Like Tree9532Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

got my psych tomorrow. any idea how long it usually takes to complete?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    no they don't.. my paper work stated they are exempt. now is that fair? would you really want a guy entering a full time career that never worked full time before and has no college
    You know it honestly doesn't matter. I was under the impression that they needed to meet all of the same requirements as everyone else, but even if they don't it just doesn't matter. The PH candidates themselves did not set the education requirements, just like you didn't set them either. The bottom line is that they are going to be senior to you. Hopefully every one of them that makes it through the academy is a standup guy and not a hairbag, but they're still going to be senior to you, so accept that and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNoVowel View Post
    I got the pysch exam this Saturday. Anyone know how long we are usually there for? I hear it's a 650 multiple choice exam about if we love our mothers or something?

Also, to those wondering about Run letters, from Previous posts and from my investigator, they come around a month prior. My investigator said you will get an email too. She seemed confident about January for myself, 63x, but she said the only way to be sure is that run letter.

Lastly, in reference to all these predictions on ratios. The guy that runs things over in medical, frank, I think, said it took 800 candidates to fill the past two classes, "so you do the math."
    I would not make plans for immediately after the psych. It's been years since I took it, but I think there were 900 questions total. It's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneso...lity_Inventory

Frank is a gentleman. Given that he pretty much runs everything at BHS I'd say he's pretty tuned into how things are going, even if he isn't a high level employee. If he says 800 people I'd listen.
    vekdoggs75 and JoeNoVowel like this.

Forum Member

Do we need to bring the medical clearance form to the first orientation at the Rock ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    got my psych tomorrow. any idea how long it usually takes to complete?
    I would like to know as well. See you there bro

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Do we need to bring the medical clearance form to the first orientation at the Rock ?
    If you have it filled out, bring it.

If not, you need to hand it in the week of the 23rd to have access to the training.
    Stephenscm likes this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You know it honestly doesn't matter. I was under the impression that they needed to meet all of the same requirements as everyone else, but even if they don't it just doesn't matter. The PH candidates themselves did not set the education requirements, just like you didn't set them either. The bottom line is that they are going to be senior to you. Hopefully every one of them that makes it through the academy is a standup guy and not a hairbag, but they're still going to be senior to you, so accept that and move on.

I would not make plans for immediately after the psych. It's been years since I took it, but I think there were 900 questions total. It's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneso...lity_Inventory

Frank is a gentleman. Given that he pretty much runs everything at BHS I'd say he's pretty tuned into how things are going, even if he isn't a high level employee. If he says 800 people I'd listen.
    Its a little bit less questions now somewhere in the 500-600 neighborhood but I would say you'll be there at least 2hrs. I finished in about an hour and a half and they let me leave but plan for 3hrs there

Forum Member

Any one else just get an automated VM from the FDNY saying the CPAT training for tomorrow was 1pm? I thought the email said noon though. I wanted to show up an hour early but i don't exactly want to show up TWO hours early haha.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Any one else just get an automated VM from the FDNY saying the CPAT training for tomorrow was 1pm? I thought the email said noon though. I wanted to show up an hour early but i don't exactly want to show up TWO hours early haha.
    Same here. I thought it was at 12 but they left a voicemail saying see you at 1:00pm.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    yeah, the same requirements except for scoring on the entrance exam...
    The bottom line?
    They are going to be senior to you also... as well as senior to everyone hired off of 6019... and most of the guys hired from 2043... seniority is a loose term when being applied to guys hired off the priority list... AND THATS the bottom line... because Judge Garaufis said so...
    Last edited by LongCut; 09-20-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    My1Goal, vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

For the people taking the Psych tomorrow, bring the info on the references (address, names, phone) that you are going to use, and bring your work history with you. You will need that, you will have forms to fill out, and that's the info you need.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

CPAT training, if you got the call for 1pm, then show up at 12, that's what I would do. But then again, it's entirely up to you. If you get there 2 hours early, they can't yell at you for that.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    The bottom line?
    They are going to be senior to you also... as well as senior to everyone hired off of 6019... and most of the guys hired from 2043... seniority is a loose term when being applied to guys hired off the priority list... AND THATS the bottom line... because Judge Garaufis said so...
    Hahaha great use of stone cold right there

Forum Member

The bottom line?
    You're an idiot. If a PH goes in thinking they have seniority over guys that have been in 5+ years, they have another thing coming to them. Regardless of what some idiot judge says... You should not be worried about seniority at all at this point. The focus should be to get into the fdny and work your asses off... I assume you are a PH, so I won't use big words, but STFU. 293 of you are extremely lucky. You did not earn your spots in the academy, but if you make it thru, hopefully you act humble and grateful for the opportunity....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    You're an idiot. If a PH goes in thinking they have seniority over guys that have been in 5+ years, they have another thing coming to them. Regardless of what some idiot judge says... You should not be worried about seniority at all at this point. The focus should be to get into the fdny and work your asses off... I assume you are a PH, so I won't use big words, but STFU. 293 of you are extremely lucky. You did not earn your spots in the academy, but if you make it thru, hopefully you act humble and grateful for the opportunity....
    woah easy there pal you got me all wrong. i am the furthest thing from a priority hire. I was just responding to Manhattan Medics post basically saying that priority hires will have seniority over all the guys that come after them so i guess he thinks we should have some respect for that... maybe they can get the judge to grant them some respect because it sure wont come easy.

Forum Member

Again, thread derailed. Anyways, the CPAT training at the ROCK is different because it's outside where as the one in LIC is inside. Get ready for the stair master if you haven't been training on it, because it'll surprise you when you are nervous and anxious. Get use to the physical aspect of it, remember it's just practice runs.....
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 09-20-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    DedicatedAmbition likes this.

Forum Member

woah easy there pal you got me all wrong. i am the furthest thing from a priority hire. I was just responding to Manhattan Medics post basically saying that priority hires will have seniority over all the guys that come after them so i guess he thinks we should have some respect for that... maybe they can get the judge to grant them some respect because it sure wont come easy.
    Gotcha. My apologies. Misunderstood... Good luck guys on next phase.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    For the people taking the Psych tomorrow, bring the info on the references (address, names, phone) that you are going to use, and bring your work history with you. You will need that, you will have forms to fill out, and that's the info you need.
    where does it say that you need to bring reference stuff for your psych. i'm done with all my reference letters last month. all the paper sais is to bring is two number 2 pencils and i.d..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    where does it say that you need to bring reference stuff for your psych. i'm done with all my reference letters last month. all the paper sais is to bring is two number 2 pencils and i.d..
    When I went a few months ago, I forgot to make copies of my paperwork. So I video taped my application instead. All my info was on my phone, and I was able to bring my phone into the auditorium to get the info. Are things different now, I don't know, just letting you know what happened to me.

Forum Member

He's right you're gonna have to fill out all of that stuff all over again so have the info on you in some form or another.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Again, thread derailed. Anyways, the CPAT training at the ROCK is different because it's outside where as the one in LIC is inside. Get ready for the stair master if you haven't been training on it, because it'll surprise you when you are nervous and anxious. Get use to the physical aspect of it, remember it's just practice runs.....
    Will the CPAT training at the ROCK consist of going through the events of the CPAT or just training in ways similar to what we will encounter for the CPAT?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    Will the CPAT training at the ROCK consist of going through the events of the CPAT or just training in ways similar to what we will encounter for the CPAT?
    It's supposed to simulate the actual CPAT. You will be upstairs doing the stair master, then they will bring you outside for the other events. You will be timed, they stop the clock when you are going from the stair master to outside cause it's further away then the actual CPAT. These guys know what they are doing, so listen closely, they will give you techniques on how to do something, it will help, trust me.
    DedicatedAmbition likes this.

Forum Member

after the medical is there any more times you have to take a pee/blood test?
    Last edited by FDNYhopeful28; 09-21-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Forum Member

For anyone who got this cpat invite. First test will be nov 4-17, secod attempt 7 days later, last and final attempt nov 18-24.

Fitness instructors at the rock seem to think anyone with list 600 or less have a good shot at January.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNoVowel View Post
    Get a driver abstract anyway. Come overly prepared. Bring every proof of residence you can find, W2s, pay stubs, driver abstracts, college transcripts (sealed), birth certificate, social security earning statement and card, etc.
    Also, if you got into any trouble bring a prepared written statement explaining the situation. If you're investigator is good they will read it over and advise you how to word it in a more professional way. Then you just need to transfer the statement onto FDNY official document.

If you were unemployed for six plus months since you were 18 you should bring a notarized statement explaining why and how you were supported. If supported by parents, they need to make a notarized statement too. Keep it simple and facts only.

After your CID Investigation is over it's a real pain to even get an investigator on the phone again. They each have 100s of candidates to look into, most of their voicemail boxes are full. Make this meeting count and go in as prepared as possible.
    Are you being serious, if you had periods where you didn't work, you have to show them how you were supported? What are we getting clearance to join the FBI?

If I choose not work for a set amount of time then that is my choice. Can the FDNY really just tell you they think your a slacker and your not hired? I thought you had to meet their requirements?

If someone knows anyone that was not hired because of other reasons that not meeting their requirements then please let me know.

Say I got out of college and never worked for 10 years because I just didn't want to work. It is none of their business that I did that nor how I was supported. Jeez. If anyone wants to argue differently then please give me of an example of someone who didn't get hired because of reasons like that?

Forum Member

To add to what fdnyffhopeful said:

47 guys dropped with another 5-10 possibly dropping soon. Lt also said 30 or so guys are failing.

I agree they said they believe 600 and less have a shot at January but it was also very obvious that they don't know much about going on in regards to investigations and what list number they will get up too. They didn't know that most of us got our packets already as well as a couple of other things that they were asking us for info about. Not saying anything bad about them, the guys there even said they don't deal with that stuff so they don't know much, just passing the info on that 600 was his guess and he even said he could be wrong. Train as if your gonna be in this class, this way your not caught unprepared!

Thread Information