Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 570 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 704705205605675685695705715725735806206701070 ... LastLast
Results 11,381 to 11,400 of 24154
Like Tree9404Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    you guys are depressing me with these list projections. I was hoping for them to make it way past my list number. Do we even know yet how far they made it down?
    Yep me too

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    LOL seriously. Guys going all off on a simple question. Good to know someone has common sense to understand the question correctly.

Fyi: The "video game" line can be erased and filled with whatever u like to do on free time that helps u blow off steam. Read a book, spend time with the kids, take ur wife out etc.,. The question does not have to apply to ONLY video games. Take MM's answer and apply it to whatever u think will help u deal with the physical and mental stress of the academy. Video games will help ME. Do what helps YOU.

Ps: When i was in basic combat training, i didnt have books, a wife or a video game to blow off steam. It was straight torture for 15 HOURS A DAY. INCLUDING WEEKENDS. So i and every other vet have experienced a level of stress that many of u will never know. At least in the academy, we can all go home at the end of the day. I just wanna know if i will have time and energy to play games or make live to my wife when i get there.
    You are right I was thinking the same, we get to go home at the end of the day, we have an escape this time which is the clock, we didn't have that a basic. Friggin fireguard was exhausting enough after a long day ruck marching. I say bring it on, I'm gonna enjoy this academy because I know just how much worse it could be.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post

I hope this helps anyone who is at about my running times for 2.5 miles which was at a 8min pace(2.5 miles in 20 min) *I will be adding step-mill in the upcoming week.

Please note: 400m is one lap on most tracks

Day 1)800m warm up
    eight 400m at 90seconds (rest 2:30)
    800m cool down

2) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout

3) 2.5 miles(easy). six 50m strides *my father described strides as 80% of ur spirit.* Rest on strides is walk back to start

4) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout

5) 4000m or 2.5 miles in 18:59 finished twenty minutes of running so 4200m in 19:57 (This is a 7:40 pace)

6) 2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout

7) 1200m warm up
    twelve 200m in 40s (rest 1:45)
    1200m cool down
    8)2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout

9) This is called ladders
    Warm up 3 laps
    200m 40s rest 2min
    400m 90s rest 2:30min
    800m 3:20 rest 3min
    800m 3:20 rest 3min
    400m 90s rest 2:30min
    200m 40s rest 2min
    Cool down 2 laps
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    2 quick questions:

1. I'm starting to have some elbow pain when doing pull ups, Im a bigger guy and I have never been good at pull ups so I do a few sets every time I'm in the gym.. Is it worth just laying off for a while? Wider grip?
    2. To you guys who swim, I'm at a YMCA that has a pool.. Do you guys do a particular workout.. Or do you just go in and swim?
    What I do is an interval type of thing. Swim a 100, get out, do 20 pushups. Do this 5x. Don't rest for more than a minute or two in between sets. It's short but coupled with some running before and after it can kick your ace.
    Last edited by mocon337; 06-16-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Hey guys question. Is there a way to receive proof of what time I had on my first CPAT attempt?

I passed it on the first try, and I just wanted to see if there is like a number I can call to get the CPAT score on paper or something? Just for personal reference to see what exact time I had.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Hey guys question. Is there a way to receive proof of what time I had on my first CPAT attempt?

I passed it on the first try, and I just wanted to see if there is like a number I can call to get the CPAT score on paper or something? Just for personal reference to see what exact time I had.
    I wondered the same thing about the proof. The time, they tell you after you have completed the course.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post

If the proctor didn't tell you your time then you aren't finding it out. You do receive written notice of your score from DCAS, however since the score is P/F that's all you are going to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    You are right I was thinking the same, we get to go home at the end of the day, we have an escape this time which is the clock, we didn't have that a basic. Friggin fireguard was exhausting enough after a long day ruck marching. I say bring it on, I'm gonna enjoy this academy because I know just how much worse it could be.
    Man foreal. Drill instructors WAKE YOU UP @ 5 in the morning, so all hell starts the very minute u open ur eyes. No morning coffee on your way in, no breakfast with the kids or morning quickie with the wife. All those things will be available during proby school. Sure the Rock is gonna be freakin intense, but we've been thru a larger area of hell already. You've NEVER seen me post a question regarding how to do a pushup, or how to run a mile, a pull up, or what it means to be a "squad leader". Thats all common sense for people like us. Ill ask about homework or something like that, but that's it. I found out the answer to all those other questions like 8 years ago.

Things they did to us in basic, especially the "all male" basic training, the instructors at the Rock are not even allowed to do under civilian law. So these kids on here telling me to "grow up" and trying to teach me about "priorities", just becuz i play video games...lol....simply tickles me. Especially since ill most likely be their squad leader.
    Blu 2 red hopeful likes this.

Combat Medic 92 where did u train?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Combat Medic 92 where did u train?
    Ft Sill was my BCT and FT Sam Houston was my AIT. And I can't wait for the rock, your right it'll be intense but about half the level of what we went through. Especially the part where we all caught a respiratory infection from living so close together and taking showers in 30 seconds, standing in lines of naked guys.

Forum Member

Ft Sill was my BCT and FT Sam Houston was my AIT. And I can't wait for the rock, your right it'll be intense but about half the level of what we went through. Especially the part where we all caught a respiratory infection from living so close together and taking showers in 30 seconds, standing in lines of naked guys.
    Nut to butt? Making your battle buddy happy?

It's gonna be nice to not have to worry about being woken up at 315 am but an angry drill sgt smoking you bc fire guard fell asleep.. Ill take it.

Forum Member

I loved lawton!! what a great city lol
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Are they still doing medicals for guys on the OC list ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Hey guys,
    I been hearing on here that they may not be any OC in the july class. You guys think with being 750-800 on the list will I have a shot at the January class? Still training hard regardless.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Are they still doing medicals for guys on the OC list ?
    I think they stopped over a week ago. Somewhere south of 300. I wanna say around 275???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    Hey guys,
    I been hearing on here that they may not be any OC in the july class. You guys think with being 750-800 on the list will I have a shot at the January class? Still training hard regardless.

even if they put in 0 OC people in this class you should have a decent shot for January.
    320 *3 = 960 on the list but you have to also factor in people who defer, recycle, and left over Ems

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    Hey guys,
    Where are people hearing this? Haha, it makes no sense whatsoever. What possible reason would they have for not putting in a full class?
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    I think they stopped over a week ago. Somewhere south of 300. I wanna say around 275???

Pretty sure it's between 290-300, but definitely not in to the 300s. I know someone between 300-310 and they havent been scheduled yet.

Forum Member

At least I'm not the only one with the jitters on when we are going to get called for the academy. Just have to keep training hard, our day will come
    FDNY EXAM 2000
    Score: 100
    List Number: 22xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Pretty sure it's between 290-300, but definitely not in to the 300s. I know someone between 300-310 and they havent been scheduled yet.
    I am between 290-300 and I still have my medical to complete with no scheduled date as of yet. If anyone has heard otherwise I'd sure like to know.

Thread Information