Like Tree9533Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Great. My investigator emailed me and told me that they had recieved my last bit of paperwork in the mail. So I responded with an email asking "So am I 100% good to go? Anything else you need from me?" (obviously written a little more professionally). Your investigator told you that they sent them out? Like everyone's? or specifically just yours?
    Well mine specifically every investigator is different and will do things on their own time but my neighbor I listed for a reference received his form to fill out on Saturday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Great. My investigator emailed me and told me that they had recieved my last bit of paperwork in the mail. So I responded with an email asking "So am I 100% good to go? Anything else you need from me?" (obviously written a little more professionally). Your investigator told you that they sent them out? Like everyone's? or specifically just yours?
    It sounds to me that you and I might have the same investigator. Everybody else keep talking about their investigator like they're their next door neighbor or something. Mine:its like a ghost in the wind. Good luck though. I hope he/she responds.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

I have my intake interview tomorrow, just wanted to know if anyone knows why the parking is like down at metrotech. Any info is much appreciated.

Forum Member

By the way, I was wondering if anyone else gets a weird feeling in their sternum after using the weighted vest for an extended period. I know it's not a heart issue (I go to a cardiologist annually). I'm at about 50lbs. for 10 minutes now. It's not really a pain but more so a feeling that my sternum needs to be cracked haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    I have my intake interview tomorrow, just wanted to know if anyone knows why the parking is like down at metrotech. Any info is much appreciated.
    There are a tons of lots, and parking garages there to park in. Just bring money with you, cause it's probably not gonna be cheap. It's worth it, cause I pull up, they take my car, and I'm done with it. No worries about tow, or tickets. I'd say it'll cost between $20-30, maybe a little more. One time, I found a lot for $18, but the next time I came it was $25.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    By the way, I was wondering if anyone else gets a weird feeling in their sternum after using the weighted vest for an extended period. I know it's not a heart issue (I go to a cardiologist annually). I'm at about 50lbs. for 10 minutes now. It's not really a pain but more so a feeling that my sternum needs to be cracked haha.
    Every once and a while I get, it almost feels like in having trouble breathing but yet I'm breathing fine lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    There are a tons of lots, and parking garages there to park in. Just bring money with you, cause it's probably not gonna be cheap. It's worth it, cause I pull up, they take my car, and I'm done with it. No worries about tow, or tickets. I'd say it'll cost between $20-30, maybe a little more. One time, I found a lot for $18, but the next time I came it was $25.
    Yeah I'd be better off paying the extra rather than worrying about getting a ticket. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Every once and a while I get, it almost feels like in having trouble breathing but yet I'm breathing fine lol.
    Yea it almost feels like a black and blue or a stiff neck haha
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Can't say that I have.. But It could be from your diaphragm and other muscles working harder to expand due to the extra weight... Or the weight sort of bearing down on your shoulders..

Forum Member

To anyone who has already went to the CPAT prep, is it an actual workout that's being done or just going through the motions? I'm debating whether I should workout in the morning as per my normal routine

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firehopeful88 View Post
    To anyone who has already went to the CPAT prep, is it an actual workout that's being done or just going through the motions? I'm debating whether I should workout in the morning as per my normal routine
    Well after the first week where they show you each event, the next week is a time trial. That is not so bad but the "extra work" they assign after is pretty rough. I would say workout easy the morning of or not at all. They work you pretty hard.

Forum Member

Tomorrow is my first day. Is it just a walk through each event? Any "extra work" on the first day?

Forum Member

The F.D.N.Y. Emerald Society Pipes & Drums is proud to announce the documentary premiere of Through Triumph & Tragedy - 50 Years Of The F.D.N.Y. Pipes & Drums.

The documentary screening will take place on October 12, 2013, at the Frank Sinatra School Of The Performing Arts/ Tony Bennett Concert Hall in Long Island City, Queens.

Directly Following will be a celebration at Studio Square, one block away which includes a performance by the F.D.N.Y. Pipes & Drums.

The screening of the documentary will take place at the Tony Bennett Concert Hall. Doors open at 5:15 pm and ceremony and screening starts promptly at 6:00 p.m. Seating is limited.

A cocktail reception will be held at Studio Square, one half block away from theater. Celebration will include four hour top shelf open bar, dinner buffet, live music and a performance by the F.D.N.Y. Emerald Society Pipes & Drums.

The event is $125.00 per person which includes both the screening and after party. Tickets will be sold online at the website below. There will be no assigned seating and tickets are limited.

To purchase tickets, go to: https://fdnypipesanddrums.ticketbud.com/documentary

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Be careful with those garages though, because they have a "no liability" policy.. so if your car gets damaged while in the garage, like lets say they side swipe another car while parking it or accidently swipe it with another car after its parked, they aren't at all responsible and its all on you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firehopeful88 View Post
    I just went today.. Today it was a basic walk through, where you try each event but without the vest and it's not timed.. Each event was pretty easy.. you try the stair master at the end, or atleast that's what I did today. The events were pretty easy, BUT, I definitely wouldn't do any workout the day of or before.

I worked out the last 5 days in a row, and even though the cpat events weren't hard, my body was achy from the working out and then doing the cpat.. so better to take it easy the day of and feel good during the cpat training.

Forum Member

Who here bought a vest?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Who here bought a vest?
    I WAS There today! and i bought a vest.

I was the guy in the first seat first row, talking the whole time before we got started. white guy big nose
    John246 likes this.

Forum Member

Be careful with those garages though, because they have a "no liability" policy.. so if your car gets damaged while in the garage, like lets say they side swipe another car while parking it or accidently swipe it with another car after its parked, they aren't at all responsible and its all on you.
    There are plenty of legit lots there, and there are the backyard ones.

Forum Member

Who here bought a vest?
    I did.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZFO-Sports-8...item4d01ff12c9

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    Exact same one I practiced with through the process. Held up well too.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Exact same one I practiced with through the process. Held up well too.
    Perfect. I'm excited about receiving it soon. The description says the weights are adjustable, and i'm wondering how much does each plate weigh..Does it say on them?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    Perfect. I'm excited about receiving it soon. The description says the weights are adjustable, and i'm wondering how much does each plate weigh..Does it say on them?
    There's 20 pockets for the weights. The weights are sand bags and each one is 4lbs. They're a little tough to fit in but you probably won't be using all 80lbs anyway. I passed my medical and cpat and never had more than 60lbs in it.

Forum Member

I bought a 60 LB

Forum Member

I bought a 60 LB
    I use a 60lb vest, wish I knew where to buy additional weight to add on

Forum Member

Any updates on how the class is going? Are you guys past the halfway mark yet?

Thread Information