Like Tree11287Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I have another question on something I've been thinking about... What determines whether or not you get sent to remedial? Is it the time in which you finish the qualifying mile &1/2 run before you get your appointment letter? Like if you do it between 12-13 min, instead of under 12, you start off in remedial automatically?

Or, is it determined by how well you do in the baseline tests the first day of the academy (pushups, pull ups, run etc...)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Yeah it's just a courtesy. If you've done it before then it shouldn't matter because you should already know the CPAT is a joke.
    Thanks bro

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    hey guys, i have my first investigation appointment on thursday. I have mostly everything they are asking for. Can someone tell me briefly as to what I can expect while i am there? my appointment is for 130pm and i have the cpat training at the rock at 6pm. Does anyone think i may have an issue getting there in time? i hope i will not be at metro tech for more than 2 hours. thanks

They seat you in the order in which you arrive, and then process you in that order, so you will be rewarded for being early. Wear a suit. You should probably be fine to get to the rock after.
    If I recall correctly, try to sit in the front left part of the room by the windows as I believe they start processing those guys first.
    Last edited by MESAman; 09-23-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    I have another question on something I've been thinking about... What determines whether or not you get sent to remedial? Is it the time in which you finish the qualifying mile &1/2 run before you get your appointment letter? Like if you do it between 12-13 min, instead of under 12, you start off in remedial automatically?

Or, is it determined by how well you do in the baseline tests the first day of the academy (pushups, pull ups, run etc...)
    If you fail the qualifying run, you are out. Remedial is only for the people that passed the run, but could not do the second run, pull-ups, and push-ups.

Forum Member

They seat you in the order in which you arrive, and then process you in that order, so you will be rewarded for being early. Wear a suit. You should probably be fine to get to the rock after.
    i dont have a suit per say. is it ok with a suit and tie, or if i wear a blazer jacket over? thanks bro
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    i dont have a suit per say. is it ok with a suit and tie, or if i wear a blazer jacket over? thanks bro
    If you don't have a proper suit wear something business-y. Just try to look presentable, ya know?

Remedial: The run that you do to determine if you are in remedial or not is not the same as the 1.5m run that gets you in the door. When you do the baseline fitness testing you need to do 1.5m in under 12 minutes, you need to do at least 30 pushups at their cadence (which is 1 second down 1 second up), at least 30 situps in 1 minute, and at least 4 pullups. If you fail in any category you will be in remedial.

If you fail by a small margin they may let you test out of remedial at some point during the academy. I failed by 1 situp and was allowed to test out 2-3 weeks into the academy. Other than the fact that remedial workouts add onto a very long day it's a good workout.

Forum Member

Anyone early 700s get their psych? I got my medical date but had to reschedule, hoping to get it in the mail soon, just need to drop of my drivers abstract to my investigator and my arrest explanations and I'm all done.
    Goodluck

Forum Member

Anyone go to CPAT training at the Rock last night ? Last night was the first night, right ?
    River6019 likes this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Anyone go to CPAT training at the Rock last night ? Last night was the first night, right ?
    Yup, it was pretty fun going through everything. Can't wait till we start getting timed next week.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Yup, it was pretty fun going through everything. Can't wait till we start getting timed next week.
    I have my training sessions Saturday at 1:00pm, looking forward to it.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Did they mention when the actual CPATs will start occurring?

Forum Member

On the background investigation on past residences, if say I'm off by a few month of address will it be a big deal ? I moved out of my parents house 4 years ago but I'm not sure exactly of what month it was.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Did they mention when the actual CPATs will start occurring?
    When I went to orientation Satuday they said starting Nov 4th and all the CPAT's should be done before Thanksgiving.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 11xx

OAK
    Forum Member

I have my training sessions Saturday at 1:00pm, looking forward to it.
    I'll be there...as far as driver abstract records, did u guys print them out and how far back did you go?

Forum Member

When I went to orientation Satuday they said starting Nov 4th and all the CPAT's should be done before Thanksgiving.
    Thanks dude.

Forum Member

Have they put in 2.5/3 classes per year in in the past? I hear these rumors flying around, and it would be most excellent news to me.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    I'll be there...as far as driver abstract records, did u guys print them out and how far back did you go?
    Unless I did it wrong my abstract went all the way back to when I first got my license.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Have they put in 2.5/3 classes per year in in the past? I hear these rumors flying around, and it would be most excellent news to me.
    Not yet but at the orientation Saturday one Lieutenant said the next class is January and after that they want to shoot for May/June. That's a month or two earlier than this present class went in, so it looks like they want to starting going for 2.5 classes per year.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

When a lot of my friends got on, they were putting in 3 classes per year as a norm. That was nearly a decade ago though.
    My1Goal likes this.

Forum Member

Yea because I remember a few guys a while back saying that The Rock could definitely accommodate two classes at once. I don't even need those 2.5/3 classes to be happy, just send me a ****ing piece of mail of any kind.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Yea because I remember a few guys a while back saying that The Rock could definitely accommodate two classes at once. I don't even need those 2.5/3 classes to be happy, just send me a ****ing piece of mail of any kind.
    I'm on the same boat as you!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    When a lot of my friends got on, they were putting in 3 classes per year as a norm. That was nearly a decade ago though.
    I would have to check with guys at my house but I think a decade ago the academy was 5 weeks shorter, which changes things pretty drastically. That's 15 less weeks of training if you were trying to do 3 a year.

It can insomuch as the first week of 1 class and the last week of another could reasonably overlap, though they don't really have 2 large rooms that can fit a whole class at a time, just the one. This assumes that the instructors and everybody else that make the academy function aren't human and don't need time off from the schedule there.

Forum Member

I cat even imagine more people there, it's crowded there as it is.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I believe I just fixed the kink in my residency points. My investigator told me I was missing some paperwork. Mailed her 13 months of bank statements last week and emailed her. Haven't heard anything back yet. I will be calling her tomorrow morning to hopefully hear that everything is in order and that I'm good to go. Have your 3 references that you put down received anything in the mail? Also, have any of your prior work places received anything? I know someone around our list numbers who said his CURRENT work place got something in the mail.
    Hey dude, if you don't mind can you personal message me who your investigator is? I have heard from many people with higher list numbers that their references have received the letters. I haven't been informed that there is any problem with my investigation and my references haven't received anything. Anyone know if this is a reason to be concerned??

Forum Member

Not yet but at the orientation Saturday one Lieutenant said the next class is January and after that they want to shoot for May/June. That's a month or two earlier than this present class went in, so it looks like they want to starting going for 2.5 classes per year.
    yea I remember the LT. who runs the academy saying that there is a class going January and the class after would be going in in late May early June. He also said that the plan is for the department to hire alot for the next couple of years.

Thread Information