Like Tree11287Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Its exciting that people in the 102's are getting medical notices! I know we're all doom and gloom about the prospect of 70+ failures recycling and taking up spots but it might not be that bad. I'm sure there will be plenty of recycles but honestly I think most of these guys/ gals know they don't have it in them to ever get through and are just gonna be done. I really hope they do the right thing and let their spots go to people who are actually ready for them.
    If I was a betting man, which I'm not but if I was, I would bet at least 10-15 out of the 70 drops thus far will decide not to return. There is bound to be a few out of that group that realize this is not for them and there is no amount of money that will change that.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Went to CPAT training this weekend and practiced the stairs, am I the only one that thought the vest that we will use for the CPAT and medical weighed a lot less than 75 pounds ? Maybe it's the way it's distributed throughout the vest or I had some extra adrenaline but it felt less than the vest I'm using at 65-70 pounds.
    Dannypanigale likes this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    Same here 10/10/13
    im the kid who was in your cpat training group lol, and metro tech
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Went to CPAT training this weekend and practiced the stairs, am I the only one that thought the vest that we will use for the CPAT and medical weighed a lot less than 75 pounds ? Maybe it's the way it's distributed throughout the vest or I had some extra adrenaline but it felt less than the vest I'm using at 65-70 pounds.
    The vest itself is only 50#. Did they add the 2 12.5# shoulder weights?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    im the kid who was in your cpat training group lol, and metro tech
    Did you guys take your physical yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    The vest itself is only 50#. Did they add the 2 12.5# shoulder weights?
    Yeah, even with the shoulder weights I felt much more comfortable than I do with my own vest.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    got my medical letter in the mail on saturday. Oct 10th.

Good to hear guys int he 700s are getting called for the medical.
    FuDsNmYc likes this.

Forum Member

Cynicism running rampant around here. If I remember correctly, they weren't supposed to tap the OC list for July at all, and they got through about 100+ guys 2 weeks before it started. Stay positive guys.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quick question fellas I have my investigation coming up and on the conviction part i'm a little mixed up. I got a ticket drinking while camping like 5 years ago, the only problem is it was so long ago I don't even remember the charge. It was in a state park so its like a witch hunt to get that info, should I just put the location and the date and just write that im not sure what the actual charge was so at least they know im not trying to hide it ?

Forum Member

if you were actually arrested then they're gonna make you get the original disposition. if it was only a ticket i'm not sure what should be done...perhaps someone else might know.

Forum Member

yea I wasn't arrested, It was just a ticket, I sent the money order to PA and paid the fine and was done with it

Forum Member

Yeah, even with the shoulder weights I felt much more comfortable than I do with my own vest.
    I had this same discussion with someone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    yea I wasn't arrested, It was just a ticket, I sent the money order to PA and paid the fine and was done with it
    If you paid a fine then it means you were convicted. So yea u need the disposition.

Forum Member

Quick question fellas I have my investigation coming up and on the conviction part i'm a little mixed up. I got a ticket drinking while camping like 5 years ago, the only problem is it was so long ago I don't even remember the charge. It was in a state park so its like a witch hunt to get that info, should I just put the location and the date and just write that im not sure what the actual charge was so at least they know im not trying to hide it ?
    Would'nt the charge be "public drinking" or "open container"? Just call the agency that you paid the money to. They will tell you how to get the disposition. You DO remember the agency right? Just call em.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Would'nt the charge be "public drinking" or "open container"? Just call the agency that you paid the money to. They will tell you how to get the disposition. You DO remember the agency right? Just call em.
    Lol what happened was the guy gave me a charge that was different and a little less harsh to try and help me out so I don't wanna put like public intoxication if he gave me a very minor summons

MembersZone Subscriber

Guys who are getting medical letters for October... Did you take your cpat already?
    Exam #2000
    #10XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    Guys who are getting medical letters for October... Did you take your cpat already?
    No not yet, the CPAT's wont be until November (at least for me)
    NycQ83 likes this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    No not yet, the CPAT's wont be until November (at least for me)
    your getting your medical before you cpat? correct me if Im wrong, but thats different then what they usually do? Not saying something is wrong, I actually think this is good news and that they will be sending out a lot more medicals for higher up on the list.

What do you guys think?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    your getting your medical before you cpat? correct me if Im wrong, but thats different then what they usually do? Not saying something is wrong, I actually think this is good news and that they will be sending out a lot more medicals for higher up on the list.

What do you guys think?
    Sounds like they're trying to expedite the process no? I know for 6019 I took the CPAT before I did the medical exam.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post

What do you guys think?
    You're right. It's interesting. Only because I imagine a medical costing way more time/money/man power then the physical. And they wouldn't spend that money unless they thought there was a chance the list could go that far. But something is telling me we were saying the same thing last year when guys 300+ were getting medicals before the July class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Sounds like they're trying to expedite the process no? I know for 6019 I took the CPAT before I did the medical exam.
    Yea me too. It seems like these could be the early rounds of medicals and that hopefully they will have a couple of more rounds with in the next couple of months. By mid October they will have at least 700-800s guys with there medicals done with still 3 months to go before the January class goes in.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Lol what happened was the guy gave me a charge that was different and a little less harsh to try and help me out so I don't wanna put like public intoxication if he gave me a very minor summons
    Ok. So just call the agency. With just your name and address (which was on the ID that you showed the officer) they should be able to pull up whatever they have on you.

Forum Member

If he wanted to help out he shoulda just left you alone lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone like me that still needs the detailed earnings statement, good luck with that, it's one of the services cut during the gov't shut down.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Anyone like me that still needs the detailed earnings statement, good luck with that, it's one of the services cut during the gov't shut down.
    Oh crap. Wonder how DCAS is planning on dealing with this.
    List # 12XX

Thread Information