Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 551 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 514515015415485495505515525535545616016511051 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,020 of 24077
Like Tree9398Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #11001
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Somewhere between 59 and 61 minutes early?
    Just be there 1 hr before you are scheduled and I would think you would have no problem.


  2. #11002
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    What was it, an email that you got? What list number are you around?
    Mid 300s. Its a list of ppl who completed all the steps so far. I'm not one of them. I don't have a medical yet. Everything else is done.

  3. #11003
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Somewhere between 59 and 61 minutes early?
    Tom Coughlin rules on steroids type early

  4. #11004
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Mid 300s. Its a list of ppl who completed all the steps so far. I'm not one of them. I don't have a medical yet. Everything else is done.
    WOW I am shocked they're disclosing this type of information.

  5. #11005
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Mid 300s. Its a list of ppl who completed all the steps so far. I'm not one of them. I don't have a medical yet. Everything else is done.
    It wasn't sent by anyone official was it?


    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    WOW I am shocked they're disclosing this type of information.
    definitely...and if they included list numbers too that would be real nice

  6. #11006
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Are they suppose to email this list out?

  7. #11007
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    71

    Default

    VAN CROON -
    At 18XX I'm hoping you're easily in July '14, and certainly getting paperwork for preliminary processing soon after the July class goes in.

    I'm early 3000s hopefully looking at January '15 or July '15 if the classes move with out wild lawsuits derailing the process again.

  8. #11008
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Mid 300s. Its a list of ppl who completed all the steps so far. I'm not one of them. I don't have a medical yet. Everything else is done.
    So how many people have completed all the steps? Do they indicate Promo, PH, or OC?
    List # 12XX

  9. #11009
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Lol they don't send you the list, but i imagine they have a list made up of ph and oc that completed everything so far and they will invite them to the run. Im a lil ****ed but this summer will be brutal, hello jan

  10. #11010
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Lol they don't send you the list, but i imagine they have a list made up of ph and oc that completed everything so far and they will invite them to the run. Im a lil ****ed but this summer will be brutal, hello jan
    My bad I misunderstood you when you said that you have it. Thought you meant you have "the list". Lol

  11. #11011
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    This list will be available on the FDNY website. Also, the appeals process is totally different for background disqualification then it is for medical and CPAT. As most said, this list is not the offical hiring list but more of an indication who most likely will be accepted into the July class.

    Investigator said disqualification letters and invite for the 1.5 run will be mailed out late June early July.
    Last edited by almostthere; 06-04-2013 at 01:00 PM.

  12. #11012
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Its not priority hire stuff, i also have it. The hiring list was supposed to be made by june 5. Its also about appeals for medicals. You can supposedly havemore than twotries, i dont know why you would need it though. But yea almostthere is right june5

    You can have a third crack at medicals if you fail round two (which is pathetic). However, if you want this third try you must visit an outside doctor for a nuclear stress test and methocolean test. You must bring the results of these tests to BHS for consideration.

  13. #11013
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Yup kinda bs to me, score a 104 and sit behind ppl who got 80s in the past, but i've been
    Keeping calm and trying to stay positive, at least i'll be on before i'm 25
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  14. #11014
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Yup kinda bs to me, score a 104 and sit behind ppl who got 80s in the past, but i've been
    Keeping calm and trying to stay positive, at least i'll be on before i'm 25
    Not only are you sitting behind people who scored less than you (PH/EMS), you are competing with candidates who has the opportunity to retake the medical and cpat two or three times. (OC/EMS/PH).

  15. #11015
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Not only are you sitting behind people who scored less than you (PH/EMS), you are competing with candidates who has the opportunity to retake the medical and cpat two or three times. (OC/EMS/PH).
    Who are you to pass judgement on people who need a 3rd try at something in the medical? There are probably plenty of legitimate reasons to justify a 3rd attempt. I view people that need multiple attempts at the medical the same as I view PHs: Case by case. I'm not going to judge everyone the same. Some may have valid reasons for being in the position that they're in, even though they're trying their best, and I'm sure others are full of it.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

  16. #11016
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Somewhere between 59 and 61 minutes early?
    If you're early you're on time, if you're on time you're late policy?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  17. #11017
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Who are you to pass judgement on people who need a 3rd try at something in the medical? There are probably plenty of legitimate reasons to justify a 3rd attempt. I view people that need multiple attempts at the medical the same as I view PHs: Case by case. I'm not going to judge everyone the same. Some may have valid reasons for being in the position that they're in, even though they're trying their best, and I'm sure others are full of it.
    You are absolutely right. There are some who has legitimate reasons, but I am more focused on those who don't. I am voicing my opinion just like you guys are voicing your frustration/opinion towards me, but I am not going over the top with it. I am just letting you guys know it is not just the PHS that you are competing with, etc.

  18. #11018
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You get your official job offer letter, have business suit orientation day about a week before the start of the academy, and get set up with a date to go to quartermaster and get issued gear. Don't worry though, they've done this a few times and will take care of everything for you, all you have to do is follow directions and be there on time. (we all know what on time is, right?)
    Early is on time, on time
    Is late, late is not happening???
    Thanks.

  19. #11019
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    You are absolutely right. There are some who has legitimate reasons, but I am more focused on those who don't. I am voicing my opinion just like you guys are voicing your frustration/opinion towards me, but I am not going over the top with it. I am just letting you guys know it is not just the PHS that you are competing with, etc.
    I do not voice a specific frustration/opinion towards you because I don't know you. Overall I don't really agree with the idea of PHs but it's happening. I won't hold it against any of you specifically because that's unfair to you personally, but that's just me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Early is on time, on time
    Is late, late is not happening???
    Thanks.
    Yes but there's a specific time frame, read the comments above, they were on the money.

  20. #11020
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Yup kinda bs to me, score a 104 and sit behind ppl who got 80s in the past, but i've been
    Keeping calm and trying to stay positive, at least i'll be on before i'm 25
    25? You lucky SOB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 44 users browsing this thread. (11 members and 33 guests)

  1. 40&OUT,
  2. dahose,
  3. DFDNY444,
  4. EKFCASPER,
  5. Gomer Pyle,
  6. jes82,
  7. john_casey,
  8. k20dc2,
  9. nptks,
  10. SIFire,
  11. tmccormack24

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  2. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts