Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 567 of 1158 FirstFirst ... 674675175575645655665675685695705776176671067 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,340 of 23155
Like Tree9078Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Thanks, Hope the ratio of people who aren't interested in the job is high.
    I even go to church to pray so this can become true !!!
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

what is the time for the 1 and a half? How long do we have to do it
    FDNY EXAM 2000
    Score: 100
    List Number: 22xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DREAMOFFDNY View Post
    what is the time for the 1 and a half? How long do we have to do it
    You have to be under 13 to get in the accedemy and under 12 to not be in remedial PT

Forum Member

You have to do in in under 13 to get in, under 12 to graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    yo you are running at exactly the pace I was. Did you get a chance to look at the post I put up about me doing interval training?

Today I did the 12 200m. Did them all in 40s or under.
    I did, and i am considering doing it except i dont have a track near by where i live.

What do you eat before you start each time for energy?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    Can somebody please state how many squad leaders are in each class....
    Well, using deductive reasoning..

The best span of control is said to be 5, which coincides with the average crew( before losing the 5th man) officer plus 4-5 guys =6 man squad.

However that would make 50 for a class.

But I'm sure someone OTJ or with more detailed knowledge can and will chime in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    I did, and i am considering doing it except i dont have a track near by where i live.

What do you eat before you start each time for energy?
    http://www.fooducate.com/app#page=pr...F-1231380C180E
    ^ I have this with unsweetened almond milk. Quick easy breakfast so I can be out the door; and doesn't make me feel heavy like eggs or something with dairy does
    Last edited by coldblood92; 06-13-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Forum Member

Any guys higher up on the list plan on applying for EMS in a few months?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Any guys higher up on the list plan on applying for EMS in a few months?
    I am taking my state certification exam August 15 and applying to FDNY ems September. I am going in with the bare minimum of a 70 being I have no other ems experience. I am hoping if something happens this time around, I am on ems before the next NOE for the promotional comes out. Anyone new to ems have an idea of a timeframe for someone with minimum qualifications for ems to getting into the academy? I'm hoping its within 2 years of applying.

Forum Member

i applied to ems in september and got a letter from them recently to take the physical and i received a base score of 70

Forum Member

I actually start the Ems academy on Monday. My list number for 2000 is under 800 but I figured it's good to get in the door and there's nothing wrong with a little extra pt to get me ready for the suppression side. We already have to wait until at least January and possibly next July if everyone passes the initial tests.

Forum Member

I got into EMS in just under a year but it was at the beginning of them going crazy hiring due to the EMS promos class so might be a little longer now that they've already put out 3 classes back to back with a 4th going in now.

Don't think any of the PT you'll get in the EMS academy will in anyway help or prepare you for anything whether it be fire or just general health. That's the nicest way I can say it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    Can somebody please state how many squad leaders are in each class....
    Each squad has a squad leader. There will be 12 squads.

Being a squad leader is an extra responsibility and a privilege. A privilege that can and has been taken away if that individual is not performing thier duties as a squad leader OR as a proby.

Forum Member

45 days until the next academy (as of now). Doesn't it seem like an eternity since we first got our scores?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    45 days until the next academy (as of now). Doesn't it seem like an eternity since we first got our scores?
    Yeah it does, especially when people are always asking you if you've heard anything yet and you have no update for them. I wouldn't be surprised if half the people I've told about the exam think I'm making it up at this point lol.
    NycQ83 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

So.....once again this thread has gone off the rails. I don't really have much to say in the way of news, but I have to get something off my chest.

First of all, between the new probies assigned to my company and those from the open competitive list that I've met I'm optimistic about the future of this job, despite the bad press and constant chattering involving court decisions. Sometimes reading the controversial news and msg. boards causes us to take too narrow a view of the future. Step back and see the big picture.

Okay, with that said I'd like to say something with regard to the Priority Hire situation. To those on that list I say this: My personal belief is that you do not deserve to be hired. As someone who was hired off of the lists in question I do not believe for a moment that the process was racially biased towards any one group. That aside, I can't fault someone for taking advantage of a closed door that was re-opened. I hope that those who'll make it onto this job from the PH list will feel humbled and fortunate to have been given this opportunity and will push themselves to no end to make the most of this situation. The firehouse is a true family and like a family it has highs and lows, but we all strive to make it the best place on earth. With that in mind, no one wants lingering animosity in their workplace. Every proby that walks into firehouse is going to have the same clean slate. The same opportunity to make the best first impression possible. You need to understand that no one is happy about the order of retro hiring. No one is ever going to accept that they worked for pennies for 5 years before reaching the salary you will receive on day one. You will never convince anyone that you deserve this. However, as a person and a proby, you will be judged as an individual. There is no reason that you can't walk into a company, make that place better and be the all-star proby that guys use as an example to future new firemen. Put aside any agenda, put aside the rhetoric of the Vulcan Society. They seek to divide, not unify. Enter this job in the mind-set of any new hire. This is not a court, there are no more entitlements. You'll have to earn your place from here on out.

Judging from this forum, some get this and some don't. Some are trying to work with one another and others are running to tell mommy about things they don't like. One attitude will get you very far in the firehouse, the other attitude will follow you around as a stain for your entire career.
    Last edited by FDsouthbxNY; 06-14-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    ffbam24, Sultan, mocon337 and 5 others like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Yeah it does, especially when people are always asking you if you've heard anything yet and you have no update for them. I wouldn't be surprised if half the people I've told about the exam think I'm making it up at this point lol.
    That question is becoming so irritating. Friends and family keep asking "so when are you getting called" like once or twice a week and I'm starting to feel the same as you man.
    J0hnnyb0y likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    That question is becoming so irritating. Friends and family keep asking "so when are you getting called" like once or twice a week and I'm starting to feel the same as you man.
    I find it annoying that usually no one who asks that question understands what is going on legally.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    it's always funny to see people's reactions when they find out how long I've been waiting (not just since I took 2000, just in general). Understandably, most people who have no desire to be a FF have no idea how long and drawn out the process is.

But for guys looking at Jan 14 we've already done about 97% of the waiting we'll have to do if we do make it through the whole process. I guess that's a positive?
    NycQ83 and J0hnnyb0y like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    it's always funny to see people's reactions when they find out how long I've been waiting (not just since I took 2000, just in general). Understandably, most people who have no desire to be a FF have no idea how long and drawn out the process is.

But for guys looking at Jan 14 we've already done about 97% of the waiting we'll have to do if we do make it through the whole process. I guess that's a positive?
    That's a fantastic feeling.

Thread Information