Like Tree11264Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #14376
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Has anyone who went through the first round of OC processing but didn't make it into the academy heard anything?
    Contacted my investigator, she told me the same thing she said in June: that I'm bing considered for the January class based on my list number. Obviously that didn't play out the way I thought it would. List number between 170 and 190.

  2. #14377
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    I know this has probably been answered but does FD background ask for ticket dispositions?

  3. #14378
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    For anyone who got this cpat invite. First test will be nov 4-17, secod attempt 7 days later, last and final attempt nov 18-24.

    Fitness instructors at the rock seem to think anyone with list 600 or less have a good shot at January.
    Yeah they said anyone with a list # of 500 or less had a shot for July (2013). So I'm not holding my breath...again... We can only hope!

  4. #14379
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Has anyone who went through the first round of OC processing but didn't make it into the academy heard anything?
    I believe I just fixed the kink in my residency points. My investigator told me I was missing some paperwork. Mailed her 13 months of bank statements last week and emailed her. Haven't heard anything back yet. I will be calling her tomorrow morning to hopefully hear that everything is in order and that I'm good to go. Have your 3 references that you put down received anything in the mail? Also, have any of your prior work places received anything? I know someone around our list numbers who said his CURRENT work place got something in the mail.

  5. #14380
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    I know this has probably been answered but does FD background ask for ticket dispositions?
    What kind of ticket?

    If u mean ticket as in "summons" for a criminal act or violation, then they only require a disposition if it resulted in an actual conviction. If the case/ticket was dismissed, then you don't need the disposition.

    If u mean ticket as in motor vehicle "moving violation", then these, along with the results (conviction/dismissed), will be displayed on your driver abstract.

    Parking tickets? Non applicable. Even if you fought the parking ticket and lost, they dont care about those. ONLY criminal cases/tickets that resulted in a conviction. Thats he only disposition you need.

    (You need a disposition for any arrest, whether you were convicted or not)
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 09-23-2013 at 12:48 AM.

  6. #14381
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    wait so what list number are they up to and for which class? I havent been following and am having trouble catching up?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  7. #14382
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    wait so what list number are they up to and for which class? I havent been following and am having trouble catching up?
    Packets been sent out up to the 1300's from what I been reading for the January class ... All type of rumors and predictions on what list number they would reach ... I'm hoping the guys in the 1100 1200 1300 get a run letter .... We would know when guys like river and Tom post if they get a letter

  8. #14383
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Was really excited to see the inside of the Rock for the first time this weekend at the CPAT orientation. I was also kinda shocked that seemingly over half of the candidates were in gym clothes but then most candidates probably don't know about this forum either. I have 6pm training going forward on the weekdays but its gonna be tricky getting there any earlier than on time. Even if I sneak out of work at 5pm once a week it'll still be a mad dash to get there by 6pm. I just hope I won't be looked down on if I'm 10 minutes early instead of an hour early. I guess if it turns out to be an issue I'll just switch my days to the weekend shift.

    Unrelated, I was planning on using my bike to get to the Rock in the future but came back from CPAT to find it had been stolen. Haha, that's what I get for living on the mean streets of Astoria.
    List # 12XX

  9. #14384
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Have any of you guys used LIPA bills for residency credit? I lost all my statements during sandy and its been a pain from LIPA to get statements that far back. They keep sending me a detail account running balance

  10. #14385
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Thanks Danny
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  11. #14386
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    270

    Default

    hey I know its been talked about before.. but really quick, whats the parking situation like at LIC? Should I bring quarters and how much worth of quarters?

  12. #14387
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Spoke to my investigator in August. He kept it short but basically said when they are up to my number he will contact me if any other paperwork is further needed.

    Question: For anyone that completed their medical after successfully passing the stairs a 2nd time , Did you receive a letter in the mail that officially says you completed the medical?

    I just remember the nurse looking over our folders and saying " Your good to go".
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

  13. #14388
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Just went to the social security office in Freeport to get my earnings report, it's the closest one to my job, it was a two hour wait so I had to leave without getting it. I was on my lunch break and didn't have two hours to spare. Anyone waiting till the last minute to get the earnings statement I would highly recommend against it lol. Might as well take a day off from work and get all the paperwork I need in one shot.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  14. #14389
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    ever time I have went in brooklyn it was fast. There is a semi new on 17th avenue and like 78th st by the way to you all you brooklyn people.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  15. #14390
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Just went to the social security office in Freeport to get my earnings report, it's the closest one to my job, it was a two hour wait so I had to leave without getting it. I was on my lunch break and didn't have two hours to spare. Anyone waiting till the last minute to get the earnings statement I would highly recommend against it lol. Might as well take a day off from work and get all the paperwork I need in one shot.

    Just to be clear for all of us in the future who will process, they want the last 5 years right?

  16. #14391
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by getting ready View Post
    Just to be clear for all of us in the future who will process, they want the last 5 years right?
    Yes, the past 5 years.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  17. #14392
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Yes, the past 5 years.
    Thanks man. Good luck to you...

  18. #14393
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Just went to the social security office in Freeport to get my earnings report, it's the closest one to my job, it was a two hour wait so I had to leave without getting it. I was on my lunch break and didn't have two hours to spare. Anyone waiting till the last minute to get the earnings statement I would highly recommend against it lol. Might as well take a day off from work and get all the paperwork I need in one shot.
    For guys worrying about too many days off from work, certain things can be taken care of the same day you meet your investigator. There is a SS office like 3 blocks from metro tech. Just head up there a little earlier. Even if u have a morning appointment, try to have it pushed back til the afternoon.

    Told my investigator that i would rather meet her in the afternoon so that i may have time in the morning to gather documents because i couldnt take a day off for this document, a day off for that document and another day off just to meet with her and go over it all. She understood and rescheduled our appointment for the afternoon. Woke up early and headed to the notary, court house and SS office downtown brooklyn that morning and got my notorizations, disposition and earning statement on the way to meet her at Metro. Saved me an extra day off. So if u can have ur investigator appointment scheduled for the afternoon rather than the morning, then u can take care of other investigative related issues (whatever they are) on the same exact day of said appointment.

    P.S: This advice ONLY applies to FOLLOW UP appointments, not the initial interview. For the initial you have no choice but to stick with the day/time they give you because there is some sort of orientation given in the auditorium by other personnel. However for any follow ups such as for late paper work or whatever, its just you and ur investigator so u can somewhat manipulate those appointments at will. You can also mail the documents in rather than meet with them again, but i strongly advise a face to face unless its something really simple. If its something that need to be explained, then NEVER just mail it in, go face to face.
    TomFromQueens likes this.

  19. #14394
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    hey I know its been talked about before.. but really quick, whats the parking situation like at LIC? Should I bring quarters and how much worth of quarters?
    Terrible. Better not to drive if possible, but if you must definitely bring quarters and plan on parking in the municipal lot under the 7 train. I assume those lots have muni-meters which means you should be able to pay via credit.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

  20. #14395
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    i went during the week...and thanx to the guys on the forum i just went right under the train and parking was np. you had to walk a little bit but no big deal IMO

    quarters are a must tho

  21. #14396
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Terrible. Better not to drive if possible, but if you must definitely bring quarters and plan on parking in the municipal lot under the 7 train. I assume those lots have muni-meters which means you should be able to pay via credit.
    Yes, they accept credit cards, just make sure you put enough time. Like I said, get there early cause you'll be fighting with the other guys from this forum for a spot. LOL

  22. #14397
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    69

    Default

    hey guys, i have my first investigation appointment on thursday. I have mostly everything they are asking for. Can someone tell me briefly as to what I can expect while i am there? my appointment is for 130pm and i have the cpat training at the rock at 6pm. Does anyone think i may have an issue getting there in time? i hope i will not be at metro tech for more than 2 hours. thanks
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

  23. #14398
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    63

    Default CPAT Orientation in LIC (DCAS)

    Hi guys. I know the notice says that we are not required to attend EITHER of the 2 sessions they give us, but I just wanted to make sure I am understanding it correctly (because I'm being paranoid lol). We can skip both of these and it is ok, correct?

    The thing is I have serious scheduling conflicts that just came up with work that I absolutely cannot get out of unfortunately. And my date to reschedule has already passed. But I already went through this process in '08' so I know where the place is and what it's all about, so it's not like I'm going to be at a disadvantage personally if I miss these sessions. Plus, I will be attending the CPAT preps at the Rock starting this week anyway...So I'm ok to miss both of these dates in LIC, right? ...again, being very paranoid here.

  24. #14399
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    hey guys, i have my first investigation appointment on thursday. I have mostly everything they are asking for. Can someone tell me briefly as to what I can expect while i am there? my appointment is for 130pm and i have the cpat training at the rock at 6pm. Does anyone think i may have an issue getting there in time? i hope i will not be at metro tech for more than 2 hours. thanks
    They seat you in the order in which you arrive, and then process you in that order, so you will be rewarded for being early. Wear a suit. You should probably be fine to get to the rock after.

  25. #14400
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    Hi guys. I know the notice says that we are not required to attend EITHER of the 2 sessions they give us, but I just wanted to make sure I am understanding it correctly (because I'm being paranoid lol). We can skip both of these and it is ok, correct?

    The thing is I have serious scheduling conflicts that just came up with work that I absolutely cannot get out of unfortunately. And my date to reschedule has already passed. But I already went through this process in '08' so I know where the place is and what it's all about, so it's not like I'm going to be at a disadvantage personally if I miss these sessions. Plus, I will be attending the CPAT preps at the Rock starting this week anyway...So I'm ok to miss both of these dates in LIC, right? ...again, being very paranoid here.
    Yeah it's just a courtesy. If you've done it before then it shouldn't matter because you should already know the CPAT is a joke.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 50 users browsing this thread. (14 members and 36 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. bklynmike91,
  3. FDNYlist2000,
  4. fndyoneday,
  5. Grown Simba,
  6. joro89,
  7. Manhattan Medic,
  8. Matador611,
  9. MuscleHamster,
  10. MZigross,
  11. Rhymenocerous,
  12. SGD1028

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register