Like Tree9604Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    jmarq,

I keep forgetting that others haven't been following the process as close as I have for the past years because I want this job really really bad.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...1202000000.pdf

Hope the top link helps! Good luck!
    It's cool, I understand.. Thanks

Good luck to you too bro!
    Exam: 2000
    List:12xx
    Grade: 102

Forum Member

Thanks for the rapid reply. I was away at a nursing seminar so was unable to respond right away. And yes, I'm looking foward to this pay cut as well. Thanks again and good luck.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Thanks for the rapid reply. I was away at a nursing seminar so was unable to respond right away. And yes, I'm looking foward to this pay cut as well. Thanks again and good luck.
    I'm sorry but I had to post this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEMiIEd6W-c

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I'm sorry but I had to post this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEMiIEd6W-c
    Well played vekdoggs75, well played. Lol. Hey I really enjoy it. I work at the VA and I'm able to take care of veterans. I can not think of a more deserving population. But yes I'm the only guy on my floor, mind you that is no complaint - if anything I prefer it this way :-)
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Well played vekdoggs75, well played. Lol. Hey I really enjoy it. I work at the VA and I'm able to take care of veterans. I can not think of a more deserving population. But yes I'm the only guy on my floor, mind you that is no complaint - if anything I prefer it this way :-)
    That is awesome....For the specific service you do as well as your coworkers.
    Medic2312 and jmarq like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    That is awesome....For the specific service you do as well as your coworkers.
    I'm actually getting ready to do my clinicals for nursing haha so i hope to do both if i can part time nurse and full time FD if possible.. well see good to know there are other male nurses out there going for FD! Good luck!!
    Medic2312 likes this.
    List:12xx
    Grade: 102

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmarq View Post
    I'm actually getting ready to do my clinicals for nursing haha so i hope to do both if i can part time nurse and full time FD if possible.. well see good to know there are other male nurses out there going for FD! Good luck!!
    That's fantastic brother. I remember those days.. Haha. Actually not so long ago. Remember there is no shame in not knowing something you can always ask and look it up. Check, double check and triple check EVERYTHING. And WASH you're hands, you'd be appalled at the amount of "professionals" whom seem to forget this. Yup, it'll be nice having other nurses hopefully in my probie class. Keep studying and training.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Does more than one W2, From different employers count as more than one form of proof?
    ? any one? sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Congrats to all the guys getting packets. It's an exciting time.

For the guys in my range; (Finished with medical,psych and just waiting on the run)

Have any of your references received anything in the mail yet? Mine have not.

And has anyone gotten the 100% green light from their investigator yet? I have not yet.
    I completed everything back in June. I called my investigator a couple of times to check in and both times he basically just checked to make sure I had all my paperwork in order. Beyond that, nothing exciting. I don't know if it's because of the situation with this list or just variances in investigators, but my investigator back in 2008 was more friendly and forthcoming.

All of my references received that form they had us put the address on like a month or so after I met my investigator.

For everyone asking about residency and such, simply read every document you get carefully, including the NOE and do what the documents tell you to do. Don't overthink whats written. If you're not sure, bring whatever documents you have and your investigator will sort it out and give you direction and guide you to the best path. I'm of the opinion that its best to be prepared with more than they ask for, in case you need it. My experience is that the best approach with all of this is to read carefully, listen carefully, follow directions carefull and it goes pretty smoothly.

Continued success to everyone.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

Odds of doing nursing school and completing it after a few years in the FDNY....

Forum Member

? any one? sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Hey buddy I'm going to answer so you won't think everyone ignoring the question ... I'm not 100% sure I'm assuming it would be like the credit cards statements two cards count as two two w2 count as 2 ... Bring everything you got !!!!

Forum Member

Sorry to divert- in case anybody's interested:

The 6th Annual Lt. John Martinson Memorial Picnic is this Saturday - Sept. 14th from 12-6pm at the Hillside Swim Club on SI, NY. Come out for a great day honoring "Johnny Nice Guy". If you can't attend, perhaps you'll consider making a donation? Your contribution helps people in need. Since it's inception, the foundation has distributed thousands of dollars to Hurricane Sandy victims, The Wounded Warriors, The Burn Center of NYC, Stephen Siller Foundation etc.... & we also purchased a van for the FDNY Family Transport. www.JohnMartinsonMemorialFoundation.org

Always a good time, and a real good cause. Enjoy your weekend!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Just received my packet from CID (Candidate Investigation Division)! This is two days after receiving my CPAT orientation letter.
    Score: 102
    List #: 9xx
    Investigation: 10/03/2013
    Physical: TBA
    Psychological: TBA
    Medical: TBA

Forum Member

Does more than one W2, From different employers count as more than one form of proof?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Hey buddy I'm going to answer so you won't think everyone ignoring the question ... I'm not 100% sure I'm assuming it would be like the credit cards statements two cards count as two two w2 count as 2 ... Bring everything you got !!!!
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if your talking about residency then I believe the W2s count as one form of proof. You need W2s for a full year to count as one form, regardless of how my employers make up that year of W2s. Same goes for credit card statement, you need a full year of statements to count as one form of proof. The NOE states that you need "THREE of the following," which infers that you need 3 different types of proof, not 3 different W2s or something like that.

If im reading into this wrong or if yor talking about something else then someone please correct me.

Forum Member

Operation mail box watch day 4
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Hey guys, quick question regarding the cpat orientations. What would the dress code be like for them ? Would we dress the same for LIC and the rock ? Thanks for any info.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Operation mail box watch day 4
    So this is what Im thinking while I take care of my son this morning....

320 - 100 ( recycle, ph, overseas, etc) = 220

Hey there's nothing wrong with being optimistic
    So 220 x 5.5 = 1210 O_o what you guys think ??? Can I get a free round ifs numbers are close ?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

So W2's can count as one residency? Cuz that'll be my third then

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    Hey guys, quick question regarding the cpat orientations. What would the dress code be like for them ? Would we dress the same for LIC and the rock ? Thanks for any info.
    From my understanding, I'm regards to everything related to the CPAT, it's sweats and long sleeve shirt(workout clothes) for everything except the first day at the rock which is suit.

Forum Member

So 220 x 5.5 = 1210 O_o what you guys think ??? Can I get a free round ifs numbers are close ?
    I'd be pretty shocked if we only get 220 from the OC list this winter. To my understanding (and its been a while since we've had any update on this) they have gone through basically every PH and EMS promo the could. Depending on how the ratio hiring rule works for the Hispanic guys left on the PH list, I think we figured 64 was the MAX they could put in this class with no black PHs left. And I don't think there are even that many left. The only other significant variable would be people who recycled and since PHs can only recycle due to a serious medical issue I cant imagine that number being very high.

I would guess we get closer to 260 people from the OC list next class but honestly who knows what shenanigans the Vulkans pull with getting PH drop outs another shot.
    Dannypanigale likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Haha, maybe 220 from OC list is about right... But no way they have a ratio of 1:5.5.... Unless a lot of guys can't get all the proofs (residency, military, etc), not in shape, moved on, etc... I think a lof of guys though have everything in order and this is the ultimate dream. I'd be very surprised if it takes 5.5 people to get one candidate, but who knows

Should be interesting to see how the next class or two rolls out...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    From my understanding, I'm regards to everything related to the CPAT, it's sweats and long sleeve shirt(workout clothes) for everything except the first day at the rock which is suit.
    Sorry to harp on this (and with my first post, no less!), but when you say "first day at the rock" I assume you're talking about the investigation? I am schedule for CPAT training at the rock next saturday, and don't want to be "that guy".

Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I'd be pretty shocked if we only get 220 from the OC list this winter. To my understanding (and its been a while since we've had any update on this) they have gone through basically every PH and EMS promo the could. Depending on how the ratio hiring rule works for the Hispanic guys left on the PH list, I think we figured 64 was the MAX they could put in this class with no black PHs left. And I don't think there are even that many left. The only other significant variable would be people who recycled and since PHs can only recycle due to a serious medical issue I cant imagine that number being very high.

I would guess we get closer to 260 people from the OC list next class but honestly who knows what shenanigans the Vulkans pull with getting PH drop outs another shot.
    Even better if 260 can make it from the oc ... I wish there was a way or law to have the Vulcans stay away in any form of contact from candidates from the oc list... And I only say this because we all know there's a lot of candidates that are being baby-sited by them

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    Haha, maybe 220 from OC list is about right... But no way they have a ratio of 1:5.5.... Unless a lot of guys can't get all the proofs (residency, military, etc), not in shape, moved on, etc... I think a lof of guys though have everything in order and this is the ultimate dream. I'd be very surprised if it takes 5.5 people to get one candidate, but who knows

Should be interesting to see how the next class or two rolls out...
    Ultimate dream ??? You'd be surprised. Lets see how this turns out ... Jäger bombs on you if the ratio 5.5 or higher ?
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

Correct. Orientation at the rock either suit or khakis and collar shirt. Just look neat

Forum Member

Thanks for the info. I thought so , but just wanted to make sure.

Thread Information