Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 612 of 1020 FirstFirst ... 112512562602609610611612613614615622662712 ... LastLast
Results 12,221 to 12,240 of 20389
Like Tree7739Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

177 guys from EMS are set for this class, the rest is not confirmed yet. Be back in another few months.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    177 guys from EMS are set for this class, the rest is not confirmed yet. Be back in another few months.
    Wow.... So far 500 promos have gone in and more are set for the winter. Almost 2 complete classes of promos. I think exam 6019 had a total of 80 hahaha. I really should've just joined the EMS years ago. This seems like its going to become the main way people enter the FDNY.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Jukez, any idea how many EMS are around for January's class?

Forum Member

Also, what do you guys think, is this a good thing for us? Bad? or does it really not affect us in any way for the January, July, and other future classes?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Wow.... So far 500 promos have gone in and more are set for the winter. Almost 2 complete classes of promos. I think exam 6019 had a total of 80 hahaha. I really should've just joined the EMS years ago. This seems like its going to become the main way people enter the FDNY.
    Why do you think Cassano's kid did it? Not saying it's an easy job at all, but the competition for the promo exam is dramatically lower than the OC one.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Jukez, any idea how many EMS are around for January's class?
    From what I know there aren't really many left at all. There was actually quite a big handful that failed CPAT ( I don't know how cause its so easy!!! ) and got cut because of age etc. the people up for promotion in january havent taken medicals yet so thats another obstacle. if I was to throw a number ill say 30 for January at the very MOST. So close to 300 spots left for PH and OC.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

From what I know there aren't really many left at all. There was actually quite a big handful that failed CPAT ( I don't know how cause its so easy!!! ) and got cut because of age etc. the people up for promotion in january havent taken medicals yet so thats another obstacle. if I was to throw a number ill say 30 for January at the very MOST. So close to 300 spots left for PH and OC.
    But then again this is assuming that EVERYONE from EmS and OC graduated since PH can't recycle to next class. So what every recycles are left subtract from those 300. At this point you would hope that EVERYOnE graduates haha

Forum Member

But then again this is assuming that EVERYONE from EmS and OC graduated since PH can't recycle to next class. So what every recycles are left subtract from those 300. At this point you would hope that EVERYOnE graduates haha
    I'm curious what the ratio is for people who quit and then recycle.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I'm curious what the ratio is for people who quit and then recycle.
    Not all, but most. The answer is most.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Recycle is said with such a negative connotation here. People often don't quit and recycle, they get hurt and miss more days than they are allowed to, and that's it, it's over till the next class.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Recycle is said with such a negative connotation here. People often don't quit and recycle, they get hurt and miss more days than they are allowed to, and that's it, it's over till the next class.
    Odd question. What happens if someone is forced to quit in the above stated scenario say because of a bad sprain or something. They are maybe two months in with two to go and fully intend on coming back for the next class when they heal up and start over. Do they stay on the city's payroll while they wait or would they need to find a new job till the start the next academy?

I feel like if people are taken off the payroll while they wait to recycle then we all should be pretty careful how you quit your current job even though everyone says you wont be able to give 2 weeks notice. Again weird question, its just a slow news week and I'm sure this happens to people every class.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Odd question. What happens if someone is forced to quit in the above stated scenario say because of a bad sprain or something. They are maybe two months in with two to go and fully intend on coming back for the next class when they heal up and start over. Do they stay on the city's payroll while they wait or would they need to find a new job till the start the next academy?

I feel like if people are taken off the payroll while they wait to recycle then we all should be pretty careful how you quit your current job even though everyone says you wont be able to give 2 weeks notice. Again weird question, its just a slow news week and I'm sure this happens to people every class.
    I have no idea. It was different for everyone in the last class because we were all EMS, so they may have gone back to their previous title (EMT/medic), but to be honest I really don't know.

Forum Member

Bro You don't need to know. You won't go back, you have a one way trip to wonderland and there's no turning back ;]

Forum Member

stuff like this can/will be addressed throughout the mentorship program. Definitely take advantage of this offer they are extending to us.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    stuff like this can/will be addressed throughout the mentorship program. Definitely take advantage of this offer they are extending to us.
    Speaking of which, are the mentors notified of news and info by the department or do they just go off what they know from experience? I have a couple of friends OTJ who don't really know much about this new process we're all dealing with here.

Forum Member

Speaking of which, are the mentors notified of news and info by the department or do they just go off what they know from experience? I have a couple of friends OTJ who don't really know much about this new process we're all dealing with here.
    yea I was thinking the same thing.

Forum Member

I don't believe they have "inside info" other than they hear things OTJ like any other FF. But they definitely are more knowledgeable about our process than a lot of other guys who have 10+ years. We are also their first run through the program too so when they reach out to more people as they move along the list the mentors will have some experience under their belt which can only help.

Forum Member

By the way...last guy going in the academy from the OC is low 80.....
    vekdoggs75 and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

good info...do you think you'll be able to find out how many PHs made it in? Would be nice to see what the OC hiring ratio looked like, even with a small sample size.

Forum Member

Is it pathetic that even if I don't have a good shot at the winter class I'm still going to lose my ^%$# and be euphoric just to get the investigation packet in a month or 2?
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.
    List # 12XX

Thread Information