Like Tree10543Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

OAK
    Forum Member

Suit and no tie tonight. Business casual fellas.

Forum Member

I went with a casual button down, suit and no tie. Didn't want to overdress but didn't want to under dress either, I felt business casual is always a safe bet when in doubt. The guy who walked in with shorts on blew my mind though...

Forum Member

How u know the guy wearing flip flops was Hispanic? Good **** to you guys getting your packets and going thru cpat training. My advice be patient cuz its still a lot more to do and a long way to go for alot of you, long way to go for guys like me who are done with process and are just waiting now too

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYistheGOAL88 View Post
    How u know the guy wearing flip flops was Hispanic? Good **** to you guys getting your packets and going thru cpat training. My advice be patient cuz its still a lot more to do and a long way to go for alot of you, long way to go for guys like me who are done with process and are just waiting now too
    I was going to say te same thing, where in his comment did he mention the guy in flip flops being Hispanic? Unless you were there, if not, then lets not throw around assumptions like that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I'm dying of anxiety to know if the guys on 1300 would get run letters !!!! Can next year hurry up !! At this point I don't care to miss holidays !!!!
    Once you get a letter for the run you are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the academy upon passing the physical exam. DCAS usually plays it safe by leaving extra people in the list for the following academy. Remember they reached only up to 100ish from OC for June, and about 600ish from OC were left to process for January. If they get up to 700-1000 for letters for the run it would be good news but I highly doubt they will reach all the way up to 1300 for the run - they still have PHs, EMS, and recycles.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Flip flops ???? These Hispanic dudes don't freaking learn man !!!!! I bet you he thought ya was doing hands on !!! Smh
    Hahaha, he didnt look hispanic though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYistheGOAL88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I was going to say te same thing, where in his comment did he mention the guy in flip flops being Hispanic? Unless you were there, if not, then lets not throw around assumptions like that.
    Ayyy yaaa yiii !!!! Did I forget to mention it was a joke ? I did my bad ... I also forgot to say that I'm brown to the bone ... So to my brown brothers this was to catch a laugh...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Once you get a letter for the run you are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the academy upon passing the physical exam. DCAS usually plays it safe by leaving extra people in the list for the following academy. Remember they reached only up to 100ish from OC for June, and about 600ish from OC were left to process for January. If they get up to 700-1000 for letters for the run it would be good news but I highly doubt they will reach all the way up to 1300 for the run - they still have PHs, EMS, and recycles.
    Agreed ... I know ppl have said that the ratio would not be the same as in June BUT if it is that would be awesome news to a lot of us !!!
    Last edited by Dannypanigale; 09-18-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Forum Member

Ayyy yaaa yiii !!!! Did I forget to mention it was a joke ? I did my bad ... I also forgot to say that I'm brown to the bone ... So to my brown brothers this was to catch a laugh...
    Be careful with what you say bro, I'm brown too don't get me wrong but on a forum like this it's best to keep those jokes to a minimum. Even the most innocent thing can lead to trouble especially when you get on the job. The seniors in the firehouse will tear you up for these things and this is coming from a primary source. Just a word of advice, nothing more.
    Score: 102
    List #: 9xx
    Investigation: 10/03/2013
    Physical: TBA
    Psychological: TBA
    Medical: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by F_V_P View Post
    Be careful with what you say bro, I'm brown too don't get me wrong but on a forum like this it's best to keep those jokes to a minimum. Even the most innocent thing can lead to trouble especially when you get on the job. The seniors in the firehouse will tear you up for these things and this is coming from a primary source. Just a word of advice, nothing more.
    Advise taken bro ! Thanks .. But seriously you didn't laugh ?

Forum Member

Advise taken bro ! Thanks .. But seriously you didn't laugh ?
    Hey Danny, Just keep this thread informative. A lot of new updates may come out soon and candidates do not want to scroll through unnecessary conversation to get the info they need. Thank you.

Forum Member

What did you guys do at the LIC cpat stuff and rock cpat stuff?

Forum Member

i keep hearing so many different things about the run letters. i am in the low 600's and wonder if i will get a run letter for jan. i hear they may only get upto 400-400 maybe then some people saying they may reach upto 800. anybody know around what date you should be receiving run letter. how far in advance? also i may have to go on active duty soon for close to a year. will i know if i got in? or will i have to wait to get a run letter for when i get back?

Forum Member

Just a head's up to anyone in Staten Island...

I'm scheduled for the 12 noon CPAT orientation at The Rock this saturday, and I will be driving. If anyone in Staten Island is going to that time slot, feel free to email me:

LiteraryMaestro@gmail.com

I'd be more than happy to have a buddy or two or three for the ride.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    i keep hearing so many different things about the run letters. i am in the low 600's and wonder if i will get a run letter for jan. i hear they may only get upto 400-400 maybe then some people saying they may reach upto 800. anybody know around what date you should be receiving run letter. how far in advance? also i may have to go on active duty soon for close to a year. will i know if i got in? or will i have to wait to get a run letter for when i get back?
    I really think it's way too soon to even speculate about the run. A lot of it hinges on how many PH's/EMT's are left and how many will recycle.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

the black guy at the medical seemed really confident that the top 1000 on the OC will be in the academy for january ....he told me the next I see you better be at the academy. I just bought a flight to Colombia for a couple of weeks in december so I can hopefully have some fun before the academy

Forum Member

I found my W'2s woooohooo, So ill be ready in three years.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I don't see it in the intake packet unless I'm missing it, but how many years of W2's do you need ?
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Anyone doing CPAT at randalls island from Staten Island at 8AM we can car pool and split gas?
    List:12xx
    Grade: 102

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by F_V_P View Post
    Anybody going to the CPAT orientation at The Rock Saturday for the earlier class?
    I am the 8 am class from staten island

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    the black guy at the medical seemed really confident that the top 1000 on the OC will be in the academy for january ....he told me the next I see you better be at the academy. I just bought a flight to Colombia for a couple of weeks in december so I can hopefully have some fun before the academy
    One of the training coordinators (David Lin) at The Rock told me that they already have enough people for the July 2014 class and that most likely my number (1099) won't come up till Jan 2015.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hatefrost View Post
    One of the training coordinators (David Lin) at The Rock told me that they already have enough people for the July 2014 class and that most likely my number (1099) won't come up till Jan 2015.
    It seems pretty pointless to start doing interviews/background checks on guys 1000+ if they definitively feel they have enough guys for both '14 classes.

Not knocking you by any way either. It just boggles my mind how this could be true.
    Last edited by vekdoggs75; 09-18-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Forum Member

That doesn't make any sense. Are you sure he meant they have a good idea what list number they'll get to for Jan 14?

Forum Member

Historically, the numbers don't add up to this rumor.

Forum Member

Does anyone know is the Social security detailed earnings statement needs to be certified?

Thread Information