Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 552 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 524525025425495505515525535545555626026521052 ... LastLast
Results 11,021 to 11,040 of 23239
Like Tree9097Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #11021
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    25? You lucky SOB
    Lol, i took 6019 also didn't score high enough for the class that got screwed but would've been hired in 3-4 yrs. I was 18 at the time so it would've worked out perfectly. Betterlate than never
    vekdoggs75 likes this.


  2. #11022
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Lol, i took 6019 also didn't score high enough for the class that got screwed but would've been hired in 3-4 yrs. I was 18 at the time so it would've worked out perfectly. Betterlate than never
    I am in the same boat. Took 2043 at 18 and just missed the cut for the last class. Hope to be in before my 29th birthday. Better late than never x 2
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

  3. #11023
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    I am in the same boat. Took 2043 at 18 and just missed the cut for the last class. Hope to be in before my 29th birthday. Better late than never x 2
    What did you F up on for 2043? I just missed the last class for that list too.

  4. #11024
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    What did you F up on for 2043? I just missed the last class for that list too.
    Didn't mess anything up. Passed the real physical, completed all the paper work, and had my letter written to my company. I was ready to go. Then they hired up to 5696 on the list and I was at 57XX. Missed out by 40+ guys.

    O well it is water under the bridge, now i am focused on 2014.
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

  5. #11025
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    Didn't mess anything up. Passed the real physical, completed all the paper work, and had my letter written to my company. I was ready to go. Then they hired up to 5696 on the list and I was at 57XX. Missed out by 40+ guys.

    O well it is water under the bridge, now i am focused on 2014.
    Yeah I was in the high 5000s as well. I scored really well on the written, but wasn't prepared for the physical aerobically. I learned my lesson BIG TIME.

  6. #11026
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    I am in the same boat. Took 2043 at 18 and just missed the cut for the last class. Hope to be in before my 29th birthday. Better late than never x 2
    not sure if you just hope you are on before 29 or if you are confused about the hiring rule. The rule is you have to file before you are 29, so if you filed before you are 29 you get hired you will be fine if you are 31-32 etc.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  7. #11027
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Just talking about ages we would like to be fdny by. Everything happens for a reason, because of 6019 i now have my degree. Trying to stay optimistic
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  8. #11028
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    not sure if you just hope you are on before 29 or if you are confused about the hiring rule. The rule is you have to file before you are 29, so if you filed before you are 29 you get hired you will be fine if you are 31-32 etc.
    No i understand the hiring rule, I am just hoping that i get on before i am 30!

    With this city... you never know
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

  9. #11029
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    637

    Default

    I took that test also, passed the written and the physical. I could see people not finishing, and thats what kept me going and I completed it. I remember when I was all set to run through the tunnel as fast as I can, when I bent down to go in, the tank hit the top side of the tunnel. I stopped dead in my tracks, I felt like such an idiot. LOL
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  10. #11030
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    No i understand the hiring rule, I am just hoping that i get on before i am 30!

    With this city... you never know
    Just making sure.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  11. #11031
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Does anyone know when the next round of Packets will be sent out?

  12. #11032
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I'm 21 here, 21xx on exam 2000, praying for July 14' as well so I can be on by age 22 and by that time I'll have my bachelors. Thanks for all the information guys, I have been creeping on this thread for a while. I just finally registered. You guys keep me hopeful.
    My1Goal and mocon337 like this.

  13. #11033
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
    Does anyone know when the next round of Packets will be sent out?
    No official date but the popular rumor is in August.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  14. #11034
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DREAMOFFDNY View Post
    I'm 21 here, 21xx on exam 2000, praying for July 14' as well so I can be on by age 22 and by that time I'll have my bachelors. Thanks for all the information guys, I have been creeping on this thread for a while. I just finally registered. You guys keep me hopeful.
    Having a bachelors degree is the best thing you can do before you get here. You need an associates to be a Capt., or Lt.. And you need a bachelors to make Chief. You've given yourself many options. Keep it up.
    DREAMOFFDNY likes this.

  15. #11035
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Hey guys, I'm number 8xx and just graduated, been getting in shape for this whole process which I believe will be coming to a start this summer, I was just wondering if anyone has any insight on the physical exam and anything I should specifically focus on for that and if anyone knows if there is anyone getting together and meeting up to train or run in the Brookyln area specifically Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst , thanks.

  16. #11036
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DREAMOFFDNY View Post
    I'm 21 here, 21xx on exam 2000, praying for July 14' as well so I can be on by age 22 and by that time I'll have my bachelors. Thanks for all the information guys, I have been creeping on this thread for a while. I just finally registered. You guys keep me hopeful.
    I am glad everyone within my same list number range is thinking summer 2014 because that is what I am hoping for as well. We will just have to train hard, stay out of trouble, and wait and see.
    My1Goal, mocon337 and DREAMOFFDNY like this.

  17. #11037
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm number 8xx and just graduated, been getting in shape for this whole process which I believe will be coming to a start this summer, I was just wondering if anyone has any insight on the physical exam and anything I should specifically focus on for that and if anyone knows if there is anyone getting together and meeting up to train or run in the Brookyln area specifically Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst , thanks.
    Bensonhurst, whooop whoooop jk.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  18. #11038
    OAK
    OAK is offline
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Bensonhurst, whooop whoooop jk.
    Bath Beach/Dyker Heights..I usually run along the belt parkway. I'm at 9xx If anyone around is down for a workout, let me know..

  19. #11039
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    280

    Default

    I live in Sunset Park and always run through bay ridge. I'm down to meet up.

  20. #11040
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Did the supposed hiring list come out yet today ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 13 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 11 guests)

  1. DSNY2FDNY,
  2. Test 200

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts