Like Tree11287Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Has anyone heard from their mentor yet ?

Also for the initial intake interview how long as you typically at Metrotech for ? I'm scheduled to be there at 8:00am.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post

Also for the initial intake interview how long as you typically at Metrotech for ? I'm scheduled to be there at 8:00am.
    They go in order of arrival so the earlier you get there and the more people you are in front of the quicker it will be but still it's going to be a few hours. 4 hours or so.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

What all is covered in the intake interview besides checking off paperwork? Do they ask you any questions beyond the background forms?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Oh noooo, u got the one whose last name rhymes with Malone. If so, then that's just ridiculous.
    LOL i dont have that investigator either!
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    The nysc discount is $30 a month instead of 40 but you can't go peak hours from 4pm-8pm. Definitely sign up there or some other gym with stairs because the medical stair session will be longer and harder than cpat. Cpat is more weight but only 3min. Chances are for medical you'll be walking for 8min
    Thanks I appreciate it I go to a crossfit gym and have bn doing squats and burpees and box jumps w a weight vest and as hard as that is nothing helps u walk on a stair master better than walking on a stairmaster
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    LOL i dont have that investigator either!
    lol good becuz she should know better by now. U said she had an accent so i shouldve known it wasnt Malone.

Forum Member

Dont know if u guys heard but my investigator says that they will continue to ask for 3 pieces of mail reflecting recent activity. She said that even though we are suppossed to submit them asap, that they will be asking for updates pieces right before the class starts.

Forum Member

Ditto.

Mine just called to say everything I submitted is good and I'm set but to expect additional documents, mostly for proof of current residency, to be expected right before the exam which makes sense since you have to prove you live here by the date of appointment.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    I think this was mentioned a while back but does anyone know if the investigator will accept official college &high school transcripts that we give them, as long as the envelope is still sealed with the official school seal? Or do they insist it be mailed directly from the school to them? Also, does anyone know if we can get our social security earnings statement from the office since the government is still shut down? I think someone mentioned that is one of the services cut as of right now.

Thx
    For transcript they take the sealed one handed to them just don't touch that seal. Also I recently heard that there are people at those ss offices but you can't get the earnings report like they can't do any work or something lol

Forum Member

Also, does anyone know if we can get our social security earnings statement from the office since the government is still shut down? I think someone mentioned that is one of the services cut as of right now.

Thx
    Goddamn republicans...
    TomFromQueens likes this.

Forum Member

Goddamn republicans...
    Spineless President.....

Forum Member

If anyone needs a vest, let me know. Selling mine...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Spineless President.....
    Im just glad FDNY is not a government job

Forum Member

Goddamn republicans...
    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Spineless President.....
    = our completely ineffective government.

Forum Member

Just received my medical and psych dates - High 800s
    TomFromQueens and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

Both? Damn, I just got my psych. I'm praying I take my medical before my psych.

Forum Member

Question for guys who have taken the medical so far, have you brought any supporting documents regarding a past surgery? Have they asked for any follow up documentation? I know it's case by case but just curious.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    = our completely ineffective government.
    Its amazing what a bunch of idiots can do with the greatest form of government ever conceived by mankind.
    vekdoggs75 and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

Hey, guys! Been following the forums for a while now. This is my first post. I'm in the late 1100s, score 102. I've been going to the cpat classes at the rock for a few weeks now. Filling out the packet, etc. My intake interview is at the end of Oct. I have a question about the transcripts. I have a high school diploma and a bachelor's degree college diploma. Do I really need the actual transcripts? Shouldn't the original diplomas be proof enough that I got through school? Thanks for any help. I already have this stuff collected, ready to go.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

I'm always in contact with my mentor, and I feel like if I make it in, I'll probably be friends with this guy for life.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I'm always in contact with my mentor, and I feel like if I make it in, I'll probably be friends with this guy for life.
    Few months ago i called my mentor and told him i didnt need him lol (of course not in those exact words). But i really didnt. I mean, the process is plain and simple. I didnt see the need to put more time aside, meet up with someone and....talk. Talk about what? The otj guys on this forum give all the mentoring and information i need, without the extra hassle. Got a question, ask FDsouthbx, ffbam or Manhattan Medic. That Tefuelhunden guy was also very useful, although he ruffled a few feathers lol.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Hey, guys! Been following the forums for a while now. This is my first post. I'm in the late 1100s, score 102. I've been going to the cpat classes at the rock for a few weeks now. Filling out the packet, etc. My intake interview is at the end of Oct. I have a question about the transcripts. I have a high school diploma and a bachelor's degree college diploma. Do I really need the actual transcripts? Shouldn't the original diplomas be proof enough that I got through school? Thanks for any help. I already have this stuff collected, ready to go.
    I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure someone said for high school your diploma is fine but for college they want the transcripts. Maybe someone else can confirm.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Loved my mentor, going through the process and up to now, he helped me out. To each his own though......

Forum Member

I agree... my vest goes over my head and it feels much heavier at 50lbs than the one at the CPAT training with 75 lbs. Glad I'm not the only one thinking this...I thought it was all in my head lol
    yep definitely feels heavier because I feel it weighing me down on the stair master.

Forum Member

I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure someone said for high school your diploma is fine but for college they want the transcripts. Maybe someone else can confirm.
    Thanks for the reply, TomFromQueens. You and vekdoggs are around my number. I've been following both of your posts for a while now. You guys in particular have been helpful to me, personally. Thank you! I'll be sure to pay it forward as I go through the process now. Anyways, I hope the original diplomas are good enough. I really don't want to go back to school for the transcripts, but of course, I will if I have to lol. Anyone who knows for sure, definitely let us know!
    vekdoggs75 and TomFromQueens like this.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Thread Information