Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 548 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 484484985385455465475485495505515585986481048 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,960 of 24140
Like Tree9401Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    someone officially put this medical business to rest for me... Please

Like many other athletes on here Im sure you have a list of things that you injured and saw a doctor for.
    If it was nothing serious can it be omitted? Examples for me...
    -Last year I strained my back. Saw a doc she recommended PT so it wouldn't happen again or was less likely to happen again
    -Recently sprained my thumb; saw doctor to make sure it wasn't serious so i could continue working out without doing further damage.
    -When I was 18(8years ago) I had a "procedure" to remove ingrown toe nails
    - I have seasonal allergies. Doesn't affect my breathing I just get a sneeze attack in the spring
    Hey man

I wouldn't tell the Dr's any of this stuff, it's irrelevant. If you have the operation report regarding the ingrown toenail lol then bring it, but I wouldn't go crazy about it if it was 8 years ago. They want to see if you've had any broken bones or major surgeries that could possibly effect your job performance. I had tubes put in my ears when I was a kid, but I never told them this and how would they ever know? They only know what they see and what you tell them. I had shoulder surgery and I had to bring documentation for that. I also had finger surgery, but I never even mentioned it to them cause it wasn't visible. Again if you have the documentation and feel more comfortable giving them the info on any surgical procedure that's fine you should always be honest, however listing sprains and strains and allergies is getting crazy. If anything telling them you have allergies can hurt you. I was just like you before I got on because you really aren't sure what to expect. I told them I had allergies and they wanted to disqualify me.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Takethedoor174 View Post
    Hey man

I wouldn't tell the Dr's any of this stuff, it's irrelevant. If you have the operation report regarding the ingrown toenail lol then bring it, but I wouldn't go crazy about it if it was 8 years ago. They want to see if you've had any broken bones or major surgeries that could possibly effect your job performance. I had tubes put in my ears when I was a kid, but I never told them this and how would they ever know? They only know what they see and what you tell them. I had shoulder surgery and I had to bring documentation for that. I also had finger surgery, but I never even mentioned it to them cause it wasn't visible. Again if you have the documentation and feel more comfortable giving them the info on any surgical procedure that's fine you should always be honest, however listing sprains and strains and allergies is getting crazy. If anything telling them you have allergies can hurt you. I was just like you before I got on because you really aren't sure what to expect. I told them I had allergies and they wanted to disqualify me.
    Some **** they might be able to find to through insurance records? couldn't they?

I know of person who lied on PD about medications they were prescribed and then after they were hired and finished the academy they were terminated, or thats how the story goes.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-31-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Some **** they might be able to find to through insurance records? couldn't they?

I know of person who lied on PD about medications they were prescribed and then after they were hired and finished the academy they were terminated, or thats how the story goes.
    Medications are a completely different discussion. That very may be. Obviously if you are taking a medication for something it may show up as an abnormality in a blood test. I was talking about surgeries and past injuries. No one mentioned medications. I don't know anything about insurance records. I'm sure they could, but I doubt it.

How do I turn off the ****ty music?
    HopefulFF and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    How do I turn off the ****ty music?
    I know. Every family day video has absolutely terrible music. Even though the production values have gone up a lot, the music remains the same.
    ffbam24, vekdoggs75 and rcfd31 like this.

Forum Member

Hey guys I don't mean to get everybody all riled up and I know "The Rant" isn't always a good source of information but there's a post over there saying that all future classes are on hold due to the second circuit court of appeals decision. This is the first I've heard this anywhere. Can any of you gentlemen who are currently on the job either confirm or deny this rumor. As always, thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

I am having trouble signing on since they changed the format all of sudden.
    If this is true, to be honest I am not sure how I feel about it. Just thinking out loud.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Just logged on, didn't see anything, only the last appeals decision. Maybe he can copy and paste what he saw.....
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 06-02-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Forum Member

Its just one line. Not enough info.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post
    Hey guys I don't mean to get everybody all riled up and I know "The Rant" isn't always a good source of information but there's a post over there saying that all future classes are on hold due to the second circuit court of appeals decision. This is the first I've heard this anywhere. Can any of you gentlemen who are currently on the job either confirm or deny this rumor. As always, thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the court decision really had nothing to do with PH or classes so it shouldn't make a difference..

But then again..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post

Silly rumor from someone who clearly knows nothing. At this time, all things are go for July 29th.

....and.....for the 1,000,000th time....STAY OF THE F#%KING RANT. That means today and everyday of your career. Nothing good comes from that sewing circle.

Forum Member

When I woke up this morning, I had a couple texts asking me if this was true. I knew there would be a question about it here. It's a bad rumor and I wouldn't be surprised if that was posted just to rile people up.

The only place that I take seriously, as far as information: 9 Metro Tech, my investigator, DCAS. Official sources. Also, all the information I've read, including statements by lawyers familiar with the case, has concluded that the appeals decision has no affect on the current list, at least not at this moment.

Forum Member

funny this came up today, I heard from a reliable source just yesterday that the 29th is not official, but that's still their target date as of this week.

That rumor is pretty ridiculous if you think about it. Take FDsouthbxNY's advice.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Silly rumor from someone who clearly knows nothing. At this time, all things are go for July 29th.

....and.....for the 1,000,000th time....STAY OF THE F#%KING RANT. That means today and everyday of your career. Nothing good comes from that sewing circle.
    The fact that it's titled "The Rant" lets you know it's just that... a rant. The guys on there are worse than women who secretly hate their best friends. Don't even type it into your search bar. And if you do, you're your own worst enemy because it's a rumor mill for malcontents who pine for the days of leather helmets, drinking on the job and paying probies to work tours so they can concentrate on side work. Old news. Stay away from it.

Well just to throw in what i heard from my investigator on Friday 5/31/13.

I called her in regards to a letter i received asking me to hand in all remaining paperwork by June 3rd. When i called her to ask for a few days extension, she asked for my list number and told me "You should not have received that email becuz that email was only intended for those who will be going in July 29". She then said "You still have until August becuz after we wrap up the July class IM GOING TO START PREPARING YOUR CASE FOR THE JANUARY CLASS". I then asked "So there WILL be a January class?" She said "Yes and with your list number you are looking at January, so call me back in August".

My list number is between 560-570/OC

Forum Member

Thanks for the info spider neck, do you mind me asking your score, I'm just curious what if they are really up to 103 etc. thanks

Forum Member

spiderneck did you have ur medical?

Score is 103. No medical yet. No psych either. Only completed CPAT and initial interview.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Score is 103. No medical yet. No psych either. Only completed CPAT and initial interview.
    I'm in the same boat. Early 400's here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Whenever it was that you said that directly to me I decided to take your advice and delete my account. It felt like going cold turkey off of meth for the first week, but now I feel good about that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    funny this came up today, I heard from a reliable source just yesterday that the 29th is not official, but that's still their target date as of this week.

That rumor is pretty ridiculous if you think about it. Take FDsouthbxNY's advice.
    It's not really official until the last minute. Everything is subject to change as needed. It was the same with the last class. 1/14 was the plan all along, but I wouldn't say that it was guaranteed until day 1. Don't forget they ****ed over the last class that would have come out of 6019 by waiting till the very last moment to cancel on them.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Thread Information