Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 602 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 1025025525925996006016026036046056126527021102 ... LastLast
Results 12,021 to 12,040 of 23119
Like Tree9073Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Unfortunately not. I was still supported financially, for the most part, by my parents who lived on long island. Do you think what I have is enough? I got a w2 from 2011 also with a Brooklyn address, which is where I moved directly after graduating.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    Unfortunately not. I was still supported financially, for the most part, by my parents who lived on long island. Do you think what I have is enough? I got a w2 from 2011 also with a Brooklyn address, which is where I moved directly after graduating.
    What's the timeframe we need to have documents for again?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    What's the timeframe we need to have documents for again?
    June 2010-July 1, 2011. I'm basically going to bring as much stuff I can dig up and cross my fingers. If it fails ill be riding a bus for a few years and hopefully I'm not to old to be promoted at that point being I'm 24, turning 25 in February.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    great book. i would also recommend "report from ground zero" also by Dennis Smith and "the last men out" by Tom Downey

Read "Firehouse" and "So Other Might Live". That's all you need to read. Those books are well respected ON the job.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I am not kidding, this young guy showed up at 9:30. I don't know what happened but they took him in the back.
    Yes, unfortunately we will pay for their tardiness.

This should be the end of your opportunity. Seriously. If you can't make it to one of the most important days that decides the future of your career, you should be terminated from the process immediately. Tardiness says a lot about a persons character.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Any credit cards with your account number ? Cellphone might work too.
    Cell phone bill will not work. Credit card statement, bank statement, w-2, telephone bill, cable bill, gas, electric or water bill, mortgage or lease in candidate's name. For any one 21 years or younger diploma, transcript ,GED....

Forum Member

June 2010-July 1, 2011. I'm basically going to bring as much stuff I can dig up and cross my fingers. If it fails ill be riding a bus for a few years and hopefully I'm not to old to be promoted at that point being I'm 24, turning 25 in February.
    Just a heads up. When I first turn in my paper for residency it was from 2010 and 2011. When I spoke to my new investigator I fax over the same paper that I turn in the first time. He call me back and ask for bank statement and my lease for 2013.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Just a heads up. When I first turn in my paper for residency it was from 2010 and 2011. When I spoke to my new investigator I fax over the same paper that I turn in the first time. He call me back and ask for bank statement and my lease for 2013.
    That is probably to confirm that you are living in the city or other acceptable counties at the time of appointment.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    I've been a city resident from 2007 to present, the last 2 years being independent from my parents financially. When the time comes I'm going to cross my fingers and hope what I got is good enough. The bottom of the NOE says the fdny can accept other documents in leu of what's listed. I have 2 of the 3 they want. I'm hoping they accept a transcript or rent checks as the 3rd. I feel they will get more leanient as time goes on. It's obvious I was a city resident when u look at the papers, it's just not EXACTLY what's listed. Sorry to ramble, but I get crazy when I think about it.

Forum Member

I've been a city resident from 2007 to present, the last 2 years being independent from my parents financially. When the time comes I'm going to cross my fingers and hope what I got is good enough. The bottom of the NOE says the fdny can accept other documents in leu of what's listed. I have 2 of the 3 they want. I'm hoping they accept a transcript or rent checks as the 3rd. I feel they will get more leanient as time goes on. It's obvious I was a city resident when u look at the papers, it's just not EXACTLY what's listed. Sorry to ramble, but I get crazy when I think about it.
    I know how you feel, I have several pieces of proof I lived in the city during that time frame. I even have 40 something of the 52 weeks worth of pay stubs during that time frame. But I moved to Long Beach last September so I'm incredibly nervous they will come and say you don't get the points because your not in the city anymore. I know guys have in the same situation have gotten the points. I called candidate investigations before I moved last year and they said I'll get the points as long as I have the paperwork but I'm still very anxious about it.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I know this is far in the future, but can someone tell me when they project the next notice of exam will come out? Do you think it will be before February of 2018? To put it in perspective the NOE for 2500 was December 2011.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Read "Firehouse" and "So Other Might Live". That's all you need to read. Those books are well respected ON the job.
    Funny you should mention "Firehouse," I took it out of my local library last week randomly. I haven't got to it yet because I'm reading "Strong of Heart" first - have you read this? I got it because the summary on the inside jacket talked about the great work Ray Downey did, and I've run in the annual 5k they have in Deer Park benefiting his scholarship fund.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-USCG View Post
    My new investigator just called. Apparently my old investigator retired. He stated that I needed to prove residency again. I sent those documents months ago with a confirmation receipt to ensure that it was received, but I guess my old investigator didn't update my file. I don't mind doing it again, but it makes you wonder if they made any mistakes on their part. I have the receipt, and emails as proof. I'm going to print them just in case. I asked if this was due because I might have a shot at this July class, but he couldn't tell me yes or no. Anyone else have this happened to them? Anyone know if this is routine before an academy class especially since we heard a few people failed the run?
    i received a similar call about two weeks ago, my investigator basically said they were scrutinizing all claims for residency and that i was missing documents. caught me off guard because i thought i was all squared away in that department. i went to metrotech the next day with whatever additional documents i could find within 24 hours and turned them in. like i said this was two weeks ago, called a few times with no definite answer. i did hear mention that the OC guys they were looking into were possibly for last minute additions to the July class, if needed. last thing i heard was that there were talks of sending out emails to OC candidates starting Monday. Haven't received mine yet, if i even will, and by the looks of it neither have you. We're in the same ballpark as far as list number. so basically turn in what you can ASAP and hang tight..AKA Hurry up and wait...
    FDNY-USCG likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Fire View Post
    i received a similar call about two weeks ago, my investigator basically said they were scrutinizing all claims for residency and that i was missing documents. caught me off guard because i thought i was all squared away in that department. i went to metrotech the next day with whatever additional documents i could find within 24 hours and turned them in. like i said this was two weeks ago, called a few times with no definite answer. i did hear mention that the OC guys they were looking into were possibly for last minute additions to the July class, if needed. last thing i heard was that there were talks of sending out emails to OC candidates starting Monday. Haven't received mine yet, if i even will, and by the looks of it neither have you. We're in the same ballpark as far as list number. so basically turn in what you can ASAP and hang tight..AKA Hurry up and wait...
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to metrotech tomorrow to go hand in those documents. I'll try asking him if he knows what is going on with the OC list and this class. I doubt he'll say anything. I'll post anything I hear tomorrow after I'm done at Metrotech and with class.
    Exam #2000
    Score 10x
    List # 5x
    CPAT-4/30/2013
    Background-3/6/2013
    Medical-4/4/2013
    Written psych-4/7/2013
    1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
    Academy-7/29/2013

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Fire View Post
    I am also close to his # (prob no more than 10 off), so I assume you are probably close to mine as well. I have not received any email yet either, and my investigator also contacted me about getting a couple pieces of paperwork into her asap as well because as she said "I am being considered for the July class". I sent it in and have not heard back yet, and that's with trying to call her, and leaving a message. So my guess is if I am in the July class, I will get an email this week. If I don't, well then January it is.

Forum Member

Good luck to all you guys and girls that have their run tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted about the two Oc guys that have their run dates tomorrow with me. Hopefully I can get more information from them after the run.

Forum Member

I am curious as to the list number of the 2 OCs you say are running tomorrow. Are these guys also PHs? Because my list number in in the top 20 and I have heard nothing. Talked to my investigator and she outright told me no OCs had been processed for the runs yet.

Forum Member

Furthermore I was told that the list has been established and the 4 year life span on the OC has begun already when we got our list numbers. So there is no reason to hold OCs back from this academy. I also am very close with a guy in the top 5 on the OC list and he received nothing for the run. So I find it very curious that OCs would be running tomorrow without also being PHs. If they are solely OCs please let me know their list numbers so I know if I've been mistakenly passed over.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Yea I read "Firehouse" too over the winter in about a day. I recommend to everyone on here.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

You have a transcript so you went to college in the city? If so your college mails you tax forms every year with your address and they should have it on file if you don't still have it. That would probably work in lieu of the w-2s

Thread Information