Like Tree9540Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Got word from an instructor at the Rock that they are expecting more drops. Also said that some people dropped just because it's summer time and they didn't want to ruin it.....yes he was serious. Take this as more motivation for once you get in guys.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewSteveYork View Post
    Me too.. I wonder if its possible to complete the entire process in 3.5 months before the run...?
    I think it could be done.. DOC called me on short notice and they completed my process in 2 months.. and DOC had ALOT of paper work, more than FDNY.. They had me do 5 appointments in 1 month. So if the need stretches that high, they can process people in 3 months easily.

Forum Member

I mentioned official business in earlier posts.. just an update on that, my job DID give me official business to attend my intake interview, which was a surprise to me because after thinking this was official business, I kept hearing its not and the furthest my job had to go was allow me to use vacation time to attend these appointments.. but that wasn't the case, my job actually changed my tour the day of my interview to the time my interview starts and said that's going to count as my 8 hour working day for the city.. and somehow, they told me not to come in after, because they said with the travel time and the expected time of the appointment, It would be pointless to come to work for a couple hours, if that.

So I WAS granted the day on the city's time to attend this appointment. I HOPE it's like this for every appointment, because the supervisor that signed off on the official business, will be transferring out of my command at the end of this month, and I hope the replacement doesn't mess this up.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

If you're in a city job they are suppose to do that if attending anything for another city job. That's what I was always told.

I wouldn't worry yourself about these drops as I'm sure they lost a good amount for the midterm but all of these people will have a chance to recycle so the more drops the worse as far as I'm concerned.

And that trainer has no possible way of knowing what number will be reached by when. I wouldn't listen to it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    If you're in a city job they are suppose to do that if attending anything for another city job. That's what I was always told.

I wouldn't worry yourself about these drops as I'm sure they lost a good amount for the midterm but all of these people will have a chance to recycle so the more drops the worse as far as I'm concerned.

And that trainer has no possible way of knowing what number will be reached by when. I wouldn't listen to it.
    Again, sorry if I missed something but why would you think someone who failed out at the midterm would get to recycle? We haven't heard a single thing to substantiate that theory.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Because I know people in the class who know people who have failed out and flat out quit already but were already told they could come back in January.

Hopefully they're wrong or misunderstood.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hatefrost View Post
    One of the training coordinators (David Lin) at The Rock told me that they already have enough people for the July 2014 class and that most likely my number (1099) won't come up till Jan 2015.
    Yes that is true if every single person ahead of you is hired (meaning everyone gets the job) at my orientation the Lt told someone w a list #9xx that they were a long shot for Jan didnt say no chance but would not bet on it. He also stated that the next class after Jan would be in End of May early June so that they can start putting 3 classes in a year. Technically 2.5 as the latter one would not graduate til the new year. This also being said with the Chief of the Rock standing next to him. Are there going to be 3 classes this year ? nobody knows for sure, however the FDNY would like to do so which is very encouraging.
    vekdoggs75 and test2000 like this.
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

One of the DI's cousin's, best friend's, dog walkers; told my brother-in-law that his uncle's mechanic heard that the list is done after this current class unfortunately.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Again, sorry if I missed something but why would you think someone who failed out at the midterm would get to recycle? We haven't heard a single thing to substantiate that theory.
    In my class there were people who failed the midterm and were told that they could either resign then and have the option to try again in the next (current) class. If they didn't resign they would go in front of the training review board and likely be terminated, which would not give them that option.

I'd have to look over department orders to confirm, but I believe one of those people who resigned then did make it into the current class and resigned again recently.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    One of the DI's cousin's, best friend's, dog walkers; told my brother-in-law that his uncle's mechanic heard that the list is done after this current class unfortunately.
    Whoa whoa....how reliable is the mechanic?
    River6019 and BrooklynBorn like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmarq View Post
    Does anyone know is the Social security detailed earnings statement needs to be certified?
    ceritifed? You go to social security office and they print it off for you, whatever they print off is what you bring.. make a photo copy of it.. From what I remember, because I did this a couple times, I think you have to pay by money order at the social security office.. So call up before hand, try to find out how much it will cost, and bring a money order for that amount.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Whoa whoa....how reliable is the mechanic?
    My boss's exterminator says very.

Mods please delete this thread.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

How would 3 classes a year workout for the obvious 12 month calendar year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    How would 3 classes a year workout for the obvious 12 month calendar year.
    If there were literally no breaks between classes then 3 could be churned out every 54 weeks... which is close enough to call a year. I'd be surprised by that though since the first classes have been spaced out, indicated they'd stick to the 2 a year schedule.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    ceritifed? You go to social security office and they print it off for you, whatever they print off is what you bring.. make a photo copy of it.. From what I remember, because I did this a couple times, I think you have to pay by money order at the social security office.. So call up before hand, try to find out how much it will cost, and bring a money order for that amount.
    Thanks, no because i pulled up the form online and it says certified is an extra 15 dollars.. just wondering. Thanks man ill call up!
    List:12xx
    Grade: 102

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    My boss's exterminator says very.

Mods please delete this thread.
    Seriously I think this is the first time I've laughed this hard since the before the 6019 class was thrown out.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Sorry guys I know i'm posting a lot here but I just wan to make sure just like everyone else... for residency:

for the W-2's it says for the employers 2010 and 2011 tax years but they can just take them our taxes right? so no need to call and our companies and go through the hassle? I'm just bringing my taxes from 2009-to present just in case

Also it says you need three to prove residency on the NOE i have none as my rent is everything included and my cell phone bill is under my fiancÚs name.. I have my bank statements from the requested years and from the question above i should have the w-2's

my question here would be it says :

Checking OR savings .. does that mean i can use a checking and savings statement to prove residency?

thanks
    List:12xx
    Grade: 102

Forum Member

a 3rd class would not necessarily graduate in the same year. I.E. Jan than May than October the October class would than be graduating in 2014. So not 3 graduating classes a year but 3 classes hired within a year. An overlap
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

So 9 days after they mailed it still no sign of the packet. The landlord hasn't seen it either. I think I'll swing by the post office on my way home just in case. Getting really frustrated.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

You will all be cops, I know this because I own a Hydro Verter. I convert energy and s*^t. Screw your uncles' dog's mechanic.

Also, I have all of your packets and will hold them until Manhattan Medic shows his face. He is Jesus of this forum.
    Last edited by werdnat; 09-18-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by werdnat View Post
    You will all be cops, I know this because I own a Hydro Verter. I convert energy and s*^t. Screw your uncles' dog's mechanic.

Also, I have all of your packets and will hold them until Manhattan Medic shows his face. He is Jesus of this forum.
    Good stuff man. Keep truckin!

Forum Member

the rock, tomorrow 6pm, anyone else going??
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Can anyone who has gone to the CPAT sessions let me know what I am expected to wear. I have seen everything from sweatpants to a suit. Is there a different dress code for the DCAS one at LIC and the FDNY one at the Rock? I have both the DCAS one at LIC and the FDNY one at the Rock tomorrow, and am trying to figure out what to wear. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by werdnat View Post

I just rolled my face into my pillow and cried!!
    ((
    vekdoggs75 and DannyD0pe like this.

Forum Member

My friend got a letter today to come in at the end of September for an oral psychological exam. He took the written exam a few weeks ago.

has anyone else had to take an oral psych exam? I know that everyone does not have to

Thread Information