Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    just talked to my investigator today. she says i need my official transcript from my private HS and then my residency credit paper work is good. I also need 3 proofs of current residency. She said that i can give both credit card bills and bank statements but they need to be from different banks, which i do not understand because i only use one bank. I lived at home all my life so i do not have cable of phone bills. she said that i can also provide a w2 form from 2012 and that will count for current residency. I mentioned about notarized letters about my current residency and she said that is not acccepted, only by the EMT position which doesnt make sense as well. She said just look at the list for acceptable documents and thats all i can use. I also mentioned if i can provide car insurance bills, but she denied that as well. I feel that she is not sure what is accepted.
    lol another investigator that does'nt like to accept car insurance. SHE IS WRONG! I just gave my investigator my car insurance bill and she said im all good. But make sure you stress the fact that its the car insurance BILL and not the car insurance auto ID. The girl probably thinks you're referring to the auto id card. If she still says "no" in reference to the BILL, then request a different investigator or make her ask her supervisor. Worked for me.

Forum Member

just talked to my investigator today. she says i need my official transcript from my private HS and then my residency credit paper work is good. I also need 3 proofs of current residency. She said that i can give both credit card bills and bank statements but they need to be from different banks, which i do not understand because i only use one bank. I lived at home all my life so i do not have cable of phone bills. she said that i can also provide a w2 form from 2012 and that will count for current residency. I mentioned about notarized letters about my current residency and she said that is not acccepted, only by the EMT position which doesnt make sense as well. She said just look at the list for acceptable documents and thats all i can use. I also mentioned if i can provide car insurance bills, but she denied that as well. I feel that she is not sure what is accepted.
    But of course, if you actually CAN retrieve your H.S transcript then just give her what she ask for. The next candidate who doesnt have a transcript will put her in line if they know better.

Forum Member

Wait so notarized letter works for the residency period, but not current? And are you using the under-21 at time of application for residency?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

It sounds like every investigator tells their candidates something different. You would think they would all get together and confirm what's acceptable and whats not lol.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    haha spiderneck...

GUYS! just got my medical date in the mail...OCT 17th at 6:45am; this seems early has anyone else had an appointment this early?

FYI my list # is late 800s
    Could you say approximately how late?
    Last edited by FdnyFFHopeful; 10-09-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Forum Member

deleted by request
    Last edited by coldblood92; 10-09-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Forum Member

Anyone have the information that was given to us about a discount at NYSC didn't have a problem at all on the CPAT practice but I'm hearing horror stories about guys tripping on the medical and I'm giving myself anxiety

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Wait so notarized letter works for the residency period, but not current? And are you using the under-21 at time of application for residency?
    to tell you the honest truth, I am so confused with all this. she tells me different things each time and i can barely understand her accent and she speaks so quietly. but i will get what she asks of me and whatever i cannot get, i will bring other things that may work and ask someone who is of higher authority. I am using some of the under 21 application for residency. but a bigger problem is current residency.
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

I'm sure everything will work out. From what I'm hearing from all of you guys and people I know going through is that some of them are really a pain, but if you actually lived/live here, you'll find a way to prove it that works. I better start praying now that I get a good investigator haha.
    TomFromQueens likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Hey guys, hoping for a little input here.

I'm at list number #44xx. Based on how the list has been moving along, how realistic is it that I'll be called? Thanks, guys.

Forum Member

to tell you the honest truth, I am so confused with all this. she tells me different things each time and i can barely understand her accent and she speaks so quietly. but i will get what she asks of me and whatever i cannot get, i will bring other things that may work and ask someone who is of higher authority. I am using some of the under 21 application for residency. but a bigger problem is current residency.

does her last name rhyme with Jason? I thought she was really nice I brought her cell phone statements , bank statements and 1 more thing I forgot.

Forum Member

Unless things have changed,

Notarized letters for residency are only good for Ems applications as someone already previously mentioned. For firefighter it is not a generally accepted item.

And everyone here I hope realizes as far as current residency that it doesn't have to be within nyc limits. This can include Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, orange etc. you just have to prove you live where you currently say you live. One piece of mail, a credit card statement, a bank statement, any bill that has your name on it, that's easy.

Just as an FYI you can add a name to pretty much any bank account be it checking or savings, then print out that months statement and it'll have your name on the account. It doesn't show the date you were added or who the primary account holder is(which doesn't matter), but your name is then on a statement registered to that house. So if you live with a friend or parents just have them add you and then take you off later.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Anyone have the information that was given to us about a discount at NYSC didn't have a problem at all on the CPAT practice but I'm hearing horror stories about guys tripping on the medical and I'm giving myself anxiety
    The nysc discount is $30 a month instead of 40 but you can't go peak hours from 4pm-8pm. Definitely sign up there or some other gym with stairs because the medical stair session will be longer and harder than cpat. Cpat is more weight but only 3min. Chances are for medical you'll be walking for 8min

Forum Member

If you can ace the cpat the medical for 8 mins should be no problem.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Well ur doing the right thing right now by training with a vest, hopefully one thats 50-80lbs. If the cpat was no problem for you then you should be fine as long as you keep training. After the cpat, i started training with a 50lb vest 2-3 times a week. In only 5 weeks i went from being able to go for just a little over 4 minutes to, now, a whole 10 minutes (give or take a few seconds lol). How long can u stay on right now?
    Im using a 60 pound vest.. My 60 pound vest feels alot more challenging than the 50 pounds not just because its 10 pounds heavier, but because it goes over your shoulders, where as the 50 pound vest you wear on test doesn't go over shoulders and is worn like a jacket. So Idk that makes the weight feel more like its weighing down, which is a good thing for me to train with a harder vest.

Right now I can stay on about 4 minutes at 60 steps a minute.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Im using a 60 pound vest.. My 60 pound vest feels alot more challenging than the 50 pounds not just because its 10 pounds heavier, but because it goes over your shoulders, where as the 50 pound vest you wear on test doesn't go over shoulders and is worn like a jacket. So Idk that makes the weight feel more like its weighing down, which is a good thing for me to train with a harder vest.

Which means u can probably do 6+ minutes with a 50lb. Thats good. Keep going.

Forum Member

Yesterday i got an acceptance letter from the NYC Department of Environmental Protection; Electrician Assistant makin $31/hr STARTING. Ill start the position in November. My wife says "So or u still gonna go to the fire department or u gonna stick with DEP?". I said "ARE YOU F*CKING CRAZY?? A NYC Electrician vs a NYC Firefighter???", then grabbed my weight vest and headed straight to the gym.

Sure, $31/hr is much more than ill be makin in the academy and during probabtion, but i wanna be a HERO lol. Ill just work DEP until the academy starts, which will most likely be 2 months after i start the job. Anyway, if i have to wait til the July class, at least ill be makin good money meanwhile. And the job starts in November...which is the same month the new PS4 and XBO drops haha. Life is good...and im the SH*T.
    VanCroon likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    does her last name rhyme with Jason? I thought she was really nice I brought her cell phone statements , bank statements and 1 more thing I forgot.
    no, lol her last name does not rhyme with jason. my investigator is nice, and calm but doesnt seem to work with purpose.
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

no, lol her last name does not rhyme with jason. my investigator is nice, and calm but doesnt seem to work with purpose.
    Oh noooo, u got the one whose last name rhymes with Malone. If so, then that's just ridiculous.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post

My vest is the same, I have 65-67 LBS in it and it feels much heavier than the 75 LBS vest that we've been using during CPAT training. I guess it all has to do with how the weight is distributed in the the vest.

But just keep at the stairs, it's a slow process but it gets easier over time.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    If you can ace the cpat the medical for 8 mins should be no problem.
    You'll see over the process more people fail at the medical than they do the cpat
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Yea I know a lot do but it shouldn't be for the 8 minutes on the stair master. If you can't do that with only 50 lbs then you shouldn't be on.

Forum Member

Default anyone who recently had their background appointment

I think this was mentioned a while back but does anyone know if the investigator will accept official college &high school transcripts that we give them, as long as the envelope is still sealed with the official school seal? Or do they insist it be mailed directly from the school to them? Also, does anyone know if we can get our social security earnings statement from the office since the government is still shut down? I think someone mentioned that is one of the services cut as of right now.

Thx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    My vest is the same, I have 65-67 LBS in it and it feels much heavier than the 75 LBS vest that we've been using during CPAT training. I guess it all has to do with how the weight is distributed in the the vest.

But just keep at the stairs, it's a slow process but it gets easier over time.
    I agree... my vest goes over my head and it feels much heavier at 50lbs than the one at the CPAT training with 75 lbs. Glad I'm not the only one thinking this...I thought it was all in my head lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Unless things have changed,

Notarized letters for residency are only good for Ems applications as someone already previously mentioned. For firefighter it is not a generally accepted item.

And everyone here I hope realizes as far as current residency that it doesn't have to be within nyc limits. This can include Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, orange etc. you just have to prove you live where you currently say you live. One piece of mail, a credit card statement, a bank statement, any bill that has your name on it, that's easy.

Just as an FYI you can add a name to pretty much any bank account be it checking or savings, then print out that months statement and it'll have your name on the account. It doesn't show the date you were added or who the primary account holder is(which doesn't matter), but your name is then on a statement registered to that house. So if you live with a friend or parents just have them add you and then take you off later.
    The notarized letter thing must be new because I used that in '07. The investigator whose name rhymes with Malone told me I needed to do that so I'm a tad confused here.

Thread Information