Like Tree10535Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Hey guys had my intake interview and im wondering if my investigator messed up.

He said i need to prove im a current "resident from the list above" reflecting activity within the past 60 days. I havent heard of anyone needing this at the time of there interview. I had my two recent pay stubs with me.
    (need 3 documents and the list was the list from NOE)

I thought you only needed to prove residency from 2010 to 2011 and at time of hire

he's not messing up, he probably just wants to get everything from you so he can complete your file and tell his boss you're good to go. they'd rather do that then keep waiting on someone to get them more stuff. the investigation must be complete before appointment, and that's part of the investigation. but you do have a little time to get stuff to them. I just wouldn't put it off. get that stuff done asap so you and your investigator don't have to worry about it. All I had to show for current residency is 3 items I received the most recent in the mail....i.e: sept bank statements, sept elec bill, sept cred card statement. you don't need multiple months for the current residency proof. 3 things, that's it. simple

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    What's your list # range?
    Mid-Late 700s
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    Hey guys, just got my letter for my medical on the 15th, Ive been running and using the stairmaster but im still nervous about the stairmaster. Im obviously not looking for anything to prepare now bc I have been in shape just wondering if anyone has any tips for the next two weeks that I could use to possibly just push myself a little further and overprepare somewhat.
    What's your list number around?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    he's not messing up, he probably just wants to get everything from you so he can complete your file and tell his boss you're good to go. they'd rather do that then keep waiting on someone to get them more stuff. the investigation must be complete before appointment, and that's part of the investigation. but you do have a little time to get stuff to them. I just wouldn't put it off. get that stuff done asap so you and your investigator don't have to worry about it. All I had to show for current residency is 3 items I received the most recent in the mail....i.e: sept bank statements, sept elec bill, sept cred card statement. you don't need multiple months for the current residency proof. 3 things, that's it. simple
    my investigator was a ****ing bleep. Texting during our meeting, and generally...let me stop there. I dont have the 3 things for residency(had bank statements and W2s) so i had notarized letter and he was like i dunno if this is good... another investigator told someone else that was fine. I had something else from my college. Just give me someone that at least pretends to care

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    What's your list number around?
    My list number is in the low 800's
    NycQ83 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    My list number is in the low 800's
    Awesome thanks. Congrats!

Forum Member

got my psych letter in the mail thursday afternoon. oct 11th
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    got my psych letter in the mail thursday afternoon. oct 11th
    wow they are moving along pretty quickly
    vekdoggs75, NycQ83 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

wow they are moving along pretty quickly

anyone know the last known list number that has been contacted by FDNY?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    anyone know the last known list number that has been contacted by FDNY?

For the first class they went through list number somewhere between 100-120 to get 20 guys. They have sent processing packets out to everyone with a score on the exam of at least a 102, so that's in the mid 1300's. And guys in the low 800's are starting to get notices for the medical exam.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

hey tomfromqueens when is ur investigation date if you dont mind me asking

Forum Member

hey tomfromqueens when is ur investigation date if you dont mind me asking
    October 24th
    coldblood92 likes this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

What's everyone's opinion on what the highest list number that's possible of making the jan class. I heard maybe 1000 and under from OC. Even the instructors at CPAT training said jan could be possible for the people who scored 102

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyOz View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on what the highest list number that's possible of making the jan class. I heard maybe 1000 and under from OC. Even the instructors at CPAT training said jan could be possible for the people who scored 102
    It all depends !!! ... Main focus is on how many people recycle that's what really affecting how many people get to go to the run ... Im confident that the ratio would be 1:5 or higher ... So if the wonderful people that can resign have a change of heart the list can go very far if out of 320 250 get called out of the oc we looking at 1250
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    It all depends !!! ... Main focus is on how many people recycle that's what really affecting how many people get to go to the run ... Im confident that the ratio would be 1:5 or higher ... So if the wonderful people that can resign have a change of heart the list can go very far if out of 320 250 get called out of the oc we looking at 1250
    Agreed. If a substantial portion of those guys who quit come back, we're talking about a much lower amount than 1000.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I want whatever he's taking lol. The instructors at the cpat classes tell you that to keep you ready. The realistic side of it is out of the 60 or 70 that might drop most will probably be back. Why wouldn't they? Also I'm positive there's more ph's coming in January plus a few more ems. To add to that the ratio u saw from the first 120 or so oc is filled with veterans still on active duty, they didn't fail the process they'll be streamlined through it as they should be when they get back. I met a guy when i handed in paperwork last week that just got back from Afghanistan. His list is sub 100 but he's doing his psych, cpat, medical with people now. Not saying don't be optimistic but it hurts so much more in this process when you are lol. I still think under 500 should feel somewhat confident.

Forum Member

When you guys say 1:5 ratio, what are you referring to, its confusing since there are PH's and EMS? also is this the same ratio projected for the rest of the classes?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    When you guys say 1:5 ratio, what are you referring to, its confusing since there are PH's and EMS? also is this the same ratio projected for the rest of the classes?
    He means the first 120 or so from the oc. They took 20 guys from the 120ish but those scores are filled with veterans. Most of them are probably still active duty

Forum Member

Thanks for the good info my list # is 98x so if all goes well with further testing and processing I wanted to try and give my job an idea of when and if I might need to leave. I wish well to all the candidates and appreciate all the great info received on this forum

Forum Member

I'm curious what the ratio is of people on the OC: people who give as much of a **** as the people on this site haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

I finally got news that my investigator sent out my reference letters. My score is lower than 150 and I've been done with all my other steps for so long. I was getting nervous like they were gonna forget about me.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I'm curious what the ratio is of people on the OC: people who give as much of a **** as the people on this site haha.
    I have a few friends who are ahead of me on the list who are not pursuing the job due to other jobs calling them first(dsny,schools) and other misc jobs which are better for them.
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I finally got news that my investigator sent out my reference letters. My score is lower than 150 and I've been done with all my other steps for so long. I was getting nervous like they were gonna forget about me.
    How did you get this news?

I recently emailed my investigator asking if my paperwork was 100% good to go and asked if I owed anything else and my investigator responded: "There are no status updates or confirmations, Your folder will be reviewed by supervisors ...." So what does that even mean? Is my investigator not allowed to tell me if I'm good or not? I don't understand.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    How did you get this news?

I recently emailed my investigator asking if my paperwork was 100% good to go and asked if I owed anything else and my investigator responded: "There are no status updates or confirmations, Your folder will be reviewed by supervisors ...." So what does that even mean? Is my investigator not allowed to tell me if I'm good or not? I don't understand.
    Lol. My Investigator said they won't review my paperwork until close to the hiring process which I assume is December or January. S/He won't tell me if I'm ok either.

Forum Member

I feel bad for you guys, my investigator so far has been great. I brought in so much stuff when I went in the other day and she was really happy about it. She told me all I had to do was bring in two recent pay stubs and then I was 100%.

And that sheet they give you tells you what you handed in and what you didn't so you know yourself if you're 100% or not.

Mine was kind of hot too haha

Thread Information