Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 559 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 594595095495565575585595605615625696096591059 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,180 of 23939
Like Tree9376Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by marc3071 View Post
    Guys are on the Phs back and they havent even done one class yet! Everyone who has been given a pass has been an OC!
    Those OCs at the very least scored well enough on the written to get into the academy on their own merit. In other words, they earned the right to try. PHs didn't pass the exam, and are only hired because of some BS lawsuit. Therefore, and I realize you'll never admit it, PHs have NO RIGHT to be at the Rock in this next class, and SHOULD NOT have been hired at all. At least the people who passed the test in the first place were the ones being pushed through before this nonsense.

And, just for the record, the individual I was talking about is DEFINITELY in one of the groups of people the EEO office and City Hall like to crow about putting on the job in greater numbers, and was still given the job after they fired other people who may or may not have been of the same ethnicity or gender who could not perform the tasks this individual failed to perform. I'll leave it at that.
    My1Goal and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

The first class was all ems promos. That list is not open competitive.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Because they failed the written 10 years ago. ^^^ I find it pretty amazing that you don't realize that.
    He realizes it; he's just not going to address it. Don't waste any more time on him.
    FDsouthbxNY and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Maybe some of these people who are so pro PH can give up their spots so that more PH's can be hired.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

How long are you guys resting periods between workouts? I usually take off weekends but for the pass month I pretty much been working out everyday. While doing this I injured both shoulders and right knee. To make it even worse, I got five stitches in my right palm last week. I decided to take two weeks off, which helped a lot for my shoulders and knee but I feel tried, lazy, and just not motivated to workout. Anyway, today would be my first day back into my workout routine but I am dreading the sore body, and the feeling of starting over again to regain my strength, stamina, and endurance.

Forum Member

Does anyone here run any road races to see where their times are at? If so what are you current best times?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    Does anyone here run any road races to see where their times are at? If so what are you current best times?
    I ran 2 races in may and for my 10k i ran a 7:26 and for the Brooklyn Half i ran a 8:35. A little disappointing on the half based off the 10k but all in all, pretty happy...
    Test # 2000
    Score # 101
    List # 19XX
    Intake 3/5/14
    CPAT 3/27/14
    Medical 7/23/14

Forum Member

So when do we find out the ratio's for this next class and how long its gonna take to get down the list. I am feeling extra depressed today and need some healthy speculation.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So when do we find out the ratio's for this next class and how long its gonna take to get down the list. I am feeling extra depressed today and need some healthy speculation.
    Probably won't know anything until this July class goes in. I'm sure each and everyone of us have heard the numbers being thrown around pertaining to how many PH's have made it through every step of the process thus far. I won't mention the numbers because we have no idea how accurate any of them are. I think a week ago JerkAlert posted what the current EMT promo numbers are, I don't remember the exact numbers but his posts shouldn't be that far back.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/bad...IN0lmDvD2RXgRJ

Just a discussion piece.

I saw this on my Facebook as I was ready to go into NYC this week and try to visit a FH lol.

I figured the FDNY groupie would have gone the way of the dinosaur much like support for troops, and the ammt of American flags and patriotism
    As more time past since the tragedy.

How do you guys on the job view this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Interesting! How long has this been going on?
    Almostthere was trying to pm you not working anyways.
    It have been going on before this whole lawsuit even happen. But some of the guys up here will make you believe that they are only pushing blacks and females which is so not true.

On a better note just wanted to know if you receive your email about the list. It's the PH list. It was to come out on June 5 but investigator said it was push back until the 17th she was not 100% sure of the date but that the date she have for now. she inform me that all my paper work was process and she didn't need anything else from me. She also inform me that I will receive a letter in the mail for the 1.5 run and that Ph have priority over promotion and oc list. I told her i thought it was Pro,Ph,OC and she said NO Ph have priority. She said the July class will be made up of mostly PH and pro. So taking from what I was told a lot of PH did in deed pass.

Ps. I will take getting a low mark on a test over getting push threw the academy. The test you take for the fire department don't have much to do with the job. The academy do...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Almostthere was trying to pm you not working anyways.
    It have been going on before this whole lawsuit even happen. But some of the guys up here will make you believe that they are only pushing blacks and females which is so not true.

On a better note just wanted to know if you receive your email about the list. It's the PH list. It was to come out on June 5 but investigator said it was push back until the 17th she was not 100% sure of the date but that the date she have for now. she inform me that all my paper work was process and she didn't need anything else from me. She also inform me that I will receive a letter in the mail for the 1.5 run and that Ph have priority over promotion and oc list. I told her i thought it was Pro,Ph,OC and she said NO Ph have priority. She said the July class will be made up of mostly PH and pro. So taking from what I was told a lot of PH did in deed pass.

Ps. I will take getting a low mark on a test over getting push threw the academy. The test you take for the fire department don't have much to do with the job. The academy do...
    Well..it's through.. Not threw.

And it's does not, or doesn't..

And it's does..not do.

Call me silly but I'd rather have someone pushed THROUGH the academy.. Who can write and speak English properly.. Maybe you should consider spell check, or maybe taking some English classes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Well..it's through.. Not threw.

And it's does not, or doesn't..

And it's does..not do.

Call me silly but I'd rather have someone pushed THROUGH the academy.. Who can write and speak English properly.. Maybe you should consider spell check, or maybe taking some English classes.
    Ok thanks... When I am in the academy come July I will pm you some of my work so you can spell check it for me while you wait for them to call you. You have nothing better to say so you look for things to pick at. No English is not my first language I speak it well sorry if my grammar is not up to your standard.

Ps. Just a FYI all Ph will be getting paid top pay the start of the academy not After the academy. That's somthing else you guys can hate on.
    Last edited by Whymetoo; 06-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Forum Member

Ohhhhhhh....he said yo momma whymetoo. Get ready for that and 10x worse when the guys at the house
    Find out you got an easy ride in. The academy's gonna be nothing compared to the *** whooping the PH's are gonna receive afterwards. And make no mistake, they'll know who you are.

Forum Member

Yes, I received the email. My investigator actually wanted me to forward her the email so that she can conduct her own research why the list didn't come out on June 5th. Great to hear that your paperwork is completed and a lot of PH are on their way to the academy. I can sense that this class is going to be crazy!! Anyway, stay fit physically and mentally and in due time, we will be firefighters!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update, ONE!!

Forum Member

Yes, I received the email. My investigator actually wanted me to forward her the email so that she can conduct her own research why the list didn't come out on June 5th. Great to hear that your paperwork is completed and a lot of PH are on their way to the academy. I can sense that this class is going to be crazy!! Anyway, stay fit physically and mentally and in due time, we will be firefighters!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update, ONE!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    Ohhhhhhh....he said yo momma whymetoo. Get ready for that and 10x worse when the guys at the house
    Find out you got an easy ride in. The academy's gonna be nothing compared to the *** whooping the PH's are gonna receive afterwards. And make no mistake, they'll know who you are.
    So now I'm going to get a *** whooping. Did someone tell you this or is this how you feel? Anyways I really don't care how you or any one in the firehouse feel about how I got the job. It's what I do onces I'm on the job that counts for me. So all this bs you guys talk about don't faze me at all. What ever happens I'm ready for it. It will not stop me from doing my job.

Forum Member

Ok thanks... When I am in the academy come July I will pm you some of my work so you can spell check it for me while you wait for them to call you. You have nothing better to say so you look for things to pick at. No English is not my first language I speak it well sorry if my grammar is not up to your standard.

Ps. Just a FYI all Ph will be getting paid top pay the start of the academy not After the academy. That's somthing else you guys can hate on.
    Congrats bro! You deserve it!
    Last edited by vekdoggs75; 06-10-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

Ok thanks... When I am in the academy come July I will pm you some of my work so you can spell check it for me while you wait for them to call you. You have nothing better to say so you look for things to pick at.

Not really concerned with how much PH get paid.. I'm not even concerned about how much I get paid.

I'm not doing it for the money...I'd do it for free..

And that's great you will be in the academy in July.. How long did it take? 8-10 years?

And on a closing note.. I could care less about your grammar..or what you scored on a test..I just don't like people who come on here and brag about something they didn't work for..

Maybe you should be humble and greatful that you got the opportunity of a lifetime.. You found your golden ticket..

And maybe you should show just a little bit of respect for the guys who should've have been hired off of 6019 but weren't..people who took the test prep classes.. Studied. Ate, slept, and breathed FDNY..but got shafted...

And you should most deff show some respect for the senior men in here who have been crawling down smoke filled hall ways and will be the ones responsible for keeping YOU alive..you know how people feel about the whole PH situation instead of proving the nay-Sayers wrong you come on here and poke the bear then you get butt hurt when someone doesn't bow down to you...

YOU and YOUR attitude is what gives these PHs who maybe are taking this seriously, and who will be good, or great FFs a bad name. 1 bad apple ruins the bunch, but why would you care about someone else? That's not what this job is about.. That's not what you're opportunity is about...right? It's about making more money.. Having seniority..getting benifits..and cutting off men and women of any race just so as long as you get what you're entitled to.. Right?

Forum Member

Boy I have to tell you, I haven't been more disgusted with this thread than I am right now. This is specicifically for these two morons boasting about the entire ph situation. I hope you guys realize there are guys I know personally on this thread who joined a branch of the armed forces and ended up going and fighting for this country for the SOLE purpose of receiving 5 extra points on the firefighter exam because their only dream/goal in life was to become a NYC Firefighter, these guys are now in position to get hired and will eventually be hired. These guys EARNED their way on, you guys did earn jack. One other thing, you guys seem to have a sense of pride about being a PH, you come on an internet forum boasting about top pay and how you have priority when it comes to hiring over everybody else, I just have one thing to say to you, I hope you have that same pride about being a PH when you walk through that firehouse door for the first time. You come on an internet forum acting like a hot shot but I can guarantee you won't be bragging about it in the kitchen.
    FDsouthbxNY and NYPDtoFD like this.

Thread Information