Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 590 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 904905405805875885895905915925936006406901090 ... LastLast
Results 11,781 to 11,800 of 24168
Like Tree9404Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Sometimes I wonder if people actually think before they post.

Consider:

1) No firehouses are closing.
    2) Promotions continue.
    3) Retirements continue
    4) Still down a significant amount in manpower.
    5) Until Recently, no hiring occurred for 5 years.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I hope this helps anyone who is at about my running times for 2.5 miles which was at a 8min pace(2.5 miles in 20 min)

For workouts 1-15 reference to page 580 http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121...0/#post1374062 (FDNY Exam 2000)

(16)2 miles at comfortable pace before upper-body workout
    (17) (VERY HOT DAY, took it easy) 2mile fartlek style run. Ran the curves slow straights fast
    *Stairmill - week 2
    (18) Took the day off but would have ran the 2 miles.
    (19) 1200m warm up. 4 1200m in 5:15(7min mile pace) 2min rest
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    If Ph's fail the run, do they get to try again for another class?
    From what I was told the Ph do not get a second chance on the run. If they fail the run that's it. If they try to defer in to the January class they might lost their spot.
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Actually, he isnt fully correct. I believe there are members who can choose their final 12 months....i dont remember when that cutoff date was.
    The link I provided takes me to tier 3 and 4 pension information. Your comment is correct and these members are in tier 2. I am uncertain of the required hiring date to be in tier 2 but they can indeed choose their final twelve months of service for pension calculations, provided that final salary during those months is not more than 20% of the year prior.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So its the 500 + another 600 for promo?
    Yes, for the next 18 months or so. After that there will be more promotions and retirements over the life of the list. If no companies are closed, the job will hire the 2000+/- that they plan to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    From what I was told the Ph do not get a second chance on the run. If they fail the run that's it. If they try to defer in to the January class they might lost their spot.
    That's what I was told as well. They may be able to defer for medical reasons, but that's it. They may not have a second chance at the run, nor may they recycle to another class for any reason other than an injury that occurs during proby school.

Forum Member

Hey guys. I was at metro tech yesterday the mere mention of a hiring freeze was the cause of great laughter. Ph as well as everyone else gets one shot at the run. If you do not run faster than the pacer it's thanks for trying better luck next time. Ph are only going to be allowed to make this upcoming July class or January 14. They will not be allowed to defer any later. As I could tell there will be a small amount of OC candidates going in this July. The letters are going out for the run this week if hey haven't done so already and is scheduled for July 9, 10, 15. Once they have 320 he door is closed until January. For any of you who receive your run letters this week I wish you the best of luck.

Forum Member

Directly from the mouth of*the guy Shane( marathon man, dont know his exact title). If the run is not done in under 13 you're not done, a van takes you to bhs and you have to do the stairs. He also said he only knows of one person who passed this way but said he's a great ff now but a lousy runner. Whoever went to the meeting at metrotech Saturday could confirm this
    FuDsNmYc likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Directly from the mouth of*the guy Shane( marathon man, dont know his exact title). If the run is not done in under 13 you're not done, a van takes you to bhs and you have to do the stairs. He also said he only knows of one person who passed this way but said he's a great ff now but a lousy runner. Whoever went to the meeting at metrotech Saturday could confirm this
    Did he tell you how long you have to stay on the stairs and do you have to walk with any weights? This is knew to me, and I guess its happen before. But, is this only given to certain people. Was this guy an exception?

Forum Member

Who was allowed to go to the meeting, and what did it consist of? I didn't hear about any meeting, but I have passed all of the steps so far in the process, including the medical.

I hope I didn't miss anything important.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Any word or speculation on how many OC guys will get into the July class if any at all?

Forum Member

Its the same medical rules on stairs, 50lbs. He mentioned he only knew one guy who passed that way. The meeting was for the mentorship program. Academy stuff, met ffs lts, capts, info about Scheduling of academy, they brought a truck into metrotech and showed each function and how its used, spoke about engine/truck duties, differences, overall interesting day

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Did he tell you how long you have to stay on the stairs and do you have to walk with any weights? This is knew to me, and I guess its happen before. But, is this only given to certain people. Was this guy an exception?
    Nope no exception, its in that booklet they*gave out at cpat orientation pg 44. "if you fail to complete the run in 13min or less you will be referred to the Bureau of Health Services for a medical exam"

Forum Member

This is depressing ... Not only ppl started a new rumor but now they moving ppl up the list ... If I had slight hope to a chance now I got none ... I don't want to run I don't want to train anymore I feel blah ... Can I put a law suit against the vulcans for making me suffer anxiety and depression ?
    Last edited by Dannypanigale; 07-01-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Forum Member

The rumors are crazy. We went from one week no OC guys going to the July class to them establishing the list and now everyone trying to figure out how many will go. The rumors on a day to day making me nuts.

Some guy saying there will be a hiring freeze. Which I thought was BS from the beginning. But was still like cmon seriously.

Forum Member

subscribed...this should be interesting

Forum Member

Well no matter what rumors we hear, sometime this week we will hear how many people off the OC list received their letters for the run.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

so how is this gonna work guys. Are they going to just give out 320 letters for the run, and then send out more if people fail. Or are they going to give out extra letters just in case people fail the run?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    so how is this gonna work guys. Are they going to just give out 320 letters for the run, and then send out more if people fail. Or are they going to give out extra letters just in case people fail the run?
    They are giving the run early in case people fail and they need to bring in more. If you are called for the run, you have a spot in the class. That's how it's been in every prior class.

Listen, forget about what they do on the stairs if you fail the run. If you fail the run you're out, bounced back to the OC list for the next go around in January. If they take you to Mertotech, you're going to get bounced.

Forum Member
    vekdoggs75, River6019 and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

I really do wonder how they will deal with people who are high up on the list but do not qualify for the points they claim...has this happened to anyone yet? has anyone been notified that they have been bumped down?

Thread Information