Like Tree9618Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

My license was suspended in 2011 for a speeding ticket in 2007 for going 135/50 zone. That's the only info listed on my DMV abstract record, Does anyone know if this will be an issue for me ?

I was stupid and young speeding on my motorcycle.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    My license was suspended in 2011 for a speeding ticket in 2007 for going 135/50 zone. That's the only info listed on my DMV abstract record, Does anyone know if this will be an issue for me ?

Wooaaaaa and you stopped ????? Jk lol
    TomFromQueens likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    He previously mentioned he did. He is in the 1200s.
    I have not received the packet yet. I've only gotten the LIC CPAT orientation letter and the Rock training session email (going this Saturday). I'm not worried about them not having my address or anything but I still plan on calling them today just in case.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Yeah that's no good. Your investigator has to mail blank forms to them and they complete it and mail it back.
    Ok thanks, what would you recommend i do? thanks
    Exam: 2000
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I have not received the packet yet. I've only gotten the LIC CPAT orientation letter and the Rock training session email (going this Saturday). I'm not worried about them not having my address or anything but I still plan on calling them today just in case.
    Yea I would call today. if you got the cpat stuff then you should get a packet. I don't think they would give you the physical without starting your investigation. I wouldn't be worried, they probably messed up, but I would give them a call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    Ok thanks, what would you recommend i do? thanks
    Some people have mention that they scanned everything. Ask around on here and maybe someone can email you new forms.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Yea I would call today. if you got the cpat stuff then you should get a packet. I don't think they would give you the physical without starting your investigation. I wouldn't be worried, they probably messed up, but I would give them a call.
    Just called investigations. She said they mailed it to me last Monday to the correct address so it should be there by now. Knowing my landlord its probably sitting on her table being ignored.
    vekdoggs75 and NycQ83 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Just called investigations. She said they mailed it to me last Monday to the correct address so it should be there by now. Knowing my landlord its probably sitting on her table being ignored.
    Well i have one set of the reference form that is blank, should i make copies? or just take what ever i have for the investigator next week? thanks
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Ask your landlord, that's what happened to me. My landlord went away for two weeks and put a hold on her mail. I was still getting my mail but when I came home there was a mountain of her mail rubber banded together and in the middle of it was my packet. You couldn't see my name, just the address, so the post office packed it in with her stuff.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

So I called the CID number for confirming the intake appointment to ask about rescheduling and they told me they only do Mon-Fri and it would have to be either 8am or 1pm which I was expecting after the responses I got on here. They also said I'd have to send an email explaining my situation to basically put the process on hold until I was able to make the appointments. I really don't want to do that, my current job is decent money but also dead end/ no benefits/ nights so I can't afford to pass up this opportunity. Hopefully this won't hold me up too much, good luck to those going through.

Forum Member

I'm dying of anxiety to know if the guys on 1300 would get run letters !!!! Can next year hurry up !! At this point I don't care to miss holidays !!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I'm dying of anxiety to know if the guys on 1300 would get run letters !!!! Can next year hurry up !! At this point I don't care to miss holidays !!!!
    Me too.. I wonder if its possible to complete the entire process in 3.5 months before the run...?

Forum Member

A few questions about the paperwork. In the past I've seen people mentions needing 5 years of W2's. I don't have the paperwork in front of me but I don't remember seeing that anywhere in there while looking it over. Do we still need 5 years worth, if so where in the paperwork does it say that. For the college transcripts, it says they have to be sent directly to CID from your college, unless I misread, even though I haven't met my investigator yet can I still get my transcripts sent over and and have that step out of the way ? Or do I have to wait to I know my investigators name and have them sent attn to ? And for our current residency we need three different sources going back the past 3 months ? I've read that on here but I don't recall seeing exactly how many months they wanted stated in the packet.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewSteveYork View Post
    Me too.. I wonder if its possible to complete the entire process in 3.5 months before the run...?
    I'm pretty sure it can be done .... I'm pretty sure once investigations start rolling and see more less what number of candidates they have and what number they need they'll start sending letters for the rest of the process

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by F_V_P View Post
    How do you plan on getting there. Maybe we could meet up.
    I'm taking the f to the 6 to m35
    It says on google maps it take 1h22m to there so I'll be leaving by 4

If that's not too late we can meet on the way, pm me

Forum Member

How do you plan on getting there. Maybe we could meet up.
    Just realized I replied thinking you were talking about today's CPAT orientation that's at 6pm

So I still dont know how I'm going on Saturday

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post

holy **** that's crazy. makes me feel better about my 52/30. You'll have to wait and see, but I bet you get by with it if its your only one. Why did it take 4 years for them to suspend your license?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hatefrost View Post
    Just realized I replied thinking you were talking about today's CPAT orientation that's at 6pm

So I still dont know how I'm going on Saturday
    It's all good. What borough are you coming from? I'm in Staten Island.
    Figured I'd take the ferry to hop on the 6 train get off at 125th and just walk over the bridge from there.
    List #: 9xx
    Investigation: 10/03/2013
    Physical: TBA
    Psychological: TBA
    Medical: TBA

Forum Member

It's all good. What borough are you coming from? I'm in Staten Island.
    Figured I'd take the ferry to hop on the 6 train get off at 125th and just walk over the bridge from there.
    I hopped on the m35 which was right there when I got out, on it now...but this doesn't seem like it's within walking distance, maybe jogging. But it's too late for me to go exploring got 25 minutes till it starts and I'm not even on the Island yet

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    holy **** that's crazy. makes me feel better about my 52/30. You'll have to wait and see, but I bet you get by with it if its your only one. Why did it take 4 years for them to suspend your license?
    I was with a few other bikes which were the ones going 135 and I was the slowest one out of the group going 110-115. So Highway Patrol pinned it on me because I was the one that stopped. I hired a lawyer and his bright idea was to postpone the ticket as long as I could. Ended up after postponing twice the officer didn't show twice. Four years later the result was one month suspension.
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

They can definitely do it in a few months. All depends on their needs. When I was going through EMS processing they knew they needed alot of us so I went through all the processing in a week.

Forum Member

To the guy who ****ed up his reference letters: just bring the filled out ones and say it was an honest mistake. Not the end of the world.

They can definitely process someone in 3.5 months if they want, the biggest hurdle is that they want to give you like 12 weeks of time to prep for the CPAT. Everything else can be done in a week or 2.

Forum Member

Regarding college transcripts. Many years ago I did a few semesters and made HORRIBLE grades and am very embarrassed about them. I was young and dumb and didn't think it would bite me in the ***** later in life. Is it a requirement to provide transcripts? And if so, will it hurt me in this process?

Forum Member

Just leaving the CPAT orientation at the rock, glad I didn't over dress like some people here suggested. Button down, blue jeans and sneakers. Way better then the one guy that wore shorts and flip flops.

Forum Member

The way the temperature be dropping already, this might be a very cold winter class guys !
    Last edited by Dannypanigale; 09-18-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Thread Information