Like Tree10460Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Believe its pencils only. Anything you have in your pockets goes in a ziploc bag and when you sit at your computer theres 2 pencils there waiting for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Are you only allowed to use pencil, if you would happen to know?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stang0480 View Post
    Believe its pencils only. Anything you have in your pockets goes in a ziploc bag and when you sit at your computer theres 2 pencils there waiting for you.

Ahhhhh, gotcha. Thanks...

Forum Member

the whole Vulcan prep guide was posted On one of the previous pages I think.

Forum Member

Cool thank u! Yeah I saw the session A questions from the vulcans but I don't have session B questions for those videos. Can anyone direct me to a link for them please?

Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS405oxqMs4

What's up brothers...Came across this video and wanted to share with eveyone especially the guys that were told the FDNY is not a dangerous job. If you listen closely this 12 minute speech may make guys want the job more or not want it at all.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

R
    Quote Originally Posted by lint2810 View Post

What's up brothers...Came across this video and wanted to share with eveyone especially the guys that were told the FDNY is not a dangerous job. If you listen closely this 12 minute speech may make guys want the job more or not want it at ll.
    Yea now I want the job more than ever. This is what I want even if it kills me on the first day on the job. I want to forever be known as a hero. There's no Hero's in my family and I will be the first one. All who want to train with me pm and I will give you more info. I promise you'll be better prepared for this test. If your scared of any job you do then you'll never be good at it. No one should ever be afraid of anything they are going to do in life. Remember you can die walking down the street.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lint2810 View Post

What's up brothers...Came across this video and wanted to share with eveyone especially the guys that were told the FDNY is not a dangerous job. If you listen closely this 12 minute speech may make guys want the job more or not want it at all.
    Makes me want the job all the more

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    R

Yea now I want the job more than ever. This is what I want even if it kills me on the first day on the job. I want to forever be known as a hero. There's no Hero's in my family and I will be the first one. All who want to train with me pm and I will give you more info. I promise you'll be better prepared for this test. If your scared of any job you do then you'll never be good at it. No one should ever be afraid of anything they are going to do in life. Remember you can die walking down the street.
    Sorry for not replying to more of your question about the exam from your pm's, but I think you will feel better about yourself if you just go into it fresh, like the rest of us...study hard and you will know you did the best you can do.

Forum Member

R

Every single post of yours makes me want to puke! If you wanna be a hero, go buy a mask and a cape and you can even call yourself a SUPERHERO!

The last thing you'll ever hear a REAL fireman call himself is a hero.

Forum Member

R

what? do you even think? or just blindly type?

Forum Member

All the haters stfu, of course no firefighters call themselves hero's. But guess what I'm not a firefighter yet. My point is if your a scared little bitch do this job then most likely work in an office. I know electrians who died doing what they were taught to do. Shiet happens is my whole point, can't be afraid to do a certain job just because it's dangerous. You do it because that's what you want or love to do.

Anyone else interested in training with my graded stepmill pm me for more info.

Forum Member

Guys make sure you read everything multiple times. I used every minute I had to check over my work. Also watch the videos 3x. Absorb as much info as you can on them. Even though the material is simple as hell, once and hour or two passes the mind begins to grow bored and easy mistakes can be made. USE EVERY SECOND THEY GIVE YOU.

Forum Member

Skavenger85,

If you want to become a firefighter because you want to be a hero, I'm sorry but that's a very shallow and narrow-sighted reason.

Forum Member

Read this over at FDNY rant, don't how true it is but someone said that so far 70% of the Vulcan candidates haven't showed up for the exam. I don't know how true that is or accurate. Just very interesting if true. Wonder if it bodes well for guys that actually want this job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Read this over at FDNY rant, don't how true it is but someone said that so far 70% of the Vulcan candidates haven't showed up for the exam. I don't know how true that is or accurate. Just very interesting if true. Wonder if it bodes well for guys that actually want this job.
    I pray this is not true. We are F'd otherwise. Unless the 30% who did show up are killing it on the exam. I saw on twitter last night a few people "complaining" that there were next to no other black people taking the exam with them. That was only 2 people though, so hardly a big enough size to make any judgements.

Forum Member

Not sure how I feel about that whether it be true or not. Judge Doofus still has to review the exam results and God only knows how he feels about the fact that people aren't showing up to the exam. He might let the Vulcans go door to door and let these guys take it in their living rooms.

Forum Member

This is a huge reason why the whole situation is a sham. The court should have had to give their approval every step of the way. By the time the test was given there should have been a ruling on whether or not the FDNY satisfied their legal obligations to recruit to the court's standards. This would be like someone asking me if I thought the exam was fair and I said "I can't answer that until I get my grade".

Forum Member

Well I'll tell you how it doesn't bode well. It doesn't bode well if numbers don't come back like they're shooting for. Even if that is from the simple fact, once again, that certain candidates did not actually sit for the exam. 3rd grade level logic. How does it work? I don't even know anymore.

But I can assure you that a scenario like that won't bode well for any of us...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    This is a huge reason why the whole situation is a sham. The court should have had to give their approval every step of the way. By the time the test was given there should have been a ruling on whether or not the FDNY satisfied their legal obligations to recruit to the court's standards. This would be like someone asking me if I thought the exam was fair and I said "I can't answer that until I get my grade".
    The "should be's" and "would be's" are gonna drive you up the f'n wall man. Trust me...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    The "should be's" and "would be's" are gonna drive you up the f'n wall man. Trust me...
    You're 100% right. We gotta put blinders on to all of the things we can't control. Think I'll try to take my mind off of it and study some more.

Forum Member

This is the last time I'm going to say this. I want this job as much as people would want to win the the lotto. I have given up a few things to try to achieve this. I've put my wife and son through financial hell and I have invested alot of time getting physically ready as well as academically. So do I feel I deserve this job the answer is yes. Just like anyone of you i would love to get this job. So my opinion is this, I sacrificed alot and it's only the beginning, then you have the physical as well as the medical. Lets not forget the final frontier the FDNY academy where you really got to prove yourself. All of this is ball busting work that I want to endure. So if I want to consider myself quote on quote a superhero after I graduate the academy and after I help save someone's life then I will consider myself that even if no one thinks so.

Forum Member

“This ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling, a need, a desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut***."

Love that quote.

Forum Member

Same thing when I showed up to the tutorial in Astoria. The instructor said with all of those who signed up (61,000 or so), the auditorium should have been filled to capacity. All that was there were about 25 white and latino guys who looked like they really wanted to be prepared for the exam to the best of their ability. The black firefighter who was assisting the instructor didn't look to happy about this.

Forum Member

Doesnt minorities make up 40% of applicants signed up for the exam? Its only the 1st week. I was expecting a minority passing percentage similar to 6019's or better being that the same people are retaking this exam plus a whole lot more. A rewarding career paying 90k before o/t after 5.5 and health care for my family...i cant imagine NOT taking the exam.

Forum Member

The judge won't throw this exam out. Atleast I wouldnt think so, too much money involved. If he does throw it out he will be in for a big surprise from us the candidates and fireman as well as neighbors. People will protest because now its becoming even more of a public safety issue. Fireman lives would be in danger this would be considered suicide. Too many fires have occurred this year alone and on top of things the city eliminated the fifth man on the truck. They need fresh probies. The judge can't be this stupid I really hope not.

Thread Information