Like Tree9890Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    Lol..on a serious note I just got the date for my psych and medical in the mail. Things are moving along quickly. Just saw had my initial interview this week.
    hey could u post ur list number range

and guys for the future just post ur list number range to give us all an idea of whats going on ...thanx

Forum Member

Yes, you get binders of all of that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Yes, you get binders of all of that.
    This 4 me?? Okay, so its the same material? Good, im starting my academics TODAY. Codes/communications, hydrants, chemistry of fire, building construction..all of that. Screw January; academy starts TODAY.
    JoeNoVowel likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Same material that's on the site is in the binders. Have at it.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    This 4 me?? Okay, so its the same material? Good, im starting my academics TODAY. Codes/communications, hydrants, chemistry of fire, building construction..all of that. Screw January; academy starts TODAY.
    Don't go crazy yet. Notecards would be over doing it, but it's certainly not the worst idea to start familiarizing yourself with the building types and the characteristics of each, and other relatively static stuff like that. Don't try to learn tactics. That stuff has changed in different ways since when I went through the academy (all 6 months ago). Not to mention a lot of the tactics is better left to be taught by guys that are well versed in it.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

OAK
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    hey could u post ur list number range

and guys for the future just post ur list number range to give us all an idea of whats going on ...thanx
    Mid 900's. Sorry thought I had it in my sig.
    coldblood92 likes this.

OAK
    Forum Member

Forum Member

Man i gotta get in the next class before all hell breaks lose again. All this crap has the potential of creating another BS holdup i.e some sort of court ordered investigation into the goings on at the Rock. NOW the Vulcans are opening their mouths and starting their sh*t again??? They shouldve never let these old, entitled, under achieving, unprepared, fat pieces of scum step foot into the academy in the first place. My spider senses are freakin tingling right now.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 10-13-2013 at 02:24 AM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

The fact is the Rock is tough, all that are in the process now have not one word to say about how many people are flunking out. These articles are made up to stir the pot. Remember last class, the most out of shape class there was. I vaguely remember people making fun of people failing the first medical stair master tests to get in the current class. Now the young guys trying to get on now are failing it. Will these articles about people flunking out, or people out of shape come out for the next class, no one knows. That's why we need the Rag, that is the Post write whatever they want, cause there just might be story in your class. You must get there first.....
    I also might add, that I'm glad they weeded out the deadbeats. Most that are here now from PH's, OC, and EMS are working hard to stay on course.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 10-13-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Forum Member

the truth is in the numbers...that's all im going to say...the vulcans should be embarrassed and im sure they are; instead of blaming individuals for not keeping up they will blame the same system they went threw to get the job

And maybe, just maybe, the guy that didnt hack it on the exam who was "passed over" doesn't have the reading comprehension skills to make it threw with a high enough gpa. sub-par standards will give you sub-par candidates

Forum Member

I agree with the Vulcan thing, don't blame the academy or instructors for people failing out. Did the instructors and the DIs make it tougher for this class? I don't know, but as long as my squad make it out of here, that's all that matters.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 10-13-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Forum Member

The guy they interviewed was a straight up pos..if I am correct in who I think it is. He was always getting in trouble..getting us in trouble and then complaining about everything under the damn sun. It's an embarrassment having these types of yahoos who don't put in any effort and then demand the most back. If he had more time? You have to work hard every day and night to progress...it's only 18 weeks and this dude wants more time. You had 10 weeks pal..couldn't hack it in 10, 18 wasn't gonna do it for you either.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

The officer (who looks more like a cop than a fireman)
    by the short "cop looking" lieutenant.
    Tell me, what does a cop look like?

Be careful with generalizations.

Forum Member

Same material that's on the site is in the binders. Have at it.....
    Do you have the link for that material ?
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

It's really interesting to see #s. What's frustrating is knowing more than a few of the dropouts from EMS are people who dropped out for a second time. I can only hope there's no 3rd chance. What really drives me up a wall is that after the Vulcans manage to completely change the testing process and get a diverse class like they said we've always needed they are now taking aim at the academy process itself. It disgusts me that they see the unprecedented dropout rate and instead of asking "why are so many so unprepared?" they ask "why isn't the academy giving them a break?"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    Do you have the link for that material ?
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/un...esources.shtml
    Jackooze likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    It's really interesting to see #s. What's frustrating is knowing more than a few of the dropouts from EMS are people who dropped out for a second time. I can only hope there's no 3rd chance. What really drives me up a wall is that after the Vulcans manage to completely change the testing process and get a diverse class like they said we've always needed they are now taking aim at the academy process itself. It disgusts me that they see the unprecedented dropout rate and instead of asking "why are so many so unprepared?" they ask "why isn't the academy giving them a break?"
    seriously though,,, a simple minded common sense man could see this coming,,,,,, I predicted this from the moment the judge cancelled out our class from august 2010........

When they finally would start hiring the people who had a second chance who couldn't cut it the first time would then be brought back into the same position and asking for another try again......and again....and again

Einstein said it best.... "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results"
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Is it just me or does anyone else think the stair master is hard?

I go on 60 steps/min with 60 LB vest (just started training with vest and stairmaster last week) and its hard. The 3 minute 20 seconds I knock out with no problem, but after this is when it starts getting tough.. im at a about 5-6 minutes now but just making it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Tell me, what does a cop look like?

Be careful with generalizations.
    LOL i was waiting for that one...
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

The fact is the Rock is tough, all that are in the process now have not one word to say about how many people are flunking out. These articles are made up to stir the pot. Remember last class, the most out of shape class there was. I vaguely remember people making fun of people failing the first medical stair master tests to get in the current class. Now the young guys trying to get on now are failing it. Will these articles about people flunking out, or people out of shape come out for the next class, no one knows. That's why we need the Rag, that is the Post write whatever they want, cause there just might be story in your class. You must get there first.....
    I also might add, that I'm glad they weeded out the deadbeats. Most that are here now from PH's, OC, and EMS are working hard to stay on course.
    I dont have a word to say say about any EMS or OC candidates having a hard time; people who got there the right way at least. But i DO have something to say about entitled individuals holding me up. People with no real interest in the job, thinking about the money and thus failing to prepare themselves accordingly and the Vulcans trying to put the blame on the instructors instead of the half *** efforts of these same individuals. Ive seen it for myself down at the medical. Guys in their late 30's/ early 40's with huge guts complaining about the stairmaster and blatantly admitting that they havent put the training in. Then they get 3 more tries? Im sure you prepared yourself accordingly correct? And like you said, you and everyone else thats left are working hard to stay on course. But there are obviously some that arent, and its mostly because they are there for the wrong reasons. Im sure the rock is tough. Ive been to military basic training, very similar situation. And just like in the Army, you have guys who wanted to be there, trained and prepared themselves the right way and guys who were only there for college money and things like that. Those were the same individuals holding the platoon down and trying to run away from post on a weekly basis, only to be chased down by dogs and hurled back by the MP's. Scum is everywhere. I just hate when it gets in my way or holds me up. My rant is clearly and ONLY aimed at what this new entitlement situation has produced and the Vulcans efforts to shift the blame. I may not be at the Rock right now but im 100% sure the instructors arent pulling these guys aside and making sure they have a harder time than everyone else.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 10-13-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else think the stair master is hard?

I go on 60 steps/min with 60 LB vest (just started training with vest and stairmaster last week) and its hard. The 3 minute 20 seconds I knock out with no problem, but after this is when it starts getting tough.. im at a about 5-6 minutes now but just making it.
    Just keep traning with the vest I had the same problem in the beginning only could do a few minutes.now I'm up to 15 to 20 mins with the vest. As your legs get stronger you will improve.

Forum Member

Lemme ask a quick question about the stairmaster speed in comparison to the fdny stairmaster.. Does anyone notice the stairmaster at their gym maybe feeling alil faster?

At the rock when doing cpat training, the guy told us when you go to gym, set the stairmaster at level 4.. I've been using the stairmaster at my gym where I don't pay attention to the level when setting it, I set it to 60 steps a minute which is level 6.. Then today I used a different model stairmaster at the gym (sports club by me has 3, 2 of 1 model, 1 of a different) so today I used a different model where it was complicated to set it to a steps per minute speed so I clicked this thing called "CPAT" where it automatically set it to 3:20 and CPAT speed.. And again, I noticed it set it to level 4 during CPAT.. after having an EASY CPAT 3:20 on this machine, I finally got this thing to manual workout, and I selected level 4, and I noticed level 4 on the machine wasn't 60 steps/minute, and again, I had to set it to level 6 for it to say 60 steps/minute, which was challengingly different than when I did CPAT mode level 4 on the thing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Lemme ask a quick question about the stairmaster speed in comparison to the fdny stairmaster.. Does anyone notice the stairmaster at their gym maybe feeling alil faster?

At the rock when doing cpat training, the guy told us when you go to gym, set the stairmaster at level 4.. I've been using the stairmaster at my gym where I don't pay attention to the level when setting it, I set it to 60 steps a minute which is level 6.. Then today I used a different model stairmaster at the gym (sports club by me has 3, 2 of 1 model, 1 of a different) so today I used a different model where it was complicated to set it to a steps per minute speed so I clicked this thing called "CPAT" where it automatically set it to 3:20 and CPAT speed.. And again, I noticed it set it to level 4 during CPAT.. after having an EASY CPAT 3:20 on this machine, I finally got this thing to manual workout, and I selected level 4, and I noticed level 4 on the machine wasn't 60 steps/minute, and again, I had to set it to level 6 for it to say 60 steps/minute, which was challengingly different than when I did CPAT mode level 4 on the thing.
    What gym do you go to? And how often are you going? How much recovery time are you giving yourself?
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 10-13-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

I actually think the medical stairmaster felt the exact same. I go to Ultimate Fitness:

*26-50 Brooklyn Queens Expy W Woodside, NY 11377

...their stairmasters are perfect. Im not gonna lie i only bought a 50lb vest because i didnt have the money at the time for anything heavier, but it did the job. My vest actually feels a little heavier than the one they use at the medical.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

What gym do you go to? And how often are you going? How much recovery time are you giving yourself?
    I go to NY Sports Club.. Due to my work schedule, I go 2 days in a row to sportsclub on my 2 off days.. Then have 4 straight days of work.. during my 4 work days, I'll use the gym at my job and do 12 minutes cardio on the treadmill 2-3 days, and do weights 2-3 days.. I usually try to get rest in my last day going into my off days so I can rest before doing stairmaster followed by weights at sports club.

I don't want to go to sports club before work because I don't want to risk being late to work.. So Im limied to sportsclub back to back days on off days, and using gym at work my 4 days.. my gym at work is kind of cheap and doesn't have a stairmaster or anything of that sort. just a few treadmills and weights.

Thread Information