Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Do you guys wear it to the gym? lol I remember it being slightly akward to lug into the gym and take it on and off by myself to do sets. So I just left it on. Haven't used it in a while since my list number sucks.

I rent a locker and keep it there.

Cause I'm a baller...

Forum Member

in reference to the hours. there are dozens of different variations you can do with your schedule and a mutual partner. There a few guys I know who arranged it (for the most part) that they do a 24 (thats 2 day tours 15 and a 9) and 72 hours off. That seems to be a popular way to arrange your tours with a mutual partner.
    And yes theres time to sleep, only a handful of companies break 4 and 5,000 runs. Im sure there are quiet nights, and im sure there are busy nights as well. If you in the companies that do 2000 runs, theres a decent amount of down time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I rent a locker and keep it there.

Cause I'm a baller...
    I walk in with it on like a boss lol, I let then all know I'm that close to this, and I want it that bad to wear that dam thing on a daily basis at 530am.

To everyone going through recent medical a, don't forget to fax in them TB results

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYhopeful28 View Post
    I walk in with it on like a boss lol, I let then all know I'm that close to this, and I want it that bad to wear that dam thing on a daily basis at 530am.

To everyone going through recent medical a, don't forget to fax in them TB results
    If I had a car, I would too. I'm not lugging that thing many blocks on my bike (bicycle) though. I don't claim to be that tough...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by inthrewtheoutdor View Post
    in reference to the hours. there are dozens of different variations you can do with your schedule and a mutual partner. There a few guys I know who arranged it (for the most part) that they do a 24 (thats 2 day tours 15 and a 9) and 72 hours off. That seems to be a popular way to arrange your tours with a mutual partner.
    And yes theres time to sleep, only a handful of companies break 4 and 5,000 runs. Im sure there are quiet nights, and im sure there are busy nights as well. If you in the companies that do 2000 runs, theres a decent amount of down time.
    Are you on this job? D you know anything about what it's like to work a 24? How abou this, shut your mouth and listen to people who know what theyre talking about. Stop giving out incorrect information. To everyone on this job, you sound like an idiot. I can't imagine what you sound like to those who are trying to get good advice.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Sorry about the smell guys, it's hard to get the gear dry from water and sweat in one night. As far as being the worst class, I can't say we are the worst class cause I don't know the other classes. Were there better classes, absolutely, but are we the worst, don't know.
    I know the FST training is difficult, and it might be hitting candidates pretty hard. Don't ask what FST is, you just have to make it to the Rock and find out what it consist of.
    I was trying to bring my gear home today to wash it, but when you have 3 minutes to change, it's difficult. LOL
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by inthrewtheoutdor View Post
    Do you have any idea what kind of sh**bag fireman you're going to be talking like that? Even if it's true, that's something that STAYS IN THE HOUSE. We got a big enough problem with the public thinking we do nothing without help from bigmouths like you. Shut the hell up. You have no right to be talking about what goes on in a firehouse because YOU DON'T BELONG TO ONE AND YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Every time I go to the gym, who gives a **** what they think, they're not helping getting you get on the job.
    HAHA everyone looks at me when i fail at doing a human flag...

Forum Member

Why have the guys OTJ been so rude lately ? You guys are our best source of information but lately you guys have been feeling as if your superior to everyone else and not answering the questions. We understand you've been through the rock and are currently on the job, but you guys have been in our position too. We understand the issues with pay, schedules, side jobs etc are not our main concerns, but this is a career nonetheless and some people want to make sure this job is right for them before they take up someone's spot in the academy. You guys have been helpful all along, but there has been a condescending attitude coming from you his as of late. If you don't want to answer the questions or anything, that is fine. But don't be disrespectful and tell people to shut their mouth or down talk them because of misinformation or curiosity. Everyone's question is valid and it is to make sure they are making the best career choice for them as their family. So please, let's all get back on track and help each other by exchanging information that is pertinent and helpful to everyone. Sorry if this comes off as angry or rude, I don't mean for it to. It's just that we all want to be part of the same brotherhood so it's better that we all start acting like brothers. Cheers.
    John246 likes this.

Forum Member

man some of you guys are going to make sure your squad becomes a bunch of experts on push up's and plank's, aren't ya? Please don't be in mine, lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    Why have the guys OTJ been so rude lately ? You guys are our best source of information but lately you guys have been feeling as if your superior to everyone else and not answering the questions. We understand you've been through the rock and are currently on the job, but you guys have been in our position too. We understand the issues with pay, schedules, side jobs etc are not our main concerns, but this is a career nonetheless and some people want to make sure this job is right for them before they take up someone's spot in the academy. You guys have been helpful all along, but there has been a condescending attitude coming from you his as of late. If you don't want to answer the questions or anything, that is fine. But don't be disrespectful and tell people to shut their mouth or down talk them because of misinformation or curiosity. Everyone's question is valid and it is to make sure they are making the best career choice for them as their family. So please, let's all get back on track and help each other by exchanging information that is pertinent and helpful to everyone. Sorry if this comes off as angry or rude, I don't mean for it to. It's just that we all want to be part of the same brotherhood so it's better that we all start acting like brothers. Cheers.
    I get what your saying but, if the guys OTJ come off as curt or rude I'm sure its only because they are annoyed having to correct false info. I'd advise getting very thick skin from this point on because if you think someone being quick with you on a forum is bad the next 5 years are gonna be rough.
    List # 12XX

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's how it works; we say what we want, you deal with it. It's that way in every firehouse. You're lucky any one of us takes the time to answer ANYTHING; where you get off telling us how we're allowed to talk I don't know. If you want info on the job and you don't like how we present it, feel free to figure the whole thing out yourself. Your ONLY questions at this point should be how to get on the job and succeed as a proby; mutuals and 24s and how much time you have off are none of your concern at this point. Not to mention that's not something that needs to be posted on a public forum.

You want to know what you'll get paid? It's available at fdny.gov. Go on that website if money's your concern. Here we'll tell you about getting through the Rock and doing the right thing in the firehouse. And that all starts with showing the guys with time on the respect we've earned.

WE are in the brotherhood; YOU are not. Not yet. That you earn, and it takes more than going through the hiring process and waiting for a class. You don't make the rules on who talks to who and how; you just shut up and listen. And learn.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 08-30-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Here's how it works; we say what we want, you deal with it. It's that way in every firehouse. You're lucky any one of us takes the time to answer ANYTHING; where you get off telling us how we're allowed to talk I don't know. If you want info on the job and you don't like how we present it, feel free to figure the whole thing out yourself. Your ONLY questions at this point should be how to get on the job and succeed as a proby; mutuals and 24s and how much time you have off are none of your concern at this point.

You want to know what you'll get paid? It's available at fdny.gov. Go on that website if money's your concern. Here we'll tell you about getting through the Rock and doing the right thing in the firehouse. And that all starts with showing the guys with time on the respect we've earned.
    When did I ever tell you how your allowed to talk ? I'm trying to show you everyone on this forum as much respect as they deserve, regardless if they plan on showing it back. I personally don't have any questions or concerns about pay or schedule or anything, but some people do. Why get mad at them for asking you guys for the advice to see if this career is right for them or not ? As I stated, I understand you guys have even through the rock and you guys are living all our dream, and nobody is trying to disrespect you so please don't take it like that. I'm just trying to help get the forum back where it should be. But with you guys OTJ being pompous and acting better than us doesn't help at all. I don't post much on the forum, but I do follow it and like to gain information. But it becomes difficult when all everyone does is complain about Phs or disrespect each other. We're all out for the same thing and you guys have been where we are with the same questions. We come on this forum to discuss important topics about the job, not just how to get on and there's no reason why we should feel berated by people OTJ. I'm showing you respect so I would appreciate it if you showed me the same respect.

Forum Member

When did I ever tell you how your allowed to talk ? I'm trying to show you everyone on this forum as much respect as they deserve, regardless if they plan on showing it back. I personally don't have any questions or concerns about pay or schedule or anything, but some people do. Why get mad at them for asking you guys for the advice to see if this career is right for them or not ? As I stated, I understand you guys have even through the rock and you guys are living all our dream, and nobody is trying to disrespect you so please don't take it like that. I'm just trying to help get the forum back where it should be. But with you guys OTJ being pompous and acting better than us doesn't help at all. I don't post much on the forum, but I do follow it and like to gain information. But it becomes difficult when all everyone does is complain about Phs or disrespect each other. We're all out for the same thing and you guys have been where we are with the same questions. We come on this forum to discuss important topics about the job, not just how to get on and there's no reason why we should feel berated by people OTJ. I'm showing you respect so I would appreciate it if you showed me the same respect.

As far as I can see, quality questions are given serious and knowledgable answers. What makes me PO'd and sound rude is when a two-bit nobody wannabe talks about firehouse life. I don't take kindly to that talk when I've spent many a sleepless night.....countless nights......working when my family is home Christmas Eve or our wives are with our children watching fireworks on July 4th, ect. No one here should be deseminating anything about firehouse life when they've never experienced it, ever.

Forum Member

I understand you have to earn the spot in the brotherhood , never did I say you don't have to. But we are all aiming for it, why should we not act like it ? Why should we not have respect for each other ? Why does everyone have to shut up and not give their opinion or ask questions? I just don't understand the terrible attitude. Being in the brotherhood is more than getting on the job, and I don't claim to be in it. But is that any reason for me, or anyone else to get disrespected on a forum ? We come here to learn man.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    As far as I can see, quality questions are given serious and knowledgable answers. What makes me PO'd and sound rude is when a two-bit nobody wannabe talks about firehouse life. I don't take kindly to that talk when I've spent many a sleepless night.....countless nights......working when my family is home Christmas Eve or our wives are with our children watching fireworks on July 4th, ect. No one here should be deseminating anything about firehouse life when they've never experienced it, ever.
    Yeah I completely understand that. I don't know what that guy was thinking or saying, but that's not the only comment that has been under the scope. Alot of questions lately have been unanswered and replied with derogatory and harsh statements. There's an attitude of superiority, which is understandable, but it is also discouraging. We're just names on a forum, not probies and instructors at the rock.

Forum Member

I do appreciate all the feedback people on the job have given us and I look forward to more. I just wanted to give my opinion in hopes that it would get the forum back on track, but looks like I unintentionally opened up another can of worms lol. Hopefully we can all get back on the right mind set and start discussing the things that matter. To the guys OTJ, thanks or all the help you've given us all. Sorry if I came off as rude or out of line. You guys have surely earned everyone's respect, and when our time comes to earn ours then it is up to us to do so. I just want the constant hate and bashing to end ASAP so we can discuss the info we received from the recruiter today!

Forum Member

B S. keep ur trap closed probie! No reason to be commenting on here anyway! Post advice or post nothing!

Forum Member

sorry, thought that was meant for me.
    Last edited by DedicatedAmbition; 08-30-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You're still misconstruing lighthearted ball busting for something else. I have no actual comment on the "quality" or "performance" of the current class. If I did I wouldn't be sharing it here anyways.
    B S. keep ur trap closed probie! No reason to be commenting on here anyway! Post advice or post nothing!

MembersZone Subscriber

I do appreciate all the feedback people on the job have given us and I look forward to more. I just wanted to give my opinion in hopes that it would get the forum back on track, but looks like I unintentionally opened up another can of worms lol. Hopefully we can all get back on the right mind set and start discussing the things that matter. To the guys OTJ, thanks or all the help you've given us all. Sorry if I came off as rude or out of line. You guys have surely earned everyone's respect, and when our time comes to earn ours then it is up to us to do so. I just want the constant hate and bashing to end ASAP so we can discuss the info we received from the recruiter today!
    You are all sorts of out of line. What part of "you don't call the shots" are you missing? If we on the job have something to say, we'll say it. You don't like it? Don't read it. We decide what info we want to give here and how we want to give it; we're not interested in the sunshine your recruiter is blowing up your ***.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 19FDNY77 View Post

Why can't he post? I get he's supposed to be quiet, but proby or no, he's still a fireman. He shouldn't have to put up with that kind of crap from candidates.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

You are all sorts of out of line. What part of "you don't call the shots" are you missing? If we on the job have something to say, we'll say it. You don't like it? Don't read it. We decide what info we want to give here and how we want to give it; we're not interested in the sunshine your recruiter is blowing up your ***.
    How am I out of line? And why do you continue to go on being a tough guy ? I never said I do call the shots so where exactly are you getting that from? And sure if you people on the job have something to say, knock yourself out. I don't understand why your above showing everyone respect, but that's fine with me. But people on here will also say what they want so who are you to tell them to "shut up"? And just because your not interested doesn't mean the majority of the people on this board aren't. So if your not interested, take your own advice and don't read it.

MembersZone Subscriber

How am I out of line? And why do you continue to go on being a tough guy ? I never said I do call the shots so where exactly are you getting that from? And sure if you people on the job have something to say, knock yourself out. I don't understand why your above showing everyone respect, but that's fine with me. But people on here will also say what they want so who are you to tell them to "shut up"? And just because your not interested doesn't mean the majority of the people on this board aren't. So if your not interested, take your own advice and don't read it.
    You don't get it. You don't say ANYTHING. You ask questions the right way, and you get answers. Come on here making demands about how you'd like this thread to go, and you get grief. And as far as your recruiter goes, that's an affront to the FDNY. You want the job, you're supposed to do the legwork; that money is being spent making sure you're interested in this job is disgusting.

You're out of line simply because you're opening your mouth and instead of questions only demands are coming out. The problem here is we do things a certain way, and you seem to think you don't have to play the game our way. But you do. That's why you shut up and listen.

Southbronx, what are these recruiters telling these guys in regards to how they're supposed to act when talking to a member? I don't expect anybody to kiss my *** but it would never have occurred to me to back talk a guy on the job when I was a candidate. Is this really what's coming on the job? I don't know about you, but I'm seriously thinking about going off this forum and letting these guys figure it out for themselves since they already know so much that they can tell us what the deal is. I'm certainly not interested in being spoken to like this from candidates.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 08-30-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Forum Member

Why can't he post? I get he's supposed to be quiet, but proby or no, he's still a fireman. He shouldn't have to put up with that kind of crap from candidates.
    Ok so you got ur 5 yrs on dude, keep ur mouth shut also! If ur a FIREFIGHTER (politically correct by the way), why argue with these guys in the first place! We/you/me/them should be giving info and nothing else on our part! Arguing over it does nothing for us but make us sound like babies, type info, press post and its over, there arguing with the help not us! You are on the greatest job not them! Let them all post there inside source Info and speculate on ratios and BS. In reality there making up there own info, lets keep our whining in the FH and not on this thread. Good luck guys!

NYPDtoFD likes this.

Thread Information