Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 584 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 844845345745815825835845855865875946346841084 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,680 of 23332
Like Tree9124Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    hey guys, a friend on the job told me that COD Kilduff (Chief of Department) said that there most likely wont be any OC guys in this class. That info we already know, but he did say that COD Kilduff also mentioned them trying to do 2 1/2 classes a year when things get going with the OC list. I know some people have mentioned hearing stuff like this earlier so I figured Id add too it with what I heard.

Again Im just passing on what a friend told me, but who knows if its true and how it would really work out. Some of you guys seem pretty bright, so take a crack at working the numbers and detail haha.
    They could do 3 a year if they wanted to, and if classes stay at 18 weeks. That would leave 2 weeks of overlap a year which could come in 1 week intervals at the end of 1 academy/start of the next one.

The option is there for them to do 2.5, depends if they want to do that.

Forum Member

Just wondering since no OC candidates will be in the July class, does that mean they will push back when the next round of processing packets are supposed to go out.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    hey guys, a friend on the job told me that COD Kilduff (Chief of Department) said that there most likely wont be any OC guys in this class. That info we already know, but he did say that COD Kilduff also mentioned them trying to do 2 1/2 classes a year when things get going with the OC list. I know some people have mentioned hearing stuff like this earlier so I figured Id add too it with what I heard.

Again Im just passing on what a friend told me, but who knows if its true and how it would really work out. Some of you guys seem pretty bright, so take a crack at working the numbers and detail haha.
    Heard something similar to this a couple times recently. Not sure if they intend to do it or are just trying to keep us OC guys sane for another year haha. It would be amazing if it turned out to be true and they started with the first class. The July 17th PH class should end by Nov 20th at 18 weeks. If they start up the first class with OC immediately then after 18 weeks they might be putting in the 2nd OC class by March 26th.

Starting in March as opposed to when I originally though id go in January only delays me two months and would be a massive relief. I don't have a ton of faith the city can get rolling this efficiently but then maybe after all the PHs and promos are out of the way there's no reason they cant start plowing through classes. Not sure why the status quo of having the Rock empty for almost 2 months between classes makes sense.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Heard something similar to this a couple times recently. Not sure if they intend to do it or are just trying to keep us OC guys sane for another year haha. It would be amazing if it turned out to be true and they started with the first class. The July 17th PH class should end by Nov 20th at 18 weeks. If they start up the first class with OC immediately then after 18 weeks they might be putting in the 2nd OC class by March 26th.

Starting in March as opposed to when I originally though id go in January only delays me two months and would be a massive relief. I don't have a ton of faith the city can get rolling this efficiently but then maybe after all the PHs and promos are out of the way there's no reason they cant start plowing through classes. Not sure why the status quo of having the Rock empty for almost 2 months between classes makes sense.
    I thought the July class was going in on the 29th ? But if they were to bang out one class after another and we got in March/April it would be a huge relief and I would still graduate before I hit 30 lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I thought the July class was going in on the 29th ? But if they were to bang out one class after another and we got in March/April it would be a huge relief and I would still graduate before I hit 30 lol.
    Ah yeah you're right, I got it mixed with the January 17th date of last class. But still, an April 2nd start date would be fine by me at this point.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Anybody want to take a stab at trying to predict what number they'll hit on the OC list for January. Give some guys another day of hope!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    Anybody want to take a stab at trying to predict what number they'll hit on the OC list for January. Give some guys another day of hope!
    I say up to list number 500
    fftank21 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I say up to list number 500
    Haha how depressing is it that that was my guess when we played this game a couple months ago for the July class?
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    I'm bored, I'll play.

40-60 leftover Latino PHs and 40-60 leftover EMTs who will become eligible for promotion/recycle from July's class. Let's say it's a nice round 100 non-OC people. Feel free to question this number all you want since no one knows the true answer but it's just an educated guess.

220 people off the OC list, at a 1:4 ratio puts us at 880. Isn't that right around the number the first and only class reached on 6019?
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

That's comforting! I'm in the 360 range....maybe, just maybe I'll make it in. But I'm not holding my breath.

Forum Member

I'm gonna say 770.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    I'm gonna say 770.
    **** you! LOL, im 88X

Forum Member

Did anyone get an email saying that you passed the cpat? I saw someone post an email on instagram saying that he passed the cpat...i did not get that email

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Did anyone get an email saying that you passed the cpat? I saw someone post an email on instagram saying that he passed the cpat...i did not get that email
    ya, just got one this afternoon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    I got one about an hr or so ago
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

My guess is its automated for people to fill out the survey. People have taken their CPAT weeks ago.....

Forum Member

Nevermind, just got it...on another note, im kind of ****ed that i wont make it to this july class cause of the whole situation...oh well, i really cant hate the phs for taking an opportunity that i would. Still kind of messed up...i hope you guys (phs) make the best of it
    FFwnt2b likes this.

Forum Member

I hope everyone that has the desire makes it, and the ones getting a second chance dont take it for granted. It's a tough situation and I hope that there will be a light at end of the tunnel sooner then later for all.

Forum Member

Ok, here's something I found out about that list I posted before. I just met with my mentor and one other candidate, the list is not made up of people who have completed all of the steps. Another candidate assigned to my mentor has failed his step mill 3 times now and is going to appeal it, but, he is on the list somewhere in the middle of it. So with this info, that means that there must be others on the list who also haven't completed all the steps. This list must be based solely on the written test scores.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Ok, here's something I found out about that list I posted before. I just met with my mentor and one other candidate, the list is not made up of people who have completed all of the steps. Another candidate assigned to my mentor has failed his step mill 3 times now and is going to appeal it, but, he is on the list somewhere in the middle of it. So with this info, that means that there must be others on the list who also haven't completed all the steps. This list must be based solely on the written test scores.
    failed the step mill 3x? jesus christ....
    River6019 and FdnytolifeE293 like this.

Thread Information