Like Tree11284Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    Got called to go in for Oral psych today, on the other hand one of my references got the questionnaire today

List 7xx
    Yeah I got that call today too for oct 28th, any idea what it could be for? I did put down I took citapram for a few momths for anxiety, so I'm guessing they want to make sure I'm not some sort of emotional mess Lol

P.S I have my medical tomorrow morning at 6am, any idea what to expect besides a slew of testing, I can;t imagine it being 8 hours of straight tests

Forum Member

No idea, but if I had to guess I'd say it's from the bs dui I got out in Cali 3 years ago, and probably since I'm a combat veteran they probably want to make sure I don't have PTSD

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Yeah I got that call today too for oct 28th, any idea what it could be for? I did put down I took citapram for a few momths for anxiety, so I'm guessing they want to make sure I'm not some sort of emotional mess Lol

P.S I have my medical tomorrow morning at 6am, any idea what to expect besides a slew of testing, I can;t imagine it being 8 hours of straight tests
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    so nobody here has taken a methacholine challenge test or know of anyone who has taken it?
    I really need some insight. thanks
    you have allergies right? its to test if you have asthma or not...just go get it done and bring in your paper work

Forum Member

Does anyone know if your heart rate is completely negated on the second attempt? I can do eight minutes but my heart rate is at the maximum level, not 90% of that level. My heart rate was exactly 220-age. I'm worried because the instructors said as long as the doctor gives the okay you can stay on for the 8 minutes and pass. Will a doctor give me the okay to continue on if my heart rate is at my maximum?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    No idea, but if I had to guess I'd say it's from the bs dui I got out in Cali 3 years ago, and probably since I'm a combat veteran they probably want to make sure I don't have PTSD
    Ok I see, goodluck then bro, I figure as long as you try to keep a positive demeanor and tell them what they want to hear, we'll be fine.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin12345 View Post
    Does anyone know if your heart rate is completely negated on the second attempt? I can do eight minutes but my heart rate is at the maximum level, not 90% of that level. My heart rate was exactly 220-age. I'm worried because the instructors said as long as the doctor gives the okay you can stay on for the 8 minutes and pass. Will a doctor give me the okay to continue on if my heart rate is at my maximum?
    The doctor won't even look at you if you get off the stairs and look collected. I got off slightly panting and just walked out. Doctor didn't even look up from his desk. I think the doctor only reviews you if you're about to keel over and die lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    so nobody here has taken a methacholine challenge test or know of anyone who has taken it?
    I really need some insight. thanks
    I know people who have taken it but I don't know much about it. As long as you pass you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Like your investigation if you show up on the earlier side you'll be processed sooner and get out of there sooner. Other than that just show up, shut up, and follow directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin12345 View Post
    Far as I am aware on the 2nd time around all they care about is you finishing it.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    you have allergies right? its to test if you have asthma or not...just go get it done and bring in your paper work
    i had childhood asthma, i just dont want to get a positive on the test and then be DQ'ed for something i currently do not have.
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Manhattan Medic;1386918]I know people who have taken it but I don't know much about it. As long as you pass you're good.
    Do you know of the outcomes on the tests? yes if you pass then you are good, but anything about a fail? i need to take this test, but havent had a problem with asthma for well over 10-12 years. (i'm 22 now)
    I heard some people say if you had asthma, you are still prone to fail. IDK, and I know you do not know much of it either but thanks. Just expressing my concern.
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItHappen View Post
    A question:

Today I was diagnosed with a foot fracture. I have to be booted for at least 4 weeks and then take more X-rays to see if it healed properly. I was hoping to get answers to these questions:

1) if I get called for the cpat or medicals coming up (list number 12xx, investigation early November), is it possible to reschedule due to an injury or is that all she wrote for me?

2) what are some good cardio exercises for a dope that can't use his left leg?

Finally, coldblood, please private message me. I have a 40 lbs vest available. I know it's not ideal weight
    But if you need it I'm more than happy to talk.
    If you have access to a pool that's your best bet for low impact aerobics. If not then a bike is way safer than running till you're fully healed. Obviously take a bit of a vaca from leg stuff till the doc says you're safe. Extra push-ups, pull-ups, and sit-up never hurt anyone.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Thanx for the offer but 40lbs is a little to light...i was looking for something 60lbs+
    If you passed your medical, why do you need a vest? I would focus on running at this point.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    If you passed your medical, why do you need a vest? I would focus on running at this point.
    I still have the CPAT to do...and its part of my workout. I already do 4 miles of intervals...so im more than ready
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I still have the CPAT to do...and its part of my workout. I already do 4 miles of intervals...so im more than ready
    Ahhh yeah keep forgetting meds are before the physical this go around.
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Ahhh yeah keep forgetting meds are before the physical this go around.
    I know its hard to keep track when theres no order to it this time around lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I know its hard to keep track when theres no order to it this time around lol
    Confusing as sh*t man.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Did you get a 101 or 102? To my knowledge they've only sent packets up to all the 102's and higher. Though I'd be very interested to see if any 101's get packets before January.
    I got a 101 so I should expect one closer to January? That would mean id be more likely to get into the July class or the January after that?

Forum Member

Does anybody know how long the medical and written psych appointments take? Also the psych notice says dress casually, so im guessing you don't need to come in business attire, but im planning on wearing dress pants and dress shirt is that ok?

Also, I've asked before, and had this question answered, but I'll ask again because I saw a couple people post that they got called for oral psychs which I thought isn't always part of the psych unless they call you in to discuss things..

I failed nypd psych, will I have to disclose that at the written psych? Does it ask you that on the test?

Forum Member

Default Process

What's going on. Just looking for some insight. I'm in the 2200's on the list. Does anyone have any idea where they're at on the list, or realistically when I might get called. I've been training for a while now and I know i still have some time, so I'm not too worried about that, I'm just not too familiar with the whole process. What comes first, CPAT, medical? Also, what does the medical include? I don't have much of a medical history, but i have no clue what the medical entails. Is the drug test part of the medical? Do they start psych evals as part of the medical? Any help would be appreciated.

Forum Member

I too am also curious as to how long the medical takes. I have work at 2pm just wondering if I'd be able to make it.

Any insight?

Forum Member

My mentor left a voicemail and mentioned something about a CPAT questionnaire after the physical. Not sure if he just means the official notice of passing the exam from DCAS or another letter from metrotech. Can anybody confirm this?

He made it seem like a big deal.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I too am also curious as to how long the medical takes. I have work at 2pm just wondering if I'd be able to make it.

Any insight?
    I got there at 6:45 and it ended at 12 you can't leave untill everyone it done with everything

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post

Any insight?
    Plan for 7 hrs to be safe. They start at 6 45 and I was out a little before noon
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

No no....the vest and the stairs are still key, regardless of whether or not you've passed the medical. I'd definitely keep running and be ready to do 3 miles on day one, but stairs will help your cardiac/muscle endurance in ways that more closely resemble the job requirements. You could make it through the academy and never run another day, but I'd bet you do a fair amount of stairs for the rest of your career.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by b.humm31 View Post
    What's going on. Just looking for some insight. I'm in the 2200's on the list. Does anyone have any idea where they're at on the list, or realistically when I might get called. I've been training for a while now and I know i still have some time, so I'm not too worried about that, I'm just not too familiar with the whole process. What comes first, CPAT, medical? Also, what does the medical include? I don't have much of a medical history, but i have no clue what the medical entails. Is the drug test part of the medical? Do they start psych evals as part of the medical? Any help would be appreciated.
    From my experience, im late 900's, I got called to start process now.. they are moving pretty fast with me, 1st I was offered a CPAT prep course starting in late September.. I met my investigator early October, have my medical and psych late October, cpat November. I BELEIVE they called up to around 1300ish to start the process now.. when they addressed us when we went to meet investigators, they told us that we who are processing now, will most likely be july 2014 or January 2015.. They told us only people with a high list number have a shot for January 2014. By high list number, I believe they mean 600-700 range. At the cpat training program they told us 700's have a good chance of being called for January 2014.

My estimate (which could be WAY WAY OFF) but my educated guess with a list number of 2200 is july 2015, maybe January 2015.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    No no....the vest and the stairs are still key, regardless of whether or not you've passed the medical. I'd definitely keep running and be ready to do 3 miles on day one, but stairs will help your cardiac/muscle endurance in ways that more closely resemble the job requirements. You could make it through the academy and never run another day, but I'd bet you do a fair amount of stairs for the rest of your career.
    Well said. I like the stairmaster with a vest, and plan on continuing to do that even after process is over.

Thread Information