Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 592 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 924925425825895905915925935945956026426921092 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,840 of 22873
Like Tree8986Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I'm sure you will have to get it, I don't see what the problem is.
    i was told by the person reviewing all the necessary documentation that the "judge" is being very particular and strict with those military claiming NYC residency. Apparently they feel we are potential scammers. GO FIGURE.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Fire View Post
    In the same exact boat. Was informed last week that I had missing documents in order to get my residency points. Provided everything i could. we'll see i guess...
    Were you the gentleman that went on friday to see cid around 10am?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Were you the gentleman that went on friday to see cid around 10am?
    Probably, rounded up whatever supporting documents i could and rushed over there hoping for the best.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Yes i did. I graduated from high school, went to college, joined the army all from nyc. I also have one checkings account from chase that shows my new york address from all of 2010 and 2011. I have one credit card that shows a half of year 2010 and one month out of 2011 with my nyc address. And have another usaa account from 2010 that also shows half of 2010 with my nyc address.

All this, and they still dont know if theyre going to give me the residency points.
    i was shocked when i got the email stating i was missing stuff. honestly thought i was all squared away. made me feel like i have a chance at july, but then it might be taken away...going crazy

Forum Member

Is it common for guys to fail the run? I mean you would think it's a ground ball after passing the medical. I just can't imaging that many guys failing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post
    Is it common for guys to fail the run? I mean you would think it's a ground ball after passing the medical. I just can't imaging that many guys failing.
    Passing the medical doesn't mean you're in shape. The run should be a ground ball, SHOULD be, but a lot of people don't prepare. There's always a van load of zeros being driven to HQ to resign after the run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post
    When we did our run in Dec. '08 there were 100 of us there to run and were split into 2 groups of 50. In my group there were 4 or 5 that failed the run. I can't imagine that there will be that many people who fail since everyone has had such a long time to train for this. Anyone who gets a letter for the run shouldn't be surprised by it.
    Test 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Passing the medical doesn't mean you're in shape. The run should be a ground ball, SHOULD be, but a lot of people don't prepare. There's always a van load of zeros being driven to HQ to resign after the run.
    It's not that hard for 1.5 miles.. The army used 2 miles for the APFT and the WORST I ever did when trying was after 15 monthes with no road running just intervals on treadmill for 20 mins and some elliptical for cardio after weights in Iraq was like 17 and change..

It's 1.5 miles.. 12 minutes for the next 25+ years of your life.. For a dream.. If adrenaline can't push you through the pain then maybe this isn't for you lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Directly from the mouth of*the guy Shane( marathon man, dont know his exact title). If the run is not done in under 13 you're not done, a van takes you to bhs and you have to do the stairs. He also said he only knows of one person who passed this way but said he's a great ff now but a lousy runner. Whoever went to the meeting at metrotech Saturday could confirm this
    This is correct, including the fact that Health and Fitness stressed (like crazy) that almost NOBODY passes the post-run medical. 1.5m in 13 minutes is a joke. Remember all the **** the post was saying about my class? Like the fact that nearly half the class was in remedial PT? Everyone of those people passed the run, but still ended up there. Just like the CPAT, the 1.5 is only the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andchange View Post
    I can't imagine that there will be that many people who fail since everyone has had such a long time to train for this. Anyone who gets a letter for the run shouldn't be surprised by it.
    Your naivety is cute. Everybody should be prepared, but it's likely that a bunch are not, we'll find out soon enough.

re Pension stuff: Turns out I was wrong. I'd never read that about tier 2, but now that all makes sense, and I suppose the drying up of the overtime will encourage some to retire.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    It's not that hard for 1.5 miles.. The army used 2 miles for the APFT and the WORST I ever did when trying was after 15 monthes with no road running just intervals on treadmill for 20 mins and some elliptical for cardio after weights in Iraq was like 17 and change..

It's 1.5 miles.. 12 minutes for the next 25+ years of your life.. For a dream.. If adrenaline can't push you through the pain then maybe this isn't for you lol.
    I was just going to say this - There is ZERO excuses for failing that run. I can understand the Medical because there are so many different parts to it, but NOBODY should be worried about a 1.5 mile run. You have a stinking pacer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I was just going to say this - There is ZERO excuses for failing that run. I can understand the Medical because there are so many different parts to it, but NOBODY should be worried about a 1.5 mile run. You have a stinking pacer.
    I hate running with a pacer..

I like to start out slower.. Then speed up.

By easiest 2 mile run I did EVERYONE passed me.. Then in about 1/3 mile I started passing 1 at a time..

The pacer scares me.

Forum Member

How does the pacer work, do you stay right behind him, or do you pass him?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    How does the pacer work, do you stay right behind him, or do you pass him?
    This will all be explained to death when the time comes, but....

They will place you behind the starting line, and the pacer(s) at the back of the pack. They will give you the 2 second advantage of not starting the clock until the pacer passes the starting line. The pacer is a health and fitness member who will run at a 13min/1.5m pace. Stay ahead of them and you will be fine, though it'd be nice to think that everyone is safely ahead of them.

Forum Member

Thanks MM, I'll try not to look back, just keep running till the end.

Forum Member

By easiest 2 mile run I did EVERYONE passed me.. Then in about 1/3 mile I started passing 1 at a time..

The pacer scares me.
    I can see where you're coming from with that. Have you done the run from 6019 or will this be your first time?

Forum Member

The pacer scares me.
    I'm the same! I start out very slow on my runs. I usually end up in the rear somewhere during the early part of run. BUT...once I'm a little warmed up and have my stride, I start passing people left and right and usually end up (and finish) in the front of the pack.

Forum Member

Has anyone else recieved notification of the run? Haven't heard anybody chime in except for the one guy that said he was emailed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2024 View Post
    I'm the same! I start out very slow on my runs. I usually end up in the rear somewhere during the early part of run. BUT...once I'm a little warmed up and have my stride, I start passing people left and right and usually end up (and finish) in the front of the pack.
    Me three. I always feel its better to finish strong. It's a great emotional boost at the end when you are in the last quarter mile passing people left and right because you saved that extra gear for your last 2 minutes - gives you that little extra push.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Fire View Post
    i was told by the person reviewing all the necessary documentation that the "judge" is being very particular and strict with those military claiming NYC residency. Apparently they feel we are potential scammers. GO FIGURE.
    I thought the judge was out of the hiring process.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I thought the judge was out of the hiring process.
    I would assume they're talking about the head of CID, not Judge Goofus.

Thread Information