Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 1018 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865105155555 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 20350
Like Tree7732Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I already bought the don Mcnea book a long time ago. I am having trouble downloading the vulcan version from the link above. It wants me to sign up for some **** to open it? Can some one PM me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcasler View Post
    so if a lot of people end up getting perfect scores how do they go about putting a list in order for hiring? what do they go by?
    Some combination of our social security numbers.

Forum Member

Type-o's in the Don McNea? Now I'm worried. Someone put my mind at ease. Did I just blow $50?

Forum Member

There are a couple yeah. But honestly, big deal. I essentially "blew" over $400 on those private prep courses. Some people a few years ago might tell you that they "blew" over $4,000 on eye surgery.

Forum Member

Yea, good call. Thanks, roadrunner. I still say no matter what, the LASIK was the best thing I have ever done. I swear as much as I say that, they should start paying me. If you haven't done it and think you might need it, do it; even if FDNY doesn't pan-out for you

Forum Member

couldn't agree more with FDNYPD, Lasik was the best thing ever to happen to me whether i get hired or not!

also does anyone have the link to the videos from part B of the vulcan prep? the link was not working at the test prep the other day...thanks.

Forum Member

Has anyone gone to the Vulcans session B classes ? Whats the difference between session A if any ?

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Has anyone gone to the Vulcans session B classes ? Whats the difference between session A if any ?
    The only difference was the lesson plan which was a different video. Other than that it's the same homework. All of the videos can be found on YouTube.

Forum Member

So they don't even give you another homework packet? They just tell you to continue working on the initial one?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    The only difference was the lesson plan which was a different video. Other than that it's the same homework. All of the videos can be found on YouTube.
    Whats the name of of the videos I would like to look them up on youtube if possible. But outside of the videos there really isn't much of a reason to go if you went to session A ?

Forum Member

From all the tutorials that are available it appears this exam will be more difficult than the 2007 exam. Wont this go against what the vulcans and the judge wants? I thought the whole reason this mess started was because minorities couldnt score high enough to get hired.. I'm all for a difficult test so it can weed out those who didnt study, at the same time I dont wanna go through this mess again like on 6019. Any thoughts?

Whats the name of of the videos I would like to look them up on youtube if possible. But outside of the videos there really isn't much of a reason to go if you went to session A ?
    Session B video 1
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=0OmOQs0ziSU

Session B video video 2

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=7MSOgLC4k_8

Session A first video

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=0UqEhUm2B_8

Session A second video

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=0MY1mEmp8-s

All videos no more than three mins long
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 03-08-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Found all videos

Forum Member

This one is the Nugget one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MSOgLC4k_8

And this one is the 3 gun one

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65...working-of-gun

Forum Member

Damn I was just looking over a couple of the vids that the city links to practice from. The installing ceramic tile floors, kitchen sink, and toilet ones. Dude talks fast in them. Don't sleep on practicing this aspect of the test, thinking it will be cake. Who knows how fast the talker will be on test day. Remember, you never know what details they'll ask. I'm just sayin...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Damn I was just looking over a couple of the vids that the city links to practice from. The installing ceramic tile floors, kitchen sink, and toilet ones. Dude talks fast in them. Don't sleep on practicing this aspect of the test, thinking it will be cake. Who knows how fast the talker will be on test day. Remember, you never know what details they'll ask. I'm just sayin...
    Where are the links to the city's prep videos about the sink, toilet, and floors? I see the CPR, but nothing about tiles or anything else.
    Last edited by MerritMatters; 03-08-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    Where are the links to the city's prep videos about the sink, toilet, and floors? I see the CPR, but nothing about tiles or anything else.

I overlooked it too man. On the very top of the main tutorial page, you see a link to a pdf. It is a like a 60+ page booklet that has all of the stuff on the main page that you can print, plus more video practice and a bunch of links to general reading comp sites and math sites. They provide you with training guides for the three videos I mention. If you refer to page 31, it instructs you type the exact name of the videos into youtube so you can take notes on said training guides and answer the questions that follow. Here is the pdf I'm talking about:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/media/v...t_complete.pdf

Forum Member

Th city's own tutorial guide has a mistake. The video tutorial about CPR on an infant, question 15 asking about the how to check for a pulse on an infant. Around the 3:25 mark during the video he clearly says on the inside of the arm between elbow and shoulder. The answer should be D but they show the answer as B, on the outside of the arm between the elbow and shoulder. Just a heads up if anyone missed it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    I cant get those links to work. How do I access the videos for lesson plan A? Thank u

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    I cant get those links to work. How do I access the videos for lesson plan A? Thank u
    The "m." in front of the url means that its the mobile version of the site, so he probably sent this from an iphone or whatever. Just take out the "m."

Quote Originally Posted by fdnysmoky View Post
    From all the tutorials that are available it appears this exam will be more difficult than the 2007 exam. Wont this go against what the vulcans and the judge wants? I thought the whole reason this mess started was because minorities couldnt score high enough to get hired.. I'm all for a difficult test so it can weed out those who didnt study, at the same time I dont wanna go through this mess again like on 6019. Any thoughts?
    You know when I was in one of the vulcans tutorial sessions, I thought to myself, did they just shiet all over everyone or what? I also think maybe this test is a little bit more demanding considering the fact that they took out the memorization portion and added videos instead and they added a whole lot of math compared to the past tests. And let's not forget the personal background survey. I mean wtf.

Thread Information