Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 594 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 944945445845915925935945955965976046446941094 ... LastLast
Results 11,861 to 11,880 of 24116
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #11861
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC/Washington Heights
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Thanks for the info. I'll call tomorrow again


  2. #11862
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Just spoke to a woman who identified herself as Quinn. She couldn't give info on individuals. She said they are getting swamped by calls and can't get emails out because of all the calls. She also said that emails and letters will continue to go out as they get approvals over the next week and a half.

  3. #11863
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire ant View Post
    Just spoke to a woman who identified herself as Quinn. She couldn't give info on individuals. She said they are getting swamped by calls and can't get emails out because of all the calls. She also said that emails and letters will continue to go out as they get approvals over the next week and a half.
    This is kind of weird because if runs are set for the 9, 10, and 15, would they have a substantial amount of time to get the letters emails out.

  4. #11864
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Only going by what she said. Spoke to her less than 10 minutes ago.

  5. #11865
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Like someone said, call to make sure your email is good. Even if you have to call your regular investigator to see what he has on file. You want two notifications in case the one gets lost in trash email, or regular post office mail.

  6. #11866
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I can only assume that woman "Quinn" is Peggy Quinn. She's in charge of hiring. Also the medical part b is something like 10 minutes on the stairs with the vest while you're HR is being monitored. I know one guy who got into proby school that way.

  7. #11867
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Do any one knows what happen after the run? I know it was said before they hand you study material. But what about uniforms and how soon before the Academy start do you get sworn in.

  8. #11868
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Uniforms are during the week before the academy begins. Sworn in is first or 2nd day. After the run from what I can remember we say there sweating while being scared ****less by the DIs. I think we may have gotten our proby manuals that day but I could be mistaken.

  9. #11869
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Top few guys on EMS list got them. Still nothing here. Living the nightmare all over again. Hopefully I'll make it through tomorrow without Swan diving off my terrace.

  10. #11870
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Top few guys on EMS list got them. Still nothing here. Living the nightmare all over again. Hopefully I'll make it through tomorrow without Swan diving off my terrace.
    it could be worse, all I got in the mail today was a jury duty notice.........
    vekdoggs75 and NycQ83 like this.

  11. #11871
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Just a heads up the email will be coming from cid@fdny.nyc.gov.

  12. #11872
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kngnothen View Post
    Uniforms are during the week before the academy begins. Sworn in is first or 2nd day. After the run from what I can remember we say there sweating while being scared ****less by the DIs. I think we may have gotten our proby manuals that day but I could be mistaken.
    Thanks. Really appreciate it. Do you know how many uniforms do they give you. Shirts, shorts, pants and can you buy extras?
    Last edited by Fdnyman; 07-02-2013 at 08:27 PM.

  13. #11873
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Hopeful thanks for the smile lol

  14. #11874
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Could have very well been, I didn't hear her first name when she answered the phone. She was very nice, just couldn't give individual info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kngnothen View Post
    I can only assume that woman "Quinn" is Peggy Quinn. She's in charge of hiring. Also the medical part b is something like 10 minutes on the stairs with the vest while you're HR is being monitored. I know one guy who got into proby school that way.

  15. #11875
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I can see where you're coming from with that. Have you done the run from 6019 or will this be your first time?
    First time..

    The only time I ran with a pacer was when we did the mile run before we left reception in basic training.. It's akward bc you can't see them.. And I just feel akward.

    I can't remember but is the run on like a track? Or?

  16. #11876
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    I'm quite sure that that must have been Peggy Quinn, who should pretty much be treated as a God by you guys, since she runs candidate investigations. She's a very nice, wonderful woman, but God help you if you try and BS her.

    At the run you will presumably meet your DIs. If you pass you'll get your official job offer, possibly your proby manuals, and further instructions on the next step. Just follow the instructions on the run letter to a t, and you'll be fine.

  17. #11877
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I can't remember but is the run on like a track? Or?
    Eh, essentially.

  18. #11878
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Thanks. Really appreciate it. Do you know how many uniforms do they give you. Shirts, shorts, pants and can you buy extras?
    Unless things have changed, you'll get two class A dress shirts, tie, tie clip, collar brass, dress cap, belt and two pairs of work duty pants. That is what you'll wear to and from the academy everyday. You'll also get two pairs of PT shorts and two shirts. A PT sweatshirt and sweatpants. They don't always have enough, so I don't know if you'll be ale to buy more. If they do, you can.

    Sometime during the first week or so you'll get your work duty shirts, long and short sleeved with your name embroidered. This is what you'll wear in class and lecture. At some point you'll get your job shirt and BI jacket, ect.

    That's most of it, but certainly more than you need to worry about now.




    ***Lastly, forget what it says about a medical part B and what not. Fr all practical purposes, if you don't make the run, you're out. No one, almost literally, passes that second medical......nor do they deserve to. If you can't run a mile and a half in an embarrassingly long 13 minutes, you can't fight fires.
    vekdoggs75, And then? and FuDsNmYc like this.

  19. #11879
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    It's on cement. Flat and even. Very easy run.

  20. #11880
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    What are you guys planning on wearing to the run?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 34 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 26 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. bacon,
  3. blachatch,
  4. DannyD0pe,
  5. IronBars,
  6. k20dc2,
  7. Manhattan Medic,
  8. Matador611

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  2. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts