Like Tree11285Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I do all my bills paperless, so even in that case I still have to bring in a piece of mail ? The only mail I get when I do get some is junk mail. I printed out 3 months worth of bills for 3 different accounts.
    I do all my bills paperless as well. You have to get some kind of mail to your house. I used a letter my retirement fund company sent me. It doesn't have to be something official but its probably just easier to accept. As long as it has your name on it with the address you should be fine. I needed to provide one bank and one credit card statement along with this which is easy, just print out like you did before.

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Anyone know if you can use CD bank statements? Or does it have to be checking account? You guys are making me wanna get everything together now haha.
    I cant imagine it being an issue, its still a bank.

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    im in the same boat with summonses, but didn't see that on the paperwork request, is there additional paperwork that requires this?
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I have a question about the moving violation section of the packet. I got a red light ticket over 6 years ago and the guy gave me points on my license. I didn't even run the red light. My front wheels were passed the white line while I was stopped at a red light. The guy pulled me over and gave me a ticket for that and points... Anyways, when I got my drivers abstract, the paper is literally blank. No history on it. Does that mean that "it didn't happen" or it has "been erased" and I don't have to mention it in the packet section? Rather not mention it if I don't have to, obviously.
    I personally didn't have any so I pretty much skimp past those pages of the packet because none of it implies to me, this list of documents I submitted was a mix between myself and another candidate that we both handed in and he had some. From my understanding pretty much anything you had to go to court for you need to list and provide some kind of disposition. I got an "unsafe operation of a motor vehicle" ticket (which is a moving violation) when I was 17 which I plead guilty to and paid a fine. I listed it just to be safe but my investigator told me that its not necessary because it was so long ago and I don't have anything else to report. I would definitely list that red light ticket even if its not on your abstract. Not everything you get ends up on there as I believe that is only for accidents but I'm not positive on that. But as a perfect example I just recently was driving and got side swiped by another car. Didn't show up on my abstract because this was just before my investigation but I still brought the insurance claim stating I was not found at fault at all and my investigator said that was a good idea because if it shows up on my abstract by my date of hire they will require the paperwork on it.

I would list anything you can think of and provide the disposition if you have it handy or if its recent.
    They'll tell you whether or not they need more info on it. As long as you don't have a continuous record of crap I don't imagine it would be an issue. They are only looking to pick out people who have serious issues or show a record of constant issues because that will mean to them you will probably cause them a problem in the future which will be attached to FDNY.
    Last edited by FdnyFFHopeful; 10-24-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Just finished up my intake interview and went really smooth. I have everything except the notarized statement that I was supported by my parents during a period of unemployment. But my investigator was really nice. The earlier you get there the earlier you get out.
    vekdoggs75, River6019 and grizzle like this.

Forum Member

Just finished up my intake interview and went really smooth. I have everything except the notarized statement that I was supported by my parents during a period of unemployment. But my investigator was really nice. The earlier you get there the earlier you get out.
    Nice man, got mine in a week. Hopefully mine goes as smoothly. Glad to see your Long Beach move didn't mess you up.
    TomFromQueens likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Yeah I finished mine today as well. It went smoother than I thought it would've imagined after the way it started. My impression on my investigator is TBD.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Nice man, got mine in a week. Hopefully mine goes as smoothly. Glad to see your Long Beach move didn't mess you up.
    It's not 100% confirmed yet, she just collects it and than someone else reviews your file. But from what she saw, she said everything looked good. But when Ms.Quinn was talking to the entire group she said for the residency points we don't care where you lived before or where you lived after, we just care about where you lived during that time period stated on the NOE. I don't want to jinx it but it looks good so far.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Got my CPAT dates in the mail, 9th, 14th, and 19th.

Also one more thing about the investigation today. Some people have said they had to bring in a piece of mail showing current residency, even if you printed off bills online. My investigator accepted whatever I printed online. I asked her if I needed a piece of recent mail to prove current residency and she said she doesn't need, what I printed was fine. So I really think it just depends on your investigator.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Got my CPAT dates in the mail, 9th, 14th, and 19th.

Also one more thing about the investigation today. Some people have said they had to bring in a piece of mail showing current residency, even if you printed off bills online. My investigator accepted whatever I printed online. I asked her if I needed a piece of recent mail to prove current residency and she said she doesn't need, what I printed was fine. So I really think it just depends on your investigator.
    Yeah you're right. I need to produce that "piece of mail" for my guy.

Forum Member

For the academy coming up do they do like all the guys who scored 103 and up get in .....I can't imagine two people who got the same score and one not getting in for the strange way they arranged all the people with the same score? hope my question is clear

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    For the academy coming up do they do like all the guys who scored 103 and up get in .....I can't imagine two people who got the same score and one not getting in for the strange way they arranged all the people with the same score? hope my question is clear
    They go in list order and grab as many people as it takes to fill 320 spots. The way they arranged the list is by social security numbers, so it is just the luck of the draw. Nonetheless, some people from 103 may be touched, some people from the 102s might be touched, but it all depends on list numbers.

Forum Member

It makes no difference, they use the last 5 of your social security number as the tie breaker. You'll most likely see guys with 103's in this upcoming class and the June/July 2014 class.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

with summons and points on my license i'm nervous about the investigation.
    I'm trying not to omit anything but looking at the collection I have gathered I am concerned =/
    does anyone else have a tainted collection but have managed to pass the investigation?

Forum Member

I believe they just go down the list and send the letter to attend the 1.5 mile run to each guy on the list who has passed all the steps.

That being said if all the other 104's get a letter for the run in early January and I don't (I have passed all the steps in the process so far), I'm calling up CID to make sure I get a freakin letter lol. This is not something I am going to miss out on.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

I guess I will just go to the court and have them print up those 2 pesky, but dismissed, summonses I got in my teenage years. If they even have them in the system anymore lol. Other than that, my folder is complete!!!

TomFromQueens and vekdoggs, maybe I'll see ya there on Nov 9th!!! My appointment is at 2pm, but I'll most likely be there at 1pm lol. WOOOOOOOO IM SO PUMPED TO GET THIS CPAT DONE WITH!!!!!
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I guess I will just go to the court and have them print up those 2 pesky, but dismissed, summonses I got in my teenage years. If they even have them in the system anymore lol. Other than that, my folder is complete!!!

TomFromQueens and vekdoggs, maybe I'll see ya there on Nov 9th!!! My appointment is at 2pm, but I'll most likely be there at 1pm lol. WOOOOOOOO IM SO PUMPED TO GET THIS CPAT DONE WITH!!!!!
    You got 2:00 pm ? I'll trade with ya, I have to be there 8:00 am lol. On the bright side I won't to take off from work.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

You're given a list # for a reason. This was never an issue on previous exams because the score on a previous exam would be 103.XXXX, so there were rarely ties. Since the scores on this test are whole number they did a tie breaker the way that I think the department does tie breakers for anything: last 5 of your SSN. When it comes time to actually hire people for the next class they're just going to go straight down the list till they have enough candidates.

Forum Member

You got 2:00 pm ? I'll trade with ya, I have to be there 8:00 am lol. On the bright side I won't to take off from work.
    Never even looked at my time lol.

Forum Member

See you guys on the 9th as well! Actually mine's at 3:30 so probably not, but good luck anyhow gents!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanTony View Post
    with summons and points on my license i'm nervous about the investigation.
    I'm trying not to omit anything but looking at the collection I have gathered I am concerned =/
    does anyone else have a tainted collection but have managed to pass the investigation?
    Don't worry about this.. FDNY doesn't seem to be looking to rule people out the same way nypd does. If you just be honest and bring every disposition it shouldn't be a problem.

Forum Member

grizzle

please post if those dispos are necessary or not when you go in

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    grizzle

please post if those dispos are necessary or not when you go in
    I met my investigator, heres how it went on dispositions.. before we met the investigator, the director of candidate investigations told us, for misdeamenor arrests u need a dispo.. for summons' that WERE DISMISSED, YOU DO NOT NEED A DISPOSITION. IF THE SUMMONS WASN'T DISMISSED AND IT RESULTED IN A FINE OR WHAT NOT, YOU NEEDED A DISPOSITION.

My situation, I have 1 summons from 7 years ago for fair evasion. I went to court it was dismissed. A candidate in the room had the same exact thing and he asked if he had to disclose that and the director said no you can cross that out you don't have to disclose that.

I chose not to cross it out since I already put it down. My investigator since I put it down, asked me for a disposition. Thankfully I had a copy of the dispo which I brought just in case so she accepted that.

So my advice to you, if you have copies of your dispo's bring them. if you don't, then I would go get a disposition for every summons you put down. My summons' I didn't have to disclose according to the director, but since I did disclose it, my investigator asked for the dispo.

So rule of thumb, if you put it down, get a dispo, because your investigator will ask for it, EVEN IF ITS A SUMMONS THAT YOU DIDNT HAVE TO DISCLOSE IN THE 1ST PLACE. If you cant get the dispo by the time you go, then im sure they will let you fax it.

Forum Member

Does anyone who has taken the Psych know what the dress code is. I would like to be comfortable (sweatpants and a sweatshirt) since its a long multiple choice test, but if suits or business casual is expected, obviously ill wear that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin12345 View Post
    Does anyone who has taken the Psych know what the dress code is. I would like to be comfortable (sweatpants and a sweatshirt) since its a long multiple choice test, but if suits or business casual is expected, obviously ill wear that.
    It is a mix. When I took it some did wear suits (me), while others were in business casual and some were in sweats and sweatshirts. I don't think it is a set dress code. But it is always better to over dress then under dress. The test shouldn't take you long. Was done in about 1.5 hrs. Good luck.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

John check your inbox when you get a chance

Forum Member

Thanks thirdtimesacharm

Forum Member

Went to the courthouse to get the 2 dispositions I had. Both given to me at the same time in 2007 lol. Both dismissed. The guy at the counter said that the FDNY investigator isn't gonna care about them bc they are from over 6 years ago and were dismissed. It was nice to hear but I will bring them anyway, just in case. John just said that if they were dismissed, nobody cares lol. I'll keep you guys posted, of course. Update on that red light ticket I mentioned before: I went to DMV and spoke to the guy who called my number, he said that the drivers abstract covers the last 4 years of my driving history. That ticket and points I got was 6 years ago so it has been "erased" from my history. Is this really how it works? The guy was just a young kid, looked like he was just chilling at work, not really caring about much lol. Not sure I could take him seriously. I didn't have enough time to stay and get a second opinion. If it really has been erased from my record, should I still mention it in the packet? Apparently, according to the kid at DMV, I can't get any proof that it happened anyway... So if I put it down and the investigator wants paper work on it, wtf do I do?! Something seems off, here...
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Thread Information