Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 554 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 54454504544551552553554555556557564604654 ... LastLast
Results 11,061 to 11,080 of 20377
Like Tree7738Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Or the past 3 jobs you had before your current job have gone out of business lol.
    See that's what I'm saying.. First job is out of bus.. 2nd job I got paid under the table.. Not sure about that 1.. And the 3rd (army) my company commander and any other friends/leaders are long gone.. If the CO got a letter asking about me he's be like.. Ummm? Toss this..

Same with the guard unit I was in..

Forum Member

has anyone actually heard of anyone being DQ'd due to background investigation, whether it be fired from a job or prior arrests? That is seriously my only obstacle, I passed my physical, will pass my psych(i hope, lol) and will more than likely be all good with my medical(few surgeries, nothing serious, great shape) , just have a few minor arrests and couple of summons.

EDIT: Also that sucks they send letters to your past two jobs, my current, It'll be great but the one before this, was panera bread, i worked there for like 3 weeks and hated it so I kinda quit on the spot , I hope it doesnt effect me negatively

Forum Member

I really wish we had more inside into the ratio of this next class. I am curious how the residency credit is working out and if lots of people claimed it who cant prove it.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I really wish we had more inside into the ratio of this next class. I am curious how the residency credit is working out and if lots of people claimed it who cant prove it.
    Yes, me too !!!! I'm using your list number as a reference if you get called by the fourth class ... Then I have a chance so lets hope you get call sooner than expected !!!

Forum Member

I honestly don't know for certain. I have one job that closed down and I never had a direct manager, so I have no idea how that works.

Forum Member

Same boat with you guys as far as past employment, only thig I'm really worried about. Got fired from a job when I was 16 and had a few jobs where I only worked there for a few weeks, am a union electrician now so hopefully they see past the retail and odd jobs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Same boat with you guys as far as past employment, only thig I'm really worried about. Got fired from a job when I was 16 and had a few jobs where I only worked there for a few weeks, am a union electrician now so hopefully they see past the retail and odd jobs
    I would think so.. I'm sure your investigator had to work a few crappy jobs before..

It's life.. ESP in a tough economy today.. Unemployment/multiple jobs/getting laid off.. Etc.

Forum Member

In my opinion, I think you fellas are blowing this out of proportion a bit. Obviously the investigators have to take into account of the turnover at some of jobs you're going to list. For 6019, I listed 2 jobs that I knew my managers/bosses weren't going to be there. I would say you'll be fine unless you got locked up at the job for stealing or beating up your boss lol.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    To clarify, it sounded like it was more of a form they fill out, confirming the information you provided to CID. Also, in 2008, when I was going through the process for 6019, this also occurred.

Also, the employers that received these forms, I haven't worked for them 5 and 6 years respectively.
    I'm surprised to hear they went back beyond 5 years.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    In my opinion, I think you fellas are blowing this out of proportion a bit. Obviously the investigators have to take into account of the turnover at some of jobs you're going to list. For 6019, I listed 2 jobs that I knew my managers/bosses weren't going to be there. I would say you'll be fine unless you got locked up at the job for stealing or beating up your boss lol.
    I hear you.. Obviously they know the turn around rate/ bosses or co workers moving on etc..

I'm just super paranoid because this is my only shot due to my age..I just want to prepare for anything that can go wrong.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I hear you.. Obviously they know the turn around rate/ bosses or co workers moving on etc..

I'm just super paranoid because this is my only shot due to my age..I just want to prepare for anything that can go wrong.
    Me too - sucks being old men in this game. I stopped working for my previous employer once 6019 got jammed up so I'm actually kinda interested to see what he writes on that report. Like I said though, I wouldn't be too worried about it unless you had some legal issues at your old job(s).

Forum Member

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1364441

What kind of settlement do you guys think there looking for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Yeah I hear you bro, I just tend to over think things, especially when it comes to this hiring process lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post

An unlimited amount of bowties for their Prez?
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

They actually drew a conservative judge thank God. I really hope the city fights them on every last thing they want.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

:shrug: .......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    :shrug: .......
    I'm just asking just to confirm that this wouldn't affect us right?

Forum Member

I'm just asking just to confirm that this wouldn't affect us right?
    I don't think it will affect anything for this class, but you never know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I don't think it will affect anything for this class, but you never know.
    Yeah - when I hear the word "settle" I think of $$$ damages so I doubt it ends up affecting classes. Although I've been surprised before.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Yes, me too !!!! I'm using your list number as a reference if you get called by the fourth class ... Then I have a chance so lets hope you get call sooner than expected !!!
    List your range in the sig if you don't mind. This way when we all discuss possibilities, we can compare. I was gonna ask you your score but figure I asked you already.

4th class would be awesome. Hope many classes total again, 8?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information