Like Tree11287Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #14551
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Its exciting that people in the 102's are getting medical notices! I know we're all doom and gloom about the prospect of 70+ failures recycling and taking up spots but it might not be that bad. I'm sure there will be plenty of recycles but honestly I think most of these guys/ gals know they don't have it in them to ever get through and are just gonna be done. I really hope they do the right thing and let their spots go to people who are actually ready for them.
    If I was a betting man, which I'm not but if I was, I would bet at least 10-15 out of the 70 drops thus far will decide not to return. There is bound to be a few out of that group that realize this is not for them and there is no amount of money that will change that.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  2. #14552
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Went to CPAT training this weekend and practiced the stairs, am I the only one that thought the vest that we will use for the CPAT and medical weighed a lot less than 75 pounds ? Maybe it's the way it's distributed throughout the vest or I had some extra adrenaline but it felt less than the vest I'm using at 65-70 pounds.
    Dannypanigale likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  3. #14553
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    Same here 10/10/13
    im the kid who was in your cpat training group lol, and metro tech
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

  4. #14554
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Went to CPAT training this weekend and practiced the stairs, am I the only one that thought the vest that we will use for the CPAT and medical weighed a lot less than 75 pounds ? Maybe it's the way it's distributed throughout the vest or I had some extra adrenaline but it felt less than the vest I'm using at 65-70 pounds.
    The vest itself is only 50#. Did they add the 2 12.5# shoulder weights?

  5. #14555
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    im the kid who was in your cpat training group lol, and metro tech
    Did you guys take your physical yet?

  6. #14556
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    The vest itself is only 50#. Did they add the 2 12.5# shoulder weights?
    Yeah, even with the shoulder weights I felt much more comfortable than I do with my own vest.

  7. #14557
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    got my medical letter in the mail on saturday. Oct 10th.

    Good to hear guys int he 700s are getting called for the medical.
    FuDsNmYc likes this.

  8. #14558
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Cynicism running rampant around here. If I remember correctly, they weren't supposed to tap the OC list for July at all, and they got through about 100+ guys 2 weeks before it started. Stay positive guys.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  9. #14559
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quick question fellas I have my investigation coming up and on the conviction part i'm a little mixed up. I got a ticket drinking while camping like 5 years ago, the only problem is it was so long ago I don't even remember the charge. It was in a state park so its like a witch hunt to get that info, should I just put the location and the date and just write that im not sure what the actual charge was so at least they know im not trying to hide it ?

  10. #14560
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    137

    Default

    if you were actually arrested then they're gonna make you get the original disposition. if it was only a ticket i'm not sure what should be done...perhaps someone else might know.

  11. #14561
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    yea I wasn't arrested, It was just a ticket, I sent the money order to PA and paid the fine and was done with it

  12. #14562
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Yeah, even with the shoulder weights I felt much more comfortable than I do with my own vest.
    I had this same discussion with someone.

  13. #14563
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    yea I wasn't arrested, It was just a ticket, I sent the money order to PA and paid the fine and was done with it
    If you paid a fine then it means you were convicted. So yea u need the disposition.

  14. #14564
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    Quick question fellas I have my investigation coming up and on the conviction part i'm a little mixed up. I got a ticket drinking while camping like 5 years ago, the only problem is it was so long ago I don't even remember the charge. It was in a state park so its like a witch hunt to get that info, should I just put the location and the date and just write that im not sure what the actual charge was so at least they know im not trying to hide it ?
    Would'nt the charge be "public drinking" or "open container"? Just call the agency that you paid the money to. They will tell you how to get the disposition. You DO remember the agency right? Just call em.

  15. #14565
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Would'nt the charge be "public drinking" or "open container"? Just call the agency that you paid the money to. They will tell you how to get the disposition. You DO remember the agency right? Just call em.
    Lol what happened was the guy gave me a charge that was different and a little less harsh to try and help me out so I don't wanna put like public intoxication if he gave me a very minor summons

  16. #14566
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Guys who are getting medical letters for October... Did you take your cpat already?
    Exam #2000
    102
    #10XX

  17. #14567
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    Guys who are getting medical letters for October... Did you take your cpat already?
    No not yet, the CPAT's wont be until November (at least for me)
    NycQ83 likes this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

  18. #14568
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    No not yet, the CPAT's wont be until November (at least for me)
    your getting your medical before you cpat? correct me if Im wrong, but thats different then what they usually do? Not saying something is wrong, I actually think this is good news and that they will be sending out a lot more medicals for higher up on the list.

    What do you guys think?

  19. #14569
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    your getting your medical before you cpat? correct me if Im wrong, but thats different then what they usually do? Not saying something is wrong, I actually think this is good news and that they will be sending out a lot more medicals for higher up on the list.

    What do you guys think?
    Sounds like they're trying to expedite the process no? I know for 6019 I took the CPAT before I did the medical exam.

  20. #14570
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    your getting your medical before you cpat? correct me if Im wrong, but thats different then what they usually do? Not saying something is wrong, I actually think this is good news and that they will be sending out a lot more medicals for higher up on the list.

    What do you guys think?
    You're right. It's interesting. Only because I imagine a medical costing way more time/money/man power then the physical. And they wouldn't spend that money unless they thought there was a chance the list could go that far. But something is telling me we were saying the same thing last year when guys 300+ were getting medicals before the July class.

  21. #14571
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Sounds like they're trying to expedite the process no? I know for 6019 I took the CPAT before I did the medical exam.
    Yea me too. It seems like these could be the early rounds of medicals and that hopefully they will have a couple of more rounds with in the next couple of months. By mid October they will have at least 700-800s guys with there medicals done with still 3 months to go before the January class goes in.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  22. #14572
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    Lol what happened was the guy gave me a charge that was different and a little less harsh to try and help me out so I don't wanna put like public intoxication if he gave me a very minor summons
    Ok. So just call the agency. With just your name and address (which was on the ID that you showed the officer) they should be able to pull up whatever they have on you.

  23. #14573
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    Lol what happened was the guy gave me a charge that was different and a little less harsh to try and help me out so I don't wanna put like public intoxication if he gave me a very minor summons
    If he wanted to help out he shoulda just left you alone lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  24. #14574
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Anyone like me that still needs the detailed earnings statement, good luck with that, it's one of the services cut during the gov't shut down.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  25. #14575
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Anyone like me that still needs the detailed earnings statement, good luck with that, it's one of the services cut during the gov't shut down.
    Oh crap. Wonder how DCAS is planning on dealing with this.
    List # 12XX

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 35 users browsing this thread. (13 members and 22 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. bacon,
  3. BD1017,
  4. bklynfd,
  5. fdnybk,
  6. fndyoneday,
  7. Matador611,
  8. MikeLarryM35,
  9. New Flyer,
  10. raiderman33,
  11. ready4fire,
  12. Smoove,
  13. thirdtimesacharm

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register