Like Tree9829Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

So the newsletter said they are going to send out an invite starting September 6th. Does that mean the packets also or no?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    So the newsletter said they are going to send out an invite starting September 6th. Does that mean the packets also or no?
    That's what we're hoping. Aren't they through at least the mid 600's for CPAT's. I can't see them starting CPAT training for less than 100 spots.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    Just another FYI on this for anyone interested, according to what I saw on the NYS comptroller website, there is no Tier 4 under the police and fire pension for FDNY... so that means what that guy from NYCERS told me makes no sense. Oh well...anyway, glad to see the board is up an running again.
    I was in tier 4 with my previous city agency, corrections has no tier 4, so I was transferred into their tier 3.

Forum Member

Hopefully out packets come with the cpat invitation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    haha that's almost as bad as the pd wanting to discontinue allowing officers to describe suspected perps on a basis of gender, race, or dress. "we have a blob of matter expending energy through the vacuum of space on 34th street..."
    lmao...lmao
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Hey guys, I'll be going to China on Friday for two weeks for a family wedding and i don't have anyone to check my mail while I'm away. My list number is in the early 1800's, and i am not sure if i should be expecting a packet or that It's still early for my number.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated because I will cancel the flight if i should be expecting something haha..

Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    Hey guys, I'll be going to China on Friday for two weeks for a family wedding and i don't have anyone to check my mail while I'm away. My list number is in the early 1800's, and i am not sure if i should be expecting a packet or that It's still early for my number.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated because I will cancel the flight if i should be expecting something haha..

Thanks.
    You should be fine

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    NO guys shouldnt be asking how much overtime they get, how they can do their work schedule. that stuff you find out when/if you get on.
    their number one priority focus should be on getting in the academy.
    if you guys are really really worried about pay, then maybe this job isnt for you. you will not be rich getting on this job.
    No you definitely will not get rich but like my friend on FD had told me.....its the worlds greatest part time job.

Forum Member

i dont know why so many are so concerned with the pay. No one is getting rich but top pay is not a bad life by any means. :shrug: I'll be okay with it...

Forum Member

Can those talking about pay and hours on the forum stop. Have those conversations with other people. If your so concerned about money then you should have gone into finance. We all know the hours are good and the pay is enough. Case closed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    No you definitely will not get rich but like my friend on FD had told me.....its the worlds greatest part time job.
    You guys still don't get it. People have no jobs...NOTHING....and want to see our benefits cut and you guys keep writing stupid **** like this on a public forum like an *** hole. You don't deserve this job.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Bingo! During CPAT prep do you get to see/go inside the bunker gear locker room?
    No, but I'm sure if we did it would smell HORRIBLE, haha.

Forum Member

You're an unbelievable PIECE OF S%#T. Did you not read my last post? Did you not take any humility away from it? I don't know who your D-Bag friend is, but he's clearly a coward, B.J. who brings nothing to the table in his firehouse....I'm sure they love him.....

There is nothing part time about this job motherfu%#er. Tell that to my wife who sends me off to work for 24hrs and then watches me walk through the door like a zombie fall asleep the next night at 8:30.

You have the balls to call yourself "FDNY4Life". That's a f%#kin INSULT to those of us who live for this and DIED for this you stupid bas^$rd.

That's it. I'm done here. You all better get used to policing yourselves because guys like this hairbag will ruin it for all of you.
    My1Goal and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    You should be fine
    Awesome. I wasn't sure how far the list number will go this round, and I am nervous that i will miss it while I'm abroad.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    You're an unbelievable PIECE OF S%#T. Did you not read my last post? Did you not take any humility away from it? I don't know who your D-Bag friend is, but he's clearly a coward, B.J. who brings nothing to the table in his firehouse....I'm sure they love him.....

There is nothing part time about this job motherfu%#er. Tell that to my wife who sends me off to work for 24hrs and then watches me walk through the door like a zombie fall asleep the next night at 8:30.

You have the balls to call yourself "FDNY4Life". That's a f%#kin INSULT to those of us who live for this and DIED for this you stupid bas^$rd.

That's it. I'm done here. You all better get used to policing yourselves because guys like this hairbag will ruin it for all of you.
    damn chill out.. your a fire fighter, good for you. Your not a prodigy to the FDNY. Not as many people are capable of being a fire fighter as in other jobs, but there are still plenty of people who can do the job. If someone makes a dumb remark it is what it is, maybe there's a lack of maturity there, nothing else. If you don't want to answer a question, just say so. You don't have to be co condescending all the time.

And not to sound greedy, but people ask about the money because that makes a big deal for how they and their family will live. so chill the F out and understand FDNY or any other career will change people's lives, so when it comes time for a life changing decision, people are going to ask question after question. We're not here to be robots asking questions about the academy all the time and hoping and wishing we get in. We're here to ask questions about the job as a whole, and the life style that comes with it. And if you have too much of an ego to answer them, than just leave the forum, nobody will care.
    FDNY4Life likes this.

Forum Member

If you don't see a problem with the "Part Time" job comment, you need to sit down and evaluate your career search as a FF. I'm not even on yet, and I see a problem with it.
    The salary is on the site to see how much is being paid, anything over that is up to the individual, working certain tours and OT. So asking how much is irrelevant, it can change.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    damn chill out.. your a fire fighter, good for you. Your not a prodigy to the FDNY. Not as many people are capable of being a fire fighter as in other jobs, but there are still plenty of people who can do the job. If someone makes a dumb remark it is what it is, maybe there's a lack of maturity there, nothing else. If you don't want to answer a question, just say so. You don't have to be co condescending all the time.

And not to sound greedy, but people ask about the money because that makes a big deal for how they and their family will live. so chill the F out and understand FDNY or any other career will change people's lives, so when it comes time for a life changing decision, people are going to ask question after question. We're not here to be robots asking questions about the academy all the time and hoping and wishing we get in. We're here to ask questions about the job as a whole, and the life style that comes with it. And if you have too much of an ego to answer them, than just leave the forum, nobody will care.
    Listen guy, don't tell me to chill out when some half whit nobody has stupid ***** to say. Some J-off comments about this being a part-time job gets under my skin more than just a little. I've been hospitalized doing this "part time" and I've seen friends hospitalized, some to be told they can never work again. Hearing those words keeps me up and night and you're going to condemn my response? You've gotta be kidding me.....

How about the guys who've spent the last 6 years hoping for a crack at this job, living and dying by news of the Vulcan lawsuit?! None of these guys have the balls to talk about this being "part time" or comment about money. No one paid them to come to Merit Matters meetings or courthouse rally's. How many court house rallys did you go to?

Excessive comments about money or about firehouse life from some nobodies on the OUTSIDE are a slap in the face to guys who've worked hard to get here and who've worked hard to a chance.

Questions here were asked and answered, RESPECTFULLY. Arguments and comments from the likes of you and others became ridiculous.

That'll be enough for me. Find your answers elsewhere. I have enough on my plate I don't need to raise my blood pressure on this forum.

Good luck to the rest of you and keep your heads down and focused on the prize.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post

Trust me man, he's one of the most helpful members on this forum. And condescending? I totally disagree, and I've been a member since the FDNY 6019 thread. And to all those talking about the pay and schedule, please stop. Go on the nyc.gov website to find out about the pay. Pension related questions are understandable since the last governor screwed a lot of us.

Btw, FDNY4Life is starting to sound like a goddamn troll in this thread.
    ffbam24 and USMC2024 like this.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

do any guys on the job attend grad school? i'm interested in continuing my education

Forum Member

Hey everyone, congradulations on everybody who has come this far and passed the exam, I was wondering if someone could please fill me in on where the open competitive list stands, has anybody been contacted off of it? If so, what list # are they up to? If anyone can help with some feedback it would be greatly appreciated, thankyou for your time and good luck everyone
    general_cornwalis likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Hey everyone, congradulations on everybody who has come this far and passed the exam, I was wondering if someone could please fill me in on where the open competitive list stands, has anybody been contacted off of it? If so, what list # are they up to? If anyone can help with some feedback it would be greatly appreciated, thankyou for your time and good luck everyone
    Not to sound like a dick, but try the search button. And to answer your question, I think that they've reached 600's for the medical.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Part time job?? Your friend is a f u c k i n g a s s h o l e. I dont know which "FD" he works for, but it sure as he ll isnt this one. Ive been getting my head kicked in extra the last few years because of this ridiculous social experiment thats cut manning so low, and its not like there was loads of free time to begin with.

I may not commute as much, but I dont think Ive ever worked less than 50 hours a week; it probably averages 60+. On top of that, all those holidays and long weekends that private sector and non-emergency lines of work take off enjoy, we dont. When your family is sipping hot chocolate by the fire, watching football on Thanksgiving, waiting for a turkey in the oven, you will not be. You will be cleaning tools in a garage. Theres nothing part-time about it.

The only "great" thing about it is the people. The pay? not great. The hours? many and often inconvenient. The conditions? Refer to "Cleaning Tools" three lines up. Welcome "home."

What makes the job great, you cant show it off, you cant wear it out, you cant save it up, and you cant trade it.

Its the guys you work with that make it great; we look out for each other, we help each other out. Everyone brings a little something to the table that can make everyone elses day a little easier, and if someone in the mix is "part-timing" it, hes burdening everyone else in the room. Hes taking advantage of everyone else in there, trying to mooch off them like an able-bodied skell at a red light. He is detracting from the one thing that makes the job "great," and thats what makes your friend a f'ing a $ $h0le.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Is there something wrong with my computer or am i the only idiot with a freakin avatar?

Psychological September 21st. List number 56*
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 09-01-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    coldblood92 and JoeNoVowel like this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

you know i had a whole of stuff to post, but its not even worth my time. you guys can go f yourselves. to those that really want and care for this job good luck to you.
    and to those that are trying to i guess exploit this job and make us look bad go f u c k yourself.
    Last edited by fdnybk; 09-01-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Forum Member

Wow, , just wow!!

Thread Information