Like Tree9837Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Went to the courthouse to get the 2 dispositions I had. Both given to me at the same time in 2007 lol. Both dismissed. The guy at the counter said that the FDNY investigator isn't gonna care about them bc they are from over 6 years ago and were dismissed. It was nice to hear but I will bring them anyway, just in case. John just said that if they were dismissed, nobody cares lol. I'll keep you guys posted, of course. Update on that red light ticket I mentioned before: I went to DMV and spoke to the guy who called my number, he said that the drivers abstract covers the last 4 years of my driving history. That ticket and points I got was 6 years ago so it has been "erased" from my history. Is this really how it works? The guy was just a young kid, looked like he was just chilling at work, not really caring about much lol. Not sure I could take him seriously. I didn't have enough time to stay and get a second opinion. If it really has been erased from my record, should I still mention it in the packet? Apparently, according to the kid at DMV, I can't get any proof that it happened anyway... So if I put it down and the investigator wants paper work on it, wtf do I do?! Something seems off, here...
    Grizzle 2 things.. 1st off good thing you got those dispositions, because even though no1 cares about those summons', you might get an idiot investigator like I did who wanted the disposition anyway. So good move there.

2nd off, put the red light tickets down. FDNY HAS ACCESS to drivers abstract. When I went for my intake interview, she didn't even care about the abstract because she said fdny has access to the dmv records and can look them up themselves. So if you put the red light ticket down, then she really CAN'T ask you for any proof on it, because she has the computer system to do it herself, and she'll see its not there and there's no way you can get info on it.

I would put it down just to be safe. And bring the abstract as well. My idiot investigator didn't want mine, but I left it with her anyway. I dunno if your investigator will ask you for it just to be a pain.

Forum Member

Omg these people already have access to my driving history?! Well, that was a waste of an hour and a half of my day today.........
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Omg these people already have access to my driving history?! Well, that was a waste of an hour and a half of my day today.........
    You could have done it online, but yea my investigator pulled mine up right on the screen too
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

if you've ever had a drivers license in another state, you will need those
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

I don't understand why we needed to bring out abstract in if they had instant access to it, could have saved me $7.50 lol.

On my investigation packet I listed back in 06 I went to traffic court and plead guilty to driving with a busted headlight but my investigator didn't ask for a copy of the disposition, this happen to anyone else ?
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Everyone here is discussing dispositions letters and from my understanding you only need one if you were arrested or summons in court. Does suspended license count?
    On my abstract it shows the dates time served.
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Nice to see this thread actually talking about processes and moving things along. Been about 13 weeks since I have cruised the internet.
    5 weeks left.....you guys are next. Good luck with everything.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Nice to see this thread actually talking about processes and moving things along. Been about 13 weeks since I have cruised the internet.
    Someone calculated it, it's like 20 days of actual academy left. It's almost here.....

Forum Member

Anyone else recieve paperwork in the mail today concerning bloodwork from the medical ?

Forum Member

I think there's only 6 or 8 days worth of cycles left too. Aren't there only 26?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    I think there's only 6 or 8 days worth of cycles left too. Aren't there only 26?
    Correct, at least in the case of my class. Hopefully alpha enjoyed the field. I think bravo has the better spot because when they go back after their week rotation there's only 4 weeks left.

Forum Member

The week was awesome, couldn't have asked for a better group.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Yeah dude I can't wait. Me and plenty of the other guys list number 800 and below realize that this January is gonna be a reality very soon.

I'm training like my life depends on it man, nothing other than a freak accident that cripples me is gonna stop me from getting into and through that academy.

Ready to do anything for the best job in the world!
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

I'm in the 500s and I may be in the next class but my biggest problem has been my diet : / I still run almost every day and I have decent stamina from soccer my whole life but I've been gaining weight from eating unhealthy and too much. I'm trying to discipline myself and do Monday-Friday eat healthy and then weekends free to eat what I want but its tough.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    What do you mean by cycles

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    What do you mean by cycles
    Reading, and class cycles, it's just how your week breaks down. Basically 2 cycles a week.....

Forum Member

Has anyone who has taken the medical not receive their results in the mail?
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    Has anyone who has taken the medical not receive their results in the mail?
    I have not...are you suppose to? note, i just took mine like two weeks ago

Forum Member

Two things:

Tomfromqueens, did your investigator tell you to expect a letter in the mail for medical?

Secondly, for anyone who took the psych and had to come back for an oral, how long after you took it were you contacted?

Forum Member

I don't think getting your medical results are that big of deal. Maybe they ship the ones that need a doctors note about something they saw before others. Just keep waiting for the next steps notification, if you don't get anything for the run or CPAT, then call them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I don't think getting your medical results are that big of deal. Maybe they ship the ones that need a doctors note about something they saw before others. Just keep waiting for the next steps notification, if you don't get anything for the run or CPAT, then call them.

Thanks. I finished everything already I'm just waiting for the run.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Two things:

Tomfromqueens, did your investigator tell you to expect a letter in the mail for medical?

Secondly, for anyone who took the psych and had to come back for an oral, how long after you took it were you contacted?
    I just did my investigation and I think Im right near tomfromqueens on the list-- they said we might be getting a letter for the medical any time over the next couples of weeks, they werent really sure. They did say that we probably wont be in this Januarys class but will most likely be in the June class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Two things:

She didn't mention the medical at all but she said with my list number I'm most likely looking at July 2014. Also at the CPAT orientation yesterday they told us that this round of medicals is scheduled to November 22nd, so if we haven't received anything for the medical yet and if we don't hear anything soon than we won't be in this round of medicals.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

They just send you you're blood test results. It means nothing. Don't worry about it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    They just send you you're blood test results. It means nothing. Don't worry about it.
    Thanks for the heads up. I got that on saturday and didn't know what to do with it. There was no directive in the package.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Thread Information