Like Tree9870Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    You don't need one? I went out and got 1 right when I got the packet.
    I needed one off 6019 and brought 1 this time as well but when I asked if they needed it this time around I was told no
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Anyone have any idea of when someone in the 1300's should get a packet in the mail?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by w13ny View Post
    Anyone have any idea of when someone in the 1300's should get a packet in the mail?
    Did you get a 101 or 102? To my knowledge they've only sent packets up to all the 102's and higher. Though I'd be very interested to see if any 101's get packets before January.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Did you get a 101 or 102? To my knowledge they've only sent packets up to all the 102's and higher. Though I'd be very interested to see if any 101's get packets before January.
    Do you guys think it will take a much longer time going through 100 and 99 and 98 than it did for the higher numbers since there are more of them? I would assume obviously yes but then wondering how many further down aren't serious. I talk to people who have these scores and they don't know anything about the process and don't know their list numbers. So since I have a 98, I am hopeful that a lot of these people aren't interested enough.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Do you guys think it will take a much longer time going through 100 and 99 and 98 than it did for the higher numbers since there are more of them? I would assume obviously yes but then wondering how many further down aren't serious. I talk to people who have these scores and they don't know anything about the process and don't know their list numbers. So since I have a 98, I am hopeful that a lot of these people aren't interested enough.
    Let's see what the hiring ratio is for the OC guys in this coming class. There may be more people who got 100-98 but also remember every class after this one will be pure OC so they will have to process more off our list for each class.

Forum Member

You don't need one? I went out and got 1 right when I got the packet.
    LOL...I got mine done like 6 months ago at my last job for free in preparation for whenever I was going to get my packet lol...figured it would be one less thing to do. It makes you wonder though...on an exam where they forced everyone to disclose their race beforehand, you'd think they would have wanted to see what each of us look like...but whatever.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

For the stair master, what I've been doing is I just do the stair master first thing every day I go to the gym. I workout 5 days a week. I know some people may not have the luxury, but here's my week.. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I walk in the gym, first thing I get on the stair master for 10 min at level 10 (supposed to be 100 steps/min) with no vest. I also lift weights on M, W and F (nothing crazy, as heavy as i can go while getting 15+ reps and doing supersets) and do a 15-20 min run at the end. Tuesday and Thursday I put 50lbs on and do the stairs for 10 min at 7 (supposed to be 70 steps/min. I don't go higher than level 7 bc I don't need to. Going at that "slow" pace sometimes feels harder that the faster pace, to me), then I do 2-3 circuits of kettle bells, then do my serious runs at the end for 30 min or so.

I know some of you may look at my workout and think I'm crazy, but I've been doing this for about a year now. When I first got my list number in the 1100s, people were telling me that it was probably good enough to be in the first January class (LOL) so I had to have a real sense of urgency, or at least I thought I did lol. Dropped 30lbs in 3-4 months, really thought I was getting in that first class. Here we are almost a full year later lol but I've just been conditioning myself, and increasing intensity at a decent pace, keeping my weight around 175-180 (I'm just under 5'10"), logging my workouts, using my heart rate monitor every day. I know my time will come eventually so I just keep at it.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    LOL...I got mine done like 6 months ago at my last job for free in preparation for whenever I was going to get my packet lol...figured it would be one less thing to do. It makes you wonder though...on an exam where they forced everyone to disclose their race beforehand, you'd think they would have wanted to see what each of us look like...but whatever.
    Excellent point about the disclosing of one's race.

Forum Member

I dont get it? why would they want to see what you look like considering they know your race? If they wanted to discriminate or something they could use the race alone.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Has anyone heard of anyone being DQ'd during investigations ? I have a few minor red flags I'm worried about but I think I'm just over analyzing it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Has anyone heard of anyone being DQ'd during investigations ? I have a few minor red flags I'm worried about but I think I'm just over analyzing it
    I think it goes case by case and depends on what the red flags actually are. My guess is some might be looked down upon more than others.
    SnatchBK likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I think it goes case by case and depends on what the red flags actually are. My guess is some might be looked down upon more than others.
    Speaking of investigations, can you just provide old copies of dispostions? I have a couple that I saved from previous investigation interviews and I was wondering if I could just provide those. One is from a town court more than a hour away so I would most likely need to take a day off or at least a half day to go up for a fresh one.

Forum Member

Speaking of investigations, can you just provide old copies of dispostions? I have a couple that I saved from previous investigation interviews and I was wondering if I could just provide those. One is from a town court more than a hour away so I would most likely need to take a day off or at least a half day to go up for a fresh one.
    Could they mail it to you ? I went to traffic court back in 2005 and they mailed me the court record. I requested it over the phone, saved me from having to take a day off from work.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Could they mail it to you ? I went to traffic court back in 2005 and they mailed me the court record. I requested it over the phone, saved me from having to take a day off from work.
    Not really sure. I'm going in w/ the copies, and I'll head up for originals if they need them.

Forum Member

I wish I could help but I'm not too sure.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I wish I could help but I'm not too sure.
    I appreciate it nonetheless. With a question like this, I figure the investigator I end up getting might have something to do with the answer.

Forum Member

Hey guys i got good news and bad news to report ...

Umm...my car was stolen a couple of nights back and it had a bunch of my workout gear in it; including my weight vest. If anyone has a weight vest they dont need and would be willing to "donate" to me or sell to me(for a really fair price) that would be amazing.

on the up side i had my medical today and was one of 3 out of 21 to pass the stairs on the first attempt.

Forum Member

A question:

Today I was diagnosed with a foot fracture. I have to be booted for at least 4 weeks and then take more X-rays to see if it healed properly. I was hoping to get answers to these questions:

1) if I get called for the cpat or medicals coming up (list number 12xx, investigation early November), is it possible to reschedule due to an injury or is that all she wrote for me?

2) what are some good cardio exercises for a dope that can't use his left leg?

Finally, coldblood, please private message me. I have a 40 lbs vest available. I know it's not ideal weight
    But if you need it I'm more than happy to talk.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItHappen View Post
    A question:

Today I was diagnosed with a foot fracture. I have to be booted for at least 4 weeks and then take more X-rays to see if it healed properly. I was hoping to get answers to these questions:
    You can definitely defer if need be. To be honest though from what everyone says here I'd be surprised if your CPAT/medical were that soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You can definitely defer if need be. To be honest though from what everyone says here I'd be surprised if your CPAT/medical were that soon.
    Thanks for the quick reply MM. I attend the cpat training at The Rock and they said all the cpat testing would be done before thanksgiving. I am just trying to plan ahead in case the four weeks booted turns into six weeks, or I need physical therapy, or, most likely, I need to rebuild some of the endurance I lost over the four weeks. Fingers crossed.

Forum Member

Thanks for the quick reply MM. I attend the cpat training at The Rock and they said all the cpat testing would be done before thanksgiving. I am just trying to plan ahead in case the four weeks booted turns into six weeks, or I need physical therapy, or, most likely, I need to rebuild some of the endurance I lost over the four weeks. Fingers crossed.
    I don't know the exact process, but I have to imagine there is a process in place for someone that gets the notification for either CPAT/Medical but has a recent injury. Save all relevant paperwork, you may have to give it to the department during the medical.

Forum Member

I think they said that the first round of CPAT trials will be early November.

Forum Member

Finally, coldblood, please private message me. I have a 40 lbs vest available. I know it's not ideal weight
    But if you need it I'm more than happy to talk.
    Thanx for the offer but 40lbs is a little to light...i was looking for something 60lbs+

Forum Member

Got called to go in for Oral psych today, on the other hand one of my references got the questionnaire today

List 7xx
    Last edited by JDNY13; 10-17-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Forum Member

so nobody here has taken a methacholine challenge test or know of anyone who has taken it?
    I really need some insight. thanks
    Exam: 2000
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Thread Information