Page 60 of 1024 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370110160560 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 20463
Like Tree7765Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    LoL guys and gals check this shiet out.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=190650006166

Dude if your on this site and you read this all I have to say is your a dumb a.s.s loser for real. 199.99 r u serious lol stupid. Hey dummy it's spelled allowed not aloud. Ladies and gents this is why reading comp skills are needed, let levy know and show him a fine example of this moron.
    Just made my night. That's hilarious.

Forum Member

that's disgusting.

I'd hope it's not from someone on here. That's a real "I got mine" attitude.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 03-13-2012 at 09:04 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    that's disgusting.

I'd hope it's not from someone on here. That's a real "I got mine" attitude.
    If I had an ebay account, I would be half tempted to post the same stuff for free. There is no reason to charge people $200 for that. Especially since the FDNY Information Tutorial is free on DCAS's website.

Forum Member

I have a question maybe someone could help me with....

does anybody know if having a warrant for an unpaid ticket ( long time ago) will have an effect on being hired?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    I had asked the FDNY call center of recruitment the same question. The gentleman that attended me said that I have plenty of time to do this, so he told me to order from your credit card company or phone company. So I got all the hard copies. I suggest you do the same just to be on the safe side in case anything happens in the near future.

Btw it needs to show your address for proof of residency. But then again FDNY can accept anything else that proves that you were a NYC resident during that time period. Call them to verify and if they tell you different inform me please.
    so wait, i don't have to bring those documents on the day of the test?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
    Personally I would bring them just to be safe. Not worth risking those points.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
    FDNY and the Vulcan society mentioned not to bring anything because dcas was going to give you forms so that you can check off whatever points you qualify for. Now when you go to the background investigation part of the hiring process then you have to present them with the proper documents to back up the points you checked off during the written examination. Don't bring anything to the exam just pen/pencil and scrap paper. Also don't forget your admission notice.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks scav. Guess I'm a little paranoid.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcasler View Post
    I have a question maybe someone could help me with....

does anybody know if having a warrant for an unpaid ticket ( long time ago) will have an effect on being hired?
    Absolutely. I doubt the FDNY would care about what I presume to be a traffic citation, but the fact that you let it progress to the point of having a warrant issued raises a red flag. I may be wrong, I doubt it, but I don't think the City of New York can legally hire a civil servant with an outstanding warrant. If the warrant is still valid, I would get that taken care of. Regardless if the FDNY hires you, the next time you get pulled over, you're liable to be arrested.

Forum Member

sorry I didnt really give details lol... this happened about 7 years ago and was taken care of back then lol

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

sorry I didnt really give details lol... this happened about 7 years ago and was taken care of back then lol
    Even if you got an arrest as long as it wasn't a felony your ok. It doesn't look good but they can give people with prior arrests a 3 yr stipulation of monthly p.i.$$ing if they wish. Just make sure you get all you legal troubles taken care of as of right now.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 03-14-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Forum Member

just make sure you admit to it when you do your background paper work. nothing is worse than hiding it and them finding out on there own. since it was that long ago it probably won't mean much. worst thing that happens is the hire you on a stip and you get random drug and alcohol testing more frequently for a certain period of time.

Forum Member

yea I havent had any legal troubles since...I was just young and dumb at the time and didnt care about paying tickets... lol

I have no problem taking random drug testing for it

Forum Member

To the guys taking the exam tomorrow and the first week in general, best of luck to you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    To the guys taking the exam tomorrow and the first week in general, best of luck to you.
    I second that....good luck fellas.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks. Getting ready to make the trip up there today. Not looking forward to the 15 hour drive but definitely worth it.

On a side note, gonna be my first time in NYC, can anyone recommend some must dos while I'm there.

Forum Member

Thanks Tom, I'm taking it this Saturday. Nervous, but confident at the same time. This will be my last time being eligible to take the FDNY exam so I have to make this one count. Anything less than 100 and I can basically kiss the job goodbye.

Advice for EVERYONE taking the test...take the FULL 4 HOURS...double and triple check your answers...read the questions 2-3 times, make absolutely sure you know what they're asking of you and answer appropriately. Take every single question seriously, don't underestimate anything. Every word counts. Don't make your own assumptions and suggestions when answering a question. Answer the question as it is asked, and base your answer SOLELY on the information in the passages.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Thanks. Getting ready to make the trip up there today. Not looking forward to the 15 hour drive but definitely worth it.

On a side note, gonna be my first time in NYC, can anyone recommend some must dos while I'm there.
    Depends, how long are you in NYC for?

Times Square, the heart of NYC is a must, regardless of how long you stay...Central Park, Empire State Building obviously, ground zero

I don't know how you feel about museums but MOMA and the museum of natural history are musts. Statue of Liberty, Rockefeller Center, and so on lol...there's alot to do here
    Last edited by Angelo_D; 03-14-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Forum Member

does it really come down to 100 or bust?

Forum Member

does it really come down to 100 or bust?
    Unless you got residency AND military points, I would say so....

Thread Information