Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 578 of 1158 FirstFirst ... 784785285685755765775785795805815886286781078 ... LastLast
Results 11,541 to 11,560 of 23141
Like Tree9075Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    good info Minerva, thanks.

The way this is shaking out I'd bet they get that full 293, with 100 more in 1/14.
    If there is in fact a January class, they'll be in it. But until that class starts, I won't believe it.

I remember getting the news they were cutting the January 2009 class in half. And then axed it totally. I also remember them saying they would get to us eventually. Well, you know the story with that one.
    Last edited by Minerva; 06-21-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    If there is in fact a January class, they'll be in it. But until that class starts, I won't believe it.

I remember getting the news they were cutting the January 2009 class in half. And then axed it totally. I also remember them saying they would get to us eventually. Well, you know the
    I hear you. That's probably the safest way to approach our whole situation.

What I'd love to know is why they processed medicals up to 300 on OC less than a month ago if this was how they were going.

Forum Member

I remember getting the news they were cutting the January 2009 class in half. And then axed it totally. I also remember them saying they would get to us eventually. Well, you know the
    Ohhh yeah I remember that one

Forum Member

just wondering if i missed something, but I understand there are more priority hires going into this class then we first thought, but where is everyone getting this info or feeling that 100 more priority hires will be in the january class as well? Like I said maybe I missed something, but it seems the rumors are just growing more and more.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    just wondering if i missed something, but I understand there are more priority hires going into this class then we first thought, but where is everyone getting this info or feeling that 100 more priority hires will be in the january class as well? Like I said maybe I missed something, but it seems the rumors are just growing more and more.
    if they put in 193 PHs in this class, then at most they could put in 100 more in January to satisfy the courts requirements.

Forum Member

if they put in 193 PHs in this class, then at most they could put in 100 more in January to satisfy the courts requirements.
    oh ok so your not saying that they ARE putting in another 100 in January, just that 100 is the most they would be able to put it.

Thanks for the reply, I was just getting more and more worked up and blown away as Ive been reading these past few days. It seems like the situation keeps getting worse every post I read lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Kinda shocking that the justice dept and Obama are literally bribing cities to drop disparate impact cases before the supreme court can vote on them. Makes me feel a little stupid for voting for him haha.
    I don't fully understand whats going on. So is it going to the supreme court or not? I used to think people were picking on Obama and he was very fair, now I really want him out of office.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    oh ok so your not saying that they ARE putting in another 100 in January, just that 100 is the most they would be able to put it.

Thanks for the reply, I was just getting more and more worked up and blown away as Ive been reading these past few days. It seems like the situation keeps getting worse every post I read lol
    I'm sure there WILL be 100 more going in...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2024 View Post
    Not to mention the EMS that didn't make the first class. They will be able to recycle themselves into the January class if need be. I pray it's not as many as the first class because otherwise That only leaves about 190 spots left for OC.

Math:

320 for a full class

100 PH candidates left = 220 spots left.

30 EMS could be recycled from July 2013 = 190 spots left. (hopefully not that many recycle...)

190 spots to fill at the 1:3 ratio = 570
    1:4 ratio = 760
    1:5 ratio = 950

Considering it's the top of the list I would bank on the 1:3 or 1:4 hiring ratio. Of course these numbers could fluctuate depending on how many PH's they hire and how many EMS actually recycle etc. But just throwing some numbers out there that seem realistic.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2024 View Post
    In the January class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Not to mention the EMS that didn't make the first class. They will be able to recycle themselves into the January class if need be. I pray it's not as many as the first class because otherwise That only leaves about 190 spots left for OC.

Math:

320 for a full class

100 PH candidates left = 220 spots left.

30 EMS could be recycled from July 2013 = 190 spots left. (hopefully not that many recycle...)

190 spots to fill at the 1:3 ratio = 570
    1:4 ratio = 760
    1:5 ratio = 950

Considering it's the top of the list I would bank on the 1:3 or 1:4 hiring ratio. Of course these numbers could fluctuate depending on how many PH's they hire and how many EMS actually recycle etc. But just throwing some numbers out there that seem realistic.

this assumes that besides EMS who recycle, there will be no other promo's in the class. Only way that happens is if there are no others left on list 2500. I don't think that's true.

Forum Member

Accord to the court documents, the city is required to hire 293 people from the priority list. That means if there is indeed 193 in this upcoming class, the city would not be obligated to hire any more than 100 candidates from the priority list, for the next class, to meet the requirement of the court.

Of course, any number of things could happen, including there being less than 193 candidates in this class. I am only using the numbers that were posted here earlier (125 and 86 = 193) and those could very well be inaccurate. Once the city hires 293, they are not obligated to continue to hire off of that list.

What appears to have happened here is that many people did not pass the stair or had some other reason for being delayed. I think most probably pass on the second stair trial or get whatever else straightened out.
    Last edited by Minerva; 06-21-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Forum Member

Accord to the court documents, the city is required to hire 293 people from the priority list. That means if there is indeed 193 in this upcoming class, the city would not be obligated to hire any more than 100 candidates from the priority list, for the next class, to meet the requirement of the court.

Of course, any number of things could happen, including there being less than 193 candidates in this class. I am only using the numbers that were posted here earlier (125 and 86 = 193) and those could very well be inaccurate. Once the city hires 293, they are not obligated to continue to hire off of that list.

What appears to have happened here is that many people did not pass the stair or had some other reason for being delayed. I think most probably pass on the second stair trial or get whatever else straightened out.
    It doesn't add up that they would get anywhere near the maximum of 293 PH's total. Even the priority hires that came on here say its closer to 100. Think about it, the pool they are allowed to draw from to reach the 293 is only the 450 or so that "passed" the exam. They can't just magically create new priority hires out of nowhere. Once that last 450th person gets reached that's it. And common sense would indicate that if your standard hiring ratio is 4:1 the initial reports of about 100 PHs passing all the remaining steps seems the most logical. Basically, there's no way you get a full 293 guys from 450 candidates unless the Vulcans were the only ones testing them.
    ireedmymail likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    It doesn't add up that they would get anywhere near the maximum of 293 PH's total. Even the priority hires that came on here say its closer to 100. Think about it, the pool they are allowed to draw from to reach the 293 is only the 450 or so that "passed" the exam. They can't just magically create new priority hires out of nowhere. Once that last 450th person gets reached that's it. And common sense would indicate that if your standard hiring ratio is 4:1 the initial reports of about 100 PHs passing all the remaining steps seems the most logical. Basically, there's no way you get a full 293 guys from 450 candidates unless the Vulcans were the only ones testing them.
    That's a good point, even the PHs that came on here said there were only about 100-150 that made it through. That's why I'm shocked all of a sudden everyone is throwing out these crazy numbers.

Forum Member

aight gotta stop with the number speculation. It's making me crazy. And im a numbers guy. If you dont know what you're talking about plz dont talk.

The MAXIMUM number of PHs is 293. They dont have to take 293 if there are not 293 qualified candidates. (which I believe almostthere said there are about 150 PHs if I remember correctly)

"the standard hiring ratio" that is for the OC list where the large majority of individuals decide not to take the job. If the standard ratio for passing was 1:4 we should all be very nervous and looking for another job. Im sure the PHs hiring ratio looks more similar to the EMS promo ratio of 1.5:1

Forum Member

128 is the max of black candidates that can be place in the July class.
    68 is the max of Latino candidates that can be place in the July class.
    They do not have 293 candidates from the Ph list.
    As per the meeting there will be some Latino candidates left to be place in the January class.
    At the meeting it was also said there will not be 128 black candidates for the July it will be less than that.

Forum Member

I'm going by what was talk about in the Vulcan meeting that took place last week. There were more Latino then black candidates. All black candidates should be going in for this July class and some of the Latinos. There will be some Latinos left for the January class. If any one of the Ph defer they are not ganrenteed a spot for the January class.

Ps. It's way less then 100 Ph for the January class. They do not have 293 Ph.
    Last edited by Fdnyman; 06-21-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    128 is the max of black candidates that can be place in the July class.
    68 is the max of Latino candidates that can be place in the July class.
    They do not have 293 candidates from the Ph list.
    As per the meeting there will be some Latino candidates left to be place in the January class.
    At the meeting it was also said there will not be 128 black candidates for the July it will be less than that.

Unless I'm missing something I think the max they could have for Latino PHs in the July class is 64.

320/5=64. so 1x64=64 for the Latino candidates and 2x64=128 for the black candidates

Forum Member

Unless I'm missing something I think the max they could have for Latino PHs in the July class is 64.

320/5=64. so 1x64=64 for the Latino candidates and 2x64=128 for the black candidates
    You are right. Once we receive the list i will be able to provide you guys with how many black totals and how many Latinos totals on the Ph list. Then you guys can get an ideal of how many people will be left for the January class.
    River6019 and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    You are right. Once we receive the list i will be able to provide you guys with how many black totals and how many Latinos totals on the Ph list. Then you guys can get an ideal of how many people will be left for the January class.
    That will be very valuable info. Thanks.

Thread Information