Like Tree9527Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #13926
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    Does it matter which one you do first ?

    I have the rock scheduled for Saturday 8am and LIC for 3pm same day.
    It does not matter what you do first. Just go to both. They are both tools to help you familiarize yourself with the course. The lic one is run by dcas and it just goes over the stations with you. The one at the Rock is to do the same as Dcas plus, assist you with training and hands on tips.
    Jackooze likes this.

  2. #13927
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    According to the math that I've done, these are my projections:

    3:1 Ratio 4:1 Ratio
    Class 2-13 94 Class 2-13 94
    Class 1-14 1054 Class 1-14 1374
    Class 2-14 2014 Class 2-14 2654
    Class 1-15 2974 Class 1-15 3934
    Class 2-15 3934 Class 2-15 5214
    Class 1-16 4894 Class 1-16 6494
    Class 2-16 5854 Class 2-16 7774

    From the last I saw, they reached list #94 on the current class. I'm probably way off in these numbers, but this was a nice way to burn 10 minutes in the office. Please feel free to chime in and pick this apart, I'm bored as it is.
    Ok a few things that might help ... The list is good till June 26 2017 so you can add one or two more classes. My opinion with the ratio is that as classes go by the ratio goes up so by 2017 the ratio should be way higher than 1:3 or 1:4 I'd say the least 1:6
    Last edited by Dannypanigale; 09-07-2013 at 04:41 AM.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

  3. #13928
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Ok a few things that might help ... The list is good till June 26 2017 so you can add one or two more classes. My opinion with the ratio is that as classes go by the ratio goes up so by 2017 the ratio should be way higher than 1:3 or 1:4 I'd say the least 1:6
    ratio will def be closer to 1:3. historically it is around there. 1:6 is def not happening.

    do they let you actually practice the stations at LIC or do you just get to look at them?

  4. #13929
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    ratio will def be closer to 1:3. historically it is around there. 1:6 is def not happening.
    Historically, yes, but you have to consider that in the past they did the written and fitness test to determine scores. The guys at the top of the list were all pretty much in shape but nowadays, just because you got a 102 on the exam with residency points doesn't mean you're going to walk in the door and pass the CPAT and run. A lot of us here are really into working out, but you'd be amazed how many people wait until they get a letter to start running or assume that adrenaline will get them through it.

    Ask any agency that uses the 40% cooper standard for fitness tests (29 pushups, 38 situps, 12:38 1.5 mile run for males under 30). While it's not the exact same thing, probably about 50% of people who walk in the door to take it don't pass. We won't really know the projected ratio until they go through more OC candidates.

  5. #13930
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Historically, yes, but you have to consider that in the past they did the written and fitness test to determine scores. The guys at the top of the list were all pretty much in shape but nowadays, just because you got a 102 on the exam with residency points doesn't mean you're going to walk in the door and pass the CPAT and run. A lot of us here are really into working out, but you'd be amazed how many people wait until they get a letter to start running or assume that adrenaline will get them through it.

    Ask any agency that uses the 40% cooper standard for fitness tests (29 pushups, 38 situps, 12:38 1.5 mile run for males under 30). While it's not the exact same thing, probably about 50% of people who walk in the door to take it don't pass. We won't really know the projected ratio until they go through more OC candidates.
    I agree with you ... And I said 1:6 to don't sound crazy but I have a feeling it would get further than that. We can't compare to past tests and we cant confirm anything with this new test neither we just have to wait out and see ... By July 2014 class we should have a better idea since that would be the first class with full oc if I'm not mistaking

  6. #13931
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I agree with you ... And I said 1:6 to don't sound crazy but I have a feeling it would get further than that. We can't compare to past tests and we cant confirm anything with this new test neither we just have to wait out and see ... By July 2014 class we should have a better idea since that would be the first class with full oc if I'm not mistaking
    Ya never know... By 2017, 6 years will have gone by since the application period opened up... I would imagine a lot of people will no longer be in good enough shape, have lost interest, new careers, etc...

  7. #13932
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    62

    Default

    what is the dress code for the first information session at the rock? i am going on the 19th.
    They say that the actual program is to begin the week of sept 23rd. The dress code for that will be athletic? Confused : /
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

  8. #13933
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    what is the dress code for the first information session at the rock? i am going on the 19th.
    They say that the actual program is to begin the week of sept 23rd. The dress code for that will be athletic? Confused : /
    From the way it sounds three first session at the rock sounds more like an information session and nothing too hands on. The email said you needed clearance from your physician before doing the CPAT practice and that the practice starts the week of the 23rd. All these initial meeting dates are before the 23rd.

  9. #13934
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    what is the dress code for the first information session at the rock? i am going on the 19th.
    They say that the actual program is to begin the week of sept 23rd. The dress code for that will be athletic? Confused : /
    Information session khakis and polo is fine. There were people in jeans and stuff but don't look like a bum

  10. #13935
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    64

    Default

    So I after a few emails , I eventually got a call from CID and got my medical rescheduled. They said they don't have any open dates currently, I'm guessing for the month of september, So I should be taking it early october and hopefully get my psych letter by then too and I'll be all done, just need to drop off a few more things to my investigator and hope for the best

  11. #13936
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Just hope that you get in before they settle the new contract. Im sure it will contain givebacks that will be screwing over the unborn (us)

  12. #13937
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    198

    Default

    With this list, as with anything in life, a lot can happen and/or change over six months or a years time. Circumstances change. Plans change. So, take it one day at a time. Take care of business today and when tomorrow comes, do it all again. Take advantage of opportunities to learn and improve. Before you know it, hopefully, the FDNY will be calling you and as time seems to fly by, you'll not only be a well trained probationary firefighter, but you'll become an expert at listening well, at a variety of household "chores" and adept at cleaning tools and other equipment, as you continue to train and learn about the trade of being a firefighter.

    The variables that go into how many people get hired are many. One of the major variables are the people on the list and the different levels of desire, effort and preparation people put forth for all facets of the hiring process. It seems to me that there is vary little one can do in predicting what's going to happen with hiring. I never would have thought that many of us would have gone from being a several weeks away from being hired to still waiting nearly five years later. But here we are. Keeping up pushing forward and never give up.
    vekdoggs75, NycQ83 and USMC2024 like this.

  13. #13938
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    So I after a few emails , I eventually got a call from CID and got my medical rescheduled. They said they don't have any open dates currently, I'm guessing for the month of september, So I should be taking it early october and hopefully get my psych letter by then too and I'll be all done, just need to drop off a few more things to my investigator and hope for the best
    Out of curiosity what's your list number?

  14. #13939
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Just hope that you get in before they settle the new contract. Im sure it will contain givebacks that will be screwing over the unborn (us)
    Is all you think about $$ and hours? You are trying for all the wrong reasons.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

  15. #13940
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    With this list, as with anything in life, a lot can happen and/or change over six months or a years time. Circumstances change. Plans change. So, take it one day at a time. Take care of business today and when tomorrow comes, do it all again. Take advantage of opportunities to learn and improve. Before you know it, hopefully, the FDNY will be calling you and as time seems to fly by, you'll not only be a well trained probationary firefighter, but you'll become an expert at listening well, at a variety of household "chores" and adept at cleaning tools and other equipment, as you continue to train and learn about the trade of being a firefighter.

    The variables that go into how many people get hired are many. One of the major variables are the people on the list and the different levels of desire, effort and preparation people put forth for all facets of the hiring process. It seems to me that there is vary little one can do in predicting what's going to happen with hiring. I never would have thought that many of us would have gone from being a several weeks away from being hired to still waiting nearly five years later. But here we are. Keeping up pushing forward and never give up.
    Very inspiring. Well said. Thumbs up brother!

  16. #13941
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Very inspiring. Well said. Thumbs up brother!
    Sister, I thought Minerva was a she. Anyways, well said.....

  17. #13942
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Sister, I thought Minerva was a she. Anyways, well said.....
    You are indeed correct, as "Minerva" was the Roman goddess of wisdom. However, I am no goddness of wisdom, but rather, just a regular guy. Minerva just happens to be where I'm from and learned much about variety of things before moving to pursue my dreams here in the "big city."

    Also - hope you are enjoying your time learning the trade of trades at the academy!

  18. #13943
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    You are indeed correct, as "Minerva" was the Roman goddess of wisdom. However, I am no goddness of wisdom, but rather, just a regular guy. Minerva just happens to be where I'm from and learned much about variety of things before moving to pursue my dreams here in the "big city."

    Also - hope you are enjoying your time learning the trade of trades at the academy!
    I am, and the days are just flying by now. Hopefully you wil be in the same boat soon.....

  19. #13944
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    Is all you think about $$ and hours? You are trying for all the wrong reasons.
    im sure nobody wants to pay into medical or have their length to get to top pay extended past 5 years. We would be better off getting in b4 they settle the contract so we are grandfathered into the old terms.

  20. #13945
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    im sure nobody wants to pay into medical or have their length to get to top pay extended past 5 years. We would be better off getting in b4 they settle the contract so we are grandfathered into the old terms.
    What are you worried about? This job is just a place to tread water until Suffolk PD calls, right?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  21. #13946
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Astoria
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Keep running fellas!
    Last edited by dwm326; 09-09-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    vekdoggs75 and FuDsNmYc like this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

  22. #13947
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    How many did they start with?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  23. #13948
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    How many did they start with?
    318 I believe.

  24. #13949
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Astoria
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Is anyone running the Tunnel to Towers on the 29th? I just registered. If anyone is going to do it, PM me and maybe we can meet up.
    mocon337 likes this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

  25. #13950
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Hey River6019, did you get your CPAT notice ? I am trying to figure out up to what list number they have reached. The last reported list# for CPAT on this forum is in the 1100s.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 7 guests)

  1. MikeLarryM35

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register