Like Tree10484Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    No no....the vest and the stairs are still key, regardless of whether or not you've passed the medical. I'd definitely keep running and be ready to do 3 miles on day one, but stairs will help your cardiac/muscle endurance in ways that more closely resemble the job requirements. You could make it through the academy and never run another day, but I'd bet you do a fair amount of stairs for the rest of your career.
    True - I was thinking short sighted.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItHappen View Post
    A question:

Today I was diagnosed with a foot fracture. I have to be booted for at least 4 weeks and then take more X-rays to see if it healed properly. I was hoping to get answers to these questions:

1) if I get called for the cpat or medicals coming up (list number 12xx, investigation early November), is it possible to reschedule due to an injury or is that all she wrote for me?

2) what are some good cardio exercises for a dope that can't use his left leg?

Finally, coldblood, please private message me. I have a 40 lbs vest available. I know it's not ideal weight
    But if you need it I'm more than happy to talk.
    Hey man sucks to hear but I don't know how big ur boot is but the Rowing Machine is a great overall body excercise and great for your HR I don't know if u could fit it in the strap tho either way u could leave one foot out. Also look into if u can find an Airodyne machine I think that's how u spell it have one at my gym really blasts your cardio. And pull-ups pull-ups and pull-ups and than dips it's not running or the stairmaster but it will keep your hr and cardio where it should be just not quite develop the leg muscles because nothing subs running or a stair machine except running or being on a stair machine. Good Luck bro

Forum Member

Question about medical questionnaire.

Did anyone put yes for alcohol use? I put no but then crossed it out and put yes, because I've had a drink before in my life lol so putting no is lying completely. But I've never abused alcohol or had a problem with alcohol.

Also, it asks "have you ever been disqualified from employment due to medical or psychological reason"

I was NYPD psych DQ'ed, which I disclosed to my paper work to my investigator. But I've NEVER had any psychological issues in the past, never been on any drugs or scene a shrink. What should I put down for this? Im afraid to put yes, because I've never had any previous psychological issues that caused NYPD to DQ me. They just stated that I don't have the personality for the job. Im afraid to put yes, because I don't want to open a bag of problems for myself.

what should I put for this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post

Did anyone put yes for alcohol use? I put no but then crossed it out and put yes, because I've had a drink before in my life lol so putting no is lying completely. But I've never abused alcohol or had a problem with alcohol.

Also, it asks "have you ever been disqualified from employment due to medical or psychological reason"

I was NYPD psych DQ'ed, which I disclosed to my paper work to my investigator. But I've NEVER had any psychological issues in the past, never been on any drugs or scene a shrink. What should I put down for this? Im afraid to put yes, because I've never had any previous psychological issues that caused NYPD to DQ me. They just stated that I don't have the personality for the job. Im afraid to put yes, because I don't want to open a bag of problems for myself.

If you already put it on your paperwork I wouldn't change it on the medical questionnaire. I think getting caught lying would be worse than a dq from pd. I've heard of guys getting on after being dq'd from pd's psych.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post

Be honest. Everybody knows that drinking is a proud tradition of members of the Fire Department. Nobody cares whether you've had a drink, they certainly do care however if you characterize yourself as an alcoholic (at the medical you do a computerized questionnaire where they ask a lot of questions to flesh this out).

I would say yes to "Have you been DQ'ed?" They'll ask about it, you explain they DQ'ed you for whatever reason, nothing in specific, no history, etc. Better to be upfront about everything and explain what happened. Lying, or the appearance of lying, is much, much worse.

Forum Member

How long is the medical questionnaire form and is it available online ? I have my medical on Tuesday and still haven't received anything from them, and I don't want to wait and have my investigator fax it on Monday and not have time to fill it out
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

It's only 3 pages. It should've come with whatever letter telling you you have it Tuesday. I dunno about finding it online. It's 3 pages of diseases basically and you have to check off anything you've had and then explain its relevance to you.

Forum Member

Does it need to be notarized ? I never received any letter, my investigator told me I had it on the 22nd went I dropped off my remaining paper work after my psych, And when I called to check he said to just keep waiting and to call Monday and hell fax it, but I don't want to wait because he has a habit of not answering the phone

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    It's only 3 pages. It should've come with whatever letter telling you you have it Tuesday. I dunno about finding it online. It's 3 pages of diseases basically and you have to check off anything you've had and then explain its relevance to you.
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

When is the drug test in relation to the medical/cpat/psych?

Forum Member

drug test is the same day as your medical

Forum Member

There is something that has to be notarized. Don't remember what don't have it in front of me

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    drug test is the same day as your medical
    So its like the first thing you do?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by b.humm31 View Post
    So its like the first thing you do?
    Is that relevant?

Forum Member

Thanks Mtk123 and Manhattan Medic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Is that relevant?
    Lol someone smokes

Forum Member

edit: stupid question lol
    Last edited by NycQ83; 10-20-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Lol someone smokes
    lol drug tests are the least of my concerns. I could care less if I had to be drug tested before every appointment.

Forum Member

Lol someone smokes
    Yeah that's my assumption too.

Personally: I think nearly everything should be legal (heroin, coke, and meth would likely be the exception), and I don't know why Pot is still seen as more dangerous than alcohol. I also think drug testing for the sake of drug testing is an incredible invasion of privacy that we should not put up with. That said.. the department has a zero tolerance policy. If this is what you want to do you need to quit, there's really no choice. I knew two people in EMS with 20+ years on who got caught doing something illegal. They were both lucky enough to manage to retire early (EMS is 25 year minimum), and deal with all the penalties of retiring early, instead of being flat out terminated. They got lucky.

Forum Member

my friend whose wife just had a baby a month ago, got canned for failing a drug test. I don't do drugs, never have so I really don't have a strong opinion for allowing it, but it is what it is, if you can't do drugs for the sake of keeping your job, then don't do drugs.. that simple.

Forum Member

Drugs are bad....mmmmkayyy

Forum Member

Question for the guys that have gone through the background investigation, how strict are they about your work history ? They want your work history going back to high school so that's almost 12 years for me. I've been at the same job for 7 years, everything before that I don't remember all my history. Do they want every job listed ? I've had a few jobs in my younger days where I was there from 3 days to a few weeks. And some of these jobs I have no idea what months I may of worked there, where going back like 9-10 years when I was fresh out of high school.
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Question for the guys that have gone through the background investigation, how strict are they about your work history ? They want your work history going back to high school so that's almost 12 years for me. I've been at the same job for 7 years, everything before that I don't remember all my history. Do they want every job listed ? I've had a few jobs in my younger days where I was there from 3 days to a few weeks. And some of these jobs I have no idea what months I may of worked there, where going back like 9-10 years when I was fresh out of high school.
    The detailed earnings report will tell you if you don't remember the dates. Just request the years since you left hs at the ss office

Forum Member

The detailed earnings report will tell you if you don't remember the dates. Just request the years since you left hs at the ss office
    I did that, my earnings report only has the years I worked at these jobs.

Forum Member

Do you happen to know it they send info out to all of the jobs since high school that you listed, or just what is listed on the SS earnings report that they request?

Forum Member

does anyone have a problem with their investigator not answering emails? I sent my investigator an email last wednesday and has yet to reply. I sent it twice to make sure that she has it. When I call she doesnt answer as well.
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Thread Information