Like Tree9877Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I can see them getting too 600-800 for this class (January). Then, for the following class (June), if it takes 900-1200 guys to get 300 (ill say 300 so that there is room for recycles) then that means theyll could possibly get to list numbers in the range of 1500-1800. Who knows if these numbers will actually happen, I'm just simply using the ratio of 3:1 and 4:1. If I were you Id prepare as if I was going in the June class, just in case you do get called.
    Thanks NycQ83, I guess that seems about accurate based off of previous hirings. I was starting to wonder if they would even get to the 15## but that's my pessimistic side talking. As for training, I train as if the academy is starting next week. Keep up the good work gentlemen.

Forum Member

productive day today. dropped off paperwork with my investigator, and only need one more notarized letter and im pretty much done with the paperwork, and one hour later I did my second attempt at the stairs for 8 minutes and i passed. So i just need to get the methacholine test in and my CPAT on monday and after that, thats pretty much it i think.
    besides working out, staying in shape and running lol
    DedicatedAmbition and JDNY13 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

When does this current class graduate ? And when will the mile and half be for January's class ?

Forum Member

Went through the investigation. Besides 2 papers I forgot, remember to bring your own black pens lol. And as far as dispositions, if they were dismissed, then it isn't important. My investigator actually wanted to see mine just to prove they were dismissed. Lucky I did bring them with me. He just looked at the paper and gave it back. He didn't want to keep them or anything.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    productive day today. dropped off paperwork with my investigator, and only need one more notarized letter and im pretty much done with the paperwork, and one hour later I did my second attempt at the stairs for 8 minutes and i passed. So i just need to get the methacholine test in and my CPAT on monday and after that, thats pretty much it i think.
    besides working out, staying in shape and running lol
    under what circumstances does the medical office make you go for a methacholine test? Also where is the test is it at the FDNY medical office or do you need to go elsewhere to take it? Anyone know anyone that has taken it? thanks

Forum Member

Oh okay thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I freakin hate tricep curls, LOL.
    And by tricep curls do you mean tricep extensions?

(similar to this, but 2 dumbells instead of one)
    http://www.building-muscle101.com/im...xtension-2.jpg

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Oh okay thanks for the clarification.

And by tricep curls do you mean tricep extensions?

(similar to this, but 2 dumbells instead of one)
    http://www.building-muscle101.com/im...xtension-2.jpg
    Yes, those......
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

A higher up in Ems said today there will be another promotional exam at the 2 year mark from when the last one was given. Not exactly sure when that is but just a general FYI not that it effects anyone really.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    A higher up in Ems said today there will be another promotional exam at the 2 year mark from when the last one was given. Not exactly sure when that is but just a general FYI not that it effects anyone really.
    😳 is there a age limit for promotion?

Forum Member

Take the test by 29.5 or whatever. Same as OC.

Forum Member

The FDNY medical office doesn't provide you with the methocholine test. I took mine at Winthrop Hospital and contacted the office of Pulmonology.
    I wouldn't wait too long to get it done because I had to book it 2 weeks in advance. I remember that BHS wanted results within a month of my first medical date.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Yea from what I hear this is true. My brother became a fdny emt shortly after getting his score of a 98 on open comp. he said the test is two years from Whenthe last test was given.

I wonder if this affects those people later on the list.

Forum Member

Wait, so when would that promo test be given? When did we take the test again? I can't remember cause didn't it get pushed back?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KnocKnoc View Post
    The FDNY medical office doesn't provide you with the methocholine test. I took mine at Winthrop Hospital and contacted the office of Pulmonology.
    I wouldn't wait too long to get it done because I had to book it 2 weeks in advance. I remember that BHS wanted results within a month of my first medical date.
    if you don't mind asking, why did you need the methochline test? I was recently diagnosed with very very minor asthma from breathing in that lovely Iraqi and Afghani dust when I was in the military. I'm still going to process if I get called (1800s), but I'm looking for some more info on if they would even look at me with my new diagnosis.

Forum Member

Exam 2000 and 2500 were taken in Feb-March 2012. I don't believe another promotional exam would be given in 2014 especially since the EMT/EMS ranks are pretty much depleted now.. but then again who knows.
    Last edited by NewSteveYork; 10-31-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Forum Member

I went for my medical 2 weeks ago and they never advised me to get this, should I call them and ask if I need one ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewSteveYork View Post
    Exam 2000 and 2500 were taken in Feb-March 2012. I don't believe another promotional exam would be given in 2014 especially since the EMT/EMS ranks are pretty much depleted now.. but then again who knows.
    If thats the case then the promostion would be coming up within the next couple of mothns?!?! Does this mean they will jump everyone again?
    Last edited by NycQ83; 10-31-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Forum Member

Can someone briefly explain the 2 try on the stairs for the medical bc they guy there was just like ayy come back and stay on for 3 extra mins your heart rate don't matter and now im pretty confused

Forum Member

I doubt that there is another promotional exam in the near future (a few months). The FDNY wants to get through as many OC candidates as possible. The previous exam cost the City a lot of time and money. They definitely want to process as many people off those lists as possible. Even if there is a promotional exam, you need 2 years (i believe) EMT/EMS experience before you can be promoted to FF.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    Can someone briefly explain the 2 try on the stairs for the medical bc they guy there was just like ayy come back and stay on for 3 extra mins your heart rate don't matter and now im pretty confused
    He wasn't lying to you. What he said is right, come back stay on an extra 3min. 5+3=8min and you're done

Forum Member

Obviously nothing is concrete but I have from pretty good authority they do plan on having another test.

This wouldn't effect most of the people on front on the OC list because probably 90% of people who would take it won't have the two years on the job in EMS to actually take the promotion yet so it would be a while before it would have any effect on the OC list.

The ranks of ems are definitely not depleted and they've been having back to back classes because they are preparing to lose more guys consistently through the OC list. They aren't hurting anymore than usual really. Not that long ago I had 7 extra guys sitting in my station getting sent out to others or just sitting doing nothing. Since I got out they've hired approximately 400 guys easily and it's barely been a year and have at least two more classes scheduled to go in.

----------

2nd medical

3:12 no vest 60 steps a second
    5 min rest
    8 mins 60 steps a second with 50lb vest

Don't look like death after
    BXEMT likes this.

Forum Member

I had to take it last Spring because I checked off "Seasonal Allergies" on the medical form. Mostly just itchy nose and eyes. The medical office makes candidates take the methocholine to make sure you don't have asthma.

If they didn't ask you to get it done then your good!!!! Don't mention it and if your allergies are seasonal don't feel the need to write about it.

"Full Metal Jacket" , maybe get it done beforehand so you can walk in the medical with the results.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

I had to take it last Spring because I checked off "Seasonal Allergies" on the medical form. Mostly just itchy nose and eyes. The medical office makes candidates take the methocholine to make sure you don't have asthma.

If they didn't ask you to get it done then your good!!!! Don't mention it and if your allergies are seasonal don't feel the need to write about it.

"Full Metal Jacket" , maybe get it done beforehand so you can walk in the medical with the results.
    Yeah, I got one done when I first got diagnosed and still had like 99% Lung capacity. I ran 9 miles last week without any medication and don't use my rescue inhaler at all. Anyone know if asthma, in any form, is a automatic DQ?

Forum Member

i have to take the methacholine test because i had childhood asthma and had a slight abnormality in the pulmonary function test. the fdny doesnt provide that test, so i have to go get it done at a hospital next week.

"KnocKnoc", how was the test for you? i could use some advice. thanks
    Exam: 2000
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...dule_alpha.pdf

There is no promotion to firefighter exam schuduled through June 30, 2014, according to The DCAS schedule.
    Last edited by Minerva; 10-31-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Thread Information