Like Tree9504Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered recently guys/gals,

Does anyone know what the plan is for people who took their medical in June with the assumption of the July class, but are now staring at the January class? Will we need to redo
    The whole medical process, or is there a mini medical
    to just make sure you haven't gotten fat? I asked my investigator, and she didn't know. She said she would find out and get back to me, so in the mean time, figured I woul reach out to you folks. Thank you.
    No mini medical. Your medical is good for one year. Your just waiting for your run letter.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

There will be recycles even for circumstances in the past that would not allow you to recycle.

I'm not friends with but personally know of people who have already been told they will be in the next class even though they quit the academy.

Sucks but truth.

Forum Member

Props to the probie up in the Bronx with 62 engine on the grab. 4 months out of the academy and has his first grab!
    NycQ83, coldblood92 and FFwnt2b like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    There will be recycles even for circumstances in the past that would not allow you to recycle.

I'm not friends with but personally know of people who have already been told they will be in the next class even though they quit the academy.

Sucks but truth.
    If they quit why are they going back ?

Ps ..no offense to you but Since they not your friends can you please tell them they pieces of S H I T !!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

!!!!!

Forum Member

yea I don't understand how and why something who didn't drop because of an injury or other certain circumstances, is allowed to come back and have second chance in the academy. Throughout the entire process all you here is be prepared or they drop you and take the next guy in line, and yet with recycling they seem so lenient.

Just venting here over guys recycling and the giants losing.
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

In refuse to believe that the guys quit and are allowed back.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    PLEASE HELP:

I have just received my package a few days ago and filled out the CPB booklet today..

1) Do you think this will be for the January class or july?

2) Im currently a city employee (DOC) I saw something in the instructions saying city employees don't have to fill out that questionnaire but need to fill something else out which was not included in the package..

3) Does my job have to give me the day off, aka official business to go to all my appointments if im working those days, or do I have to find a way to get the day off or use my own vacation time to take the days off... my job is telling me its on my time but they aren't sure.. I've heard from former city employees that the job has to give you official business and its on their time.
    Response to question three. While working for HRA (City job), I was able to use city time, while going back and forward for interviews with NYPD. It also said in my hiring package, if going on an interview or taking any days off dealing with city involvement, I can use city time Instead of my Comp/annual leave.

Forum Member

I meant to say I*

Forum Member

I noticed someone mentioning that you need a DMV abstract printout, is that true ? I didn't see that on the list of documents required at the interview. Also is a High School Diploma required if my sealed college transcript is sent to them ? If yes, is the diploma paper that was given to me at graduation sufficient or does it have to be sealed and sent from the school ? In addition to the High School Diploma, do we need a High School Transcript ? Can someone please clarify this for me.

Thank you
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Hey guys, question about the Detailed Earnings statement. If I'm under 21 can I just have a notarized letter that my parents supported me for the last 5 years instead of going to the SSO to actually get that paperwork? Also, it says college transcripts must be mailed directly to them. Should I do that before my intake interview or should I just pick up an official seal copy and see if that will do?

Edit: Well I found out that you cannot go to a SSO to pick up a detailed earnings statement. It says you have to fill out a form and mail it to them but it will take 4 months to receive a reply. What am I supposed to do as an alternative considering my Intake is less than 2 weeks away?
    Last edited by DedicatedAmbition; 09-15-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    No mini medical. Your medical is good for one year. Your just waiting for your run letter.
    Cool. Thank you! And thanks to everyone else who answered. Fingers crossed for January. I don't normally like to say good luck. Instead I say make your own luck with the same intent as good luck, so, to everyone on here, make your own luck!

Forum Member

Got an interesting email earlier today. I got an email from the FDNY Hispanic society, and there was some info about Hispanic firefighters who were going to be marching in bunker gear in an upcoming parade. I am Hispanic and I have successfully passed everything so far (I am just waiting for the letter for the 1.5 mile run), but why would they be sending this to me? I'm not a firefighter yet lol, how did they get my email address?
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    I noticed someone mentioning that you need a DMV abstract printout, is that true ? I didn't see that on the list of documents required at the interview. Also is a High School Diploma required if my sealed college transcript is sent to them ? If yes, is the diploma paper that was given to me at graduation sufficient or does it have to be sealed and sent from the school ? In addition to the High School Diploma, do we need a High School Transcript ? Can someone please clarify this for me.

Thank you
    No HS transcript, just the paper diploma. Bring original, and make copies there, don't just bring a copy. DMV abstract is needed, just go to DMV and get one printed
    Jackooze likes this.

Forum Member

And for the detailed earning statement you can just walk into the SSO you fill out the paper give them a credit card and they print it for you right there.

Done it twice now.

Forum Member

And for the detailed earning statement you can just walk into the SSO you fill out the paper give them a credit card and they print it for you right there.

Done it twice now.
    I was looking all over online and I was under the impression that they don't do it that way anymore. Thanks for the info though, I'll be sure to do that asap.

Forum Member

I am looking to invest in a weighted vest for CPAT and the Medical. I found the perfect vest because it has a 50lb base weight vest with a 25lb attachment. The Price is $275. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative? The link to the vest that I am looking to buy is below. Thanks

http://www.weightvest.com/75-lb-v-fo...ted-vest-short

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    John - don't think its a big deal.. did they ask you to submit the letter?
    They didn't ask for the letter, but just the fact that they ask about this worries me. I don't have a bad past no drugs or criminal record, just pd said they don't think my personality meets the unique demands of the job. but the fact that they ASK about this has me alittle worried

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    I was looking all over online and I was under the impression that they don't do it that way anymore. Thanks for the info though, I'll be sure to do that asap.
    I just did it this past Friday no questions asked. You just can't pay cash it has to be credit or money order.

You can save yourself a little time by printing the form out and filling it out but doesn't make a difference.

I went to the one out in mineola, may be a bit of a drive but its always pretty quick, for a SSO, and hassle free.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I am looking to invest in a weighted vest for CPAT and the Medical. I found the perfect vest because it has a 50lb base weight vest with a 25lb attachment. The Price is $275. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative? The link to the vest that I am looking to buy is below. Thanks

Look up zfo sports. They have an amazon store and an ebay store. I got mine from their ebay store because for whatever reason the shipping from their ebay store was much cheaper. I got the 70 lbs vest I think for $120 with shipping.
    DannyD0pe likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Called CID and my packet was sent out and to the right address so it looks like I just have to play the waiting game. They said if I don't receive it by the end of the month to call them back.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I just did it this past Friday no questions asked. You just can't pay cash it has to be credit or money order.

You can save yourself a little time by printing the form out and filling it out but doesn't make a difference.

I went to the one out in mineola, may be a bit of a drive but its always pretty quick, for a SSO, and hassle free.
    Ok great, thanks for the info . I just wanted to clarify before I made the trip there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post

Try eBay that where I got mine. It was around $80.
    DannyD0pe likes this.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Called CID and my packet was sent out and to the right address so it looks like I just have to play the waiting game. They said if I don't receive it by the end of the month to call them back.
    Nice, hopefully you get it soon. Did you get any other info out of CID, I know their usually dying to give out info haha

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Nice, hopefully you get it soon. Did you get any other info out of CID, I know their usually dying to give out info haha
    They gave me the date of my interview. I didn't ask anything else.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    No HS transcript, just the paper diploma. Bring original, and make copies there, don't just bring a copy. DMV abstract is needed, just go to DMV and get one printed
    Although I already had my drivers abstract with me the day of the first interview, the investigator was able to sign into the DMV and bring it up on her screen so they are able to get it themselves.
    List # 2xx

Thread Information