Like Tree11360Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

If you want to use your college instead of full time work experience for whatever time period they ask you need to provide transcript. You should be able to just go online and order it that's what I did. Diploma is only good for highschool.

Once you get it in the mail just don't open it and bring it in and you're set.

I still haven't heard from my mentor, assumed I would by now but oh well.

Forum Member

61 people have been dropped from the class so far. I don't know the breakdown of who's able to go back but I do know that at least 15 are done because they didn't get past midterms.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Topthrill View Post
    61 people have been dropped from the class so far. I don't know the breakdown of who's able to go back but I do know that at least 15 are done because they didn't get past midterms.
    When you say done, do you mean can't recycle?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    When you say done, do you mean can't recycle?
    Correct if you fail out you are done
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

I'm pretty sure you can come back if you fail out, I've been hearing different things.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can come back if you fail out.
    The way everyone makes it seem is, if you get hurt or quit/resign on your own then you can come back, but if you are forced to leave (fail out) then you can't. Am I thinking of this right?

Forum Member

The way everyone makes it seem is, if you get hurt or quit/resign on your own then you can come back, but if you are forced to leave (fail out) then you can't. Am I thinking of this right?
    Yeah, you are probably right. The question is when they are talking to the person, do they ask them to resign, or do they fire them?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Thanks for the reply, TomFromQueens. You and vekdoggs are around my number. I've been following both of your posts for a while now. You guys in particular have been helpful to me, personally. Thank you! I'll be sure to pay it forward as I go through the process now. Anyways, I hope the original diplomas are good enough. I really don't want to go back to school for the transcripts, but of course, I will if I have to lol. Anyone who knows for sure, definitely let us know!
    I hear ya on the transcripts. I have to either request mine in person or in writing. Now I know why I don't donate!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    For transcript they take the sealed one handed to them just don't touch that seal. Also I recently heard that there are people at those ss offices but you can't get the earnings report like they can't do any work or something lol
    I just got off the phone with them and they actually said not to worry about the HS or college transcripts because they correspond with those institutions themselves to have them directly mailed to them.

Side note, the application process in relation to NYPD seems way simpler and laid back. Just looking at the 80 plus pages i had to fill out during that process gave me a headache. I'm glad I don't have to list every single relative, person I've lived with, acquaintance I've ever had on this application.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Yeah, you are probably right. The question is when they are talking to the person, do they ask them to resign, or do they fire them?
    Yea the key is, did they fail out or did they quit before failing out? Topthrill do you have any more specifics?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I just got off the phone with them and they actually said not to worry about the HS or college transcripts because they correspond with those institutions themselves to have them directly mailed to them.

Side note, the application process in relation to NYPD seems way simpler and laid back. Just looking at the 80 plus pages i had to fill out during that process gave me a headache. I'm glad I don't have to list every single relative, person I've lived with, acquaintance I've ever had on this application.
    NYPD wants to know EVERYTHING. Questions like:

*What did you eat for breakfast on May 23, 1996
    *How long have you owned your current set of underwear
    *How many days of Kindergarten did you miss
    *etc

..."You cant remember????? Automatic DQ. Now gtfoh"
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Yea the key is, did they fail out or did they quit before failing out? Topthrill do you have any more specifics?
    Nope no more details other than that but 61 is a definite. I believe if you get injured you can come back, if you fail out you are finished, if you voluntarily quit, that the job isn't for you for whatever reason, you resign and are finished. Can't see someone resigning that doesn't want to do it and then coming back, doesn't make sense. But then again this whole process has been a sh*tshow.

I know you can voluntarily pass up the job 2 times when youre called but then if you pass it up a 3rd you are done so maybe they give you 2 chances to resign too?

But don't hold me to that, time will tell.

Forum Member

Whatever standard rules that are setup about resigning, failing, who can come back and not...just throw them out the window.

I personally know two people who resigned that plan on going back on January and as of right now are being lead to believe they are completely able to despite the fact that they walked out on their own accord. By the rules they shouldn't be allowed back but they are going to be.

Right now there's 250-260 people left in the class with an unknown amount of recycles.

From my understanding they can't fire you unless you fail certain things but they will do everything they can to push you to snap so you'll resign if they don't think you're cut out for the job.

Forum Member

Does anyone know why exactly they need a whole transcript? I'm guessing to make sure you have the appropriate # of credits?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Whatever standard rules that are setup about resigning, failing, who can come back and not...just throw them out the window.

I personally know two people who resigned that plan on going back on January and as of right now are being lead to believe they are completely able to despite the fact that they walked out on their own accord. By the rules they shouldn't be allowed back but they are going to be.

Right now there's 250-260 people left in the class with an unknown amount of recycles.

From my understanding they can't fire you unless you fail certain things but they will do everything they can to push you to snap so you'll resign if they don't think you're cut out for the job.
    Exactly why it's a sh*tshow now. any other job, you're out and that's that. but all you can do is wait, and hope they get to you.

also, i was told that at least 1 of the people who didn't get past the midterm was from OC, which I can't believe. you score a 110+ and fail out of the class, that's amazing.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

Exactly why it's a sh*tshow now. any other job, you're out and that's that. but all you can do is wait, and hope they get to you.

also, i was told that at least 1 of the people who didn't get past the midterm was from OC, which I can't believe. you score a 110+ and fail out of the class, that's amazing.
    Kinda reminds me of the movie GI Jane....she banged the bell, yet somehow still got back into her class.

Forum Member

No....for the sake of this city i hope that the midterms are much harder than the OC exam.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

They certainly are.

Whatever
    Last edited by FdnyFFHopeful; 10-09-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Forum Member

Post Removed
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 10-09-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

im nervous for my medical tomorrow morning lol. todAy i'm taking off from working out, running and stairs. my legs need rest haha
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    im nervous for my medical tomorrow morning lol. todAy i'm taking off from working out, running and stairs. my legs need rest haha
    Same here dude. Did my last stair master run last night (2x 3 mins and 2x 5:12 with 60 lbs), not bad considering my fall in training. I hope tomorrow goes well for both of us!
    Stephenscm likes this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Good Day,

I have a 6XXX list number, I see people are already getting paperwork at 1000+ list numbers, Is it safe to say that I should hear something within the next 2-3 years? Does anyone have some info on that?

Forum Member

anyone have any advice for the medicals tomorrow morning? lol
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Don't trip
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Would you guys who've gone through it say that most of the guys who trip are not in shape?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Thread Information