Like Tree11270Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    My friend got a letter today to come in at the end of September for an oral psychological exam. He took the written exam a few weeks ago.

has anyone else had to take an oral psych exam? I know that everyone does not have to
    Shouldn't need an oral unless the written was a little off (just bubbling in any answer, or some reason they want to talk) is what I remember them
    Telling us in may...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin12345 View Post
    Can anyone who has gone to the CPAT sessions let me know what I am expected to wear. I have seen everything from sweatpants to a suit. Is there a different dress code for the DCAS one at LIC and the FDNY one at the Rock? I have both the DCAS one at LIC and the FDNY one at the Rock tomorrow, and am trying to figure out what to wear. Thanks
    LIC just wear athletic clothes. sneakers, sweatpants and long sleeve shirt. For the rock i hear people say dont dress like a bum. Business casual seems to be the safest bet.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Can anyone who has gone to the CPAT sessions let me know what I am expected to wear. I have seen everything from sweatpants to a suit. Is there a different dress code for the DCAS one at LIC and the FDNY one at the Rock? I have both the DCAS one at LIC and the FDNY one at the Rock tomorrow, and am trying to figure out what to wear. Thanks
    For the one at the rock, just dress nice. There was a guy wearing shorts and a Yankee t-shirt last night. You don't want to be that guy. A button down and slacks are fine. It's always safe to look good, there's no such thing as over dressed. As for the one at Dcas, sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt. You go through the course and try out some of the events. If you don't wear sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt they might not let you go on the course.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    the rock, tomorrow 6pm, anyone else going??
    ill be there tomorrow at 6
    Stephenscm likes this.

Forum Member

At the DCAS orientation, do they have a place to change ? I have the DCAS one at 8 and the Rock one at 12 the same day.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    At the DCAS orientation, do they have a place to change ? I have the DCAS one at 8 and the Rock one at 12 the same day.
    Yes, you can just use the rest room to change. They aren't strict like at the Rock.

Forum Member

Is there any parking at the DCAS site?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Is there any parking at the DCAS site?
    Get there early, and try to find parking under the train. That's the only spots available, and you and fifty other people will be fighting over the spots that open up.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks for answering my question guys

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Get there early, and try to find parking under the train. That's the only spots available, and you and fifty other people will be fighting over the spots that open up.
    be careful if you park, three cars from my session got towed within 2 hours
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    ill be there tomorrow at 6

I'll be there too.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

For the social security earnings statement does it need to be certified or is non certified fine. It's an extra $15 for certified.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Does anyone who went to the DCAS orientation at LIC know if they are strict about having to have the admission notice with you. I just came home and found out that my dad lost the paper. My appointment is tomorrow and wanted to know if I should show up anyways and see if they would let me in. I have a picture on my phone of the admission notice that my dad sent me, but I don't know if that will be sufficient.

Forum Member

Does anyone who went to the DCAS orientation at LIC know if they are strict about having to have the admission notice with you. I just came home and found out that my dad lost the paper. My appointment is tomorrow and wanted to know if I should show up anyways and see if they would let me in. I have a picture on my phone of the admission notice that my dad sent me, but I don't know if that will be sufficient.
    I think you will be fine, it's just orientation, it's not like its the actual test. I also think they have a list of names of people scheduled to come.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    be careful if you park, three cars from my session got towed within 2 hours
    That's why when I went a while ago, I parked under the train, and paid the meter extra hours, just to be safe. Do not park in the street, they even tell you that when you get there.

Forum Member

Thanks FFwnt2b

Forum Member

Can someone tell me if you need to have the medical release form for either the Orientation in LIC or the CPAT info session at the Rock tomorrow

Forum Member

I just checked the CPAT prep course registration email and they said you need it before the prep course begins on sept 23 but i just want to confirm with someone who already went to make sure.... thanks -Oz-

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyOz View Post
    Can someone tell me if you need to have the medical release form for either the Orientation in LIC or the CPAT info session at the Rock tomorrow
    Didn't need it for LIC. For the rock they said you didn't need it, but you must bring it in the next week. If you have it, they will take it. Otherwise just bring it before training starts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    Didn't need it for LIC. For the rock they said you didn't need it, but you must bring it in the next week. If you have it, they will take it. Otherwise just bring it before training starts.
    thanks for the Info bro

Forum Member

Has anyone else been called to have an appointment for an oral psych after the written psych?

Hope this isn't a bad sign for my friend. He has to go in at the end of September. Maybe its due to his background because he was arrested a few times. I doubt its because of the written exam itself.

Forum Member

CPAT orientation at LIC tomorrow at 8am (Sept. 19th) and September 25th at 1pm. Anybody from Staten Island going these times? I'll hitch a ride and pitch in for gas if need be.
    List #: 9xx
    Investigation: 10/03/2013
    Physical: TBA
    Psychological: TBA
    Medical: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Yea i just had my medical on the 12th. Passed everything except for hr portion. Didnt even get to put the vest on. Anyway, i have till the 11th of october to prepare for the 5:12 to possible 8 minutes. Been training on the stairs w/ 50lb vest and can do a little over 8 minutes straight but damn do i feel it in the legs at that point.

Question is, how did u prepare and/or how many days rest did u take between your last training on the stairs at the gym and the actual date of your retry. I just want to be fully recovered and not have to worry about my legs being too shot from training. Right now i usually take 2 days rest between stair training. Sometimes i feel fully recovered and sometimes i dont. So how many days did u rest b4 ur retry?
    Sorry for the late response man. This is exactly what I did to pass second try. While I could have did 8min my first time there I had just come back from a 10 day vacation with no access to stairs or my vest do I opted for close to the 30 days I took around 27 days. I was already staying on for 8:45 &9:00 leading up to the first test. After the first medical I increased my vest to 54lbs and trained 3x/week for 8:45-9:15. For training similate the test conditions, warmup 3min, rest 5min, get on with your 50lb vest or more for at least 8min. After 8min rest 5min take off vest do as much time as you can with no weight. Do this until your next date and you will pass. Before your test give your legs 2 full rest days no stairs or running, although I did a short mile run a day before because of nerves. I also had my brother USMC2024 pushing me telling me he's doing 10min plus so I pushed me. But if you're doing I say at least 8:30 @ 50lbs you should be fine because the adrenaline will aid you. The biggest concern at that point will just be walking surely and not tripping. Any questions at all pm me, I literally have recorded every workout and run since January so I could tell u where you should be

Forum Member

For the Social Security earnings statement, does it need to be certified or can it be non-certified. And for college, do I need to have my college send my official transcript over or like high school, is my diploma enough proof ?

And how many years of W2's do we need. I keep seeing people in the past in this thread, people saying 2 years, I've seen people say 5 years. But going through the packet all I see is the mention of bringing W2's in but not how many years.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    For the Social Security earnings statement, does it need to be certified or can it be non-certified. And for college, do I need to have my college send my official transcript over or like high school, is my diploma enough proof ?

And how many years of W2's do we need. I keep seeing people in the past in this thread, people saying 2 years, I've seen people say 5 years. But going through the packet all I see is the mention of bringing W2's in but not how many years.
    For the detailed earnings statement I don't believe it needs to be certified. I went to the office and asked for one and figured for the extra 15 I would get it certified just to be safe. But they didn't even ask, so I just took what they gave me. As for the college transcript I'm not to sure. I was told if you get a transcript and just don't break the seal that will be fine. That's what I'm going to do so ill let you know how that goes for me. And the only years I see about the w2s are 2010 and 2011 to prove residency. I will bring 2012 as well just to be safe, but I think 2010 and 2011 are all you need according to the NOE.
    TomFromQueens likes this.

Thread Information