That +/- of 50 is big for us, obviously.
    yea thats what Ive been reading/hearing as well. What im also curious about is if there is 100-150 ems in this class, how many would be in the next class as well? of course no one really knows, but Im always curious to hear what do you guys think, helps ease my boredom lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by profeshffd View Post
    What happens to people who lose residency points? Do they just get a new list number based on their new (lower) score without the extra points? Also, what happens to those who would now be ahead of those who lost points? Will you get a new (potentially lower) list number?
    I think about it as a College Athletic Poll.....Guys that lose the residency credit drop down the line and the ones who have it move on up. I don't think you get a new list # as that's kinda like your ID # throughout the process. Could be wrong though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    yea thats what Ive been reading/hearing as well. What im also curious about is if there is 100-150 ems in this class, how many would be in the next class as well? of course no one really knows, but Im always curious to hear what do you guys think, helps ease my boredom lol.
    My guess would be there's still about 100-125 left to process if 150 make it to this class. There were 869 promos, 318 went to the first class, if 150 went to this class that leaves 401 left to make up the people who dropped out/didnt pass the process for the first 2 classes, and those left to process.

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I think about it as a College Athletic Poll.....Guys that lose the residency credit drop down the line and the ones who have it move on up. I don't think you get a new list # as that's kinda like your ID # throughout the process. Could be wrong though.

pretty sure you're right. I think I remember the joinfdny facebook page saying they don't update their list if you move up or down.

Forum Member

My guess would be there's still about 100-125 left to process if 150 make it to this class. There were 869 promos, 318 went to the first class, if 150 went to this class that leaves 401 left to make up the people who dropped out/didnt pass the process for the first 2 classes, and those left to process.

pretty sure you're right. I think I remember the joinfdny facebook page saying they don't update their list if you move up or down.
    I don't know man. Your ratio of promo list to hire number seems way off even for EMS guys. The best you usually see out of them is 1 for every 2 list numbers makes academy. I'm pretty sure they got to around the 700's just filling up the last class, meaning that the remaining 170 or so would probably only take up like 85 spots. I doubt there will be more than a handful left for the winter class.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I don't know man. Your ratio of promo list to hire number seems way off even for EMS guys. The best you usually see out of them is 1 for every 2 list numbers makes academy. I'm pretty sure they got to around the 700's just filling up the last class, meaning that the remaining 170 or so would probably only take up like 85 spots. I doubt there will be more than a handful left for the winter class.
    I agree but about 1-2 months ago someone mentioned a crazy low ratio of how many people they went through and weeded out to get the 318 for the first class. I found it hard to believe myself but if you think about it the background and psych are already done for them. It's just passing the physical and medical. They went to I think 710 for the 1st class but that also includes them passing over people who at the time were not eligible for promo, but will be by July '13, or Jan '14, etc.

Forum Member

So pretty much no one has any idea of how many EMS and PH's they have gone through lol.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    So pretty much no one has any idea of how many EMS and PH's they have gone through lol.
    This sucks so much lol

Forum Member

Plan on at least 100 EMS this summer of not almost 150. They did stop at 710 for the last class. There were approx 140 of the 869 not eligible due to the 2 year policy which approx 40 or so still won't have until January of next year.
    As for the people who left last class for academic of physical reasons, the rumor (and key word is rumor) on them is that they will not go into this summer class but next winter and I heard there are approx 30 of them MM can confirm that.
    At this point the ball is rolling. So no need to stress these numbers so hard. Just sit tight everyone. You'll get your chance.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather. Have a great weekend. Stay safe.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Plan on at least 100 EMS this summer of not almost 150. They did stop at 710 for the last class. There were approx 140 of the 869 not eligible due to the 2 year policy which approx 40 or so still won't have until January of next year.
    As for the people who left last class for academic of physical reasons, the rumor (and key word is rumor) on them is that they will not go into this summer class but next winter and I heard there are approx 30 of them MM can confirm that.
    At this point the ball is rolling. So no need to stress these numbers so hard. Just sit tight everyone. You'll get your chance.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather. Have a great weekend. Stay safe.
    I was hoping you'd chime in. If there's about 100 that are eligible now do you mean that have passed everything, or there's 100 people who could potentially make it in and then obviously the # that make it to the rock for July would be slightly less.

As for the people recycling, I was thinking it would be more like 20 and I'm only basing that off of what the Lt.'s were telling us for how many people quit on their own and could possibly come back, and how many were flat out fired. The last time I was there 5 were flat out fired and can't recycle.

Forum Member

The 100+ or so are now eligible. As of March. The guys I work with had medicals on April. All passed and are ready to go. Plus you got guys like me who just scored like a-holes. That's a good call though Hopeful, some may not pass the medical. Although I haven't heard anything going around about guys failing. Pretty much every guy I know that just hit the 2 years passed the medical and are walking around with smiles counting down the days. 12 for me.

Forum Member

So on the EMS side of things you have 159 guys that didn't make it into the last class because they didn't score high enough, 140 guys that didn't have the 2 years on EMS to switch, and 30 or so potential guys that can be recycled. So over the course of the next two classes where looking at about 330 potential promo candidates remaining ?
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Here's a tease for all you guys to enjoy: https://vimeo.com/67417542

I hope everybody's training hard.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post

Frikkin awesome man. Every month gets longer the closer I get.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Just me playing around with numbers but from the looks of things, there are 260 candidates eligible for this class alone. And I'm not good at math but they went up to 710 and 140 candidates weren't eligible right off the bat of those 710. So that 570 candidates that went through to get 320 probies into the academy, that's 1 probie for every 1.8 candidates. If you go by that hiring ratio we're looking at about 144 EMS promo's making it through to the academy this class. Of course hiring ratio's can change and these aren't exact numbers. And I don't know if the 140 that didn't have 20 years are for the entire 869 eligible's or just the first 710 they went through. But thanks to JerkAlert we have some semi legit numbers to play around with and kill time with at work lol.

Now the wild card is the PH's. We've heard anywhere from 15-60 have passed every step except the run. We have no idea how true those numbers are. We have no idea if the city is implementing the hiring quota with the PH's or just trying to bang them all out at once. If they're doing the quota than those 60 are a lot more than just 60 out of the 470 eligible.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post

Can't wait to go home and watch.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member