Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 579 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 794795295695765775785795805815825896296791079 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,580 of 22884
Like Tree8996Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

This came from a one-on-one talk that I had with a guy from cpat that was present at the meet.
    He stated that Guys from the Oc list was process in the event that ems an Ph did not pass the run. That they did not want to starte the Oc list for just a hand full of guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    You are right. Once we receive the list i will be able to provide you guys with how many black totals and how many Latinos totals on the Ph list. Then you guys can get an ideal of how many people will be left for the January class.
    Yes, that would be valuable Information, but remember, one of the speakers stated that such list was not avialble on June 5th because DCAS wasn't comfortable with such as list, to the point they don't even want to create one. Hopefully DCAS has a change of heart because this list will answer a lot of questions. It sucks to not have a list available for the public because it leaves a lot of unanswered questions and a lot of speculations.

Forum Member

With the leftover PH's and EMS promos after this July class I think we're looking at at least 200 candidates off the OC list going into the January class. That said, it's also been rumored that after the PH's they want to start banging classes out one after the other. Is there a chance that after this July class they will start that, so the class we all think will start in January 2014 Could actually start in December 2013 and that July 2014 class couple maybe start around May of 2014 instead ?

I know anything can happen but I'm trying to maintain my sanity by thinking positive lol.
    River6019 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Lol wishful thinking. These rumors here are getting wild. I just wanna press fast foward to july and see concrete numbers. All these equations and formulas are crazy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Yes, that would be valuable Information, but remember, one of the speakers stated that such list was not avialble on June 5th because DCAS wasn't comfortable with such as list, to the point they don't even want to create one. Hopefully DCAS has a change of heart because this list will answer a lot of questions. It sucks to not have a list available for the public because it leaves a lot of unanswered questions and a lot of speculations.
    I would imagine they are trying to avoid PHs being harassed anymore than they may be. No reason to release names. Not much good will come of it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    It doesn't add up that they would get anywhere near the maximum of 293 PH's total. Even the priority hires that came on here say its closer to 100. Think about it, the pool they are allowed to draw from to reach the 293 is only the 450 or so that "passed" the exam. They can't just magically create new priority hires out of nowhere. Once that last 450th person gets reached that's it. And common sense would indicate that if your standard hiring ratio is 4:1 the initial reports of about 100 PHs passing all the remaining steps seems the most logical. Basically, there's no way you get a full 293 guys from 450 candidates unless the Vulcans were the only ones testing them.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear enough in what I wrote. I was referring to the maximum number of candidates the city COULD hire. I did not mean to say the city has to. If there isnt 293 candidates available, then they would simply hire the total number of candidates that are qualified, whatever number that may be. I was only writing about what could happen based the court order, not about will actually happen.

The bottom line is that nobody knows EXACTLY what the numbers are going to be and won't until the class goes in. And even then, the distributions still might not even be known. The only thing that's for certain, is that whatever number of priority candidates qualify, those people will be hired.

Also, since nobody knows exactly what he ratio is, I was not applying 4:1, especially since that number is generally derived from past open competitive lists.
    Last edited by Minerva; 06-21-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Forum Member

I wouldn't want to run into a burning building with some "priority hire" or a recycled emt... just sayin.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny101ABN View Post
    I wouldn't want to run into a burning building with some "priority hire" or a recycled emt... just sayin.
    If you are applying for the FDNY, you have no choice. Lets not make it like some PH and EMT's are the only ones not suited for the job. You take the oath to save lives, and what if a PH or a recycled EMT saves your life, will you still think the same? I'm not hear to argue... just sayin.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 06-21-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    If you are applying for the FDNY, you have no choice. Lets not make it like some PH and EMT's are the only ones not suited for the job. You take the oath to save lives, and what if a PH or a recycled EMT saves your life, will you still think the same? I'm not hear to argue... just sayin.
    The 1 who beats his chest the hardest is usually the biggest coward..

Alot of people in the army I didn't feel comfy with going outside the wire with...
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

Forum Member

isnt the 1.5 Run scheduled for some where aroun the beginning of the next month? like the tenth or before? If so we will know then.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Sorry about my crazy number speculations before, haha. Just workin' with what I got, which ain't much...

Lets hope not too many PH's are left over for the January class. I wanna see the 3-4 guys who post here regularly in the 1000-1200's get into this class! I got a few buddies of my own in that range too.
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny101ABN View Post
    Then maybe you should reconsider where you want to work. By the time you could potentially be hired off the next exam emts and PHs will probably have ~5 years and be the ones showing you the ropes.

It's clear from your post history that you are bitter about the way you got screwed out of the job. I can't blame you for that, however you aren't really adding much to the conversation here. Recycled is not negative, as you imply. If you are injured or get sick and miss too much time you'll be dropped, generally (as I understand it) with the option to recycle into the next class.

Really, it sucks that you were one of the ones screwed out of that class that almost made it, but you gotta take charge of the situation. Many of the people in the first class were in the same situation as you, and chose to deal with it by sucking it up and becoming EMTs for a couple of years.

Forum Member

I was down at Metrotech today, and I want to pass along some information in regards to the rumors of there being no OC candidates for the July academy. The reason why they issued medicals, psychological, etc. for the 300 candidates off the OC list is just in case there is a significant amount of people from the PH list and the EMS promotional that fail the run. For every person that fails the run they will call candidates from the OC list to fill in the vacancies, which makes sense since they are doing the run so much earlier than usual. The extra few weeks is to buy them time to call people off of the OC list if need be. The more people fail, the more people they will use from the 300 on the OC list for the July academy. If all the priority hires and EMS pass the run, then there won't be many or any guys from the OC list. My mentor asked one of the behind the scenes people. I honestly don't know who the person was, but I just want to relay what I was told. Hope you guys find this useful. Letters are said to go out this upcoming week for the run. The run will start July 9th and 10th, and go on until they have enough candidates for the class.
    River6019 likes this.
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-USCG View Post
    I was down at Metrotech today, and I want to pass along some information in regards to the rumors of there being no OC candidates for the July academy. The reason why they issued medicals, psychological, etc. for the 300 candidates off the OC list is just in case there is a significant amount of people from the PH list and the EMS promotional that fail the run. For every person that fails the run they will call candidates from the OC list to fill in the vacancies, which makes sense since they are doing the run so much earlier than usual. The extra few weeks is to buy them time to call people off of the OC list if need be. The more people fail, the more people they will use from the 300 on the OC list for the July academy. If all the priority hires and EMS pass the run, then there won't be many or any guys from the OC list. My mentor asked one of the behind the scenes people. I honestly don't know who the person was, but I just want to relay what I was told. Hope you guys find this useful. Letters are said to go out this upcoming week for the run. The run will start July 9th and 10th, and go on until they have enough candidates for the class.
    13 mins for mile and half isnt all that hard especially if you have done any kind of training for it. Does anyone know what the usually number is for 1 out of how many fail?

Also why wouldnt they draw from the "extra" Phs?
    Last edited by coldblood92; 06-22-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    13 mins for mile and half isnt all that hard especially if you have done any kind of training for it. Does anyone know what the usually number is for 1 out of how many fail?

Also why wouldnt they draw from the "extra" Phs?
    Good question, they are calling extra off the PHs list. But, they are still preparing for a substanial amount of PHs to fail.

Forum Member

Firefighter exam 2000-001 list was released today? Can anyone explain what this is
    http://thechiefleader.com/news/civil...a4bcf6878.html
    FDNY EXAM 2000
    Score: 100
    List Number: 22xx

Forum Member

Good question, they are calling extra off the PHs list. But, they are still preparing for a substanial amount of PHs to fail.
    In ur opinion do you think a lot of PHs will fail the run? Because truthfully I do not

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DREAMOFFDNY View Post
    Firefighter exam 2000-001 list was released today? Can anyone explain what this is
    http://thechiefleader.com/news/civil...a4bcf6878.html
    Can't see it, I need to register. Maybe I will when I get home.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    In ur opinion do you think a lot of PHs will fail the run? Because truthfully I do not
    From what I've seen at our weekly workouts at prospect park, no. A lot of guys are really putting in the effort. Also, I just found out that there are also workout session that we hold in manhattan, bronx and of course brooklyn. The point I am trying to make the PHs are taking this serious.

Forum Member

From what I've seen at our weekly workouts at prospect park, no. A lot of guys are really putting in the effort. Also, I just found out that there are also workout session that we hold in manhattan, bronx and of course brooklyn. The point I am trying to make the PHs are taking this serious.
    Which i was assuming they would be.

Thread Information