Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 562 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 624625125525595605615625635645655726126621062 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,240 of 23221
Like Tree9091Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    The fact that you are here is provoking negative attention. The forum thread is titled "list 2000". Nobody here really wants to here from someone who is not on the job already, or a part of this list. You are better off seeking advice from candidates who are in the same boat as you and can relate to your situation. Until we are working on the same job, you are someone I am hoping does not get to take one of the very limited spots I have been trying to secure for the past 8 or so yrs.
    If you guys don't want PH on the forum why ask question about the ph. Last time i check this is a public forum so all is welcome. Every one talk about how we are going to get treated in the academy but no one up here is in the academy but a handle ful. If that your view about PH don't assume every one in the fh feel the same way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    I've said this once before: the two PH clowns are getting a kick out of breaking your *****. Stop answering them, and definitely stop offering training advice. The City is going to make sure they get everything they need to pass; don't make this whole thing worse by treating them like they belong.

And for the two clowns in question who seem so smug about money and seniority, chew on this. EVERY proby starts in the sink and at the bottom. You'll be no different and I promise you, we're waiting for just one tiny little slip up before we destroy you. Because some lefty judge told you you'll have 10 years seniority for pay, benefits and retirement DOES NOT mean you'll be treated like you actually have 10 years on the job. You have two options: shut up about being a PH, work hard, do the right thing and you'll have a great career. Keep running off at the mouth and make the mistake of thinking you're not the junior men on the job and that you don't have to play the game same as the rest of us did, and you will know misery at work like you've never known. You have EARNED nothing; you're being GIVEN everything. Remember that.
    This is not about money or seniority. This is about every time a ph write something on this forum someone have something to say. Every time soneone don't agree with your point a view you are ready to bash them. I don't think you are going to last with your attitude. I hope you are not that type of person who will lost their job because of somthing you write or say. At the end of the day it not worth it. Use that hate you have for the ph to work harder to get the job not lose it. Like someone up here said anything can happen we can lose everything even the job with the 2 court ruling. You talk about MM but he on the job already. You are not so why not take your own advice and respect him. I know I was giving a second chance and I don't take it for granted.

MembersZone Subscriber

Not too suprised your defending the PH's considering you come from the backdoor promo list. Cant blame you for taking that route because everyone has the opportunity to do it that way, but when you are on the OC list, competing with tens of thousands of people gives you a real excuse to "grow tired" of people who take spots from you without scoring higher/ or earning the extrapoints the hard way. To be honest I grew tired of ems promos as soon as I heard the first class was exclusive to promos. Thats life though, some people earn it, while some people take advantage of the system. No fault of yours MM, just a fault of the system imho. The PH list is a different animal altogether though. If I was you I would have forgotten about this forum as soon as I stepped onto the rock for my first day. Good luck and be safe.
    The only "backdoor" to this job is the one the PHs are using. EMS guys spend at least 2 years elbow deep in blood, puke, phlegm and s&*t for crap money before they get promoted. They most definitely earn their promotions. I get that it's frustrating to wait on the OC list after doing well on the tests, but the EMS guys aren't the enemy here. They did their time.

MembersZone Subscriber

double post....

Forum Member

Wow, just WOW!!! Hey gentlemen we are all grown ups here, can we start by using proper english sentences?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    This is not about money or seniority. This is about every time a ph write something on this forum someone have something to say. Every time soneone don't agree with your point a view you are ready to bash them. I don't think you are going to last with your attitude. I hope you are not that type of person who will lost their job because of somthing you write or say. At the end of the day it not worth it. Use that hate you have for the ph to work harder to get the job not lose it. Like someone up here said anything can happen we can lose everything even the job with the 2 court ruling. You talk about MM but he on the job already. You are not so why not take your own advice and respect him. I know I was giving a second chance and I don't take it for granted.
    I have you on ignore but I'm pretty glad I got curious enough to check your post, because there's two things you need to know:

1. I'm on the job and have been five years longer than MM; this was established something like 150 pages ago, but I forgot that I wasn't dealing with someone who could pass the simple reading comprehension section of the exam.

2. Your pidgin English and grammar skills and apparent inability to comprehend what you're reading go a long way towards explaining the fact that you were unable to score high enough on the exam to get on in the first place. You're doing nothing more by continuing to post than supporting the argument that you were too stupid and unmotivated to study hard the first time around.

OK, back to ignoring you.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post
    Wow, just WOW!!! Hey gentlemen we are all grown ups here, can we start by using proper english sentences?
    His grasp on the English language is breathtaking, isn't it?

Forum Member

How is everyone doing on their cardio?

Forum Member

Ran a 5:50 mile this morning, then ran a slow mile immediately after at about an 8:00 minute pace, followed by 5- 1/4 mi repeats, 5 - 1:00 minute sprints with 30 second rest between efforts and 5 hill sprints.

Probably a 3 mile tomorrow followed by the stepmill or some hills.

How about you? What have you been up to?

Forum Member

If anyone is interested I can post my cardio workouts. My dad is a track coach and he has me doing interval training to bring down my mile times. Just so you guys know(couple weeks ago) I was doing 2.5 miles in 20mins and hurting. Today I did 2.5 in 19 and was feeling just fine.
    vekdoggs75 and FdnytolifeE293 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    If anyone is interested I can post my cardio workouts. My dad is a track coach and he has me doing interval training to bring down my mile times. Just so you guys know(couple weeks ago) I was doing 2.5 miles in 20mins and hurting. Today I did 2.5 in 19 and was feeling just fine.

I'd definitely be interested.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    Ran a 5:50 mile this morning, then ran a slow mile immediately after at about an 8:00 minute pace, followed by 5- 1/4 mi repeats, 5 - 1:00 minute sprints with 30 second rest between efforts and 5 hill sprints.

Probably a 3 mile tomorrow followed by the stepmill or some hills.

How about you? What have you been up to?
    Its really embarrassing for me, how slow I am saying I use to do 3 miles in under 18.

**** IT! Ill just post my workouts for everyone

I hope this helps anyone who is at about my running times for 2.5 miles which was at a 8min pace(2.5 miles in 20 min) *I will be adding step-mill in the upcoming week.

Please note: 400m is one lap on most tracks

Day 1)800m warm up
    eight 400m at 90seconds (rest 2:30)
    800m cool down

2) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout

3) 2.5 miles(easy). six 50m strides *my father described strides as 80% of ur spirit.* Rest on strides is walk back to start

4) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout

5) 4000m or 2.5 miles in 18:59 finished twenty minutes of running so 4200m in 19:57 (This is a 7:40 pace)

6) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout

7) 1200m warm up
    twelve 200m in 40s (rest 1:45)
    1200m cool down

I can continue to post my workouts as my father gives them to me, if you guys are interested if not, Ill just STFU lol...

Forum Member

its really embarrassing for me, how slow i am saying i use to do 3 miles in under 18.

**** it! Ill just post my workouts for everyone

i hope this helps anyone who is at about my running times for 2.5 miles which was at a 8min pace(2.5 miles in 20 min) *i will be adding step-mill in the upcoming week.

day 1)800m warm up
    800m cool down

3) 2.5 miles(easy). Six 50m strides *my father described strides as 80% of ur spirit.* rest on strides is walk back to start

5) 4000m or 2.5 miles in 18:59 finished twenty minutes of running so 4200m in 19:57 (this is a 7:40 pace)

7) 1200m warm up
    1200m cool down

i can continue to post my workouts as my father gives them to me, if you guys are interested if not, ill just stfu lol...
    that would be awesome. Any help would be appreciated

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    Don't blame MM for being on the promo list. He didnt break any rules or sue the city, he played by the same rules as everyone that took the test. Everyone that's not within reach on this list and really wants to be a ff should apply for ems and serve the city for years just for a chance at the acdemey
    Don't get me wrong i'm not blaming MM or anyone on ems promo list. That is an opportunity open for everyone to take advantage of, and the ones who go on that way are smart for guaranteeing themselves a route around the OC test. I just don't think being ems should get you crack at a job before all vets, legacy, and people who ace the test. But it does, and that's life, and I am wasting my time typing this right now.

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't get me wrong i'm not blaming MM or anyone on ems promo list. That is an opportunity open for everyone to take advantage of, and the ones who go on that way are smart for guaranteeing themselves a route around the OC test. I just don't think being ems should get you crack at a job before all vets, legacy, and people who ace the test. But it does, and that's life, and I am wasting my time typing this right now.
    EMS are FDNY employees. Like I said before, they've served the Department under less than favorable circumstance while being paid a fraction of what one would need to rent a studio apartment in NYC. They deserve first crack and that's why they get it. While I'm a combat vet and was never in EMS, I accept and agree with them being hired first. Never did understand the stigma attached to being hired off the promotional list.

Forum Member

What's up guys? Talking about cardio training. Anybody out there struggling with the 1.5mile time? I've been running consistently since January and have made major improvements in my times and distance. Just doesnt come easy for me at all. Any tips for a bigger guy, 6'2" 220lb guy who isn't a natural runner? For what it's worth, I can Deadlift and squat plenty, not that matters with this...lol

Forum Member

Its really embarrassing for me, how slow I am saying I use to do 3 miles in under 18.

**** IT! Ill just post my workouts for everyone

I hope this helps anyone who is at about my running times for 2.5 miles which was at a 8min pace(2.5 miles in 20 min) *I will be adding step-mill in the upcoming week.

Day 1)800m warm up
    800m cool down

3) 2.5 miles(easy). six 50m strides *my father described strides as 80% of ur spirit.* Rest on strides is walk back to start

5) 4000m or 2.5 miles in 18:59 finished twenty minutes of running so 4200m in 19:57 (This is a 7:40 pace)

7) 1200m warm up
    1200m cool down

I can continue to post my workouts as my father gives them to me, if you guys are interested if not, Ill just STFU lol...
    Thanks for sharing that man. Looks awesome! Must be pretty sweet having your Pop be a track coach!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    EMS are FDNY employees. Like I said before, they've served the Department under less than favorable circumstance while being paid a fraction of what one would need to rent a studio apartment in NYC. They deserve first crack and that's why they get it. While I'm a combat vet and was never in EMS, I accept and agree with them being hired first. Never did understand the stigma attached to being hired off the promotional list.
    I knew a guy who is a LT for FDNY ems..he told me some pretty rough stories...and I knew another guy who worked for Maimonides hospital(sp?)

I tried doing ride alongs on a bus after I got my EMT.. Couldn't do it..stopped after I saw a naked 60 year old 90 pound cancer patient...

EMS gets my respect..some people don't know what a crew goes through in a major urban area.. Sleeping in the bus, non-stop runs, up and down multiple flights of stairs with a obese PT...for peanuts..

Forum Member

2 questions for you MM:

1. You mentioned early and late shifts. What are the 2 shifts? Would it be split by squad? Just thinking about carpool arrangements and wondering if it's best to carpool with someone in your squad due to this switch back and forth from early to late shift.

2. The remedial PT and extra hands on work. Is that built into the day, or is that something you stay after the normal day to be a part of?

Forum Member

Same here I'd definitely be interested. Just got back from 2 mile run/25 minute swim/2 mile run. If you can get to a pool I highly recommend this. It kicks your *** pretty good.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Thread Information