Like Tree9539Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #14426
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IDONTKNOW View Post
    Hey dude, if you don't mind can you personal message me who your investigator is? I have heard from many people with higher list numbers that their references have received the letters. I haven't been informed that there is any problem with my investigation and my references haven't received anything. Anyone know if this is a reason to be concerned??
    Hey man, I rather not only because I haven't said the most kind words about him/her on this page. I'm calling my investigator tomorrow to figure it all out. Hopefully all is well.

  2. #14427
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Hey man, I rather not only because I haven't said the most kind words about him/her on this page. I'm calling my investigator tomorrow to figure it all out. Hopefully all is well.
    No problem completely understand. I called two days ago and got one word answers. Just trying to figure out when the reference letters are going out and can't seem to get an answer from mine. Good luck.
    Mtk123 likes this.

  3. #14428
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Just a random investigation question if anyone has any insight, on the residence part of the packet I obviously am writing my home address, but I went away to college and bc I lived there for over 3 months I will write my addresses at college from the 4 years. Just wondering if this will have any negative effect or if they just take into account I was at school but I was the whole time a NYC resident

  4. #14429
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    I don't see the big hurry to get them to send out the reference letters, they have so much on their plate. If you are on the list to get in, they will get them out to your references. That is something you can't control, you guys need to concentrate on the things you can, like W2s, bank statements, drivers abstract, and SS printout, etc.

  5. #14430
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    Just a random investigation question if anyone has any insight, on the residence part of the packet I obviously am writing my home address, but I went away to college and bc I lived there for over 3 months I will write my addresses at college from the 4 years. Just wondering if this will have any negative effect or if they just take into account I was at school but I was the whole time a NYC resident
    I don't seeing that being a problem, since you were (most likely) under your parents support at that time. I feel like a lot of people went away to school but were NYC residents and were also being claimed as dependents by their parents at the time. But then again, I don't know. I commuted -_-
    Last edited by mocon337; 09-24-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  6. #14431
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I don't seeing that being a problem, since you were (most likely) under your parents support at that time. I feel like a lot of people went away to school but were NYC residents and were also being claimed as dependents by their parents at the time. But then again, I don't know. I commuted -_-
    Yea that's what I figured as long as they know I was under my parents roof and I was a dependent of theres then lets hope it should not be a problem

  7. #14432
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Yea because I remember a few guys a while back saying that The Rock could definitely accommodate two classes at once. I don't even need those 2.5/3 classes to be happy, just send me a ****ing piece of mail of any kind.

    The Rock cannot accomodate 2 classes at once. One class of 300+ stretches accommodations to the breaking point. There are only so many lockers for both firefighting gear and personal affects.

  8. #14433
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    The Rock cannot accomodate 2 classes at once. One class of 300+ stretches accommodations to the breaking point. There are only so many lockers for both firefighting gear and personal affects.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  9. #14434
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I don't seeing that being a problem, since you were (most likely) under your parents support at that time. I feel like a lot of people went away to school but were NYC residents and were also being claimed as dependents by their parents at the time. But then again, I don't know. I commuted -_-
    I feel like they needed to make it a little more clear how they will deal with situations like this. I kind of have the opposite situation. I was a college senior in the Bronx at the time they are asking for residency. At this time I was "supported by my parents financially", and my parents and I are from Long Island. Its just such a weird situation because I had an off campus apartment (with lease and bills) for the whole year they are asking, thus being a new york city resident while being supported by my parents on Long Island. I have also since maintained city residency in hopes to show consistency. Who knows how this will play out...
    Last edited by brian_patrick; 09-24-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

  10. #14435
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    I feel like they needed to make it a little more clear how they will deal with situations like this. I kind of have the opposite situation. I was a college senior in the Bronx at the time they are asking for residency. At this time I was "supported by my parents financially", and my parents and I are from Long Island. Its just such a weird situation because I had an off campus apartment (with lease and bills) for the whole year they are asking, thus being a new york city resident while being supported by my parents on Long Island. I have also since maintained city residency in hopes to show consistency. Who knows how this will play out...
    Yea they definitely should've been more clear. I was 19 at the time of app and luckily went to school/lived here. I'm guessing they gave that u-21 option for residency for that reason, but who knows when it comes to the city's way of thinking. I guess if you have the bills and stuff though, there'd be no need to show you were a dependent, right?
    Last edited by mocon337; 09-24-2013 at 11:36 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  11. #14436
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Guys, I have my DCAS CPAT orientation tomorrow at 1:00. Any recommendations on what to wear to this session? Will there be a practice event given tomorrow? Appreciate the info.

  12. #14437
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I don't see the big hurry to get them to send out the reference letters, they have so much on their plate. If you are on the list to get in, they will get them out to your references. That is something you can't control, you guys need to concentrate on the things you can, like W2s, bank statements, drivers abstract, and SS printout, etc.
    Well I've been through the whole investigation process already. I've done every step in the hiring process minus the 1.5 mile run. I'm just making sure zero paperwork goes missing, as its happened in the past and can easily happen to any candidate who's not on top of their investigator.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  13. #14438
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    If I can remember correctly, that was one of the last things done in the process. I had most if my stuff in, anthem my references let me know that they received the letters.

  14. #14439
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    I overheard instructors at the rock talking before the cpat orientation started.

    They said cassano wants to do more than 2 a year but they are waiting on approval.

  15. #14440
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I overheard instructors at the rock talking before the cpat orientation started.

    They said cassano wants to do more than 2 a year but they are waiting on approval.
    That makes sense being the the Lt. said the next class after this January one, will be "starting in the spring- late May or early June." If that's the case then that means they are trying rush a class in immediately after the January one because the January class would be ending in mid to late May.

  16. #14441
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    That makes sense being the the Lt. said the next class after this January one, will be "starting in the spring- late May or early June." If that's the case then that means they are trying rush a class in immediately after the January one because the January class would be ending in mid to late May.
    So if the next class starts mid to late may we can assume the following class is October/november?

  17. #14442
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    So if the next class starts mid to late may we can assume the following class is October/november?
    Probably more likely to be in November rather then October. You gotta think that they need some time in between classes, but It's definitely possible. I think they just may be cutting back on the amount of time in between classes. I mean think about it, there was like a month and a half in between the first end of the January 2013 class and the June 2013 class. If you cut that down then it's very possible that they will start start the next class in early January of 2014, have it end in mid May and start the next class in early June. Just my opinion though.

  18. #14443
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Well I've been through the whole investigation process already. I've done every step in the hiring process minus the 1.5 mile run. I'm just making sure zero paperwork goes missing, as its happened in the past and can easily happen to any candidate who's not on top of their investigator.
    Mine sent out the reference letters yesterday

  19. #14444
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Probably more likely to be in November rather then October. You gotta think that they need some time in between classes, but It's definitely possible. I think they just may be cutting back on the amount of time in between classes. I mean think about it, there was like a month and a half in between the first end of the January 2013 class and the June 2013 class. If you cut that down then it's very possible that they will start start the next class in early January of 2014, have it end in mid May and start the next class in early June. Just my opinion though.
    I figured the time in between the last classes was just to finish processing candidates. I can't imagine the instructors needing "time off" when they are firefighters that opted for the work at the academy. I assume They work Monday thru Friday.

  20. #14445
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    i wonder when they will start sending out run letters, im in the upper 500's and finished the process last week. the more notice they better for me

  21. #14446
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    i wonder when they will start sending out run letters, im in the upper 500's and finished the process last week. the more notice they better for me
    I was always under the impression the run letters come a few weeks in advance of the class.

  22. #14447
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Mine sent out the reference letters yesterday
    Great. My investigator emailed me and told me that they had recieved my last bit of paperwork in the mail. So I responded with an email asking "So am I 100% good to go? Anything else you need from me?" (obviously written a little more professionally). Your investigator told you that they sent them out? Like everyone's? or specifically just yours?

  23. #14448
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    i wonder when they will start sending out run letters, im in the upper 500's and finished the process last week. the more notice they better for me
    The run is done within 2 or so weeks of the academy start date.

  24. #14449
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    I figured the time in between the last classes was just to finish processing candidates. I can't imagine the instructors needing "time off" when they are firefighters that opted for the work at the academy. I assume They work Monday thru Friday.
    Ah. I hate to squash this but my cousin is a D.I and while yes they as you say "opt" for duty it is not something they ask of everyone. They prefer the D.I's to have a military background and its an honor to be selected. That being said it is not simply a Monday through Friday endeavor. They are there before the probies and stay till they are all gone. They come in on Saturdays to help with additional skills training and yes they also have wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends and or kids. Three classes a year is a lot to demand of them. If asked they will of course step up to the plate because they are professionals but to make an assumption is at the very least presumptuous.

  25. #14450
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Ah. I hate to squash this but my cousin is a D.I and while yes they as you say "opt" for duty it is not something they ask of everyone. They prefer the D.I's to have a military background and its an honor to be selected. That being said it is not simply a Monday through Friday endeavor. They are there before the probies and stay till they are all gone. They come in on Saturdays to help with additional skills training and yes they also have wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends and or kids. Three classes a year is a lot to demand of them. If asked they will of course step up to the plate because they are professionals but to make an assumption is at the very least presumptuous.
    There's nothing to squash like i said it was a assumption.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register