Like Tree9617Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

spiderneck i couldn't agree with you more... I think its groups and organizations like this that keep us divided.

Forum Member

Congrats to all that have been called

Just a little update:
    Can PH recycle for January class if they quit YES.
    Its not only PH that are dropping from the class its also EMS as well.
    One DI stated he thinks more EMS left then PH.
    Yes some are dropping because of academic but its mostly because of FST and hands on.
    Ex. One probie had a 90 average but because that probie failed hands on and FST the person was let go.
    Alot of guys on here talk about people dropping but until you are in that Position to talk don't judge.
    I see the same people that was talking about others failing the stair portion of the test also failed it and had to do the 8mins.
    The academy is no walk in the park. When you think you have something down pack practice it again until YOU can do that **** in your sleep.
    But congrats to all you will be at the rock in a couple of months...
    Am counting down the days until graduation I feel blessed to be at the rock.
    Last edited by Fdnyman; 09-28-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Forum Member

Got the letter for my medical today, October 10th.
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    good to hear, whats your list number around?

Also, now that fdnyman mentions it, we havent heard any updated rumors on the amount of EMS and PHs left for the upcoming class. Anyone have and insight or opinions?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    holy **** you have to have a score of 102; right? what is your list number?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post

Just a little update:
    Yes some are dropping because of academic but its mostly because of FST and hands on.
    Ex. One probie had a 90 average but because that probie failed hands on and FST the person was let go.
    Alot of guys on here talk about people dropping but until you are in that Position to talk don't judge.
    I see the same people that was talking about others failing the stair portion of the test also failed it and had to do the 8mins.
    The academy is no walk in the park. When you think you have something down pack practice it again until YOU can do that **** in your sleep.
    Not saying your info is incorrect, but I just don't get why so many people on here (both PHs and guys on the job) said that PHs could not recycle for any reason other than injury.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    good to hear, whats your list number around?

Also, now that fdnyman mentions it, we havent heard any updated rumors on the amount of EMS and PHs left for the upcoming class. Anyone have and insight or opinions?
    I am in the mid 700s

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post

Just a little update:
    No I will talk as much as I want when undeserving people are given not 1 but 2 cracks at a job they don't deserve.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    No I will talk as much as I want when undeserving people are given not 1 but 2 cracks at a job they don't deserve.
    Acttttualy, I think it's 3 times if they come back in January

Forum Member

Hey Whats sup guys...i scored 100 on this exam and im sure i have about a year or 2 until they reach my list number. So in the mean time ive actually started my own business...With that being said i just wanted to present the opportunity to the rest of you guys on here. The company is called Wake Up Now and there is no selling involved. Its all about saving, managing, and earning money with a residual income...If anyone is interested please email me at Kennylisath@gmail.com i will send you over tons of information about the business and how it all works...(please no negative comments, if your not interested just continue to scroll down) if you guys know of anyone else who is interested please feel free to pass this info along. also congrats to the guys that are getting their letters and hiring process started.

Forum Member

So basically we have 70 drops (and counting) who will be coming back, plus the 64 remaining PH and the remaining EMS (we don't know that number) which leaves us with only 100 spots (if that). Great. So with List No. 4## I won't expect to be called until 3 years from now. Awesome

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    So basically we have 70 drops (and counting) who will be coming back, plus the 64 remaining PH and the remaining EMS (we don't know that number) which leaves us with only 100 spots (if that). Great. So with List No. 4## I won't expect to be called until 3 years from now. Awesome
    how did this gorilla math leave you with only 100 spots? If you really don't think they will reach your number(for the jan class) im more than willing to give you 2:1 on it, for any amount. PM me

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    The guy is in the academy and saying "you can talk all the smack you want, you just don't know until you get here."

He is correct.

edit: I expect they will have the same problem from some OC candidates, though I doubt it will be nearly as bad as the current class.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 09-29-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Forum Member

I'm with you. I'm 2xx and I'm not even sure what's going on for January.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    how did this gorilla math leave you with only 100 spots? If you really don't think they will reach your number(for the jan class) im more than willing to give you 2:1 on it, for any amount. PM me
    I know I'm coming off as very pessimistic here but the fact that there are 70 drops constitutes a lot of the remaining spots left for the January class.

Forum Member

Also, I was exaggerating with the three years part. (I hope)

Forum Member

Also, I was exaggerating with the three years part. (I hope)
    LOL i understand... but honestly...I think the guys that have more worrying to do over spots fall within the 700-1000 range
    DannyD0pe likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    LOL i understand... but honestly...I think the guys that have more worrying to do over spots fall within the 700-1000 range
    Yeah, I keep hearing rumors that it's probable that the 600s are getting into January's class.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 09-29-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Forum Member

Im in the 530's and im starting to doubt getting in for January class ....ehhh frustrating but just gonna work out and keep hustling

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    Im in the 530's and im starting to doubt getting in for January class ....ehhh frustrating but just gonna work out and keep hustling
    I'm low 300's, and I haven't, and still don't get the warm and fuzzies about January. Just so many unknown variables! But on a brighter note, thank god the Giants had a bye week, they need the rest...wait...what? The Giants played today?! lol! I cant watch them anymore, they give me heart burn, high blood pressure, and the runs...which I wish they had!!

Forum Member

Breaking Bad has finally ended and cemented it's place as the GOAT no now I can dedicate all my time to training.
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

got my medical letter in the mail on saturday. Oct 10th.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    got my medical letter in the mail on saturday. Oct 10th.
    Same here 10/10/13
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Its exciting that people in the 102's are getting medical notices! I know we're all doom and gloom about the prospect of 70+ failures recycling and taking up spots but it might not be that bad. I'm sure there will be plenty of recycles but honestly I think most of these guys/ gals know they don't have it in them to ever get through and are just gonna be done. I really hope they do the right thing and let their spots go to people who are actually ready for them.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I really hate trying to guess numbers, because there is far too much information that is unknown, but I think that approximately half of the next class with be from list 2000.

And hey, it could be worse - It wasn't too long ago that the City wasn't hiring and couldn't have hired, even if they wanted.

Thread Information